PDA

View Full Version : P/RR/S Advice

Diabetic Muscle
04-28-2009, 11:56 PM
I want to give this program a go. Anyone run this? What results did you see? What kind of diet did you follow? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

HOOPIE
04-29-2009, 03:05 AM
Been using P/RR/S 4+ years now and love it. I used to level off constantly prior to starting this program. Diet i eat 95% clean with the only cheat on Saturdays at dinner. Other than that its completely clean. Protein 2xBW carbs cycled between 300-400 and fat low. I use this program for both bulking and competition cutting

My staple supplements are BCAA's, Beta Alanine, KRE-Alkalyn(sp?)

NTT91
04-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Dude you will love this program. I have put on about 7 pounds in a 9 weeks on this program. My strength has also gone thru the roof. Im a hard gainer so i eat about 4k a day. high protein, moderate carbs, moderate fat.

Diabetic Muscle
04-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Do you feel you need a certain amount of training experience before starting this? I would like to run this for 3 months or so then try DC. I just don't feel like I'm experienced enough to jump into DC training.

Wheels
04-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Do you feel you need a certain amount of training experience before starting this? I would like to run this for 3 months or so then try DC. I just don't feel like I'm experienced enough to jump into DC training.

No, this is more suited towards a beginner/intermediate trainer. If you're a beginner skip shock week and alternate P/RR. Also, unless you have a couple years of solid training beneath you (this will vary on the indivual) don't attempt DC. You could still probably achieve results but not to the degree you could if you waited.

I gave P/RR/S a go for 6 weeks or so and got decent results. I didn't do shock, just alternated P/RR.

Diabetic Muscle
04-29-2009, 02:15 PM
No, this is more suited towards a beginner/intermediate trainer. If you're a beginner skip shock week and alternate P/RR. Also, unless you have a couple years of solid training beneath you (this will vary on the indivual) don't attempt DC. You could still probably achieve results but not to the degree you could if you waited.

I gave P/RR/S a go for 6 weeks or so and got decent results. I didn't do shock, just alternated P/RR.

I've been lifting for about year & 1/2 generally on a 3-5 exercises per body part 3-4 sets, 6-12 reps and pyramiding weight on each exercise. That's pretty much what I have done the entire time. So looking to change it up. Just out of curiosity what your reasoning for not doing the Shock part of the program?

NTT91
04-29-2009, 02:41 PM
I've been lifting for about year & 1/2 generally on a 3-5 exercises per body part 3-4 sets, 6-12 reps and pyramiding weight on each exercise. That's pretty much what I have done the entire time. So looking to change it up. Just out of curiosity what your reasoning for not doing the Shock part of the program?
you are definitely experienced enough to do this program!

Wheels
04-29-2009, 02:51 PM

You would probably be fine to do this for a bit then switch over into DC then.

The only reason for skipping shock is for beginners, as P/RR provide more than enough stimulus to grow. Shock is a more advanced technique to stimulate testosterone/GH release. When you're a beginner you want to focus on strength which in turn is utilized in RR to promote hypertrophy. Once those two start to stall or you feel you've progressed enough Shock can be incorporated.

Seeing as you've been lifting for 18 months, you'd be fine to include shock.

HOOPIE
04-29-2009, 08:33 PM
For the folks that have been using this program for a while there is also an advanced version of P/RR/S. The advanced version is the one that i use. Its a 9 week rotation that is freaking killer. the beginner is a 3 week rotation thats works wonders and the 9 week is even better.

Diabetic Muscle
05-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Any ideas on how to work more rear delt exercises into the power or rep phases. They are a weak point that can't afford to neglect.

NTT91
05-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Any ideas on how to work more rear delt exercises into the power or rep phases. They are a weak point that can't afford to neglect.
for power week I wouldnt worry about direct rear delt work. They get hit hard with back. But on rep range and shock week throw in some reverse pec deck, bent over laterals, etc..