PDA

View Full Version : 32 Pros since 2005....

MsGuns
04-29-2009, 07:37 PM
only 17 have compete as a Pro....
Correct me if Im wrong...

05-08

USAs
Amanda Dunbar
Heather Policky
Jennifer Sedia
Isabelle Turell

Masters
Robin Parker
Kim Buck
Debbie Bramwell
Gayle Frankie

NAs
Kim Perez
Sherry Smith
Mary Camen Gomez Segura
Teresa Paschal

TU
Debbie Patton
Stephanie Kessler
Tracy Beckham
Cassandra Floyd

Nats
Mimi Jabalee
Norma Nieves
Carla Salotti
Dena Westerfield

Jamie Troxel
Lisa Bickels
Debi Laszewski
Lora Ottend

Beni Lopez
Tina Chandler
Kristie Hawkins
Bev DiRenzo

Not counting them
Rita Rae
Diana Tinnelle
Elena Seiple
Sheila Bleck

BOLD have competed once or 2 times...

Does anyone know anything about the non bold ones....

~gymdiva~
04-29-2009, 08:24 PM
well I would count Cassandra either since she got her card in sept 08...the arnold would have been her only shot at a show and I haven't the slightest if she turned in an app or not...

I think both Lisa and Jaime have been wrapping up military obligations...

beyond that, Amanda is crossing over and I don't know if Mimi has any plans to ever compete...

I thought Stephanie had competed once somewhere?

we need Steve and J to weigh in on this one! :D

siouxcountry
04-29-2009, 08:25 PM
only 22 have competed as a Pro....

Fixed.

Ann Caliri
04-29-2009, 09:02 PM
I believe Robin Parker competed at the 05 or 06 Europa as her first pro show. Must have been 06 if your count started in 05.

MsGuns
04-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Fixed.

So if you are going to correct me, why dont you list who i missed? no help whatsoever.

~gymdiva~
04-29-2009, 09:23 PM
I was wondering about Robin, too...

but this still exposes an issue...not nearly enough new pros compete...which is a shame b/c I think so many could be successful and help usher in a new look and new feel we could all desire to obtain/look up to...

MsGuns
04-29-2009, 09:25 PM

but this still exposes an issue...not nearly enough new pros compete...which is a shame b/c I think so many could be successful and help usher in a new look and new feel we could all desire to obtain/look up to...

I agree...
every time some1 brings up how to better FBBs they mentioned the newbies need to come out and compete..
So I was wondering who the newbies were and what have they been doing.

Thx for your lil update...

Gaoshang Xiongshou
Fixed.

So if you are going to correct me, why dont you list who i missed? no help whatsoever.

:popcorn: :wavey:

MsGuns
I believe Robin Parker competed at the 05 or 06 Europa as her first pro show. Must have been 06 if your count started in 05.

Thx Ann...
I didnt do individual searches...
just who turned pro at those shows...

MsGuns
04-29-2009, 09:30 PM
:popcorn: :wavey:
Hi GX...

MsGuns
04-29-2009, 09:31 PM
I forgot to highlight
Gayle Frankie
Bev DiRenzo

**** Beni Lopez helped me w/ some.

The Big Sexy
04-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Elena just got her pro-card in November at Nationals... so, I don't know that she would be up for competition just yet... maybe sometime later this year? I used to mod with her at another board.

MsGuns
04-29-2009, 10:20 PM
Elena just got her pro-card in November at Nationals... so, I don't know that she would be up for competition just yet... maybe sometime later this year? I used to mod with her at another board.

i know...i didnt count her or the others who turned Pro at Nats.

~gymdiva~
04-29-2009, 10:21 PM
yeah she's under the not counted category since they haven't had a real shot at competing just yet (minus the arnold)...

MsGuns
04-29-2009, 10:23 PM
yeah she's under the not counted category since they haven't had a real shot at competing just yet (minus the arnold)...

GD or GX,

Can you change my thread title to 27 so it wont include the last 4...smile
Thx

nevermind...it says it in the body...smile

Still waitin on THE corrections that were pointed out...

~gymdiva~
04-29-2009, 10:26 PM
hehehehe...my powers are useless here unfortunately...I am all powerful in wrasslin though ;)

The Big Sexy
04-29-2009, 10:27 PM
Sorry - I just saw someone I knew and was so excited I just posted. :)

Big J1
04-29-2009, 10:30 PM
kim buck.....2007 jan tana and 2008 new york
robin parker...2006 europa
stephanie kessler....2007 jan tana and 2007 olympia
lora ottenad....2007 international 2007 atlantic city
bev direnzo...2008 tampa
lisa bickels....committed to 2009 nypro

2008 made pros...hey give em a break ok!
sheila bleck 2009 tampa
diana tinelle 2009 nypro
rita rae??
elena seiple ??
cassandra floyd ??
theresa nabors ??

Definite Non-Competitors

Mimi Jabalee possible 2009 debut
Amanda Dunbar possible 2009 figure debut
Jaime Troxel whereabouts unknown
Norma Nieves competition plans unknown

SO WHAT IS YOUR POINT? THE REAL NUMBERS ARE 26 PROS BETWEEN 1/1/05 AND 6/30/08 AND 22 WILL HAVE COMPETED BY 5/31/09 (21 COMPETED ALREADY)....AND IF YOU KNEW THE FOUR ON THE NON COMPETE LIST, THERE ARE PERSONAL INDIVIDUAL
STORIES FOR EACH OF THEM.

Now one more point, we are in the age of the internet, witness this forum, MUSCLEMEMORY.COM would be a useful tool for you in your future posts...It lists every IFBB, NPC competitor ever in a searchable database...

Humbly,
Big J1

~gymdiva~
04-29-2009, 10:33 PM
J, I think I made her point up there in one of my posts...in a nutshell, we wanna see more! eh, we're greedy like that ;)

and remember, she didn't lump in the newest pros, just listed them...

I would be curious about Norma though...I have a cutout of the 05 natl winners from MD (you know, when it was good ;) ) and I always thought she was a cutie...

MsGuns
04-29-2009, 10:34 PM
kim buck.....2007 jan tana and 2008 new york
robin parker...2006 europa
stephanie kessler....2007 jan tana and 2007 olympia
lora ottenad....2007 international 2007 atlantic city
bev direnzo...2008 tampa
lisa bickels....committed to 2009 nypro

2008 made pros...hey give em a break ok!
sheila bleck 2009 tampa
diana tinelle 2009 nypro
rita rae??
elena seiple ??
cassandra floyd ??
theresa nabors ??

Definite Non-Competitors

Mimi Jabalee possible 2009 debut
Amanda Dunbar possible 2009 figure debut
Jaime Troxel whereabouts unknown
Norma Nieves competition plans unknown

SO WHAT IS YOUR POINT? THE REAL NUMBERS ARE 26 PROS BETWEEN 1/1/05 AND 6/30/08 AND 22 WILL HAVE COMPETED BY 5/31/09 (21 COMPETED ALREADY)....AND IF YOU KNEW THE FOUR ON THE NON COMPETE LIST, THERE ARE PERSONAL INDIVIDUAL
STORIES FOR EACH OF THEM.

Now one more point, we are in the age of the internet, witness this forum, MUSCLEMEMORY.COM would be a useful tool for you in your future posts...It lists every IFBB, NPC competitor ever in a searchable database...

Humbly,
Big J1

I was just listing off the top of my head of who I knew who has competed since 2005.
As I stated I wanted others to help if they knew...
Thx for your time.

MsGuns
04-29-2009, 10:35 PM
J, I think I made her point up there in one of my posts...in a nutshell, we wanna see more! eh, we're greedy like that ;)

and remember, she didn't lump in the newest pros, just listed them...

I would be curious about Norma though...I have a cutout of the 05 natl winners from MD (you know, when it was good ;) ) and I always thought she was a cutie...

Thx GD
I just found her on my facebook friends.
I asked her what her plans were.

MsGuns
04-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Sorry - I just saw someone I knew and was so excited I just posted. :)

Thats ok...
Thx for your time...

Big J1
04-29-2009, 10:36 PM

It would only expose a problem if it were accurate which it is now and with a corrected 85% competition rate it sure doesnt seem to be the issue...BTW including international qualifiers such as Fabi Antoine, Saskia Salemink, Maria Gomez, Alina Popa might change some of the numbers

A thought here, maybe the answer is more pro cards (such as the new cards at the masters and the usa's) and adherence to new criteria judging. this might help to revitalize the sport..They certainly give enough out for figure for god's sake.

I STILL LOVE YOU
Big J1

~gymdiva~
04-29-2009, 10:38 PM
dear god yes...too many and too little pro cards in categories! and don't get me started on fitness!

The Big Sexy
04-29-2009, 10:40 PM
dear god yes...too many and too little pro cards in categories! and don't get me started on fitness!

It's so hard to turn pro as a bodybuilder - but it seems like figure pro cards are given out at redonkulous rates!! No offense to figure girls - but if you add them up - they what, triple the cards that go out to bodybuilders?

MsGuns
04-29-2009, 10:41 PM

way too many...

BigJ 1 can you tell us how many Figure pro cards have been given since 1/1/05?

Big J1
04-29-2009, 10:42 PM

i love the jumping girls especially the routines...think of it from a guys point of view....women who wear an outfit, strip it off and still have knee pads on.

oops did i say that in public...sorry

Big J1

Big J1
04-29-2009, 10:43 PM
way too many...

BigJ 1 can you tell us how many Figure pro cards have been given since 1/1/05?

I dont watch or follow figure but I think it is 4,234,598....lol...jk...i will research when i have some free time....

Big J1

~gymdiva~
04-29-2009, 10:49 PM
i love the jumping girls especially the routines...think of it from a guys point of view....women who wear an outfit, strip it off and still have knee pads on.

oops did i say that in public...sorry

Big J1

hahahaha oh but you did ;)

but see, this is a popular category amongst fans but since it's not the figure (and soon to be bikini) cash cow they took cards away...and if you look at their competitive future they are truly in need of some new blood...they're slowly adding more and more new faces but it's like the same gals over and over knocking it out like only they can but at some point even they have to stop...fbb will always have women coming in I don't care what some may think...fitness I worry about...

The Big Sexy
04-29-2009, 10:56 PM
North Americans in 2008 - 3 pro cards for figure, 1 for bodybuilding

Team Universe 2008 - 18 pro cards for figure/fitness and 1 for bodybuilding

USA 2008 - 6 pro cards figure, 1 pro card bodybuilding (women)

Jr.Nationals 2008 - 7 pro cards figure/fitness - 0 bodybuilding...

Nationals 2008 - 6 pro cards figure, 4 pro cards bodybuilding

So - with those 5 National shows - pro qualifiers ... you have 40 pro-cards for figure/fitness and 7 for bodybuilding...

The Big Sexy
04-29-2009, 10:57 PM
So - in 4 years... there would have been 160 pro cards for figure/fitness and 28 for bodybuilding... (women's)

Big J1
04-29-2009, 11:02 PM

So - with those 5 National shows - pro qualifiers ... you have 40 pro-cards for figure/fitness and 7 for bodybuilding...

there is also a card for fbb at masters nationals...but i think figure has a few there also....

tammyp
04-30-2009, 05:44 AM
thanks for getting that list together drex! i have been wanting to, but just havent taken the time.

id love to see jamie compete. we need more littl girls up there!

MsGuns
04-30-2009, 01:56 PM
I dont watch or follow figure but I think it is 4,234,598....lol...jk...i will research when i have some free time....

Big J1

Thx for your #s...smile

I was going to look that up...Thx for your time.

MsGuns
04-30-2009, 01:58 PM
So - in 4 years... there would have been 160 pro cards for figure/fitness and 28 for bodybuilding... (women's)

WoW 160 to 28 in 4 yrs...thats a lot!!!!

thanks for getting that list together drex! i have been wanting to, but just havent taken the time.

id love to see jamie compete. we need more littl girls up there!

Your welcome
I had started it on paper long time ago...

Tammy,
Do you think the lil gurls dont compete because they are tryin to put on size to go up against the big gurls?

If and when you turn Pro do you want to get BIGGER?

tammyp
04-30-2009, 06:10 PM
i think the little girls are afraid to get on stage with the bigger girls. but look at cathy lefrancois...shes a little girl and holds her own just fine. i would be happy competing at about 120. right now i dry out to about 114.

2hot4u
04-30-2009, 07:49 PM
these figures are depressing. maybe i should downsize and switch to figure?? NOT!! I like training heavy too much!!

fitmomma3
04-30-2009, 07:53 PM
I wonder what the stats are for figure of how many girls have turned pro and never competed on a pro stage PROBABLY HUGE.

~gymdiva~
05-01-2009, 02:26 AM
I would have to agree with that one...although honestly, there's so many listed for pro shows that, unless I know the name, I couldn't have told you if they'd been a pro since they started handing out cards or if they had just gotten one that year...

MsGuns
05-01-2009, 09:32 AM
I wonder what the stats are for figure of how many girls have turned pro and never competed on a pro stage PROBABLY HUGE.
That sounds like a good project for one of yall figure gurls to start...smile

SadFatty
05-02-2009, 02:22 AM
I think the number of procards in bodybuilding is perfect. I think the number in figure and fitness is way too many. I believe only the best of the best should get the card and 7 seems like a perfect amount to me. 40 seems silly.

tammyp
05-02-2009, 05:55 AM
prefect? with the lack of women bodybuilders competing at the pro level, that shows IMO thats its not.

MsGuns
05-02-2009, 11:19 AM
prefect? with the lack of women bodybuilders competing at the pro level, that shows IMO thats its not.

I agree...far from perfect...

At least 2-3 should be given out at the other shows- since Nats gives out for all class winners.

The other shows Top 2-3 from the overall or better yet all class winners....lol

I know Im wish for a lot huh??

tammyp
05-02-2009, 11:31 AM
drex, im with u!

MsGuns
05-02-2009, 11:38 AM
drex, im with u!

You know I wonder why figure gurls (not knockin yall) got Pro cards at all shows...even Jr shows.

MsGuns
05-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Debbie Patton is competin this yr as a FIGURE gurl....
You can check her out at:
the Tampa Bay Pro and the Atlantic City Pro (they have a masters class)

SadFatty
05-03-2009, 06:45 PM
The New York pro show has 15-20 girls competing. To me that is the perfect number. Anymore is too much and almost takes away from the best of the best.

4evermuscle
05-03-2009, 11:52 PM

That's why being a figure pro is a joke these days. It doesn't mean anything anymore.

MsGuns
05-04-2009, 12:18 PM
only 17 have compete as a Pro....

05-08

USAs
Amanda Dunbar
Heather Policky
Jennifer Sedia
Isabelle Turell

Masters
Robin Parker
Kim Buck
Debbie Bramwell
Gayle Frankie

NAs
Kim Perez
Sherry Smith
Mary Camen Gomez Segura
Teresa Paschal

TU
Debbie Patton
Stephanie Kessler
Tracy Beckham
Cassandra Floyd

Nats
Mimi Jabalee
Norma Nieves
Carla Salotti
Dena Westerfield

Jamie Troxel
Lisa Bickels
Debi Laszewski
Lora Ottend

Beni Lopez
Tina Chandler
Kristie Hawkins
Bev DiRenzo

Not counting them
Rita Rae
Diana Tinnelle
Elena Seiple
Sheila Bleck

BOLD have competed once or 2 times...

Does anyone know anything about the non bold ones....

I had highlighted Debbie Patton as competed since turning pro and she has not...2009 will be her debut but as a figure gurl....