PDA

View Full Version : NPC Eastern USA Bodybuilding & Fitness & Figure Championships

GirlyMuscle
04-28-2009, 06:05 PM
November 14, 2009

Promoter

Bev Francis Powerhouse Gym
235-C Robbins Lane
Syosset, NY 11791
(516) 933-1111

Held at the Tribeca Theater, NY

Has anyone done or been to this show? What's it like? Would you recommend it as a first show?

sba220
04-28-2009, 08:00 PM
November 14, 2009

Promoter

235-C Robbins Lane
Syosset, NY 11791
(516) 933-1111

Has anyone done or been to this show? What's it like? Would you recommend it as a first show?

One of the best and most competitive regional shows in the country. Steve and Bev put on a great show everytime (5 per year in this venue). National level judging panel, huge audience, right before nationals, and of course many opportunities to get on camera with RxMuscle.

SallyAnne
04-28-2009, 10:25 PM
I won the Masters 45+ in 2008. Like Dros said, it's one of the toughest regional shows in the country. Tough lineup in all categories across the board. Tough first show.

Damn, you're old.

Jaredmus
04-29-2009, 12:04 PM
ya i plan on doing the teen division, i will be doing the long island on may 30 the atlantic states on june 6th then taking the summer and 1 week in septemeber to bulk up, than diet down and hopefully win the teen

dvsness
04-29-2009, 12:10 PM
I attend this show every year.

Sliced N Diced
04-29-2009, 07:46 PM
ya i plan on doing the teen division, i will be doing the long island on may 30 the atlantic states on june 6th then taking the summer and 1 week in septemeber to bulk up, than diet down and hopefully win the teen
How old are you going to be into the show if you do it?

Jaredmus
04-30-2009, 08:24 AM
17 years old

Sliced N Diced
04-30-2009, 04:53 PM
So youll probably be in my weight class if your there...Teen A

sba220
05-01-2009, 11:50 PM
As long as my pp works I'm ok with that. :erection:

This thread has really taken a sharp left. But I am still reading...:popcorn:

GirlyMuscle
05-02-2009, 02:05 PM
So yeah...back to this show. I'm seriously thinking about it.

Do they have a videographer? If so, has anyone ordered from them? Decent video? And how soon is it ready?

Sliced N Diced
05-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Great I was thinking about what they do about taping your routine or what not. Im really excited for this and just focused right now on packing on more mass and staying lean. Ill worry about getting shredded and all 16 weeks out. Cant wait...

GirlyMuscle
05-03-2009, 12:48 AM
Yes they do have a professional videographer. During the athlete's meeting they give all the entrants a flyer that tells you how to go about getting it.
Steve Weinberger and Bev Francis don't do anything cheap. You're gonna get a high quality video of the whole show and it doesn't cost that much.

Very cool. I'm spoiled by Pradel Productions' videos (my old roommate).

Kitty Kat
05-03-2009, 07:56 PM
November 14, 2009

Promoter

235-C Robbins Lane
Syosset, NY 11791
(516) 933-1111

Hey Hun,
Deft a great show, and great lineup.
I took the overall in figure, and Bonie Pappas(hopefully spelled her name right) won FBB overall.
The company the video tapes the show is called Impulse production. He did a great job and I was pleased with the vid quality.

GirlyMuscle
05-04-2009, 01:12 AM
How long did it take you to get the video?

Allifit
05-04-2009, 09:18 AM
I attend this show every year.

So do I. It's a phenomenal show, and possibly one of the best on the East Coast.

I may or may not be competing in this show this year. I'm doing Nationals in November and may be doing this as well since its only a week before.

Allifit
05-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Hey Hun,
Deft a great show, and great lineup.
I took the overall in figure, and Bonie Pappas(hopefully spelled her name right) won FBB overall.
The company the video tapes the show is called Impulse production. He did a great job and I was pleased with the vid quality.

You looked GREAT Kat. I had your physique called from the moment you came on stage. :)

sba220
05-05-2009, 11:28 PM
Watch for some member of the Species and RxMuscle team steppin on stage...

GirlyMuscle
05-05-2009, 11:28 PM
Watch for some member of the Species and RxMuscle team steppin on stage...
Ya gonna tell us who?

sba220
05-06-2009, 12:53 AM
Ya gonna tell us who?

Nah...that would ruin the fun. And I meant to say members...not just one.

Melissa
05-06-2009, 08:01 AM
Ya gonna tell us who?

Oh oh, I know! Can I tell, pretty please?

GirlyMuscle
06-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Hotel suggestions please! Everything I'm finding close to the venue is $300 and up. I guess that's typical NYC. Any suggestions? Other areas I should plan on looking? Maybe I can just stay at Dave and Colette's...LMAO!

BILLY GUNS
06-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Ya gonna tell us who?

I bet DROS is doing it if he can keep his hands off Kris Lecomte's girlfriends brownies:eek::wavey:

stephaniewicked
06-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Hotel suggestions please! Everything I'm finding close to the venue is $300 and up. I guess that's typical NYC. Any suggestions? Other areas I should plan on looking? Maybe I can just stay at Dave and Colette's...LMAO!

Their next business venture should be a hotel or bed and breakfast, lol. It sounds like they always have a houseful! I bet they are well-seasoned hosts! ;)

Maybe you could share with someone else who is traveling from out of town?

GirlyMuscle
06-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Their next business venture should be a hotel or bed and breakfast, lol. It sounds like they always have a houseful! I bet they are well-seasoned hosts! ;)

Maybe you could share with someone else who is traveling from out of town?I would definitely do that. I will have my BFF with me although I'm sure we could sleep in the same bed.

fitmomma3
06-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Hotel suggestions please! Everything I'm finding close to the venue is $300 and up.EEKKK!!! I HOPE to be there, I've heard great things about this show. But that's expensive! We'll see if finances allow :o we are going to Jamaica the next month for my brothers wedding and then there's christmas :rolleyes:

I'm humming bare naked ladies If I had a million dollars right now.

sba220
06-05-2009, 01:58 PM
I bet DROS is doing it if he can keep his hands off Kris Lecomte's girlfriends brownies:eek::wavey:

I just called the NC State Police (which is one guy) and informed them of your whereabouts.

fitmomma3
06-05-2009, 02:01 PM
I just called the NC State Police (which is one guy) and informed them of your whereabouts.:spit:

sba220
06-05-2009, 02:02 PM

Expand your search...find a room in a cheaper part of manhatten. You can just get a cab to the venue early in the am (no traffic - quick ride) and head back at night.

And if you stay at Dave's house you will be up until 4-5am listening to Dave on the phone, typing, or listening to an internet radio show.

GirlyMuscle
06-05-2009, 02:04 PM
I don't know Manhattan at all. Been there twice but that doesn't mean anything. I'm a country girl and feel WAAAY out of place in big cities. I guess anywhere in Manhattan would be ok, yes?

I don't expect to sleep much if at all but I do need a place to put all my stuff!

sba220
06-05-2009, 02:15 PM
I don't know Manhattan at all. Been there twice but that doesn't mean anything. I'm a country girl and feel WAAAY out of place in big cities. I guess anywhere in Manhattan would be ok, yes?

I don't expect to sleep much if at all but I do need a place to put all my stuff!

If you use Expedia you can enter in NY and then when the search results come up you can use a pulldown menu that has a bunch of different areas within the city. Just pull up a map to cross reference where you are looking vs where the show is (Tribecca). Just remember that its a small island and at 7am on a saturday you could go one end to the other in 20min.

BILLY GUNS
06-05-2009, 02:17 PM
I just called the NC State Police (which is one guy) and informed them of your whereabouts.

Damn you!!!:catfight:

I'm taking away your login privleges to the Species Server just for that comment :waveyfinger:

stephaniewicked
06-05-2009, 02:25 PM
I would definitely do that. I will have my BFF with me although I'm sure we could sleep in the same bed.

Is this the same place the Bev is at tomorrow? I'm only 40 minutes from there. I'd let you crash at my place, but it's a small apartment and I don't think you'd appreciate my little couch! :p

It's better to stay as close to the venue as possible anyway, especially if you're coming from out of town so you can go back to the room in between pre-judging and the night show.

I wanna go this year, so hopefully I can be there to show some love!!

GirlyMuscle
06-05-2009, 02:48 PM
At only 40 minutes away, you'd better be there!

I'm gonna look around. I only did a google search. I'll try the booking services like expedia, orbitz and priceline.

GirlyMuscle
06-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Hey...is staying out around the Newark Airport a good idea/bad idea?

sba220
06-05-2009, 02:56 PM

Not a good idea.

gymrat3082
06-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Any show in NY is the best hands down! The best of the best come out to do these shows. Just look at the people who turned out to compete in the atlantic states, line up was stacked!!!

Sliced N Diced
06-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Any show in NY is the best hands down! The best of the best come out to do these shows. Just look at the people who turned out to compete in the atlantic states, line up was stacked!!!
Most people got massacred last saturday bro! lol

Darnelle B
06-19-2009, 08:59 AM
i wanna compete in this show. will be my first show. lol

Sliced N Diced
06-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Getting closer and closer....

GeneticallyGifted
06-21-2009, 10:19 PM
I really wanna do this show Most likely i'll fall into the SHW Class. MY skinny 6'2 frame will have to fill out....lol

Melissa
06-25-2009, 05:54 PM
Hey GirlyMuscle, you gettin' ready to start things rolling for your prep? I can't wait!:excited:

GirlyMuscle
06-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Yep...I started 8 weeks ago. I've dropped around 18 pounds. I'm gonna start up with Dave at 16 weeks out (july 25th). All's going very well so far. :)

stephaniewicked
06-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Yep...I started 8 weeks ago. I've dropped around 18 pounds. I'm gonna start up with Dave at 16 weeks out (july 25th). All's going very well so far. :)

And why don't you have a journal? This is exciting stuff!! :) Congratulations on your current loss! What is your goal for the show? How much more do you have to go??

GirlyMuscle
06-25-2009, 06:38 PM
I decided since I have a long way to go I'd ease into the diet, do what I could on my own and then continue with Dave at 16 weeks out. Nothing too exciting to post about yet. I do throw in tidbits here and there in my GirlyMuscle's Hangout thread. As far as how far do I have to go and all that...won't know until I talk to Dave. I'm thinking high end middleweight but who knows?

Melissa
06-25-2009, 09:10 PM

Oh good! I'm counting the days until July 25th myself. I'm so ready to get this game started!

GirlyMuscle
07-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Oh good! I'm counting the days until July 25th myself. I'm so ready to get this game started!I just checked out your blog. So you're switching over to bbing? Cool!

Are you gonna do a journal here at rx or should I just follow along on your blog?

Melissa
07-03-2009, 04:54 PM
I just checked out your blog. So you're switching over to bbing? Cool!

Are you gonna do a journal here at rx or should I just follow along on your blog?

Thanks, GM!:wavey: Nah, I'm gonna stick with just the blog since I already had it started and it's meant to follow the whole progression through my offseason until contest day. And thanks for following along...it's always nice to have the support!

npcmedici09
07-19-2009, 08:35 PM
heyy im am new too rx muscle my names nick medici... i will be doing the teen eastern usa and possibly the novice mens we will see :)

GirlyMuscle
07-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Cool! Welcome on board, Nick!

GirlyMuscle
07-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Does anyone know the weight classes for women's bodybiuilding?

Melissa
08-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Does anyone know the weight classes for women's bodybiuilding?

At a regional show like the Eastern USA's, weight classes are usually broken down like this:
Lightweight: up to and including 125
Middleweight: over 125 to 140
Heavyweight: over 140

SweetCapri
08-02-2009, 06:28 PM
I'll be at this show! It's an amazing show, and quite frankly, all shows by Bev at the Tribeca Performing Arts Center turn out great. Always tons of competitors and very impressive physiques for sure!

Fitmomma, holla at me. My family lives about 20-30 minutes from the venue or we could talk later about sharing a hotel room. :D

GirlyMuscle
08-02-2009, 06:37 PM
At a regional show like the Eastern USA's, weight classes are usually broken down like this:
Lightweight: up to and including 125
Middleweight: over 125 to 140
Heavyweight: over 140Dammit! I'll be low end middle.

SallyAnne
08-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Dammit! I'll be low end middle.

I think you'll make it into the high end of the LW class.

GirlyMuscle
08-02-2009, 08:22 PM
I think you'll make it into the high end of the LW class.

Yep. That's what I was thinking. :(

SallyAnne
08-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Yep. That's what I was thinking. :(

Shit, woman. There's nothing wrong with that. You're bum will be shredded. :)

That would make you a MW at national shows.

fitmomma3
08-02-2009, 09:11 PM
I'll be at this show! It's an amazing show, and quite frankly, all shows by Bev at the Tribeca Performing Arts Center turn out great. Always tons of competitors and very impressive physiques for sure!

Fitmomma, holla at me. My family lives about 20-30 minutes from the venue or we could talk later about sharing a hotel room. :DOh this sounds like trouble :p We will talk soon I have a few plans that could involve us sharing a hotel room... show plans ... mind out of the gutter ;):p:D I just need to get my stuff organized don't worry it's written in my book lol I have a few other things to do before I start officially booking stuff.

GirlyMuscle
08-20-2009, 08:13 AM
There's still no entry form on www.bevfrancis.com. Also, no mention of who the guest poser is. At 12 weeks out shouldn't that stuff be up?

Discipline
08-27-2009, 05:11 PM
There's still no entry form on www.bevfrancis.com (http://www.bevfrancis.com). Also, no mention of who the guest poser is. At 12 weeks out shouldn't that stuff be up?

http://bevfrancis.synthasite.com/resources/082109NPC_EasternUSAflyer.jpg?timestamp=1251148463 704

The entry form is on there now too.

Reloaded
08-31-2009, 02:40 AM
You will get robbed or raped if you stay in Newark. Hotels are cheap in Queens and if you're not scared of subways than you can be as little as 30 mins away! Many of my friends are doing this show, I would have but it would take prolong my cycle by too much.

GirlyMuscle
08-31-2009, 04:39 AM
I've decided to stay at the Cosmopolitan which is in the same block as the Tribeca. NYC scares with little country girl a bit. I drove in NYC once and hated it. No way would I do the subway. I wouldn't even know HOW. It'll be cabs for me if I need to get somewhere.

stephaniewicked
08-31-2009, 12:15 PM
I've decided to stay at the Cosmopolitan which is in the same block as the Tribeca. NYC scares with little country girl a bit. I drove in NYC once and hated it. No way would I do the subway. I wouldn't even know HOW. It'll be cabs for me if I need to get somewhere.

Probably best to stay as close to the venue as possible... less to worry about!!

GeneticallyGifted
09-17-2009, 03:41 AM
I'm thinking about doing the show. It's going to be my first, so i need to start my prep ASAP. Need advice on dialing in......someone Help..!!!! Help..!!! lol

GirlyMuscle
09-17-2009, 07:49 AM
I'm thinking about doing the show. It's going to be my first, so i need to start my prep ASAP. Need advice on dialing in......someone Help..!!!! Help..!!! lol

Go to the Contest prep forums and start a thread. Post your stats, goals and pics if you can. Hurry! The show is 8 weeks from this coming Saturday!!

Biggie973
09-17-2009, 10:38 AM
I'll be attending this show!

GeneticallyGifted
09-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Go to the Contest prep forums and start a thread. Post your stats, goals and pics if you can. Hurry! The show is 8 weeks from this coming Saturday!!

Thank you so much......i'll do tht.

billytrainer
09-22-2009, 09:03 AM
I stayed at the millenium hilton for the atlantics...about 5 blocks away & it was about 220 for the night.. and VERY nice too.

GirlyMuscle
09-22-2009, 11:57 AM
I think I'm staying at the Cosmopolitan. Same block and 235 a night.

GirlyMuscle
10-01-2009, 10:28 AM
43 days and counting.....

andreag
10-02-2009, 09:11 PM
yes...6 more weeks!
gonna be a good show :yep:

GirlyMuscle
10-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Hey! A friend of mine just emailed and asked where the show was being held. I said Tribeca Performing Arts Center...like it's advertised on the Flyer. He said, the Tribeca has something else (a woman guitarist) listed for that night. There's no mention of a bb show. I emailed the Tribeca and Bev's Powerhouse. Waiting for their replies. Does anyone else know anything?

Tribeca's schedule of events...

http://www.tribecapac.org/calendar.htm

GeneticallyGifted
10-27-2009, 05:43 PM
I think there are more than one Theater at the Tribeca Performing Arts Center. So I guess the BB show would be held in one while the concert proceeds simultaneously in the other.......i think. :)

flaccid_member
10-27-2009, 06:22 PM

2 subways run right into Chambers St. where the BMCC is. As long as you grab the local subway towards Brooklyn (assuming you're staying midtown or uptown), you'll be fine. It's the 1,2 and 3 lines and the A and C lines (the red and blue lines on the map). If you take anything else, you'll be out of the way.

Stay in Jersey City. Take the PATH train either to Grove St. or Exchange Place into the World Trade Center. Then take either the 1, 2, A or C uptown lines into Chambers St. Remember, the BMCC is by the water on the west side, so these are the two closest lines to the venue.

GirlyMuscle, PM me if you have any more questions. :D

stephaniewicked
10-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Will RX have ladies tank tops at the Species booth, by chance?

GirlyMuscle
11-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Tribeca got back to me. The show is being held there.

Now...music question. Can someone clear up for me should I do a 60 second or 90 second routine? I will be coimpeting in open and masters.

From the entry form....

MUSIC: Contestants may bring a cassette tape or CD preset to
a maximum of 60 seconds for all non-open and crossover
athletes.
Open Men and Women will have
a max time of 90 seconds. . If tape is not set DJ will
play substitute music.

GirlyMuscle
11-03-2009, 06:38 PM
OK...I got it. So I'll pick something between 60-90 because I think 90 is too much for me. Thanks Mike. :)

thetank
11-10-2009, 03:20 PM
The NPC Eastern USA is a great show to do.
I will be their taking photos at the show for NPC Bodybuilder Vinny Manzo and will take photos for anyone else who is doing the show tha wants photos taking.
[email protected]

bigmax750
11-11-2009, 08:49 AM
Is there early weigh in?

GirlyMuscle
11-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Not that I'm aware of. 8am competitors sign in. I figured that was weigh in.

stephaniewicked
11-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Doesn't look like we'll be making it to the show now. Really disappointed... :( I was looking forward to seeing everybody, but I'll be keeping an eye on the results from my laptop to see how everyone places.

GOOD LUCK, ALL!!!! *hugs*