PDA

View Full Version : press passes?

six ravens
02-13-2009, 09:28 AM
how will rx muscle get press passes to cover the shows now that your not connected to a magazine anymore? The NPC policy is no internet people.

mr.genetics
02-13-2009, 09:33 AM
I think they will have a hard time getting them, but as we all know, Dave and John are a sneaky bunch, and they will find a way.

becks
02-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Interviews need not take place back stage.

With the popularity of the website growing and the recognition that Dave and John have in the industry already, I cannot see why interviews will not take place in and around the venues.

r_wichman
02-13-2009, 09:51 AM
I see the internet replacing the print version of coverage anyway. Think about it... In the mags we wait 3 months for coverage... and, online I know what happened in 3 seconds. We are in an age of change and soon print will be a thing of the past.

*** Even my mom reads her books on a digital reader, and she is almost 60.

Sandpig
02-13-2009, 10:12 AM
The NPC policy is no internet people.

Then why does Ron Aviden always have a press pass?

MikeS
02-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Your forgetting Dave & John have a name in the industry. They arent some schmoes trying to get sneaky pics or anything. Even if shows wont give them press passes, they'll cover it some how.

diesel
02-13-2009, 11:43 AM
well Ron is under Bodybuilding's wing wouldnt you say? so there lies his connection, no?

six ravens
02-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Then why does Ron Aviden always have a press pass?

I don't have the answer to that question. If I did, would it resolve the question originally posted?

wnybodybuildingfan
02-13-2009, 04:04 PM
I don't think Dave and John will have any problems getting press passes. They are too well known and have a large number of contacts and such within the bodybuilding ranks to be left on the outside looking in.

Rush
02-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Guerilla Tactics.

Don't be suprised if John and Dave ambush the competitor's, coming at them from all angles holding a video Camera and Boom mic.

I highly doubt a little red tape is gonna get in their way

L.Boomer
02-13-2009, 06:37 PM
In my experience, press passes are usually not too hard to get as long as you can verify that your site is legitimate and pertains to reporting on the industry (they may require that your site has a certain amount of traffic or registered members). You just need to send a request to the promoter with enough time for them to verify and approve.

wnybodybuildingfan
02-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Based on the popularity that this site has shown thus far, any promoter would be nuts to not allow Dave and John to report on their contest. Magazines are becoming old news, and rxmuscle.com will become the number 1 internet site for all your bodybuilding information as well as contest results.