PDA

View Full Version : 5 weeks away training lacking muscles?>

Jaredmus
04-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Now im about 5 weeks out, can i train muscle like my chest and legs, more than once a week, like once every 3 days, just to try to bring out more detail, or just leave it as is?

Bob Smith Jr.
04-28-2009, 06:21 PM
this is a good question. People will tell you different things. I have been hitting hamstrings twice a week, but on one day, all I do is just one exercise for them, 4 sets, and not heavy, i just get blood in there. I might cut it out though as I am 5 weeks out also. Basically, you're not going to gain any muscle this close to a show. hit the muscle hard, and let it rest. detailing and stuff like that can be done when you train the muscle on its normal training day, don't do anything you normally don't do to try to get those cuts...

Ken "Skip" Hill
04-29-2009, 03:13 AM
Training a muscle more frequently won't make you have more "cuts" or detail. Your shape and detail will be shown by how lean you are - not how often you train or how hard you train during a prep. In fact, if you overtrain your body can look like shit so be careful and if given the choice during a prep: undertrain vs. overtrain.

Skip

Bob Smith Jr.
04-29-2009, 05:36 AM
hey skip, is there anything you can do about a little loose skin in the glute area. It's not terrible but it's definitely there. Will doing glute work more often help fill out this area? Or am i gonna have to wait till the offseason to build up my glutes...thanks.

Ken "Skip" Hill
04-30-2009, 05:49 AM
Usually, a situation like this is a result of poor elasticity of the skin and that doesn't have a good answer as to how to "fix" it. Were you heavy at some point and then lost a bunch of weight? The worst thing someone can do is not stay relatively lean as they age because, inevitably, the skin just won't keep stretching and shrinking year after year without issues at some point.

Skip