PDA

View Full Version : avacados?

buffarkie
04-28-2009, 09:02 PM
would there be any reason for not using them in a contest diet as a healthy fat source??

musclegoddess65
04-28-2009, 09:21 PM
would there be any reason for not using them in a contest diet as a healthy fat source??

my assumption would be the ease in which one can over eat avocado... I know I personally can eat the entire damn thing without thinking about it....

I am much safer with mac nut oil and plain almonds..

Frosty
04-28-2009, 10:26 PM
Yeah, so long as portions for meals are measured out ahead of time, no reason not to. They're a good addition to a diet because they contain far more vitamins and minerals than straight oils do. Very healthy.

jjjohns_10
04-28-2009, 10:49 PM
Very easy to over eat, but an excellent source of essential fats. On that note: does anyone else get pain in their esophogas when they eat avocado? Possibly some of the pit gets in there maybe?

Luka Treska
04-28-2009, 11:11 PM
I've had some of the most painful experiences with the pain you descibe. My body already has a hard time digesting fats. But with avocados it's torture.

Frosty
04-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Gallbladder issues?

Lee Penman
04-29-2009, 10:50 AM
I've had some of the most painful experiences with the pain you descibe. My body already has a hard time digesting fats. But with avocados it's torture.
Funny...I have the same problems when I add extra fats either from too many eggs, avacados and nut butters...forget about it.
Fat from beef or 4% cottage cheese doesn't affect me the same way.

Luka Treska
04-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Funny...I have the same problems when I add extra fats either from too many eggs, avacados and nut butters...forget about it.
Fat from beef or 4% cottage cheese doesn't affect me the same way.

Lol you just described exactly how my body responds to fats. Beef, no problem, Lactose-free millk, no problem. Oils and butters and what not...I'm in pain. Weird thing is, I can handle eggs.

Lee Penman
04-30-2009, 12:47 AM
Lol you just described exactly how my body responds to fats. Beef, no problem, Lactose-free millk, no problem. Oils and butters and what not...I'm in pain. Weird thing is, I can handle eggs.
You know, I think eggs are okay with me too...my only problem was that I always had them with nearly a whole avocado!

Frosty
04-30-2009, 12:56 AM
Non-emulsified fats sound like a problem. Eggs contain lecithin which acts as an emulsifier which isn't very surprising. sounds like gall bladder problems since it emulsifies fats for digestion.

Luka Treska
04-30-2009, 08:48 AM
I really don't know what causes it, but I've learned my lesson and accepted the fact I won't include certain fats in my diet.

Lee Penman
04-30-2009, 09:29 AM
I really don't know what causes it, but I've learned my lesson and accepted the fact I won't include certain fats in my diet.
Ditto!

Frosty
04-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Have you had your gall bladder screened for stones or anything?

Lee Penman
05-01-2009, 12:43 AM
Have you had your gall bladder screened for stones or anything?
No...but that may be a good idea1

Lee Penman
05-04-2009, 12:32 AM
If you have followed a low fat diet for many years introducing fats in high quantities again can cause problems as your system just is not used to it. This is my experience.

Lee Penman
05-10-2009, 11:46 PM
I am planning a whole article about the curious ways some of us deal with fat intake. This will include gall bladder and pancreas issues. Feel free to give me your experiences.