PDA

View Full Version : Power Unlimited

crashcrew56
04-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Has anyone seen this movie? I saw some previews for it one youtube yesterday, and I thought it looks pretty good

crashcrew56
04-28-2009, 01:46 PM
yX1gtLeAQYo

kvKSoFXo6Kk

egbfqjFvJJM

SUMO
04-28-2009, 01:49 PM
It's actually a couple years old. From what I gather, it wasn't a big seller.
Now...someone comes out with Strongman Unlimited and I'm there!

JW
04-29-2009, 05:43 PM
I bought power unlimited last week and have watched it, like 4 time already; it's OUTSTANDING!!!!! I kid you not; the film's a winner on a many levels':

First in my mind it's more motivational than pumping iron and most bodybuilding training video (bar Dorian's Blood and Guts) And i'm a bodybuilder not a powerlifter!!!

Second it's a great intro to what powerlifting is, it's history and how it differs from bodybuilding

And lastly it's jam packed with personalities; Kirk Karwoski's crack (British word for what he say's) is worth the price of the DVD alone.

In fact i've re-jigged my training and have designed myself a powerlifting style periodized routine (with some great input from tjoe and robert the strongman) which i'll be following for the next 8 weeks; then start a freah again.

Give power unlimited a watch mate; you'll love it!!!!!

tjoe
04-29-2009, 09:24 PM
(with some great input from tjoe and robert the strongman)
Nice! Thats what we like to hear! Hope it works out well bro!

crashcrew56
04-30-2009, 04:16 PM
I bought power unlimited last week and have watched it, like 4 time already; it's OUTSTANDING!!!!! I kid you not; the film's a winner on a many levels':

First in my mind it's more motivational than pumping iron and most bodybuilding training video (bar Dorian's Blood and Guts) And i'm a bodybuilder not a powerlifter!!!

Second it's a great intro to what powerlifting is, it's history and how it differs from bodybuilding

And lastly it's jam packed with personalities; Kirk Karwoski's crack (British word for what he say's) is worth the price of the DVD alone.

In fact i've re-jigged my training and have designed myself a powerlifting style periodized routine (with some great input from tjoe and robert the strongman) which i'll be following for the next 8 weeks; then start a freah again.

Give power unlimited a watch mate; you'll love it!!!!!

Well sounds like I might have to make a purchase then

MightyMuscles
05-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Looks like an awesome film. I fully believe every bodybuilder would benefit from periodization trainning using Powerlifting technics and lifts. Where did you get the film at? I'd like to check it out.

JW
05-01-2009, 02:34 PM
I bought my copy from the 'art house' section of a local 2nd hand music/dvd store.

I think you can buy the dvd direct off the website for the film-somthing like powerunlimitedthemovie.com or such i think.

It really is worth the effort to see it........

iusealittle
05-01-2009, 09:26 PM
iv seen it...... there is some crazy shit in that video.
forget the guys name but when the weights fall off the squat bar, then he gets back under 1003lbs and trys to squat it again,crazy. if that was me i would have called it a day.

billy mimnaugh
05-06-2009, 05:14 PM
The Lee Moran footage is worth the entire price of the DVD.A little too much Mendelson but other then that really good.

HITstrongman
05-06-2009, 08:11 PM
I found it to be very enjoyable, especially the old school guys and their crazy stories. Rickey Dale Craine, Ed Coan, Lee Moran. Lee's 3 attempts to squat 1,000 lbs. was probably the highlight. The footage when all the plates start falling off is insane! :eek:

rinse
05-10-2009, 12:56 PM
The Lee Moran footage is worth the entire price of the DVD.A little too much Mendelson but other then that really good.

My exact thoughts. Switch the Mendelson stuff to Coan or Karwoski and the movie would be a lot better. But it's still good.