PDA

View Full Version : PCT-Post Contest Therapy

GirlyMuscle
04-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Gymdiva coined the term. It's true. A lot of women rebound after a show. I think the best plan of attack is to be aware of it and make a plan for after the show so the rebound will be minimal if at all.

So what are your ideas on avoiding post contest depression, weight gain, etc? How much do you allow yourself to gain? How much cardio after a show? What do you eat? What do you do or should you do to ease back into normal life?

sassy69
04-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Make your "reward" for completing the show, a good dinner out w/ friends and NOT a feeding frenzy of every junk food you ever craved. Reverse your contest diet from Monday post show - on out several weeks until you're back to "mainentance" type diet / macros. Don't chug water right away -- also ease back into larger amounts of liquid consumption. Get back in the gym to maintain the structure you had during contest prep. Take advantage of that post-show 'most anabolic time" to build some. Accept that the show is over & relax a little. Enjoy it & remember the moments.

Basically just like you spent 12-16 weeks easing into contest shape, spend reasonable time to let your body ease back out. Any dramatic changes will produce a comparable rebound effect while your body seeks balance. This goes for diet, training, drugs, everything.

sba220
04-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Am I getting royalties on this?

GirlyMuscle
04-28-2009, 11:26 PM
You'll have to ask your bossman. :D

~gymdiva~
04-28-2009, 11:29 PM
Am I getting royalties on this?

I was about to ask the same thing! hahahaha...first FemChem, now this...I'll have to start charging now ;)

~gymdiva~
04-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Make your "reward" for completing the show, a good dinner out w/ friends and NOT a feeding frenzy of every junk food you ever craved. Reverse your contest diet from Monday post show - on out several weeks until you're back to "mainentance" type diet / macros. Don't chug water right away -- also ease back into larger amounts of liquid consumption. Get back in the gym to maintain the structure you had during contest prep. Take advantage of that post-show 'most anabolic time" to build some. Accept that the show is over & relax a little. Enjoy it & remember the moments.

Basically just like you spent 12-16 weeks easing into contest shape, spend reasonable time to let your body ease back out. Any dramatic changes will produce a comparable rebound effect while your body seeks balance. This goes for diet, training, drugs, everything.

I actually decided this year my "treat" will be something like a kickass bag or shoes...or shoes and bag! :beerbang:

sassy69
04-29-2009, 01:10 AM
I actually decided this year my "treat" will be something like a kickass bag or shoes...or shoes and bag! :beerbang:
That works! AND you can use either on season & off!