PDA

View Full Version : egg yolks

mogo07
02-13-2009, 09:21 AM
I know dave says to eat 6 whole eggs a day but it seems there is not a lot of pros that eat more then 2 whole eggs a day. Do you guys think its ok to eat 6 whole eggs a day?

becks
02-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Whole eggs are fine, well of course so long as you do not listen to what the housewives nutritionist tells you LOL

It's comes down to your macronutrient breakdown, caloric intake, type of diet, cutting, bulking, maintaining, etc....

It is a question that needs more information to properly provide an educated answer.

Sandpig
02-13-2009, 10:29 AM
I know dave says to eat 6 whole eggs a day but it seems there is not a lot of pros that eat more then 2 whole eggs a day. Do you guys think its ok to eat 6 whole eggs a day?

Are you kidding.

I eat at least 6 plus 1/2lb of red meat/day.

Jer
02-13-2009, 10:39 AM
For most people it's no big deal.

However, some people might have to watch there intake.

GrayBull
02-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Are you kidding.

I eat at least 6 plus 1/2lb of red meat/day.

Same here. Eat anywhere from 6-12 eggs a day, and up to a half pound of beef. Mmmm just what the doctor ordered.

Bubba Bronko
02-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Same here. Eat anywhere from 6-12 eggs a day, and up to a half pound of beef. Mmmm just what the doctor ordered.

Everyday those are staples in my diet. Just see your Dr. and get some blood work done and a stress test once a year just to get things checked. Ive been eatting eggs and steak everyday for almost 3 years and I like to think im in pretty good health well at least thats what the doc says whose in2 bodybuilding and doesnt bullshit :p

vatel
02-13-2009, 10:56 PM
I think he recommends that because if you cut out carbs you need to replace your dietary energy source with fats. Egg yolks are a good source of fat, among other things. If you were not on a low carb diet, it really isn’t necessary to consume that many yolks. I usually consume 8-10 egg whites and 1-3 yolks per day. I base it on my carb intake for the day, as well as my activity levels for the day.

Chefbone
02-16-2009, 11:28 PM
I think he recommends that because if you cut out carbs you need to replace your dietary energy source with fats. Egg yolks are a good source of fat, among other things. If you were not on a low carb diet, it really isn’t necessary to consume that many yolks. I usually consume 8-10 egg whites and 1-3 yolks per day. I base it on my carb intake for the day, as well as my activity levels for the day.

Eggs also have the best amino acid profile of all protein sources.

Chef

buster12
02-17-2009, 12:06 AM
eggs? I heard if I drink those, I will look like rocky....?

Rico MacTaco
02-17-2009, 12:23 AM
In Dave's old thread he mentioned that most of the saturated fat in Omega 3 eggs is replaced with essential fatty acids making consuming a larger amount perfectly fine for normal healthy individuals. A lot of the old research citing eggs as a reason for high LDL cholesterol has been refutted in more recent years. Current research shows that they actually help raise your HDL levels.

MichaelWayne
02-17-2009, 12:42 AM
Taking in 6 whole Omega3 eggs in the morning, then 3-4 meals w/ 8oz of red meat a day...so far, so good. Blood and health are fine.

If you look at most pros, they are going whole eggs in offseason and mainly yolks for dieting. Also, your family health history and activity level have a great deal to do with what you should be consuming.

Bubba Bronko
02-17-2009, 11:41 PM

It works I suggest everyone try it...12 eggs down the hatch and hey hey hey!

Bubba Bronko
02-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Taking in 6 whole Omega3 eggs in the morning, then 3-4 meals w/ 8oz of red meat a day...so far, so good. Blood and health are fine.

If you look at most pros, they are going whole eggs in offseason and mainly yolks for dieting. Also, your family health history and activity level have a great deal to do with what you should be consuming.

Thats why they say we should check with our Docs before embarking on an adventure like this.

Frosty
02-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Organic omega-3 egg yolks are tremendously good for you, especially if eaten raw. You won't find a richer source of phospholipids to help build up healthy cell walls, and the unadultered (read uncooked) fats and cholesterol are great building blocks for tons of stuff in the body.

The high choline content helps your body handle lipids in the body better, and of course the omega-3s are good for your heart. With organic omega-3s you have less arachidonic acid and more omega-3s, which is a healthier balance since eggs in significant amounts can really put the diet heavy on omega-6s if they're not the right type of egg.

If you are worried about cholesterol, DON'T fry eggs and especially don't scramble them on high heat.

Joe_Clay
02-24-2009, 08:12 AM

its true, burst the yolk under your tongue and gargle it and you can be better than rocky. fact.

Joe_Clay
02-24-2009, 08:15 AM
on a serious note, i need to get more eggs into my diet. considering buying liquid egg whites. is there any benefit to seperating the eggs yourself to buying the liquid?

red barraca
02-24-2009, 09:40 AM
:D
on a serious note, i need to get more eggs into my diet. considering buying liquid egg whites. is there any benefit to seperating the eggs yourself to buying the liquid?

eat the whole egg,your going to rob your body from the extra proteins and EFA,so if your not contest dieting eat the whole egg.:D

BK
02-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Liquid egg whites taste like shit. Spare your taste buds and separate the yoke from the white.

Frosty
02-24-2009, 11:02 AM

Why would you do that? Eat the yolk.

happyandfatty
03-02-2009, 08:31 PM
i have gotten to the point of hating yolks and can eat whites all day and sit on the john all day aswell

"Rodz"
04-11-2009, 01:39 AM
they are the perfect food, and fairly inexpensive, may father just passed away at the age of 81, and he ate almost a dozen just about everyday.

john koenig
04-12-2009, 09:00 AM
I firmly believe you cannot eat too many omega-3 eggs in a day. Absolutely do not throw away the yolks! I eat 6 to 12 daily.

Frosty
04-12-2009, 10:43 AM
I firmly believe you cannot eat too many omega-3 eggs in a day. Absolutely do not throw away the yolks! I eat 6 to 12 daily.

I agree 100%. Unless you have some sort of genetic problem with metabolizing cholesterol which most people don't have.

Envirolover
04-15-2009, 09:22 PM
i eat about 6 raw eggs daily. Whole eggs! They are great for bulking or cutting and yolks are one of the most nutritionally dense foods on earth.

Dietery cholesterol has minimal impact on serum cholesterol levels. Even if it did high cholesterol is not that bad. Triglycerides and C-reactive protein would concern me much more.

NTBB
04-18-2009, 05:13 AM
i eat about 6 raw eggs daily. Whole eggs! They are great for bulking or cutting and yolks are one of the most nutritionally dense foods on earth.

Dietery cholesterol has minimal impact on serum cholesterol levels. Even if it did high cholesterol is not that bad. Triglycerides and C-reactive protein would concern me much more.

Well said. Was about to say the same.
But I heard its not good eating raw eggs from bacteria point

Frosty
04-18-2009, 09:44 AM
Well said. Was about to say the same.
But I heard its not good eating raw eggs from bacteria point

You're way more likely to get sick eating at a restaurant. I've gotten sick twice eating out, but never from raw eggs in the last 7 years that I've done it.

Envirolover
04-18-2009, 10:26 AM
You're way more likely to get sick eating at a restaurant. I've gotten sick twice eating out, but never from raw eggs in the last 7 years that I've done it.

Yup, very true. I got salmonella once from Chinese food. Not a big deal just a stomach flu that lasted a few hours.

I have never gotten sick from eating raw eggs. I don't even refrigerate my eggs either. Leave them right out on the counter. The chances of getting sick from raw eggs is so miniscule. I think its like 1 in 30,000 and if you eat conventional eggs. If you eat farm fresh and/or organic eggs those numbers decrese even more.

Eggs are becoming known as a health food which is why "they" are trying to push pastuerized eggs on us know.

john koenig
04-27-2009, 11:27 PM
I just can't bring myself to eat raw eggs; did too many in the "Rocky" days! Even in a blender, they didn't cut it. Now I consume whopping numbers of omega-3 eggs, but I scramble them. Feta cheese, spinach, kalmata olives, scrambled with 6 omega-3 eggs.... one of my favorite ketogenic meals.

SoxFan11
04-27-2009, 11:31 PM
I just can't bring myself to eat raw eggs; did too many in the "Rocky" days! Even in a blender, they didn't cut it. Now I consume whopping numbers of omega-3 eggs, but I scramble them. Feta cheese, spinach, kalmata olives, scrambled with 6 omega-3 eggs.... one of my favorite ketogenic meals.

Damn that sounds good. I know what I'll be buying at the vegetable stand tomorrow.

fits
04-28-2009, 05:37 AM
DO you guys eat completely Raw eggs or do you nuke them for 20 seconds ? (i know allot of people that do this) ?

and how do you all take your raw eggs? blended? on their own? with milk?

The last time I tried them, i nuked them for 30 seconds (was told to do this to make sure there is no bad bacteria) and then tried to mix them with a fork!!! I got a mouth full of what felt like warm snot and gagged!!!!! not tried since but I might try them again, I know some guys swear they help them grow, even while dieting

Frosty
04-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Don't nuke them. Just eat them raw if you're gonna do raw.