PDA

View Full Version : Ankle Swelling?

JasonA
04-28-2009, 08:35 PM
I am 11 days out from a contest and I just noticed my ankles are swollen. Has anybody had this happen or know what could be causing it?

Eagle
04-28-2009, 11:30 PM
I"ve had it happen to me. I was just extremely dieted and beat down from the training, cardio and pre-contest prep. I stopped cardio 10 days out, as I always do, elevated my feet as much as possible and it was gone in a few days. Not sure if this is your problem or not..but hope this helps.

JasonA
04-29-2009, 03:53 AM
Thanks. I hope its that and my high sodium. Only the ankles are swollen, not my feet or anything else is. They went down a little overnight.

-BLP-
04-29-2009, 04:11 AM
cut sodium totaly

neofarq
04-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Are you running heavy on the orals? I had this happen to me the week after a show. I hadn't drank any alcohol in almost 6 mos. and went out and di some moderate (6-9 drinks) drinking that night and woke up the next morning with pretty swollen ankles. Obviously the drinking was the culprit but my body was severely weakend by the pre-contest diet/drug regime. Run some Silmarian milk thistle or Liv-52 after/during any orals. Dandellion root will also pull the water out. If you can get your hands on some Hydrochlorothiazide (salt pill) that will suck the water out as well.

gymrat9929
04-30-2009, 03:23 PM
Are you running HGH?

If so this could be the culprit as well. If your running it I would cut it out for a few days and see what happens.