PDA

View Full Version : Shredded for the Sumer Contest

Mighty
04-30-2009, 01:05 AM
Anyone interested in having a friendly little cutting/fat loss competition to spark some motivation? Maybe we could even make this a big thing and get some small prizes for a winner.

Any interest or ideas?

Frosty
04-30-2009, 01:07 AM
Dammit you're too late. I've already lost over 55 lbs and having abs come in....I would have killed this competition lol.

CodyKelly
04-30-2009, 01:50 AM
I wanna DO IT!!! Ive already lost alot, but im just looking to get more shredded! It would be some good motivation!

fits
04-30-2009, 04:07 AM
this could be gfood for me, I was ment to have started in January for my 30th birthday Holiday in May, but I canceld the trip to Thailand and along with it my motivation to get in shape (been a while since i have been).

I probably have more fat than most of you so how we going to go about comparing?

euclid
04-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Hey, count me in. A couple of you guys are already at where I want to be! Maybe we could do a standard weigh in, bf% measurement (calipers?) or tape measurements to capture our progress? Maybe post progress pics every couple of weeks?

I'm pretty good with photoshop, so I can help with splicing before/after pics if we decide to go that route.

Mighty
04-30-2009, 04:34 PM
Hey, count me in. A couple of you guys are already at where I want to be! Maybe we could do a standard weigh in, bf% measurement (calipers?) or tape measurements to capture our progress? Maybe post progress pics every couple of weeks?

I'm pretty good with photoshop, so I can help with splicing before/after pics if we decide to go that route.

That'd be perfect, I think we should do some before and after pics with a couple of poses, then we can get a poll to see who the winner of the thing is. How long should this be? Any preferences?

euclid
04-30-2009, 05:38 PM
That'd be perfect, I think we should do some before and after pics with a couple of poses, then we can get a poll to see who the winner of the thing is. How long should this be? Any preferences?

Well, I know that I am trying to get to my goal by June 26 and want to be pretty lean. But, if you told me we had 1 month to make the most radical change, I would probably bust my ass to get there.

I think the hard thing will be the judging because you'll have guys like me who are fairly fat at 18-19%, and a 5-7% fat loss change looks pretty dramatic at that level of body fat. But for the guys (and gals) who are already lean their change may not reflect the hardwork they put in to get to single digit bf%. Does that make any sense?

Hell, I'm willing to put $20 bucks into a pot for the winner if we can figure out a fair criteria.

MusclesMarinara
04-30-2009, 05:46 PM
im in! my abs are just starting to show but they could definately come in more. i could also be more vascular

Deltasaurus
04-30-2009, 06:27 PM
I wanna get shredded :D

euclid
05-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Tell you what, why don't we start this thing off today? For grins, let's just see who can make the most visible change during the month of May. Sure, it's a short period of time but at least it will get the ball rolling. We can always change the parameters.

On bb.com I'm in a group and we weigh in on Wednesdays, but if anyone else wants to start today, why don't you post your basic numbers up and a starting pic if you have one. The one I'm posting below is from yesterday - just looking at it gives me motivation bc I can picture what I'll look like with most of my fat shed.

Does anyone have any tips on how to pose for these sorts of pictures? I look like a goofy idiot and am not sure what lighting would be best for helping show progress?

Any tips at all you guys who have seen your abs before can share, I'd love to hear them. I've never seen mine.

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 205.5
BF: ~19-20%? (I'm using accu-measure calipers and I really am just going by what it says on my gut above my hip bone)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/euclid/DSCF0363.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/euclid/DSCF0366.jpg

euclid
06-10-2009, 08:41 AM
I really don't think anyone else is in on this challenge, but thought I'd post a progress update in order to get some feedback on:

a) what bf% you think I am and
b) how many more pounds I need to shed before I reach 10-11% bf

I know it is hard to judge bf% by pictures, but I can tell you I predominantly carry fat in my love handles, lower midsection and in my butt.

I'm eating about 2200-2300 calories/day. Weight training (full body, heavy compounds) 3 days per week and doing low intensity cardio at least 3 times a week. My goal is to be at 10-11% bf by my 30th birthday in November.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/euclid/61009ComparisonFront.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/euclid/61009ComparisonBis.jpg