PDA

View Full Version : Dave's Off-Season Diet

Shadow
04-28-2009, 10:41 AM
Who has tried it? Results? Suggestions? I'm thinking about giving it a whirl myself, but I'd like to get a few opinions on it. Thanks.

Frosty
04-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Gotta try it yourself for at least a couple months and see if it works. Otherwise you'll get a bunch of different opinions on it because everyone is different.

Jason Newman
04-28-2009, 10:50 AM
mind putting it up for the rest of us???

Shadow
04-28-2009, 10:55 AM
OFFSEASON MASS DIET(200lb+ male)

**Sandwich the pre and post-workout shake around your workout (wherever that may fall)

***you can have unlimited vegetables with your meals

MEAL 1:
6 whole eggs (buy the OMEGA-3 EGGS they sell in the supermarket) with 1 cup of Oatmeal (cooked)

MEAL 2: (pre-workout)
SHAKE: 55g Whey Protein** with 40g Waxy Maize*** (high molecular weight carbohydrate) with 1 tablespoon of Macadamia Nut Oil

GYM: WEIGHT TRAINING

MEAL 3: (post-workout)
SHAKE: 55g Whey Protein** with 50g Waxy Maize*** (high molecular weight carbohydrate).

MEAL 4:
“LEAN PROTEIN MEAL” 8oz (cooked) of chicken (or turkey or lean fish or shrimp)-- with ˝ cup cashew nuts (or almonds or walnuts) with 1 cup (cooked) RICE (brown)

MEAL 5:
“FATTY PROTEIN MEAL” 8oz (cooked) of red meat (or salmon or swordfish) with a salad with 2 tablespoon of olive oil (or macadamia nut oil) and vinegar with 1 baked potato and/or yam

MEAL 6: Repeat One of Above

MEAL 7: 5 whole eggs

+++++ All meals are interchangeable. You can substitute one for another.

*** Cook your eggs in MACADAMIA NUT OIL and add a tablespoon to all your chicken fish, meats--

Shadow
04-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Gotta try it yourself for at least a couple months and see if it works. Otherwise you'll get a bunch of different opinions on it because everyone is different.

Yeah, I know. But there should at least be a common feel among those who have used it, or snags people noticed that others may not have, etc, etc. Just trying to be informed.

r_wichman
04-28-2009, 11:04 AM
I gained good weight after my show on this diet... Over time I did end up bumping to 9 meals.

Mike Paladino
04-28-2009, 11:05 AM
I'v been on it since my last show (sep. of 08). I'm staying leaner than last year and am def building alot more muscle as aposed to a higher carb/lower fat diet. So i would recomend you give it a shot to see how it treats you.

Shadow
04-28-2009, 11:06 AM
I gained good weight after my show on this diet... Over time I did end up bumping to 9 meals.

Why did you bump the number of meals up? And did you just repeat one of the earlier meals, or change it up some?

r_wichman
04-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Why did you bump the number of meals up? And did you just repeat one of the earlier meals, or change it up some?

I was really hungry, so Dave said that I could add and 8th meal. Then to help me gain extra weight Dave had me add a 9th meal.

Meal 8 was a repeat of the fatty protein meal

Meal 9 was a protein/mac nut oil shake in the middle of the night.

I graduated high school at 130lbs. Currently I weigh about 220lbs... If I did not eat/train like a bodybuilder I would probably weigh 135lbs. :popcorn:

Shadow
04-28-2009, 11:30 AM
I was really hungry, so Dave said that I could add and 8th meal. Then to help me gain extra weight Dave had me add a 9th meal.

Meal 8 was a repeat of the fatty protein meal

Meal 9 was a protein/mac nut oil shake in the middle of the night.

I graduated high school at 130lbs. Currently I weigh about 220lbs... If I did not eat/train like a bodybuilder I would probably weigh 135lbs. :popcorn:

Ah okay, makes sense. Were you working with Dave, or did you just ask him in his Q&A?

Congrats on the gains, by the way.

r_wichman
04-28-2009, 02:27 PM
I did a bulk program with Dave.

Bob Smith Jr.
04-28-2009, 04:53 PM
i used his offseason diet for about 2 months. I noticed i stayed much leaner than i usually do, and still gained muscle. I was happy with the results...

lomox
04-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Are those quanities really cool for a natty? If so this is so the diet for me. Excuse my ignorance, but don't the "Annabolically Challeneged" need to eat less than the rest to not gain loads of fat? Seriously, I'd like to know. My next bulk isn't till fall but I like to start dreaming now. I just love to eat and am in search of a diet with the highest volume of food to give minimal fat gains.

Shadow
04-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Are those quanities really cool for a natty? If so this is so the diet for me. Excuse my ignorance, but don't the "Annabolically Challeneged" need to eat less than the rest to not gain loads of fat? Seriously, I'd like to know. My next bulk isn't till fall but I like to start dreaming now. I just love to eat and am in search of a diet with the highest volume of food to give minimal fat gains.

I believe Dave has said it is cool for a natural bodybuilder to use, but I would like some imput on this as well, seeing as how I'm not assisted...yet.

Shadow
04-29-2009, 01:21 PM
bump

Dsum74
05-07-2009, 12:16 PM
OFFSEASON MASS DIET(200lb+ male)

**Sandwich the pre and post-workout shake around your workout (wherever that may fall)

***you can have unlimited vegetables with your meals

MEAL 1:
6 whole eggs (buy the OMEGA-3 EGGS they sell in the supermarket) with 1 cup of Oatmeal (cooked)

MEAL 2: (pre-workout)
SHAKE: 55g Whey Protein** with 40g Waxy Maize*** (high molecular weight carbohydrate) with 1 tablespoon of Macadamia Nut Oil

GYM: WEIGHT TRAINING

MEAL 3: (post-workout)
SHAKE: 55g Whey Protein** with 50g Waxy Maize*** (high molecular weight carbohydrate).

MEAL 4:
“LEAN PROTEIN MEAL” 8oz (cooked) of chicken (or turkey or lean fish or shrimp)-- with ˝ cup cashew nuts (or almonds or walnuts) with 1 cup (cooked) RICE (brown)

MEAL 5:
“FATTY PROTEIN MEAL” 8oz (cooked) of red meat (or salmon or swordfish) with a salad with 2 tablespoon of olive oil (or macadamia nut oil) and vinegar with 1 baked potato and/or yam

MEAL 6: Repeat One of Above

MEAL 7: 5 whole eggs

+++++ All meals are interchangeable. You can substitute one for another.

*** Cook your eggs in MACADAMIA NUT OIL and add a tablespoon to all your chicken fish, meats--

Is this really Dave's off season diet ...

Shadow
05-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Is this really Dave's off season diet ...

Yep. Check his thread.

freak
05-12-2009, 01:44 AM
i think im goin to have to give this a try. i hate getting fat over the winter so im looking to stay leaner and look/feel better over the winter.

raging pitbull
05-14-2009, 08:18 PM
what is the breakdown of dave's mass diet? (ex. how many grams of protein per pound? carbs per pound? fat per pound?) i weigh at my leanest 130.