PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest things you've seen people do in your gym

Pages : [1] 2

Gray
02-13-2009, 07:25 AM
We all have this clueless fools in our gyms, trying or doing the most ridiculous things that almost defy believe. What are some of the most stupid things you've seen people do in your gym?

One such story is that I was repping with 150kg (350 pounds?) on the bench for 2-3 reps max. Behind me was a fairly big kid peering at me. As I finished, I was about to take the weights off when he came to me and said he wanted to have a go with the same weight I just benched. I shot one look at his body and told him he was insane trying this. He said he had been training for a year (it looked like his first day in the gym) and was up to it. I said fine, left the weights and walked to the changing room to have a shake. All of a sudden I heard a commotion outside in the reception, walked out and saw people running up the the weights area. This idiot has only gone and got an equally brained moron to spot him, lifted the weight and apparently it crashed down so hard on him that the spotter holding the bar, flew over the bench and landed on the floor, busting his nose and upper lip wide open. The kid ended up with a cracked sternum, 3 broken ribs and a week in hospital. If you ask me, he was lucky he didn't die.

Another thing I saw was an old man come into the gym, pick up two 15kg weights and started violently swinging it back and forth with his arms to what I could only deduct, was to warm up his rotator cuffs. All of a sudden, one of the weights slipped from his hand, flew forwards and smashed the mirror he was standing infront to a million pieces. He was even embarrassed.

mr.genetics
02-13-2009, 07:32 AM
Mine would have to be a girl who stood on the outer sides of the treadmill and turned it on. I guess she figured she had to start it at a running pace before she jumped on. Well anyway, she jumped on the treadmill when it was already going and wasn't running fast enough. She was holding onto the handles and basically shooting off of the back. It was pretty funny shit.

red barraca
02-13-2009, 10:52 AM
i seen a guy at my gym,did'nt warm up properly went to heavy to quick tore his pec from his bone,this guy is done!

red barraca
02-13-2009, 11:01 AM
all around the world,can't leave out the one upper's that's in every gym.you graba pair of dumb bells,this guy one upp's his form start's out ok but end's up's turning into cheat set just for the sake's of lifting the heavy weight.has no idea about mind-muscle connection

GYM RAT
02-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Some guy in my gym thought he would be clever running backwards on the treadmill, until he fell on his ass and was propelled into the rowing machines.

BigJD69
02-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Years ago when I was Powerlifting, my training partner and I after squatting loaded up the leg press. When we were done with the leg press this clown comes into the gym, straight from the beach;bathing suit on tank top and flip flops. We just started to un load the leg press and he tells us to leave the weights on, which we did. We walked away to another area of the gym, with out even warming up or anything, clown man gets into the leg press and proceeds to get buried. We had to run over and help him from his thighs being pushed thru his ass.

buster12
02-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Ive been accused of doing something dumb.... I was doing rope front pull overs ( charles glass style), and som1 said thats not how you work the triceps....

bigtimektz
02-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Personal Trainers that workout at my gym like to yell and scream at each other all the way across the gym to draw attention to themselves. They also think it is cool to sing aloud whatever homo music they are listening to in their ipod. I hate these ass clowns.

orhochris
02-13-2009, 06:38 PM
definitely loadking up too much on barbell bench or incline bench and then not being able to get it offf their chest... then one side comes crashing down after they fail. Hilariuos...

JustLuke
02-13-2009, 06:56 PM
the trainers at my gym are the dumb/ill informed. One trainer was having a client do lat pull downs, the lady pulled the weight to the point where a rational person would stop, then the trainer "corrected" her by having her pull the bar to her belly button. I was extremely irritated by the ignorance, I mean this person is supposed to be informed enough to help you workout correctly.

the other one I saw was on the same lat pull down machine, the client was arching her back and the trainer told her not to, she actually told the client to crunch forward.

Is it okay to tell a trainer how to train?

MusclesMarinara
02-14-2009, 02:46 PM
I always love the classic guy who comes in throws a bunch of weight on the bar to bench, lowers the bar maybe 2 inches and then racks the bar.... baffles me.

robert da strongman
02-14-2009, 02:52 PM
I always love the classic guy who comes in throws a bunch of weight on the bar to bench, lowers the bar maybe 2 inches and then racks the bar.... baffles me.

oh you have seen me bench?
haha

robert da strongman
02-14-2009, 02:53 PM
the guy spotting his buddy but staring at the hot chick doing step ups. missing the poor fucker lose the bar...

same jackass next set flexing his tris and checking them in the mirror while spotting his buddy.

xxterxx
02-14-2009, 02:58 PM
one guy told me not to do good mornings... because according to him it hits the lower back...

he told me not to train lower back..because you will injure your lower back..

yeahhhhhhhhh rightttttt

Mike Marcano
02-14-2009, 07:18 PM
People doing curls in the power rack.

Mike Marcano
02-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Or their was a female personal trainer working at the gym I worked at and she would pretty much diet 5 weeks, do about 3-4 hours of high intensity cardio, AND would do maybe 2 reps on her own for a lot of sets and would want you to spot her the other 10 reps!!!!!!!!!! Then when I would suggest her going lighter she would say, "You think so!"

Mike Marcano
02-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Or people would read their text books or newspaper with them while on benches or leg extensions and do a set every 5 minutes!

aragorn1500
02-14-2009, 07:30 PM
I was training at an out of town YMCA once and I noticed this idiot would load up the squat rack with every 45 lb plate he could find. Once he got under the bar he would start screaming and lift the bar off the racks and then he only "squatted" two inches and then re-racked the bar.
One day I watched him load up a bar at the bench-press, he looked at me and I immediately knew what he was thinking: he wanted me to spot him.
I wanted none of this, so I started walking around all the equipment deliberately trying to avoid him. He actually started running after me until he got in front of me and asked me to spot him.
I broke down and helped him lift the bar off the bench and he did the same thing, he screamed and lowered the bar two inches and motioned me to grab the bar.
That was the only rep he did. I've never seen anything like that before.

gman
02-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Guy at our gym kneels somehow on a large fitness ball, and then does db shoulder presses as he teeters on the edge of disaster.

He does this all on the stretching mat in the back corner, with his body facing the glass emergency exit door.

I keep picturing him falling forward through the door and decapitating himself

BigJD69
02-16-2009, 12:21 AM
What about when one guy is benching and the spotter is doing upright rows! LOL

Daniel Minarsky
02-16-2009, 02:10 AM

Amen to that. One power rack in my gym. A 300lbs overweight female trainer (how she gets her clients is beyond me) is having a 120lb spagetti of a guy doing bicep curls in the power rack with an Olympic barbell and 2.5lb plate on each side.....

Daniel Minarsky
02-16-2009, 02:13 AM
I think that the three dumbest things most people do in the gym are:
1) not warming up properly before lifting
2) Not performing the exercise in proper form and refusing help if somebody senior wants to explain to them how to do it
3) Handeling too much weight.

mitch
02-16-2009, 04:53 AM
I love the guys who come over when your doing heavy squats and tell you how much they used to lift "before they hurt their back" or whatever lame excuse they have for not squatting. Then they head over to the leg press, load it up with plates and do half reps. It seems to impress those who don't know better.

Gray
02-16-2009, 07:24 AM
Another thing I despise is the idiot next to you watching you train, then try and grab slightly higher weights to show you he is stronger, then proceed doing quarter inch movement reps.

gman
02-16-2009, 09:49 AM
It kills me to see women doing one arm rows with 10 lb dbs. How are you going to force your back to do any work unless you lift heavier?

Curt James
02-16-2009, 09:50 AM
At Gold's I was guilty of complete idiocy. Someone had 315 on an Oly bar on an incline bench. I stripped all three plates off one side of the bar and, yeah.

The bar immediately completed a sweet arc to the twelve o'clock position while the other three 45# plates crashed to the floor.

Brilliant.

At Planet Fitness, a guy was using three areas or pieces of equipment at once - a Smith machine, pec deck, and pulldowns in some kind of giant set.

My training partner and I went to do Smith sonething.

"I'm on that."

Moved to do pulldowns.

"I'm on that, too."

The guy is older and thinner than I am, but he was alpha dawg that day. lol

How about some gym courtesy, bizzotch?

The Celt
02-16-2009, 08:11 PM
I saw a kid & his friends load 305 onto a bar in the squat rack one day, when he couldn't get it up off the rack by himself they "assisted" him, I thought for sure he blew his knees out when they let go, it was awful. After we knew he was ok, a couple of us scoleded them for being so stupid and lifting way beyond their limits. Watching the security tape later was just brutal, he was lucky he didn't get killed...

Curt James
02-16-2009, 08:22 PM
I saw a kid & his friends load 305 onto a bar in the squat rack one day, when he couldn't get it up off the rack by himself they "assisted" him, I thought for sure he blew his knees out when they let go, it was awful. After we knew he was ok, a couple of us scoleded them for being so stupid and lifting way beyond their limits. Watching the security tape later was just brutal, he was lucky he didn't get killed...

You saw the thread (Not here. There.) about that boy who dropped a dumbbell on his skull and then fell face first into the dumbbell rack? Not sure which killed him. :(

Lifting beyond his abilities.

Shadow
02-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Not quite a dumb thing I've seen, but this mother fucker bumped into me while I was doing dumbbell bench today. Hard. If I weren't a calm person I would have thrown the dumbbells at that bastard.

Curt James
02-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Gym etiquette. People need to open their frigging eyes. :mad:

buster12
02-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Or people would read their text books or newspaper with them while on benches or leg extensions and do a set every 5 minutes!
im very sad to say that i've also seen that...lol

smvmuscle
02-16-2009, 09:11 PM
i got a few....

side bends with a db or a wieght plate.... donbt people relize this makes your waist bigger?????

doing anything but a squat or racked dealift in a squat rack............i hate when stupid fucks use the squat rack to do BB curls..... If you are one of these people STOP!!! its called a squat rack for a reason!!!

there are others but those are the 2 i laugh at the most besides people using way to much wieght and think they look cool doing 50 lbs db curls but there using there whole body with a little press at the end...... LOSE THE EGO.

Womanthrower
02-17-2009, 12:52 AM
It kills me to see women doing one arm rows with 10 lb dbs. How are you going to force your back to do any work unless you lift heavier?
That's definitely one of the things that kills me the most. One time this chick had like, 2.5 dumbbells and was doing some sort of nonstop circuit of high rep kick backs, lateral raises, bicep curls, and some other crap, and for some reason she felt she needed to be doing all this while standing over the low back bench. Never used it in anyway, just stood over it. I was just staring at her like, "Why? for the love of god why?" Took her about five minutes before she finally stopped.

not2big
02-17-2009, 01:02 AM
rack a huge amount of weight on the smith rack...incline bench...and full rep, from start to finish was about 3 inches...maybe 4..and for reps..MAN..what an animal.

red barraca
02-17-2009, 09:37 AM
this is turning out good.iam a personal trainer at my gym,i see this shit every day.the ego lifter's,curling on the squat rack,people doing more bullshiting texting than training hard.people not putting there weight's up,that's just plain rude

Shadow
02-17-2009, 10:06 AM
Gym etiquette. People need to open their frigging eyes. :mad:

Seriously.

MichaelWayne
02-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Ah, reading these makes me glad I'm able to workout at home! Still, every now and then I have a buddy who wants to start 'getting ripped'. They usually last for a week or two and in that time they all do the same thing. Thinking its a powerlifting meet and trying to outrep what I'm doing. No matter how many times you tell someone, 'Its only a number, not a judge of character. Lift for quality, not quantitiy", noobs don't understand.

Bacon Boy
02-17-2009, 10:20 AM
3 45's on the leg press accented with 2.5 pound plates on the end of the leg press, I am sorry that ridiculous...

Teenage guy goes hey man can you spot me? its his first set of db shoulder press, and you find out for the next 2 sets you are going to be doing all the work!

The guys who come up after you have just tightened your belt and straps, and have a hold of the bar come up and ask for a spot, and if you tell them at the end of your set they stand waiting by you!

Guys that come in right after working construction covered in mud walking all over the black rubber floor leaving it everywhere!

People who DB curl like its a full body workout because they use 4 times more weight than they should!

Girls telling you they dont want to lift anything heavy because they are afraid they will get muscles, yeah right!

The Women who say your only cut because of your youth! It not my fault you hop on the elliptical and go 1000 mph and just burn glycogen!

"So your a bodybuilder right? ME: Yeah! Twinkie person: You know that will just turn to fat when you quit right? ME: by what physiological process does muscle turn into fat, and I am planning on stopping training when I am dead!"

When the twinkies come up after you just get done with jefferesons and tell you that's not how to do deadlifts

Strikerrjones
02-17-2009, 10:57 AM
doing anything but a squat or racked dealift in a squat rack............i hate when stupid fucks use the squat rack to do BB curls..... If you are one of these people STOP!!! its called a squat rack for a reason!!!

I use the power/squat rack in the gym for bench pressing because I don't work out with a partner and dislike asking people to spot me. But yeah... curls do not need to be done in a rack.

What really bugs me is when people put their towel and water bottle on a bench and then do standing DB curls or something. It annoys the shit out of me to have to interrupt my workout and wait until they're done with their set so I can ask them if they're actually using it. Is it really so bad to put your stuff on the floor?

red barraca
02-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Ah, reading these makes me glad I'm able to workout at home! Still, every now and then I have a buddy who wants to start 'getting ripped'. They usually last for a week or two and in that time they all do the same thing. Thinking its a powerlifting meet and trying to outrep what I'm doing. No matter how many times you tell someone, 'Its only a number, not a judge of character. Lift for quality, not quantitiy", noobs don't understand.

somebody give this guy a cigar!

bluedata
02-17-2009, 12:46 PM
definitely loadking up too much on barbell bench or incline bench and then not being able to get it offf their chest... then one side comes crashing down after they fail. Hilariuos...

I saw this one too, but I felt sorry for the poor guy.

Lvwyo
02-18-2009, 01:02 AM
I always laugh my ass of at the guys that do curls with more swing than a playground. These are the same guys that look at me funny when I curl less weight with strict form, but yet realize that my arms look better than theirs, and my arms aint great!!

indianamonster1986
02-18-2009, 01:07 AM
You saw the thread (Not here. There.) about that boy who dropped a dumbbell on his skull and then fell face first into the dumbbell rack? Not sure which killed him. :(

Lifting beyond his abilities.

Yea I remember reading that post. Definitely felt for his parents.

indianamonster1986
02-18-2009, 01:11 AM
This loud mouth pt at my gym video tapes his weak ass clients doing half reps on the leg press with 5 plates with them screaming their head off and him yelling "ptp baby pay the price yea boi yea" and then claims he is going to send it to college football scouts.

hulkish808
02-18-2009, 07:50 PM
Last year, a few of us were warming up for a powerlifting meet on campus (UNLV), and I was gonna use a barbell to prepare for the deadlifts. This guy who wasn't near the bench came back and said he was still using it.....yeah....he was SITTING on the bench for the next 7 min. listening to his IPod....wonderful...

Almaz
02-18-2009, 07:55 PM
This is the way to do it! dWO81j2EyYo

MichaelWayne
02-18-2009, 08:07 PM
This is the way to do it!

WTF was that! I would have to grab that guy by the neck and throw him out if I saw that shit. Can't wait for the day that he slips a disc and makes himself a veggie!

aragorn1500
02-18-2009, 09:03 PM
I didn't know they had a workout room at the psych hospital.

KIR
02-19-2009, 10:01 PM
There is someone at my gym that does the same thing everyday and wonders why he does not grow then when he asks what I do he says that I dont know what I am talking thats why hes 155 LBS

Bigsteak
02-20-2009, 01:47 AM
I once saw a guy wearing gloves apply chalk to his gloved hands then go bench on the smith machine, lol.

Canuck_Muscle
02-20-2009, 05:50 AM
For me personally I have seen a lot of dumb shit but the most annoying is definatly the skinny runts who put 225 on the bar and bench out 1/8 reps. I am thinking wtf is wrong with these retards? It is one thing to try and show off but at least do the full rep to get my respect.

greuceanu
02-20-2009, 06:51 PM
side bends with a db or a wieght plate.... donbt people relize this makes your waist bigger?????

How does a side bend make your waist bigger?

hulkish808
02-21-2009, 04:13 PM
I actually was ridiculed in front of people at the cafe in the rec for ordering 2 servings of BCAAs and glutamine in my protein shake, by a worker with a beer belly as high as the Rockies. Each of those servings aren't even 5grams worth. I never went back since, and he's still obese and I've made improvements, go figure.

Another was this girl who works at the rec, and she came by me n my friends while we were doing abs. She was trying to tell us what to do, when we asked if she wanted to joined, she said, " ah.. I've blasted my abs for today." we all looked at her like she was halucinating because she looked pregnant ( really fat )

BarbellBeast
02-22-2009, 05:48 PM
the trainers at my gym are the dumb/ill informed. One trainer was having a client do lat pull downs, the lady pulled the weight to the point where a rational person would stop, then the trainer "corrected" her by having her pull the bar to her belly button. I was extremely irritated by the ignorance, I mean this person is supposed to be informed enough to help you workout correctly.

the other one I saw was on the same lat pull down machine, the client was arching her back and the trainer told her not to, she actually told the client to crunch forward.

Is it okay to tell a trainer how to train?

Wonder who they're certified through? If you ask about their cert they'll probably look at you like a confused puppy.

Old people usually do the dumbest things I've seen. My favorite was doing a front pulldown on an HS Bicep Curl. I hate the kids that think they'll look awesome if they do 1,000 curls of puss weight, but I have to admit I was one of them at one time:o. I also hate the racketball players that use the benches near the racket ball courts as a place to put their bag, then they sit on all the lat pulldown machines and chat...ass faces:mad:

There's also this guy that's actually quite entertaining. He does the stair master every time he's there, just because that's where the fit women do their cardio. if he "works out" he scopes out the cutest girl in the gym and picks a machine within their sight. He may or may not do a whimp set, then he'll pull up his wife beater to wipe his forehead...usually he's not even sweating the least bit. He does it to show off the 6pack. To give credit where credit is due though he does have a quality pack.

GrayBull
02-22-2009, 08:29 PM

Her response: "I DON'T WANT TO TO BULKY!!"

MisledYouth
02-22-2009, 08:52 PM

Hahahaha... Fuck me!! That had me laughing so hard. Quite possibly the best youtube training vid ever!

Yea I remember reading that post. Definitely felt for his parents.

Holy shit, that kid died? I remember reading that thread, had no clue he died.

MuscleBoy
02-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Men and women doing Kickbacks with lousy form. Instead of their back being parallel with the floor they are at a 45 degree angle, also their arms are not even close to their bodies. They are far from their sides and they arms are just flapping around like pigeons.

iusealittle
02-23-2009, 12:47 AM
stupidest thing iv seen is a guy doing box squats and just droppin has ass on the box....HARD, no slow down, just droppin outta the sky. dip shit....

use.

anthony1992
02-24-2009, 12:50 PM
people not warming up and starting on there heavyest set first and people throwing a medicin ball on a moving treadmill

anthony1992
02-24-2009, 12:53 PM
funny video Almaz

Gaoshang Xiongshou
02-24-2009, 01:07 PM
this is the way to do it! dwo81j2eyyo

lol!!!! Wtf?!

Gaoshang Xiongshou
02-24-2009, 01:09 PM
I have seen people doing crunches wrong on the Swiss Ball...

How does ANYONE do these wrong?! I just really need to know.

tommigunzzz
02-24-2009, 01:19 PM
One of the dumbest things has to be when people are walking on the treadmill at 2 mph for 30 minutes or more.

Big Al
02-24-2009, 02:43 PM
I saw one dude once in leg press machine - he was standing on the pad that you suppose to lay on and he was holding the metal platform on his neck and shoulders.
Pretty sick, isn't it? Got to see to believe!!!

greuceanu
02-25-2009, 01:10 AM

That was...unexpected.Maybe he was trying to work his knee extensors along with iliopsoas/abs?

BarbellBeast
02-26-2009, 12:00 AM
That was...unexpected.Maybe he was trying to work his knee extensors along with iliopsoas/abs?

Maybe he's training to spawn upstream:D

greuceanu
02-27-2009, 02:40 AM
Maybe he's training to spawn upstream:D

You're suggesting he thinks of himself as a salmon/trout? Hmm, now that you mention it, i did see finn in the title.

BIGSNOR
02-27-2009, 02:59 AM
that video......fuckin a lol. Im pretty sure he has another video or somethin on Utube where he's doing barbell curls or deadlifts with a shitload of weight and its THE MOST HORRIBLE THING you've ever seen....someone needs to post it. its WAY worse than that. jesus....some peoples kids.

timmytimm3
02-27-2009, 09:49 AM
Or my personal favorite: Get off your FUCKING cell phone! Yes, I'm looking at you because you've been sitting on that bench for 20 minutes.

thepump
02-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Dude came to work out drunk.

Haha need i say more.

Wnt to passout with 225lbs over your chest???
Do like he did and down a bottle of firewater haha
stuble in and go for it lol:d

Curt James
02-27-2009, 04:59 PM
That was...unexpected.

X2

DEFINITELY didn't expect THAT. :confused:

Maybe he was trying to work his knee extensors along with iliopsoas/abs?

Or maybe he was having a seizure. :(

greuceanu
02-27-2009, 08:57 PM
X2

DEFINITELY didn't expect THAT. :confused:

Or maybe he was having a seizure. :(

Barbell Beast might have figured it out.'Sup Curt?

BoneBz
02-28-2009, 06:05 PM

That pisses me off dude. I show up on a back or leg day and I wanna get some shit done, go straight to the rack and start my squats or rack deads. And some horses ass is doing curls in the fucking thing.

Nelford
03-05-2009, 10:46 AM
There is this lady that always get on the leg press machine and start reading a book between her sets. I ask her about it and she smiles and says that the only time she gets her reading done.

Koubs
03-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Or my personal favorite: Get off your FUCKING cell phone! Yes, I'm looking at you because you've been sitting on that bench for 20 minutes.

It's one thing to HAVE your cell phone up in the weight room... It's one thing to glance it at... It's one thing to actually send a text message or even take a phone call, MAYBE it really is an emergency...

But the other day this dude was literally DOING leg presses, in mid-set, and calmly answered his cell phone and proceeded to have about a 5-10 minute conversation, WHILE CONTINUING TO DO LEG PRESSES!!... At one point he racked the weight (continuing the call), and then started a new set a couple minutes later all while talking on the phone...

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???

BK
03-05-2009, 10:34 PM
People using collars on a Smith Machine. I saw this today.

Big Tav
03-08-2009, 07:36 AM
I didn't see this personally but for f*ck sake!

Joshua H
03-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Saw a trainer at a Ballys in Milwaukee, WI have his client (who was in seriouse need of some muscle size in every area of his body) do cable external rotator cuff exercises to failure and then beyond failure with the trainers help. This guy was just asking to tear somthing not to mention the pointlessness of a 120lb adult male doing such a movement for getting any bigger??????? I think ym jaw hit the ground pretty hard after seeing that one. I almost stepped in to say somthing but kept my composure to keep from embarresing the trainer despite his stupidity.

Steve56
03-09-2009, 07:55 PM
I saw Max Charles preacher curling 405 and benching 1000 pounds all this while only eating one meal that entire week!

raylove
03-09-2009, 11:34 PM
dumbest thing i saw at the gym was a guy who screms and grunts so loud i think he's constipated then loads up the smith acts like hes gonna do A shrug but then he just does like a calf raise holding the wieght????? and lets the 6 plates slam and shake the whole smith machine.

it angered pretty much everyone in there around him at the time. not to mention i worked there and this guy did that about 2-3 times every week and he was always in there week in and week out.

JohnnyMuscles
03-11-2009, 07:45 PM
I like the people that immediately after their workouts light up a cigarette and go right into a pizza parlor and order three pepperoni slices. I had to deadlift some weight off these 18 year kids chests in the gym many times who tried to bench way more than they are able to handle. There is this guy in the gym who is almost 60 loads up the deadlift to 405 with no warm up and keeps trying to lift it until he gets it and then proceeds to do good mornings like half a squat half a good morning looks painful!

JohnnyMuscles
03-11-2009, 07:48 PM
I didn't see this personally but for f*ck sake!

LOL! That has to win the award for the dumbest thing ever!

robert da strongman
03-11-2009, 08:00 PM
dumbest thing i heard...

guy offering me a spot when i squat...fucktard i was doing push presses

KEVDIESEL
03-11-2009, 11:30 PM
i didn't see this personally but for f*ck sake!holy shit

powermania
03-11-2009, 11:35 PM

lmao!

GirlyMuscle
03-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Usually I don't care what other people do in the gym but I have to agree with John on this one.

Weighted side bends.

http://www.rxmuscle.com/articles/romanos-rage/126-stuff-i-hate-machine-monopoly.html

Koubs
03-12-2009, 03:18 PM
as bodybuilders, we take this "basic knowledge" for granted.... Many people are truly oblivious as to what they should do in the gym (and out of the gym: nutrition) in order to get the results they want.... This stuff John was talking about happens CONSTANTLY at the gym... Some people learn, some don't.....

testboner
03-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Not the dumbest I've seen, but it ranks up there.
A couple dudes laying reverse direction on the lying leg curl machine, putting the back of they're heads under the pad and doing neck raises.
I suppose it works but looks rediculous.

pittbull
03-28-2009, 04:40 PM
just got home from the gym and am wondering what the hell people are thinking????!!!! yesterday I saw an old couple that kept setting their dumbells they were using on the padded bench instead of the floor while they werent using them! I am a stickler for taking care of equipment as we all have to use it....fuckin pissed me off!!

Then today I saw this guy everytime he finished a set he was reading some fuckin book...I thought well maybe its a workout book or something...atleast hes dedicated and learning right? Later I am doing dumbell curls and he comes over to use the adjustable incline bench infront of me. I swear to God he spends 10 minutes trying to figure out how the adjustment works!!! finally I took off my headphones and helped him, jesh!!! and then I looked down and the book he is reading is some frikin horror book!!! OMG!!! He is stopping and reading this fuckin book after every set....I just dont get it!!

DaEagles
03-29-2009, 06:11 AM
Clips on Smith Machine, is the fucking dumbest thing EVER

pfab1
03-29-2009, 06:07 PM
Well, one guy lives in the gym... literally. It's open 24 hours and he just chills in the lounge of the locker room all day watching tv and I enjoy bothering him while I have my shakes. He's actually a pretty good guy. It's one of the funnier things i've heard of, pretty smart though if you think about it, rent for 50 bucks a month.

Dan_Manslaughter
03-29-2009, 10:38 PM
There's this kid here at the gym he must be 17 or 18, football player. He always wears a black shirt that says "TEAM BIG SECURITY" on the back accentuating his love handles. He has the ultimate reverse body dysmorphia going on. He's decently strong but in terrible shape, probably 24% bodyfat. He has obvious 13" arms but the other day this is what he told me: "DUDE i'm taking this supplement called NO Fury. I was literally in a nitric oxide rage the other day when I was working out. My arms are like 20" now." I said "Really? That's interesting".

Well i got off a 12 hour shift at work and was just doing a quick 45 minute workout and sure enough "Team Big" is in there. He asks if I'll help him for a second. I said "sure" just thinking it would be a spot or something but I was wrong... He said "I want you to push my neck really hard for 10 seconds as I resist it... IN 4 DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS." I about told him to fuck off, but I thought about it a moment and it was an opportunity for me to put my hands around his neck so I took it naturally. He lays down like beached whale on the bench and put my hand around his neck and start pushing it and he says "HARDER!" (im sure this looked incredibly gay), i start pushing a little harder and he said "COME ON, HARDER!" so I pushed harder and he yelped out this scream that was unbearable and I though he hurt the shit out of himself and possibly sprained his neck. He then said "MAN that was a good stretch. Ok now for left to right". After that I left. It was the single most retarded thing i've ever seen.

buster12
03-29-2009, 10:44 PM
There's this kid here at the gym he must be 17 or 18, football player. He always wears a black shirt that says "TEAM BIG SECURITY" on the back accentuating his love handles. He has the ultimate reverse body dysmorphia going on. He's decently strong but in terrible shape, probably 24% bodyfat. He has obvious 13" arms but the other day this is what he told me: "DUDE i'm taking this supplement called NO Fury. I was literally in a nitric oxide rage the other day when I was working out. My arms are like 20" now." I said "Really? That's interesting".

Well i got off a 12 hour shift at work and was just doing a quick 45 minute workout and sure enough "Team Big" is in there. He asks if I'll help him for a second. I said "sure" just thinking it would be a spot or something but I was wrong... He said "I want you to push my neck really hard for 10 seconds as I resist it... IN 4 DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS." I about told him to fuck off, but I thought about it a moment and it was an opportunity for me to put my hands around his neck so I took it naturally. He lays down like beached whale on the bench and put my hand around his neck and start pushing it and he says "HARDER!" (im sure this looked incredibly gay), i start pushing a little harder and he said "COME ON, HARDER!" so I pushed harder and he yelped out this scream that was unbearable and I though he hurt the shit out of himself and possibly sprained his neck. He then said "MAN that was a good stretch. Ok now for left to right". After that I left. It was the single most retarded thing i've ever seen.
this story is pretty fucking hilarious!

bigtimektz
03-29-2009, 11:07 PM

If I saw that at my gym I would take a picture, and continually laugh about it forever.

PrestonJMoore
03-30-2009, 01:58 AM
GDs8RvDZKTY
V2ohZTQ3Fik
tAZaHzd6qAY
jHd8uB41yRQ
57oCZzXQUvc
gMseMXl1wGM
FJZOsNdbRog
BuHMlvN0pX8
kdpL7cNWMmk
MyXOzxS0DH0
VUYIsf62How
XUuwEq98ByM
ovXGxvcmyAU

bean44
03-30-2009, 07:22 AM
I train at La Fitness, mock me if you must. One day there was this smuck shadow boxing with dumbells right were I was incline dumbell benching. Now the problem is if any of you know La fitness the benches are bolted down. Worse then that, this f*ck was wearing clogs, I kid you not. "Team big security" out! nothing more

Voland
03-30-2009, 08:04 AM
Today i've seen a dude running on a treadmill wearing a tank top, with that plastic all over his waist, he was sweating insanely and all the area was red and sore.

pittbull
03-30-2009, 10:53 AM
OMG those videos made me laught till I thought I would shit myself!!! I cant believe they are real....

pfab1
03-30-2009, 08:29 PM
AHHAHA those videos are ridiculous. Some of those indo board things were pretty crazy though as stupid as they are.

crashcrew56
03-31-2009, 12:34 PM
one day i was in the gym and there was this guy doing lunges and he would drop down and slam his knee on the ground, i don't know how he didn't hurt himself, his knees must kill him after he gets done

Mouse
03-31-2009, 02:31 PM
I kind of like that treadmobile; looks like fun. It doesn't look like it steers though.

JohnnyMuscles
03-31-2009, 07:44 PM
This past Sunday I probably saw the dumbest thing in the gym that I have ever seen in my life. These 2 guys both about 5ft 5 with pot bellies and without a shred of muscle between them loaded up the squat rack to 585 ( 6 plates on each side) and then did about 5 sets of squats going down about 1/20 of an inch kinda like pushing more up then going down. Helping each other to get the bar back in the rack each time. I was waiting for the weight to crush them I couldn't believe my eyes. I haven't seen many people do sets of 585 let alone these guys!!! After that they preceded to the bench press loaded it up to 315 for a set going down like 1/50 of an inch for their set. Then unbelievably they put 405 on the bench I was sure they were going to get crushed I was almost scared for them. Lucky for them you would need a microscope to see if they even went down at all in their set. I wanted to tell them to enter a powerlifting contest because if they can do sets of 585 on the squat and then follow that up repping 405 for a few sets they must be really strong but I didn't say anything. Then the part that really blew my mind was there was this guy that was subtly impressed by their feats, and he started talking to them and they ended up training him!!!! Poor guy taking advice from them!!!

ANADROLicfreak
03-31-2009, 09:13 PM
saw some guys on the smith machine doing squats.the thing was there toes were pointed out both of them.like a dancer or something.oh did i mention they had a ten pound plate on there with collars.funniest shit

crashcrew56
04-01-2009, 12:07 AM
how far pointed out were they?

B7emm
04-09-2009, 10:27 PM
I did the dumbest thing any one can do in the gym. I was working out with my little bro. and broke my foot doing squats. just by steping out of the rack with 405. you let all that weight get all on one point on your foot crack. it hurt. but the worst thing is pushing my self to hard on deads. i have herenated a disk in my back set me back 6 months in training and lost 30 lbs of mass. i hope to be back at it soon

"Rodz"
04-11-2009, 12:30 AM
i didn't see this personally but for f*ck sake!

omfg!!!

ANADROLicfreak
04-11-2009, 12:46 AM
pointed directly out to the side like a ballerina or something.

ANADROLicfreak
04-11-2009, 12:53 AM
today i saw someone doing db curls and the guy was clicking the weights together behind his back.i did not know what to think.

"Rodz"
04-11-2009, 03:33 PM
today i saw someone doing db curls and the guy was clicking the weights together behind his back.i did not know what to think.

some weird rythem thing, fucked if i know, lol

SUMO
04-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Not too many people train when I do, but the other day there were two guys in the locker room measuring their arms. With a tape measure. You know, the metal kind, like carpenters use?
They were so thrilled with their 17 and 17.5 inch guns. Idiots.

ChunkyThunder
04-12-2009, 12:46 AM
Not too many people train when I do, but the other day there were two guys in the locker room measuring their arms. With a tape measure. You know, the metal kind, like carpenters use?
They were so thrilled with their 17 and 17.5 inch guns. Idiots.

I guess the huge gaps where the metal bends is irrelevant in the measurement?

redline777
04-14-2009, 02:11 AM
i seen a guy doin smith machine military presses once with 3 gorilla plates each side. he did 2 reps and when he got to the 3rd one (just!!) everyone heard him ummm well...lets just say "let rip"....when he rushed to the toilets everyone knew he's shit his pants and the stench was enough to make a hardcore gym rat vomit!!!...whos next on the smith machine i yelled??? LOL

sam the man
04-14-2009, 07:20 AM
i hate these boys who use 20lbs dumbell for dumbell press, week ago i was doing shoulder flyes and put the dumbell after my 2nd set and that prick pick the set and walked to the chest section and i said i need them for two more sets, after 4-5 mintues i am done with them, but he was ready to have a go on me for his hardcore chest workout.

sam the man
04-14-2009, 07:34 AM
two young boys age about 16-17 were in my gym, they bought shaker and some cret powder from a discount sale, and they were bit loud that day, i guess trying to tell everyone that they are drinking something while their workout, and those 50 kgs boys were doing chest, the spotter bend over to help the partner and shit happen, he vomited on his (partner, who was under the barbell) face.

GYM RAT
04-14-2009, 08:30 AM
There is a guy in my gym who uses lifting straps for everything; Bench press, squats you name it. He even comes into the gym wearing the straps.

hrd
04-14-2009, 08:55 AM
Saw a guy today, EZ bar behind his neck, 15kilos each side, standing with legs apart. He would do these little jumps, around 6 inches high....wince in pain...wait about 30 seconds and do it again. I thought it was all over after about 10 minutes when he moved onto some machines....but Noooo, he came back a little later and did the whole thing over again. It hurt to watch. I have no idea what he was trying to accomplish other than cause himself pain.

SUMO
04-14-2009, 09:25 AM
There is a guy in my gym who uses lifting straps for everything; Bench press, squats you name it. He even comes into the gym wearing the straps.
Well of course he comes into the gym wearing them. He probably drove to the gym with them wrapped around the steering wheel.

DaveV
04-14-2009, 09:53 AM

I saw a guy like that. I was waiting outside the gym and this guy comes walking up adjusting his elbow pad and he had wrist straps on. Guess he put them on in the car lol.

Gymrat65
04-14-2009, 12:37 PM
I had a guy @ the gym (aka Monkey boy) he would walk like a chimp every now & then saw him run from across the room & start swinging on the pull up bar was waiting for him to slip & fall on his face. (haven't seen him for a while maybe he slipped & i didn't get see it).

Ninja Loco
04-14-2009, 12:45 PM
I think the dumbest thing ANYONE could ever possibly see in any gym is VInce Goodrum walking in.

bigem225
06-05-2009, 09:30 PM
there was this one guy at the powerhouse i went 2 who would get in front of the squat rack and start doing gymnastics baton twirling or whatever for like an hour i was like dude can i get the frickin squat rack u can look at ur self in the mirror at home doing that....lmao i think he wanted to impress everyone but rlllly wed get great kicks out of it.

jbruno7272
06-06-2009, 08:36 PM
I was training at an out of town YMCA once and I noticed this idiot would load up the squat rack with every 45 lb plate he could find. Once he got under the bar he would start screaming and lift the bar off the racks and then he only "squatted" two inches and then re-racked the bar.
One day I watched him load up a bar at the bench-press, he looked at me and I immediately knew what he was thinking: he wanted me to spot him.
I wanted none of this, so I started walking around all the equipment deliberately trying to avoid him. He actually started running after me until he got in front of me and asked me to spot him.
I broke down and helped him lift the bar off the bench and he did the same thing, he screamed and lowered the bar two inches and motioned me to grab the bar.
That was the only rep he did. I've never seen anything like that before.

I think this guy is at my gym now! He yells and barks like a dog and then proceeds to do 1/16 reps.On top of that, he's obsessed with checking himself out in the mirror. He acts like a real hard ass and is a cop.

Bacon Boy
06-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Ok youtube videos too damn funny! I could have been told I had penile cancer and my dick had to be removed if I was watching those I wouldn't of cared because even though I would have to be dickless, I still wouldn't be as stupid as the dumb ass old man ROLF

Caleb56
06-07-2009, 01:05 PM
I remember a time when this kid who must've weighed 120 goes over and gets some 30 lb dumbells. He thought he was doing shrugs but in a quick movement would rotate his shoulders in circles. I cringed when i saw that.:eek:

lilfella
06-07-2009, 01:50 PM
I watched a kid (bout 17, 135lbs) walk in and put a plate on the incline bench. I was thinking this kid must be strong warming up with his own bodyweight! He proceeded to take it off the rack and lower it to his neck then crush his chest as he struggled to slide this bar to his waist. I watched the human body respond to a life or death situation! I jumped up to help him got the bar off his waist and freeing him from smashed pelvic bones. He then says "man, I wasn't ready". I have never seen him again.

HITstrongman
06-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Not quite a dumb thing I've seen, but this mother fucker bumped into me while I was doing dumbbell bench today. Hard. If I weren't a calm person I would have thrown the dumbbells at that bastard.

Dude, that is the absolute worst. If someone wants to workout like a moron, thats perfectly fine with me, BUT, when you get in my face and risk injuriing me, thats when I get pissed off. I have so many times when I am doing either DB bench or DB shoulder press and some skinny retard gets within about 2 inches of one of my arms. After I finish my set I will stand right in front of the person glaring at them and I swear they look like they had no clue what they just did. Another thing that really ticks me off is when peoples kids are messing around in the free weight area, which usually happens later in the evening or on weekends. They will go around to every peice of equipment, load like a 10 or a 5 lb plate on each side, do about 5 BS 1/4 reps, and then leave the weight on everything and just walk out of the gym. At my gym probably 75 % of the people who us ethe weights just leave the plates on whatever they were using, no gym ettiquette whatsoever. Everytime me and my workout partner get to th gym we ALWAYS have to spent a couple minutes clearing all the plates off of everything and cleaning off the benches before we start working out. Some people just have no manners.

Ninja Loco
06-16-2009, 05:42 PM
I stated this in another thread but here goes.

Few days ago I saw this one cat walk into the gym. The kind you look at and immediately think "cumquat". Skinny-fat, attitude and a seriously righteous, spectacularly hot looking girlfriend. The kind that looks like there is no hair anywhere on her body because hair naturaly knows not to come close to such deliciousness. Anyways, dorkwad starts doing jumping jacks with some dumbbells and immediately racks himself in the gonads. He apparently did have something there because said douschebag drops them and doubles over and falls to his knees, whereupon said delicious GF helps him up and (they both probably weighed about the same) helps him out of the gym. Probably got himself a blowjob for all of a 3 minute effort to work out too.

dbyrneryan
06-22-2009, 04:52 PM
A guy in my gym hogs the one bench press we have for over an hour, he puts way too much weight on, brings the bar half way down, dose 2 or 3 reps of terrible form, waits 5 mintues plus in between sets, and dose about 10 to 15 sets, then flexes and poses for abit... it gets even worse with DB's, the guy hasnt a clue, mucho frustrating!!!

sweetjane57
06-22-2009, 06:13 PM
take a smoke break after each exercise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnnyMuscles
06-22-2009, 08:56 PM
I was squatting some pretty decent weight and the guy that works at the gym starts vacuuming the floor where the squat rack is has the cord right in the area where I would be squatting, then he proceeds to spray the mirror with water and slowly starts to clean it. I wanted to kill him! I played it cool though. This other guy takes the 25 pound ez curl bar and puts in the squat rack next to me and does like 10 sets of curls while other people are waiting to squat I found that to be pretty annoying as well.

NickD
07-05-2009, 12:20 AM
Although I must admit that this thread makes me laugh a lot. I'm still wondering about the "proper form" because Ronnie Coleman sure falls in the category of cheating when he does his biceps curl... His whole back is swinging yet he's an 8 time Mr. O... where's the problem??

Big Tav
07-05-2009, 03:29 AM
I still think they would be better if he used proper form. The main difference is Ronnie doesn't swing to make it easier on his arm he is using some heavy ass weights. Most people cheat to make it easier.

exit2010
07-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Duct taping plates to dumbbells is by far the most ignorant thing I think I have seen.

NickD
07-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Okay some horror stories involving a twig of a trainer I had for 3 months...

Me: "What about shrugs?"
Him: "You don't need that, traps aren't a muscle that's really important"

Doing a lot of weight training on a swiss ball. Including triceps pulldown!! From a trainer!!

Needless to say, I got rid of him.

Other things that I'm guilty of but that has been corrected, squats, I used to do 1/4 squats. Now I've dropped the weight on my squats but doing full length.

Another thing I saw in my previous gym (this one is not really something done but something weared). This guy looking like he was warped from a metal band in the 80's training with his sleeveless leather jacket and his metal t-shirt with leggins!!

But most of the time I'm so concentrated on what I'm doing that I don't look around much. Just the clock for my rest time.

NickD
07-05-2009, 11:47 AM
I still think they would be better if he used proper form. The main difference is Ronnie doesn't swing to make it easier on his arm he is using some heavy ass weights. Most people cheat to make it easier.

I tried to to it (not for show but for myself) and found out that if I maintain a decent form and add more weight, my arms will almost fell of my frame (and I'm no lightweight, sure out of shape but still a large frame). And it burns a lot where it should (forearms, biceps) so I'm thinking I must be doing it right.

Unless what you guys described is way beyond what I'm thinking...

Casperd360
07-13-2009, 03:43 PM
I had a guy at my gym sitting on the hs pulldown maching talking on his cell phone. My gym only has one of these. I say hey man how many more sets you got? He sticks his finger up telling me to hold on because he is on the phone. So I move on doing pull ups and then moving on to pulldowns on a cable machine. I move on to rows. The guy is still sitting there. 45 minutes go by this douche bag hangs up as I am getting ready to leave and MOVES to a new spot. HE WASNT EVEN USING THE MACHINE JUST SITTING ON IT!! I wait for him to set his phone down and walk buy with a 50lb dumbell. Its amazing how sweaty your hands can be when you train. Wouldnt you know it slipped right out of my hand and landed right on his cell phone.

He looked at me. I was like damn dude I am sorry. He looked like he wanted to scream. But held it in. I have never felt so good leaving the gym. Knowing I just ruined this guys day.:pistols:

anabolic fyre
07-13-2009, 04:08 PM
I hate the douchebags that you see everday curling and benching over and over again, with the heaviest weight possible for 2-3 reps with the worst form possible and somehow they still have a decent big lean body, fvkin geneticsssss...
oo nd in my gym theres this group of guidos that come in nd spend more time texting in between sets and wearing there AX sunglasses, lameee

Carolyn Bryant
07-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Buy a year membership and never show up.

Spauldo
07-13-2009, 05:07 PM
I think the dumbest thing ANYONE could ever possibly see in any gym is VInce Goodrum walking in.

I would work out with him just for a good laugh

JustLuke
07-14-2009, 02:59 PM
I had a guy at my gym sitting on the hs pulldown maching talking on his cell phone. My gym only has one of these. I say hey man how many more sets you got? He sticks his finger up telling me to hold on because he is on the phone. So I move on doing pull ups and then moving on to pulldowns on a cable machine. I move on to rows. The guy is still sitting there. 45 minutes go by this douche bag hangs up as I am getting ready to leave and MOVES to a new spot. HE WASNT EVEN USING THE MACHINE JUST SITTING ON IT!! I wait for him to set his phone down and walk buy with a 50lb dumbell. Its amazing how sweaty your hands can be when you train. Wouldnt you know it slipped right out of my hand and landed right on his cell phone.

He looked at me. I was like damn dude I am sorry. He looked like he wanted to scream. But held it in. I have never felt so good leaving the gym. Knowing I just ruined this guys day.:pistols:
that's freaking epic man!

serratus
08-02-2009, 06:12 PM

YES!
I would have paid to see that.

STACEYK
08-02-2009, 07:29 PM
I saw this overweight man with a big gut standing on a Bosu ball while trying to curl 45lb db all along he's wobbling back and forth trying to stablyze himself doing this exercise.

Casperd360
08-03-2009, 12:31 PM
I saw this overweight man with a big gut standing on a Bosu ball while trying to curl 45lb db all along he's wobbling back and forth trying to stablyze himself doing this exercise.

We have a gym here called Lifestyle fitness that does a personal training certifiaction through a company called premier. Its a dvd type personal training course with an 8 hour workshop at the end with live instructors. I took the course cost me $500. They say that doing curls while standing on those things makes your entire body work. I just see that as a way for some old person to fall and break a hip.

BigJD69
08-03-2009, 04:21 PM
I saw a guy dancing the other day!

Outcast
08-16-2009, 10:59 AM
Leaving weights on bars and equipment really burns me.

Also, perhaps its a pet peeve, but I don't like when people don't put the weights back in correct order, I.E: 45's on the top of the tree and 10's on the bottom. I've had to take time and correct some very precarious trees that were about to fall over. I'm seriously suggesting that the gym I go to take three of the tv's (which are setup where just about everyone can see them) and play Sesame Street on a continuous loop so people can learn how to count.

DCtraininggirl
08-17-2009, 01:40 AM
LOL I am totally with you guys!! This thread has made me laugh!!

I have to say the thing I hate is when people don't use proper form.

I saw this one relatively-athletic looking chic doing one-arm dumbbell rows with like, 15 lbs. What killed me is that she was arching her back something awful!! I wanted to say something, but I didn't want her possibly swing that 15 pounder at my face...LOL

Someone said earlier about the whole heavy thing? I agree...when I do one armed dumbbell rows I usually do like 35-40 lbs at least per arm.

fuknjacked
08-27-2009, 09:44 AM
The attention-whores are the ones that get me (male or female). If you can't workout without exposing 2/3 of your body, you've got some serious insecurity issues. If I wanted to watch people workout in their underwear, I'd workout in the locker room.

anabolic fyre
08-27-2009, 08:01 PM
the scrawny ass douchebags that check out there abs every 5 seconds in the mirror...
oo nd just today, i cant stand it wen that group of teens comes in nd do like 10 sets on the bench wastin there time lol...

hulkish808
08-27-2009, 10:00 PM
I remember a time when this kid who must've weighed 120 goes over and gets some 30 lb dumbells. He thought he was doing shrugs but in a quick movement would rotate his shoulders in circles. I cringed when i saw that.:eek:

I see this ALL the time at the UNLV rec center...I can hear their rotator cuffs crying everytime. I hate it when I hear the plates bounce on the seated calf raise machine, it's irritating. Also, guys who scream while pressing 40's, ridiculous.

No one really says anything to me, except for the student workers there who think they own the place, they got an attitude problem for sure, with their ham hock legs and chubby yoga frame.

Blue and Gold
08-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Dumbest thing at my gym has got to be the staff, today when I was doing skull crushers on the flat bench, I had one of the trainers come over and inform me that my bench press form was terrible and followed it up with a bench tutorial.:dunno:

Arnoldnumerouno
08-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Dumbest thing at my gym has got to be the staff, today when I was doing skull crushers on the flat bench, I had one of the trainers come over and inform me that my bench press form was terrible and followed it up with a bench tutorial.:dunno:
The guy doesn't know what a skull crusher is. What a clown. I hope you explained it to him.

Blue and Gold
08-28-2009, 11:11 PM
The guy doesn't know what a skull crusher is. What a clown. I hope you explained it to him.
Didn't even waste my time, just dialed up the volume on my music and went about my workout, it's not my job to show the staff what the fuck they are supposed to be doing.

a-dog
09-02-2009, 01:35 PM
not the dumbest but the funniest thing I've ever seen:

a while ago there was a hardcore gym in michigan called muscle connection...lots of state level guys trained there at the time. anyway this kid started coming in with his dad-I guess his dad was training him, the kid was about 16 or 17, not huge or anything. The dad was prolly in his 50's, looked like he might have worked out in the past. One day the kid is on the pec dec and he was s-t-r-uggling, did his last rep and stood up. The dad grabbed him, smacked him across the face pretty damn hard and pushed him back into the machine and demanded 5 more reps....now that is intense.

I saw a dude at the same gym doing inclines and a buddy of mine walked between the inline bench and the mirror in front of it-there was about a 5 foot area so he had lots of room, the guy immediatly racked his weights and walked over to my friend and slapped him across the face....that was nuts.

I switched over to worlds a few years later and they had a room just for calves, I was in there one day and this guy who was pretty damn big and in good shape was working calves with his VERY hot girlfriend. they're doing the donkey calf machine and she's doin her set and this guy just cut loose with the worst farts ever...the girl started laughing cause they were loud as hell too...the guy went nuts on her about how she needed to get serious and she's screwing up his training, just red faced and screaming at her...I just left the room.

I have a million of those kinda stories.

a-dog
09-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Didn't even waste my time, just dialed up the volume on my music and went about my workout, it's not my job to show the staff what the fuck they are supposed to be doing.

I wear a hat when I train, keep my head down and my headphones loud as they can go, I don't pay attention to anyone else only what I'm doing. I see to many kids being total morons in the gym and I just got sick of trying to figure out what they are doing.

DAVIDHARDY
09-02-2009, 03:40 PM
I hate it when people do squats in my curl rack!

artificialaspirations
09-19-2009, 09:14 PM
guy used to drink water out of a one gallon, red and yellow plastic gas can. What a tool. I wish he still did it cause I'd like to slap that pic all over the internet.

Rwdecker
09-19-2009, 09:58 PM
chest and bis 5 days a week. abs sat and sun

latissimus26
09-20-2009, 04:26 PM
about six years ago i was training at in-shape city (central cali.), when this goofy douche bag strutted in withthis smirk on his face like he was the man, and he ws everyone's superior. dude looked like he was about 170lbs (40 in his stomache). he proceeds to put two 45s on a curl bar and sit on a preacher bench. his "spotter" hnds him the bar and this silly bastard screams and yells at the top of his lungs and moves the bar about an inch away from his shoulders and pulls it back over and over again, screaming the whole time! everyone in the place just stoped what we were doing to watch. he was oblivious that we were all laughing! he would strut around the room between "sets" and point out to evryone he could how much weight he was curling. :no:

Ninja Loco
09-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Im going to say that leading the way right now is all these dumbasses bragging and lipping off on what amounts to a 500 dollar a month cycle of OTC supplements (Xplode, cell mass/size on, waxy, and ten protein shakes a day) and not getting much of anywhere. Then they add three different kinds of Prohormones, gain ten pounds and think they're the shit.

Yeah. The STUPID shit.

Curt James
09-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Im going to say that leading the way right now is all these dumbasses bragging and lipping off on what amounts to a 500 dollar a month cycle of OTC supplements (Xplode, cell mass/size on, waxy, and ten protein shakes a day) and not getting much of anywhere. Then they add three different kinds of Prohormones, gain ten pounds and think they're the shit.

Yeah. The STUPID shit.

I worked at a GNC during college. This 30 to 40something guy is at the register with a box of Cybergenics.

The stuff was a kit with a video, workout, and several bottles of pills or tablets for those who never heard of it. Cost between $120 and $130.

I asked him how he liked the first box and replied that it worked very well.

Said he gained five pounds. I'm thinking at the time that he could have gained the same amount with a burger, fries, and shake for as "bodybuilder" as he looked.

Still, I'd probably puke if I knew the total amount of money I've spent on protein powder, vitamins, and other pills.

My grandmother called GNC "the pill factory" whenever she asked about work.

And poking fun at myself, while working there, I purchased my fair (and idiotic) share of "clown pants".

Plus in high school I was a victim of imaginary lat syndrome. Yes, I was one of those delusional toothpicks who wandered the school halls with each arm raised out from the sides, gunslinger-style. D'OH!

"Draw, pardner!"

Yeah. The STUPID shit. :rolleyes:

trap
09-20-2009, 06:43 PM
i went to do abs on machine and man stop me and said..."i'm doing legs here"

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/4103/abmachines.jpg (http://img44.imageshack.us/i/abmachines.jpg/)

BOHICA762
03-02-2010, 10:03 PM
My favorite is the power rack, its the worlds largest hanging abs machine. I hate it and alwaYS TAKE THE HANGING THINGS Down so no one interupts me so they can hang there. also love the guy who is as big as a stick checking his abs out. i live in s fla and we get alot of hese abercrombie and fitch type workouts here. and then theres a guy who hates me because i didnt join his click at the gym. all he does is chest 6 days a week. theres a click of them. i am pretty down to earth and will help spot, work in with and if you have a question i will even take time to answer it but these guys i cant stand. needless to say they dont like me. i am not cool because i dont rock the designer name brand supplement shirts, shorts, hats and anything else you can think of.

sassy69
03-03-2010, 01:20 AM
You can do a wide grip lat pulldown in front or behind your head. You can do close grip pulldowns in front. At a local Gold's there was one guy showing another guy how to do a close grip pulldown behind the head, except his head was in the way. But he knocked out 3 sets of 10.... :dunno:

BOHICA762
03-03-2010, 07:41 AM
now I know to each is own but when i see these guys doing squats on those ab stability balls dont you just wont to throw something at them. :dunno:also we have a guy who likes to do yoga head/handstands right in the middle of everything. our gym is set up with a bench and arm area, but this one chick would always do her bent over deadlifts in front of the guys benching or curling, fine so be it,:wiggle: but then she would get furious when the guys stared at her. we do have a dedicated leg area. man someone could make a website off of just these stories

musclemilf
03-03-2010, 02:56 PM
You can do a wide grip lat pulldown in front or behind your head. You can do close grip pulldowns in front. At a local Gold's there was one guy showing another guy how to do a close grip pulldown behind the head, except his head was in the way. But he knocked out 3 sets of 10.... :dunno:

How about people who stand one legged on a bosu ball doing one arm dumbell rows WTF?!

now I know to each is own but when i see these guys doing squats on those ab stability balls dont you just wont to throw something at them. :dunno:also we have a guy who likes to do yoga head/handstands right in the middle of everything. our gym is set up with a bench and arm area, but this one chick would always do her bent over deadlifts in front of the guys benching or curling, fine so be it,:wiggle: but then she would get furious when the guys stared at her. we do have a dedicated leg area. man someone could make a website off of just these stories

Actually in all fairness to her, I see guys "migrate" to young tail like flies on poop. Sometimes guys are "unaware" of the unintended migration, it just comes naturally.

BOHICA762
03-04-2010, 07:41 AM
How about people who stand one legged on a bosu ball doing one arm dumbell rows WTF?!

Actually in all fairness to her, I see guys "migrate" to young tail like flies on poop. Sometimes guys are "unaware" of the unintended migration, it just comes naturally.

Could be the female version of wanting attention, guys try to impress by moving mass amounts of weights and girls shake their tailfeather or wear the tiniest top as possible. I kinda agree but my gym is the healthy version of cocktail hour. we ve all seen them , people tieing up machines, benches , etc etc. cant forget the i dont re rack weights group. i miss the gym i started out in!!!

Ninja Loco
03-04-2010, 11:20 AM
I read this thread from time to time and even though Ive had a couple of real tool belts in my gym, I dont deal with it on a regular basis the way most here seem to do. I mean every now and then some ass hat does something weird, like the chubby brothers who INSIST on doing incline situps off the highest possible rung while they flap their chubby arms like they're trying to fly off. On each and every rep too.

Or the dingleberries that HAVE to walk 100 paces out in front of the damned cables just to do cable crossovers.

The cool thing about working at an independant hardcore gym is that you have people that know what the fuck they're doing. So when we see these nutgaggers we simply go work out next to them doing it the right way, which puts them to shame enough that they stop.

OR....just telling the fuckers, "dude..... just bend the fuck over at a 45 degree, you dont have to walk out into the damned parking lot to these crossovers just because it 'hits your chest at the right angle' ".

"Hey keep doing those windmill situps, we're getting a cool breeze over here!"

And yes, you say it loud enough for everyone to hear. I love my gym.

sassy69
03-04-2010, 04:33 PM
i went to do abs on machine and man stop me and said..."i'm doing legs here"

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/4103/abmachines.jpg (http://img44.imageshack.us/i/abmachines.jpg/)

:no:

Duaneo
03-04-2010, 04:44 PM
I had a couple of idiots when I was at the gym....

The was a guy who would sit on the chest press machine, rack it up to max, then he would do a crazy ass breathin exercise (like a chick going into labour) squeeze out one rep, smash the weights down....take a walk around the gym for 10 minutes.....and go do it again. He would repeat the process about 5 times, and would scream like a biatch for the last 2. Then he would towel down and walk out. Frickin weirdo.

I also got asked by some teenage kid, if I could spot him on the tricep extension machine.....>WTF????!!!!!

And I am guilty of the dumbest thing ever.

At the gym there was a boxing room, that I frequented prior to my weights session for a bit of a warmup, no one else was normally allowed in there, other for boxercise and proper boxing classes. Anyway I was in there using a heavy bag and the hot chick receptionist came in, locked the door, exposed herself and asked if I wanted to warm up on her......I declined and walked out and hit the weights...........stooopid!!!!!

BOHICA762
03-04-2010, 05:58 PM
I had a couple of idiots when I was at the gym....

The was a guy who would sit on the chest press machine, rack it up to max, then he would do a crazy ass breathin exercise (like a chick going into labour) squeeze out one rep, smash the weights down....take a walk around the gym for 10 minutes.....and go do it again. He would repeat the process about 5 times, and would scream like a biatch for the last 2. Then he would towel down and walk out. Frickin weirdo.

I also got asked by some teenage kid, if I could spot him on the tricep extension machine.....>WTF????!!!!!

And I am guilty of the dumbest thing ever.

At the gym there was a boxing room, that I frequented prior to my weights session for a bit of a warmup, no one else was normally allowed in there, other for boxercise and proper boxing classes. Anyway I was in there using a heavy bag and the hot chick receptionist came in, locked the door, exposed herself and asked if I wanted to warm up on her......I declined and walked out and hit the weights...........stooopid!!!!!

The best is when they walk away from something for 5 -10 minutes and have a fit when they see you have stripped it and started using it. Glad i am just big enough that they usually wont say anything to me or i might lose a gym membership when i throw a plate a them.

big_duuude
03-04-2010, 10:03 PM
......the hot chick receptionist came in, locked the door, exposed herself and asked if I wanted to warm up on her......I declined and walked out and hit the weights...........stooopid!!!!!

DUANEO how long did it take to realise ?

repped.

Duaneo
03-08-2010, 06:02 AM
I was hot for the chick also man. And she left about a week later.

I didnt really realise totally what had happened until I was resting between a sets on the bench. I was like, fuck did that really happen? then I realised it did, and I was a retard.....I still cant work out what the fuck I was thinking to just walk out like that.

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
03-08-2010, 01:26 PM

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Can someone explain to me what people are trying to accomplish by walking on the treadmill with weights in their hand? I saw a guy on there this morning doing alternating bicep curls while walking, and every so often, he would drop them to his sides, and rotate his forearms.

Ninja Loco
03-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Can someone explain to me what people are trying to accomplish by walking on the treadmill with weights in their hand? I saw a guy on there this morning doing alternating bicep curls while walking, and every so often, he would drop them to his sides, and rotate his forearms.
Only if you can explain to me why someone would get all dressed up (shoes, scrunchy socks, headband, towel around the neck AAAAAAAAAAND lifting gloves just to run on the treadmill.

No sir I did not see it, another trainer friend of mine told me about it. The point of the matter is.....if you and I were at the same gym, how long would it be before either of us said anything. And who would be first. How long could our discipline hold out?

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Only if you can explain to me why someone would get all dressed up (shoes, scrunchy socks, headband, towel around the neck AAAAAAAAAAND lifting gloves just to run on the treadmill.

No sir I did not see it, another trainer friend of mine told me about it. The point of the matter is.....if you and I were at the same gym, how long would it be before either of us said anything. And who would be first. How long could our discipline hold out?

I just look at people and shake my head. It is their "workout"... their world. It is ugly, and I want no part of it. It is almost as bad as when I see guys on the treadmill wearing the weight belt, or people who have the incline ramped up extra high, but insist on holding on to the hand rails. I can only wonder why. My hands go on the rails only to get the heart rate reading, then then they are off again. What is everyone else doing though?

smj091977
03-08-2010, 02:52 PM
I had a buddy tell me I was overtraining by warming up! I am not a 10 set of ten kind of warm up guy, either. I do a 5, 4, 3 warm up scheme. This same guy does 2 1/2 hours in the gym, with 20-30 sets for biceps! I was like WTF?? To top it off, he has ILS and honestly if you saw him walking down the street you would never be able to tell he worked out. I was so flabbergasted I just kind of stood there for a minute wondering if I heard him right. I can only imagine its because I am still warming up when I get to his 1RM.

exit2010
03-08-2010, 04:30 PM
I just look at people and shake my head. It is their "workout"... their world. It is ugly, and I want no part of it. It is almost as bad as when I see guys on the treadmill wearing the weight belt, or people who have the incline ramped up extra high, but insist on holding on to the hand rails. I can only wonder why. My hands go on the rails only to get the heart rate reading, then then they are off again. What is everyone else doing though?

The only time i hold on to the rails is when i am practicing for the grocery cart races. It is supermarket cross training gym style.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-08-2010, 04:31 PM
The only time i hold on to the rails is when i am practicing for the grocery cart races. It is supermarket cross training gym style.

I see. This must be why I can never win. I need to work on that :yep:

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-13-2010, 09:39 PM
If this has not been brought up, I wish to do so now...

Wearing sauna suits... while drinking large amounts of water.

Can someone please explain this to me?

EarlGreyuk
03-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Why do people pay tons of money for a gym membership and all they do is walk on a treadmill at level 1. Could easily be achieved walking to the squat rack

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Why do people pay tons of money for a gym membership and all they do is walk on a treadmill at level 1. Could easily be achieved walking to the squat rack

I bet they walk twice, or maybe three times as much in a day to the vending machines.

antonbrn
03-15-2010, 05:30 PM
I went to the gym one day and saw two guys I worked with(at the time) on the smith machine. It's a small gym, so we only have one smith machine. Anyways, I did my whole workout and they were still on the smith machine (do one set, talk about 10-15 minutes and repeat). Then I decided to do some cardio. Afterwards, I went back to the weight area, and they were still at the smith machine. When I left, they were still hogging it. :no:

EarlGreyuk
03-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Not too long ago I was training and a guy walked in to start his workout. He is quite a large (tubby) guy. Needless to say he started to bash out some dumbell presses, then when the set had finished, started to eat his second mcdonalds burger, in-between sets.

Lann1011
03-15-2010, 06:53 PM
I saw a women lean so far backwards over the seat on a lat pulldown she was an inch a way from hitting the back her head on the floor!

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-15-2010, 06:58 PM
I saw a women lean so far backwards over the seat on a lat pulldown she was an inch a way from hitting the back her head on the floor!

Sounds like another one who needs their gym membership revoked.

The Big Sexy
03-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Have I told the story about the guy who dropped 100's of pink thai dbol on the floor in the locker room and they scattered everywhere? No? Everyone looked at the ground, stared for a moment, and then went back to getting dressed at their lockers. While the spiller started picking them up...

Funny - everyone knew what they were - but no one really acknowledged it. We all laughed about it later though.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Have I told the story about the guy who dropped 100's of pink thai dbol on the floor in the locker room and they scattered everywhere? No? Everyone looked at the ground, stared for a moment, and then went back to getting dressed at their lockers. While the spiller started picking them up...

Funny - everyone knew what they were - but no one really acknowledged it. We all laughed about it later though.

That is hilarious!!

musclemilf
03-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Last week's idiots in the gym sightings:

- lady yaking on the cell phone for over a hour while walking on the treadmill at 2.0 speed - why bother :confused:

- guy who put 5 plates on the flat hammer bench and was doing 1/4 reps - why???

- unfriendly bitch doing a million side bends with a 15lb dumbell on the hyperextension thingy. I hope her obliques get nice and thick.

hulk7510
03-16-2010, 12:36 PM
these 3 guys at my gym that do their complete chest workout on the smith machine.when someone else is using it,they'll use the regular bench and only go up to 185lbs struggling.but when they use the smith for benching,they can do 250lbs.wtf?and all of the reps are only halfway.

Suzanne
03-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Two college age thin guys at the power rack repeatedly pulling back then clanging the wt against the next one so everyone would look over to see how much they we doing.

turns out only had plate, quarter and dime per side (so must have just repeated pulled back the 25) wtf!! sounds like they were loading 405

The one goes to squat horrible form, couple partial reps both of which knees almost buckle, racks its and says "who's big man on campus"

I really, really, really wanted to go over there and show him how to squat that shit!!!

EarlGreyuk
03-16-2010, 02:19 PM
This one is over a period of 2 years. A guy no younger than 19 hops on to do dumbell chest press. Uses dumbells that are WAY too heavy for him, he proceeds to do 1/8th reps for maybe 3 reps and drops the dumbells which make a huge clatter. He's been told time and time again to use lighter weights. 2 years later hes using the same weights and the same 1/8th of a movement, and not grown an inch. Funny that.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Two college age thin guys at the power rack repeatedly pulling back then clanging the wt against the next one so everyone would look over to see how much they we doing.

turns out only had plate, quarter and dime per side (so must have just repeated pulled back the 25) wtf!! sounds like they were loading 405

The one goes to squat horrible form, couple partial reps both of which knees almost buckle, racks its and says "who's big man on campus"

I really, really, really wanted to go over there and show him how to squat that shit!!!

You should have. You should have just asked to work in, loaded some more weight on there, killed the set, and then walked away and left them looking stupid. :yep:

Suzanne
03-16-2010, 03:29 PM
You should have. You should have just asked to work in, loaded some more weight on there, killed the set, and then walked away and left them looking stupid. :yep:

I should have :yep:

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-16-2010, 03:40 PM
I should have :yep:

There is always next time ;)

Mac
03-16-2010, 03:41 PM
Last night some woman brought her dog in to the gym and took it around on a leash as they worked out.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Last night some woman brought her dog in to the gym and took it around on a leash as they worked out.

What the hell??! Was this a service animal??

Mac
03-16-2010, 05:19 PM

Nope, it sure wasn't.

I was leaving and in too much of a hurry to say what the fuck do you think you're doing with a dog in here.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-16-2010, 05:20 PM
I hope they put her out.

n8te
03-23-2010, 04:06 AM
Two guys were in the gym the other day grunting and making a fuss while doing 315 1/4 squats. Ignoring the both young men's size (the are just under my height so maybe 6' and they must be 150) I tell them they are doing in wrong. They say thanks and nod in agreement and when I walk back 4 min. later they are doing the same thing again.

Facepalm*

Ninja Loco
03-23-2010, 12:34 PM

I hope they put her out.
Kinda interesting you guys would mention this. I let my friends bring their Pits in so long as they're making a quick visit, or the gym is semi busy. The dogs love the cool gym floor.

cook
03-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Back in the early 80`s when smoking in public was still acceptable I was at a gym early one morning.I was in the office talking to the manager and we smelled something odd so we walked into the gym area and there was this guy about 150lbs with a dumbell in one hand and a lit cigarette in the other.He was sitting there doing curls and the manager asked him what the Hell he was doing and he just looked up and said "working out"kind of like he thought it was odd that he was being asked.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-23-2010, 01:06 PM
I saw a "trainer"... :lmao:... today demonstrating an incline dumbbell press for someone he was working with, and he brought the weight down so far that his shoulder blades were hugging the back rest. Not just a little beyond what would be parallel to the floor on a straight bench, but as if he was flapping wings.

swoleoneday
03-23-2010, 03:34 PM
[quote=Almaz;33619]This is the way to do it!

He looked like a fish caught by the tail!!!

I have a couple of stories. I see the women all the time on the pin machines with the pin on the top plate doing their "workout" Very few of them venture into the free weight areas and grab those 5 or 10 pounders and do their free weight "workout" with them.

1.5mph leaning on the handles on the treadmill always gives me a good laugh, especially when the person walks about 3mph when they get off.

The best one I am going to try to explain... There was an old guy that would come in the gym, do about 3 sets of something, always strange, in the course of about 2 hours. One of his "moves" was getting on the preacher curl bench, resting his chin on the pad (where your armpits would be), grabbing the ezcurl bar from underneath the arm rest, and doing some kind of forearm curls from there. I wish I would have recorded that, it was the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

statenis33
03-24-2010, 12:21 PM
people throwing a medicin ball on a moving treadmill

people do that??

musclemilf
03-24-2010, 03:38 PM
I saw a "trainer"... :lmao:... .

Yes, we have a couple of those "trainers". I just say WTF? a lot to myself.

This week's idiot sightings:

- bitchy side bend girl has increased her dumbell weight to 25lbs.

- 1/8 rep hammer strength chest press guy apparently has no leg routine in his workout schedule....ever. He sports a pair of skinny chicken legs.

- teetering dumbell squats on a bosu ball. :no: I honestly hate those little half dome bosu bastards balls that litter the gym.

statenis33
03-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Buy a year membership and never show up.

i love those people! theyre not in my way...

joe d
03-25-2010, 07:48 AM
a trainer was teaching a client how to do a drop set. she stood with her ass to the cable and lifted the cable through the opening between her legs up to her chin then lowewed it. when it got close to the bottop she dropped the handle letting the weights crash slightly and the handle drop to the floor only to pick it back up again to do the same thing. at the end this again was tought to be a drop set.

that same trainer has a boyfriend that comes to the gym a few times per wk to work the shit out of his arms. his arms are pretty big, the rest of his body is normal aside from slight lat and pec development. he is on the juice and looks retarted as hell.

they both walk around the gym like their hot shit and every time they catch me laughing at them they move to the other area of the gym where we cant see eachother.

Suzanne
03-26-2010, 02:11 PM
a "trainer" had a client doing some bizarre movement i hope i can explain

she is standing holding a single 10lb db
starts to bring db up as if gonna do shoulder press but nooooooo instead she
raises up her one knee and touches elbow to it then
swing db forward and around the back like a wind mill as she places foot back on the floor
repeats several times

what the FUCK is that supposed to be!!!!

sassy69
03-26-2010, 03:22 PM
a "trainer" had a client doing some bizarre movement i hope i can explain

she is standing holding a single 10lb db
starts to bring db up as if gonna do shoulder press but nooooooo instead she
raises up her one knee and touches elbow to it then
swing db forward and around the back like a wind mill as she places foot back on the floor
repeats several times

what the FUCK is that supposed to be!!!!

The makings of a torn rotator maybe?

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-26-2010, 03:31 PM
I just tried it as best as I can (minus the weight).

I have no answer. What does it do?? Make you look stupid is my best guess.

robert da strongman
03-26-2010, 03:36 PM
ok that really sounds stupid!

stupidest thing i saw in the gym....the new "fitness" trainer
a big fat vince goodrum looking fucker WTF?!?!?

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Never understand that.

robert da strongman
03-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Never understand that.

especially when his gut jiggles through his shirt!

diesel094
03-26-2010, 05:14 PM
theres a kid at my gym.. sings screamo music when he gets "pumped up"... im in the middle of a set and i hear him start and i immediately wanna crack him across the face. I hear a bunch if metal movin around by him then the bar slams back against the weight rack... i look over and he was curling the bar?.. lol

another one was me doing incline skull crushers... one of the only lifts where i use the mirror to check my form. my second rep some guy walks over to the db's right in front of my and stands there until my set is done, then just walks away? fucking idiots

Landworth
03-26-2010, 06:17 PM
So i'm on my second to last set of deads, and i got 405 on the bar and i'm at the hight of my 5th rep and this guy literally stands directly next to me with his feet where they r gunna get crunched by the weight when i set it down, I twist so that i don't crush the fuckers foot and i pull out my lower back... I don't know who is dumber, him for getting in my way, or me for not just dropping the weight on him and teaching him a lesson... Some people just really need a plate RIGHT THEN!!!

joelster
03-26-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm sure you guys can relate to this one..........

I was minding my own business when this 17 or 18 year old asks me to spot him on the bench. I see that he's got 225 on it and he looks like a 185 max kind of guy. He tells me "I'm gonna try for 5 or 6", so i'm thinking to myself this guy is a little stronger than he looks. Well I help in unrack it and I'm not really spotting him close on the first one because he DID SAY he's going for 5 or 6 so the first 4 should be gimme's. Well anyways I end up assisting him on the first, and second, and third, lol (I figured he'd stop at 3 but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) and 4th and 5th, and on the 6th, i'm honestly doing an awkward upright row of about 80-100lbs. So he racks the weight and I'm FUCKING FUMING mad! Then the kicker...............................

He has the balls to ask me, "Did you help at all on those?" and he's DEAD SERIOUS!

I said, "Are you kidding me?, Dude I helped on every rep, you're lucky I didn't get hurt!, take about 80lbs off next time you want to go for 6!!!!!!!!!!!!"

EarlGreyuk
03-29-2010, 04:09 AM
Not so much dumb, but something I hate! I had dieted down over christmas and lost about 2 stone of excess fat. This guy comes up to me in the gym and starts to give me unwarrented advice, 'if you eat more protein you'll gain muscle'.........O..K.
Good advice is fine, but crap advice, and thinking its good WTF!?!

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-09-2010, 07:26 PM
I saw it this morning:

I saw this guy doing a reverse pushdown type thing with the lat pulldown bar. He was standing on the seat, hunched over like he was doing reverse pushups off of a bench.

I also see this same guy every morning...

probably early to mid 50's... he is sitting on the stability ball with one leg half extended so that he ony has one foot on the floor... and he is doing dumbbell shoulder presses!!! 20lbs, I think. And he is sitting there trying to stay stable and groaning and straining.

Ninja Loco
04-27-2010, 01:04 AM
This just in today,

This guy comes in looking for "information on the gym".

Me: "15 dollrs a month, no contract, no sign up fees, no personal info. Just pay as you go." I give him a flyer with all pertinent info.

Him: " What does ...what do you mean by....... What does 'Non member' mean?"

I look up to make sure he's serious. He is.

I lean in a little closer, over the counter...."Sir..... if you are not a MEMBER, you are a NON MEMBER......."

musclemilf
04-27-2010, 03:26 PM
I saw it this morning:

probably early to mid 50's... he is sitting on the stability ball with one leg half extended so that he ony has one foot on the floor... and he is doing dumbbell shoulder presses!!! 20lbs, I think. And he is sitting there trying to stay stable and groaning and straining.

Not anything I actually saw in the gym...a woman from another internet forum totally unrelated to bodybuilding tried to convince me that "back in the day" she used to do 55# dumbbell presses with her TRAINER on a stability ball. She wanted to make sure she engaged her core. Uh huh, riiiight. No trainer in their right mind is going have someone do dumbbell presses that are that heavy on a stability ball and risk injury to the neck and spine.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-27-2010, 03:32 PM
This just in today,

This guy comes in looking for "information on the gym".

Me: "15 dollrs a month, no contract, no sign up fees, no personal info. Just pay as you go." I give him a flyer with all pertinent info.

Him: " What does ...what do you mean by....... What does 'Non member' mean?"

I look up to make sure he's serious. He is.

I lean in a little closer, over the counter...."Sir..... if you are not a MEMBER, you are a NON MEMBER......."

Reps upon recharge for this one. :lmao:

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Not anything I actually saw in the gym...a woman from another internet forum totally unrelated to bodybuilding tried to convince me that "back in the day" she used to do 55# dumbbell presses with her TRAINER on a stability ball. She wanted to make sure she engaged her core. Uh huh, riiiight. No trainer in their right mind is going have someone do dumbbell presses that are that heavy on a stability ball and risk injury to the neck and spine.

You would be surprised. Some people like to live dangerously, and chance the lawsuit.

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
04-27-2010, 03:36 PM

Ha ha, good thing I use 40s or higher....

jnickels
04-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Well....this isn't the dumbest thing, God knows a million and a half dumb things go on daily at any given gym. The thing that pisses me off the most is when you got these dumb fuckers using the power rack for their curls...with an amazing 65lb on the bar!!! Why the fuck would you tie up the only power rack in this shitty gym (but it's cheap and close to home) when the fixed str bars go up to 150 and you don't need the power rack to hold your weight in between sets?!?!?!

Ninja Loco
04-27-2010, 11:30 PM
Well....this isn't the dumbest thing, God knows a million and a half dumb things go on daily at any given gym. The thing that pisses me off the most is when you got these dumb fuckers using the power rack for their curls...with an amazing 65lb on the bar!!! Why the fuck would you tie up the only power rack in this shitty gym (but it's cheap and close to home) when the fixed str bars go up to 150 and you don't need the power rack to hold your weight in between sets?!?!?!
Ok, seriously? J, everyone.....

I forbid that shit to be done in my gym. Im not kidding in the least. We have over 150 loyal regulars and all know that if I catch someone doing curls in the squat rack, I simply ask them to stop. Politely, but firmly. And this knowledge trickles down to the new people and the stragglers, so never had problems of any kind. Thing is...and this is the really odd part, Im sure you guys can relate once I say it.... no true gym rat does that. Only begginers and douchebags do that shit. Ive never, ever seen a real, bonafide experienced trainer/bodybuilder doing curls in the squat rack.

retwa
04-28-2010, 02:37 AM
Only begginers and douchebags do that shit. Ive never, ever seen a real, bonafide experienced trainer/bodybuilder doing curls in the squat rack.

I do it, but only because no one in my current gym ever squats...

Recently the management (this is a YMCA) has done a poor job of keeping little kids out of the weight room. I've seen a number of near catastrophes as a result...

-kids loading up the incline bench and damn near dropping the bar right on their face before dumping the weight off

-this one little kid loaded up the weight stack on the cable station, grabbed the bar and just started walking out as far as he could, pulling the weights about 6 feet up. thought that at any moment he would be the ammo in a human slingshot firing across the length of the gym...

These two 'ladies' who think they own the gym; Last Friday, they set down their two ab mats right in front of the dumbell rack...you know, the place you have to walk right through in order to pick up and use a dumbell. They then take about 15 different dumbells, and line them up on a bench to be used for their coming workout (God forbid they should have to go and get a dumbell as needed from the rack like everyone else. No, they feel the need to reserve them all on a bench and prevent others from using anything they might need in the next hour). Their workout consists of lying on their backs in front of the dumbell rack for the next 45 minutes, twisting and turning, humping dumbells, all the while, COUNTING their reps in synch quite loudly, and commenting on how they can "really feel the burn on that one". Between sets, they assured each other again that they could indeed, especially feel the burn really well on that last moronic exercise, and they consulted some big handbook of exercises they had brought along, reading aloud how to perform the next exercise, every one of which was even more absurd than the last.

To make things worse, the gym was really busy, and everyone had to climb around these two bitches to get to the dumbells and/or workout area. At one point, after I had to practically step over them for the tenth time (was working arms that day and using a lot of dumbells), one of them finally said to the other, "Maybe we should move, it seems like we're in everybody's way." Ok I thought, there is some brain activity and sense of common courtesy here, thank God. Then the other one, turning in her too-tight lime green workout shirt with 5 or 6 rolls protruding through in all of their glory, responds, "No, we'll just let them walk around us! Hee heee hee hee heeee!!!"

:mad:

Ninja Loco
04-28-2010, 03:11 AM
Like someone once said.......some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them.

bbdude1988
05-14-2010, 11:56 PM

"Oh, but, I don't want to get bulky, only toned..."

s2h
05-15-2010, 03:16 AM
Dumbest thing EVER.....dude finishes his chest workout and in the middle of the gym puls out his slin pin and there he goes......and no he isnt diabetic.......

Casperd360
07-05-2010, 08:09 AM
I do it, but only because no one in my current gym ever squats...

Recently the management (this is a YMCA) has done a poor job of keeping little kids out of the weight room. I've seen a number of near catastrophes as a result...

-kids loading up the incline bench and damn near dropping the bar right on their face before dumping the weight off

-this one little kid loaded up the weight stack on the cable station, grabbed the bar and just started walking out as far as he could, pulling the weights about 6 feet up. thought that at any moment he would be the ammo in a human slingshot firing across the length of the gym...

These two 'ladies' who think they own the gym; Last Friday, they set down their two ab mats right in front of the dumbell rack...you know, the place you have to walk right through in order to pick up and use a dumbell. They then take about 15 different dumbells, and line them up on a bench to be used for their coming workout (God forbid they should have to go and get a dumbell as needed from the rack like everyone else. No, they feel the need to reserve them all on a bench and prevent others from using anything they might need in the next hour). Their workout consists of lying on their backs in front of the dumbell rack for the next 45 minutes, twisting and turning, humping dumbells, all the while, COUNTING their reps in synch quite loudly, and commenting on how they can "really feel the burn on that one". Between sets, they assured each other again that they could indeed, especially feel the burn really well on that last moronic exercise, and they consulted some big handbook of exercises they had brought along, reading aloud how to perform the next exercise, every one of which was even more absurd than the last.

To make things worse, the gym was really busy, and everyone had to climb around these two bitches to get to the dumbells and/or workout area. At one point, after I had to practically step over them for the tenth time (was working arms that day and using a lot of dumbells), one of them finally said to the other, "Maybe we should move, it seems like we're in everybody's way." Ok I thought, there is some brain activity and sense of common courtesy here, thank God. Then the other one, turning in her too-tight lime green workout shirt with 5 or 6 rolls protruding through in all of their glory, responds, "No, we'll just let them walk around us! Hee heee hee hee heeee!!!"

:mad:

There is a lot I want to say about this.

I will just comment the old ladies though. First off I am an asshole. I give people the chance to be smart and do the right thing. After that its fair game. I dont care if you are old, young, male, female, healthy or crippled.
I would have asked them to move and reracked all of their dumbbells for them. Had they refused I would have dropped a dumbbell right on one of these old ladies....

musclemilf
07-05-2010, 10:45 AM
There is a lot I want to say about this.

I will just comment the old ladies though. First off I am an asshole. I give people the chance to be smart and do the right thing. After that its fair game. I dont care if you are old, young, male, female, healthy or crippled.
I would have asked them to move and reracked all of their dumbbells for them. Had they refused I would have dropped a dumbbell right on one of these old ladies....

I belong to 2 independently owned gym. One which caters to the "fitness" crowd. The other a hard core hole in the wall. The one that caters to the fitness crowd has these types of dumbbell hoarding ladies (old ladies to you youngins, but not to me cause they're in my age range). They take several dumbbells and/or barbells into the aerobic room along with "New Rules for Lifting for Women" book and start doing step ups while curling or pressing for 45 mins. Meanwhile other members are wandering around the gym for the weights. There should be a rule for hoarding weights. Oh and these same group of ladies, who are around 50 mind you, flirt and giggle with every male that crosses their path. :no: Yuck.

Needless to say, I'm spending more time at the hard core place. Virtually no idiots, hoarders or people who get in the way.

Casperd360
07-05-2010, 11:38 AM
See the fitness centers around here have dumbbells and foam weights bars in the aerobic room for people like that to use. So I have never had to deal with that.

I dont even train in a gym anymore. I have 2 car garage that is packed with equipment. Dumbbells up to 150lbs which is more than any gym around here. I can play my music loud. Drop my dumbbells when I need too. I have no neighbors and am Florida so its hot as fuck year round. I am happy with my situation right now. If I had more room I would probably buy a couple more machines. But I am happy with what I got. I dont have to deal with shit when I train other than focusing on what I am doing.

retwa
07-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Fortunately I've switched gyms since that story I posted...it's much closer to me, and it's much more tolerant of "hardcore" lifters (there are truck tires out back to flip, chains, etc.) Still occasionally have to deal with some moron curling in the squat rack when I want to squat...

The old ladies though stay in the cardio room. I think they're intimidated by the big, screaming black guys in the weights section. A home gym would be ideal at some point, but at least until then, I'm much better off than I was...

GENESIS
07-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Saw an older gentleman today sitting on a exercise ball reading a book... apparently he was working out his intellect.

elgallito
07-07-2010, 12:25 PM
How about wrapping a rope around the pull up bars and holding on to the ropes to do pull ups..... This guy must have seen this in a magazine or some video.... whatever happened to the simple pull ups

JYD
07-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Last week i watched this trio of idiots attempt to dumbell press on top of a swiss ball. These ignorant frat boys who couldn't dumbell press 75lbers correctly on a flat bench somehow thought they could press the 125lbers with their back on a swiss ball and their feet on the floor. Needless to say no reps were completed and it was hilarious watching these 3 douchers try to pull this off. These idiots and their swiss balls...

retwa
07-08-2010, 02:14 AM
These idiots and their swiss balls...

The worst thing is when people use them right inside the squat rack or the cable station and get in the way...or when you're doing squats or bench press, and some stray ball comes rolling through the gym and nails you right in the middle of a rep. These things are a hazard.

evilblkgt
07-14-2010, 04:38 PM
How about the little puny 150 - 170 lb guys that strut around the gym as if they are 6'3" and weigh 250 lbs. This just irks the hell out of me. Also all the guys that put 315 on the flat bench and have a range of motion that is about a 1/4 rep. Not even a 1/2 rep. Got to love the things you see go on in the gym.

hulk7510
07-14-2010, 04:58 PM
How about wrapping a rope around the pull up bars and holding on to the ropes to do pull ups..... This guy must have seen this in a magazine or some video.... whatever happened to the simple pull ups
there's these 3 young messcans that go to my gym.i watch them make assholes of themselves all the time!the other day,they used hand towels and wrapped them around the handles of the pullup station.1/4 reps kicking and screaming!lmfao!

Mac
07-14-2010, 05:50 PM
I saw some guy do 60+ sets to failure and claim he was the biggest, smartest and most fit guy in the gym and no one could train like he could.

oklahomeskillet
07-15-2010, 10:00 PM
- Idiots who put 6 plates on a barbell and do a 1/4 squat
- Idiots who look like they're having convulsions whilst doing barbell curls...whatever happened to using good form?
- Idiots who throw their 20lb dumbbells after a grueling set of bench presses
- Idiots who work at gyms and try to sell supplements they know nothing about

oklahomeskillet
07-15-2010, 10:21 PM
OK, most people behave at my gym, but when I was deployed to Iraq, it was a different story...all the guys felt they needed to "help me out". I guess I made them feel insecure?

- I was deadlifting with straps and going pretty heavy. This guy comes up to me and says: "you know, if you use an over-under grip, you can get a better grip on the bar"...I just looked down at my straps and said "guess these are just for decoration". Idiot.

- I was squatting on the Smith machine because some d-bag was using the squat rack for curls. I was still warming up, and some skinny guy with Imaginary Lat Spread comes over and says "you need to be using a belt". Ummmm...dude, I don't need a belt for 135 on the Smith...or 185...or 225. So he then proceeds to tell me that his lifting days were pretty much over because he blew out both of his knees squatting, slipped a disc deadlifting and tore his rotator cuff benching "because he didn't use a belt". He was 23. Perhaps a missing belt isn't the problem...just a hunch... Idiot.

- I was doing close-grip bench presses on arm day. Some guy came up to me and said "that's not how you bench press...you're doing it wrong". Idiot.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
07-15-2010, 10:27 PM
OK, most people behave at my gym, but when I was deployed to Iraq, it was a different story...all the guys felt they needed to "help me out". I guess I made them feel insecure?

- I was deadlifting with straps and going pretty heavy. This guy comes up to me and says: "you know, if you use an over-under grip, you can get a better grip on the bar"...I just looked down at my straps and said "guess these are just for decoration". Idiot.

- I was squatting on the Smith machine because some d-bag was using the squat rack for curls. I was still warming up, and some skinny guy with Imaginary Lat Spread comes over and says "you need to be using a belt". Ummmm...dude, I don't need a belt for 135 on the Smith...or 185...or 225. So he then proceeds to tell me that his lifting days were pretty much over because he blew out both of his knees squatting, slipped a disc deadlifting and tore his rotator cuff benching "because he didn't use a belt". He was 23. Perhaps a missing belt isn't the problem...just a hunch... Idiot.

- I was doing close-grip bench presses on arm day. Some guy came up to me and said "that's not how you bench press...you're doing it wrong". Idiot.

:lmao:

Diabetic Muscle
07-15-2010, 10:33 PM

I'm surprised you don't get the same stuff living in Oklahoma. Not exactly the brightest state.

oklahomeskillet
07-15-2010, 10:35 PM
The worst thing is when people use them right inside the squat rack or the cable station and get in the way...or when you're doing squats or bench press, and some stray ball comes rolling through the gym and nails you right in the middle of a rep. These things are a hazard.

Small children are not supposed to be anywhere near our weight room, but sometimes a stray one comes careening through and nails you right in the middle of a rep. These things are a hazard ;)

oklahomeskillet
07-15-2010, 10:36 PM
I'm surprised you don't get the same stuff living in Oklahoma. Not exactly the brightest state.

LOL, I live in TX, actually. OK is just one of the many places I've lived :)

Diabetic Muscle
07-15-2010, 10:39 PM
LOL, I live in TX, actually. OK is just one of the many places I've lived :)
I see, like me you got smart and got out. haha I grew up in Oklahoma but promptly made my escape to Texas asap.

s2h
07-15-2010, 10:44 PM
today i saw the typical "old guy" who thinks he's big but isn't...dancing to the bad music at the gym and grunting loud with the same wieght my 13 yr old can lift..all the while his out of shape gal with legg warmers stares at him like she hung the moon..also he had a fanny pack...

oklahomeskillet
07-15-2010, 10:51 PM
I see, like me you got smart and got out. haha I grew up in Oklahoma but promptly made my escape to Texas asap.

Norman wasn't TOO bad ;)

Where in TX? I'm in San Angelo...fortunate to train in a gym without too many knuckleheads.