PDA

View Full Version : Anderson/Forrest to headline UFC 101

Johnny Phenomenon
04-28-2009, 07:47 PM
http://sherdog.com/news/news/silva-griffin-confirmed-for-ufc-101-17218

Plates
04-29-2009, 09:14 AM
Nothing like another snooze fest. Im not sure why they keep giving Forrest a shot at anything. His chin is soft like baby shit.

smvmuscle
04-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Nothing like another snooze fest. Im not sure why they keep giving Forrest a shot at anything. His chin is soft like baby shit.

ummm "his chin is soft" have u watched the bonner fight? :popcorn:i say that proves his chin isnt soft. He went toe to toe with rampage and came out the victor in a close decision and he also went toe to toe with tito and should of came out on top in that fight.in his 2 loses that he got "caught" in with jardine and rashad yes he got his ass handed to him but i wouldnt say he has a "chin soft as baby shit"

just thought id throw that out there to you....

my thought on the up coming fight i would say its an incredible intresting fight as Anderson has had 2 lack luster fights and forest is always exciting, i think forest could give anderson a run for his money. there both tall lanky anderson is percise with his shots and forest is a very scrappy fighter. should be interstung but well have to wait and see at UFC 101....

Johnny Phenomenon
04-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Bonner doesn't punch very hard lol. I like forrest though, I hope he wins.

Plates
04-30-2009, 10:52 AM
I still think his chin is soft....like moist poo. Hopefully he doesnt start crying and take off running through the crowd again though. That was a bad look. I havent liked Foreskin Griffin since TUF. So I tend to hate on him whenever I can.

2manytoyz
05-03-2009, 06:54 AM
I don't like Forest but saying his chin is soft is pure ignorance. He took some solid shots to the chin from Rampage and he was still able to push the fight and win. Anyways I think this will be a exciting fight. Silva knows he can't hold back in this one.

BrandonBass
05-04-2009, 10:09 AM
The UFC really does love/pamper Forrest Griffin. I mean, this guy gets whatever he wants. After getting knocked out cold by Jardine his very next fight is the co main event against Shogun!

It just goes to show that guys with real talent ie. Tyson Griffin don't get as much pub because I guess they lack the charisma and personality of a Forrest Griffin.

Oh, and Rampage beat Forrest. Worst decision in UFC history.

natron
05-04-2009, 11:11 AM
Silva will kill him. Hopefully it's a good fight though, not like Silva's last bout.

Plates
05-04-2009, 11:50 AM

I dont know about that....the Bisping - Hamill decision was pretty damn bad!

BrandonBass
05-04-2009, 01:35 PM
I dont know about that....the Bisping - Hamill decision was pretty damn bad!

You got me! Rampage/Griffin; 2nd worst decision of all time :)

Plates
05-04-2009, 02:24 PM
lol.....kinda like the Rampage vs. Ninja Rua decision. Epic fail on the judges part!

beggs_05
05-04-2009, 11:47 PM
The UFC definitely isn't pampering Forrest by giving him Anderson Silva. But I am actually happy with Joe Silva's matchmaking in this fight. I thought the fight against Irvin was a complete waste of time for A. Silva's contract, and I don't really feel like it did anything for his career at 205, except add a knockout to his resume. I'd like to see Forrest win, but I think he'll inevitably play into A. Silva's game by pushing the pace of the fight and allowing Silva to set up a good amount of counter striking. I'm calling a win for Silva by lackluster decision, unless Forrest is able to use his strength/weight advantage to control the fight.

exit2010
05-05-2009, 03:09 PM
I don't think the fight will be as boring as the last (2) Silva fights. I don't get what Dana sees in Forrest - he treats him like he is Chuck Liddell or something. I like Forrest but I don't see the infatuation. Silva will beat Forrest. Silva could beat Rashad too if he wanted.

Sensei
05-06-2009, 12:12 PM
This should make for an exciting fight, forrest always comes to fight & won't do what andersons past 2 opponients have done. With that said I could see forrest using his weight & taking anderson down to try to wear him down & possibly get a submission.

BrandonBass
05-06-2009, 11:52 PM
The UFC definitely isn't pampering Forrest by giving him Anderson Silva. But I am actually happy with Joe Silva's matchmaking in this fight. I thought the fight against Irvin was a complete waste of time for A. Silva's contract, and I don't really feel like it did anything for his career at 205, except add a knockout to his resume. I'd like to see Forrest win, but I think he'll inevitably play into A. Silva's game by pushing the pace of the fight and allowing Silva to set up a good amount of counter striking. I'm calling a win for Silva by lackluster decision, unless Forrest is able to use his strength/weight advantage to control the fight.

Actually, they are pampering Forrest by giving him another headliner; once again after a loss. I like Forrest but seriously....

beggs_05
05-07-2009, 01:43 AM
I understand what you mean, but I consider "pampering" caring for him like a child, which in my mind would mean basically handing him a win to allow him to redeem his loss. And even though it is a loss, it was a title defense. And he's still one of the top five fighters in the division, so I figure giving him Silva is far from inappropriate. I feel like the only logical thing to do with Silva at LHW is to give him a top 5 guy (Evans, Machida, Page, Shogun, Forrest), and the only logical thing to do with Griffin is allow him to fight top competition, not only because he's a big draw, but because he's a top fighter in the division and just had the title. But that's just my perspective.

Deltasaurus
05-07-2009, 01:49 AM
i dont recall griffin every being KO'd Tko'd yes but out like Jardine vs Silva nope havent seen it. Cold means What PacMan did to Hatton

BrandonBass
05-07-2009, 11:34 PM
I understand what you mean, but I consider "pampering" caring for him like a child, which in my mind would mean basically handing him a win to allow him to redeem his loss. And even though it is a loss, it was a title defense. And he's still one of the top five fighters in the division, so I figure giving him Silva is far from inappropriate. I feel like the only logical thing to do with Silva at LHW is to give him a top 5 guy (Evans, Machida, Page, Shogun, Forrest), and the only logical thing to do with Griffin is allow him to fight top competition, not only because he's a big draw, but because he's a top fighter in the division and just had the title. But that's just my perspective.

Top 5 in the division? Really? Rampage, Jardine, W. Silva, A. Silva, Evans, Machida, Liddell, Alexander, Ortiz (LOL)......shall I continue?

Bro, after a devastating knockout givin by Keith Jardine, Forrest was "handed" a co main event headliner against an out of shape Shogun who fought the worst fight of his career. Forrest barely....and I mean barely beat him when anyone else in that division would have finished Shogun by Round 1. After that lackluster performance; title shot!! So, yes, they treat him like a child because he gets main event after main event.

I'll give him credit for lasting 5 rounds with Rampage but that is it. Also, I would argue that him winning the title was a political move because it was clear as night and day that Rampage won that fight.

sahid22
05-07-2009, 11:57 PM
:-{ ) Maleic Anhydride (http://www.chemmax.com.cn/product/maleic_anhydride.htm)

4evermuscle
05-08-2009, 12:18 AM
I agreed with the decision of Griffin over Rampage last July.

beggs_05
05-08-2009, 01:32 AM
I think I'm pretty accurate in assessing the top five in the division as of right now - Evans, Machida, Rampage, Griffin, Shogun. Here are a few mma websites that seem to agree:
http://www.mmanews.com/page.php?page=rankings

http://www.mmaplayground.com/top-10-mma-fighters.aspx?Display=LHW

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/04/20/mma-top-10-light-heavyweights-shogun-moves-up-liddell-moves-ou/

... shall I continue?

I hope you aren't considering W Silva (1-4 in last five fights), Ortiz(2-2-1, two wins being ken shamrock), Liddell (1-4 in last five fights) or H. Alexander(2-3 in last five fights) above Griffin(3-2 in last five).

I DO AGREE that Griffin getting a shot against Shogun was a little shady on the UFCs part after the loss to Jardine. However, Griffin submitted Shogun, who was widely considered the top LHW fighter in the world at the time. Although Shogun did look pretty shitty compared to his fights in Pride, Griffin did beat him, and didn't just barely beat him, but beat him decisively. I like Page and Griffin, but I agree with 4evermuscle about Griffin's decision win over Rampage and it was obviously not "clear as night and day" that Rampage won.

You're basing your assessment off of sheer opinion and I'm doing my best to base my assessment off of facts. Despite the fact that I'm a fan of Griffin, it's hard to look at the facts and argue that Griffin isn't a top five LHW fighter.

But I'm sure that no matter how much I back my statements up with facts, you will inevitably disagree. I guess you must know something I don't know....

ArcherJames
05-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Unfortunately for Griffin he is incredibly slow and is most effective at close range. Granted he has used leg kicks effectively but his constitution and ability to take damage are his main weapons. Another draw back for griffin is that for his size he isn't that strong. His take down defense has improved.

Silva is fast but likes to fight on the outside and bolt at the first sign of a counter offense. Combine the two and you potentially get a very boring fight. Mostly likely Silva will pick Griffin apart from the outside, cutting the shit out of him in the process.

Mr X
05-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Top 5 in the division? Really? Rampage, Jardine, W. Silva, A. Silva, Evans, Machida, Liddell, Alexander, Ortiz (LOL)......shall I continue?

Bro, after a devastating knockout givin by Keith Jardine, Forrest was "handed" a co main event headliner against an out of shape Shogun who fought the worst fight of his career. Forrest barely....and I mean barely beat him when anyone else in that division would have finished Shogun by Round 1. After that lackluster performance; title shot!! So, yes, they treat him like a child because he gets main event after main event.

I'll give him credit for lasting 5 rounds with Rampage but that is it. Also, I would argue that him winning the title was a political move because it was clear as night and day that Rampage won that fight.

That was another bullshit UFC decision. For me Rampage won that fight 3 rounds to 2. so I would have scored it 48-47 Rampage.

Plates
05-08-2009, 02:24 PM
^ I agree with that^

I have a feeling Forrest will press the action in this fight. Even though Silva has that intense plum, I feel Forrest is physically stronger than Anderson, so Forrest will try to squeak out a decision through take downs and g&p whenever available.

BrandonBass
05-08-2009, 11:22 PM
I agreed with the decision of Griffin over Rampage last July.

Then you must have agreed with the Bisping/Hamill decision as well.

BrandonBass
05-08-2009, 11:30 PM
I think I'm pretty accurate in assessing the top five in the division as of right now - Evans, Machida, Rampage, Griffin, Shogun. Here are a few mma websites that seem to agree:
http://www.mmanews.com/page.php?page=rankings

http://www.mmaplayground.com/top-10-mma-fighters.aspx?Display=LHW

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/04/20/mma-top-10-light-heavyweights-shogun-moves-up-liddell-moves-ou/

... shall I continue?

I hope you aren't considering W Silva (1-4 in last five fights), Ortiz(2-2-1, two wins being ken shamrock), Liddell (1-4 in last five fights) or H. Alexander(2-3 in last five fights) above Griffin(3-2 in last five).

I DO AGREE that Griffin getting a shot against Shogun was a little shady on the UFCs part after the loss to Jardine. However, Griffin submitted Shogun, who was widely considered the top LHW fighter in the world at the time. Although Shogun did look pretty shitty compared to his fights in Pride, Griffin did beat him, and didn't just barely beat him, but beat him decisively. I like Page and Griffin, but I agree with 4evermuscle about Griffin's decision win over Rampage and it was obviously not "clear as night and day" that Rampage won.

You're basing your assessment off of sheer opinion and I'm doing my best to base my assessment off of facts. Despite the fact that I'm a fan of Griffin, it's hard to look at the facts and argue that Griffin isn't a top five LHW fighter.

But I'm sure that no matter how much I back my statements up with facts, you will inevitably disagree. I guess you must know something I don't know....

Good post. The UFC decided from day 1 that Forrest was going to be a UFC star, not based off of talent but based off of personality. It shows based on the fights he has been given nearly everytime he has a horrible performance ie. Ortiz, Shogun (yes he won but again it was pathetically sloppy and not worthy of a title shot IMO) and Jardine. This all started because of my "pampering" comment.

You do know your stuff so hats off to you...

Envirolover
05-09-2009, 12:30 AM
The UFC really does love/pamper Forrest Griffin. I mean, this guy gets whatever he wants. After getting knocked out cold by Jardine his very next fight is the co main event against Shogun!

It just goes to show that guys with real talent ie. Tyson Griffin don't get as much pub because I guess they lack the charisma and personality of a Forrest Griffin.

Dana wants a WHITE champion to market so he is hoping beyong hope Forrest wins. He has to cater the WWE white trash fan base...lol. Not referring to all fans such as ourselves but it is what it is.

47ronin
05-09-2009, 06:25 AM
Good post. The UFC decided from day 1 that Forrest was going to be a UFC star, not based off of talent but based off of personality. It shows based on the fights he has been given nearly everytime he has a horrible performance ie. Ortiz, Shogun (yes he won but again it was pathetically sloppy and not worthy of a title shot IMO) and Jardine. This all started because of my "pampering" comment.

You do know your stuff so hats off to you...

I agree. He's a polite, in shape, somewhat good-looking white guy which means he is marketable. The UFC is out to make money just like every body else so Forrest's fight is basically a business decision.

Plates
05-09-2009, 09:12 AM
Dana wants a WHITE champion to market so he is hoping beyong hope Forrest wins. He has to cater the WWE white trash fan base...lol. Not referring to all fans such as ourselves but it is what it is.
Thats the dumbest shit ive ever heard.

BABOON
05-09-2009, 09:34 AM

You are definitely some kind of absolute cunt.

BrandonBass
05-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Yeah, please leave race out of this discussion. Rediculous statement.

beggs_05
05-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Rampage is a perfectly marketable BLACK candidate. Aside from the legal troubles he has recently been in, he is charismatic, funny, down to earth, and an extremely talented and exciting fighter. That being said, I tend to think that from Dana's standpoint on marketability, race is absolutely not an issue here. So I would have to agree that the statement "Dana wants a WHITE champion to market so he is hoping beyong hope Forrest wins," is pretty ridiculous.

Plates
05-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Back on track of the thread, there are some that doubt Silva's punching power. He is a fight or flight fighter in my opinion. When his opponents are the aggressor in the fight, he really unleashes the power he has. I dont think he likes getting hit at all. Leben and Irvin were a prime example of that. They came right at him and he ended both of them quick. I suppose you can say that about Franklin too. Now his last few outings, he wasnt really afraid of his opposition, therefore he was in flight mode and just hung out for a while. Silva is an amazing athlete, i don't think he is very afraid Patrick Coyote or that turd he just fought.
Forrest is going to get KO'd. Hes going to come strait out at Silva and get hurt.

dublin-lifter
05-18-2009, 11:48 AM
look forest is going to take it to sliva and he deserves it for them fucking boring fights he has
forest gets everything he deserves all the mma fighters say he is one of hardest working and most dedicated fighters in ufc

BIG AL WILLIAMS
05-19-2009, 01:36 PM
I am a fan of Anderson but I'm hoping Forrest plants a nice solid fist in his mouth so he can wake his ass up and force him to FIGHT!

bionic redneck
05-24-2009, 12:49 PM
the silva fight will definatly be forrests toughest challange yet.. but i think he has the mind set to go all 3 rounds..and if he wins then he deserves another title shot due to the caliber of silva.. and no the griffen/jackson fight was not rigged and dana aint racist..lol.. sometimes fighters even good ones get caught ex.. jardine vs griffen... everyone has a bad fight now and then.. no one is perfect..

ArcherJames
05-27-2009, 09:55 AM
This fight has the potential to be extremely boring. Griffin is just not fast enough and a smart Silva will just hang on the outside counter punching, lacerating Griffin's face in the process.

I hope I am wrong about the fight. Like a lot of you I find Silva extremely boring to watch. My main point of contention is with his pound for pound status. Silva is being hyped to the point of ridiculousness. The middleweight division is lacking considerable and proven talent, though there are some decent up and comers, and his wins in the division are tainted by that fact.

southbeach14
07-01-2009, 09:11 AM
i just want to see a good fight , the last two anderson fights were bad to watch.. his older ones were much better and i think he knows that.. i hope forest doesnt think he can go toe to toe with him, if he does i see him getting KTFO

cobra
07-01-2009, 07:57 PM
I think pound for pound Anderson is the best fighter in MMA. When he lets loose on someone it is just grueling to watch. I think the Franklin KO's will forever be embedded into my memory, that's for sure. All that being said, I WOULD love to see a good shocker w/Forest knockin Anderson out, although I don't see it happening. Anderson will tear Forrest apart IMO.