PDA

View Full Version : Kaizen-The Philosophy of Continual Improvement

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Kelly Baker
02-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Hey everyone! Ok so here we go...again. I'm Kelly Baker, the Gluten-free girl. As most of you already know, I have Celiac disease and am intolerant of all dairy, soy, most nuts and seeds, eggs, and some fruits and veggies. Normally, I compete in the Women's Tri-Fitness competitions but I am 7 weeks away from walking onstage as a Figure Competitor for the first time. What can I say, other than I got curious... :) Tri-Fit is my first love though, and I intend to continue on with that for as long as I can.

Friday

Bi’s/Tri’s, Legs

Tricep press down
60 lbs 1 x 10
70 lbs 1 x 10
80 lbs to failure 8 reps
Close grip barbell curl 35lbs 3 x 10
Close grip bench press 55 lbs 3 x 12
Hammer curl 20 lbs 3 x 8
Tricep cross skull crusher 12 lbs 3 x 12
Concentration curl 20 lbs 3 x 8
Barbell skull crusher 35 lbs 3 x 10
Chin-ups 3 x 5 BW

Mountain climbers with bands 3 x 30 each leg
Quick knee raise with bands 3 x 10 each leg
Jump squats wide and narrow 3 x 10 each
Single leg deadlift, 1 foot on step, 10 lb plate 3 x 15
Glute kickback 10 lbs 3 x 15
Ab and Adductors 10 lbs 3 x 15
Deep jump squat holding bands 3 x 15
Kettlebell swing 15 lbs 3 x 15

musclegoddess65
02-13-2009, 09:39 AM
Nice training Kelly!!!

robert da strongman
02-13-2009, 10:39 AM
hooray for Kelly

Fitswim by Celeste
02-13-2009, 11:50 AM
good to see you here chickie ;) i assume you are doing the natural ohio?

GirlyMuscle
02-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Hey! I know what Kaizen is!!!!

Gaoshang Xiongshou
02-13-2009, 11:53 AM
In for the ride :D

Kelly Baker
02-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Nice training Kelly!!!

Thank you!

hooray for Kelly

You're so funny...

good to see you here chickie ;) i assume you are doing the natural ohio?

Yes, I'm doing Natural Ohio. Quite honestly, I can get away with wearing the suit I have but I'm bored with it. Want to talk about a new one? :D

Hey! I know what Kaizen is!!!!

Girl, you LIVE it!!!

In for the ride :D

Thanks! It's nice to see everyone!

Valkyrie
02-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Oh boy! You did the band work!!! How're the glutes feeling?

I trekked up a longish hill trail today...was feeling mighty fine, until I had to sit in the truck to drive home! Youchy! LOL!

robert da strongman
02-13-2009, 04:11 PM
kaizen, six sigma, just in time, 5s....good god!!

Kelly Baker
02-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Oh boy! You did the band work!!! How're the glutes feeling?

I trekked up a longish hill trail today...was feeling mighty fine, until I had to sit in the truck to drive home! Youchy! LOL!

The glutes aren't miffed...yet. I expect when I park my booty on that spin bike to teach tomorrow it'll be a slightly different story! LOL I am ITCHING over the Tubbs snow shoes on REI.com Trying to decide if I pull the trigger on it now or wait...

kaizen, six sigma, just in time, 5s....good god!!

And my lucky number is 13

robert da strongman
02-13-2009, 04:37 PM
enjoy today then...haha

Curt James
02-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Chin-ups for 3 x 5 reps with bodyweight! RARRR!!!

Valkyrie
02-13-2009, 05:26 PM
The glutes aren't miffed...yet. I expect when I park my booty on that spin bike to teach tomorrow it'll be a slightly different story! LOL I am ITCHING over the Tubbs snow shoes on REI.com Trying to decide if I pull the trigger on it now or wait...

Ohhh! Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger! :D (I am such a bad influence! :eek:)

Gypsy and I were out in our Tubbs today. We spotted sign that earlier in the week someone had been out in Tubbs and someone else had been out in a traditional hardwood framed pair of snowshoes. The traditional shoes left a really cool pattern in the snow, but the Tubbs are so light and easy to move around in.

Angela123
02-13-2009, 06:59 PM
hey girl...so glad u are over here. i was wondering if you joined. ive been out of the loop with ya...i didnt know u were doing figure soon. how exciting. nice lil change for ya! ill be checking in on you.

**blondie**
02-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Hey there.
I'm going to follow your journal, hope you don't mind.

Kelly Baker
02-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Chin-ups for 3 x 5 reps with bodyweight! RARRR!!!

LOL Thanks Curt! There's something really satisfying about doing those. Hope my numbers creep up soon!

Ohhh! Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger! :D (I am such a bad influence! :eek:)

Gypsy and I were out in our Tubbs today. We spotted sign that earlier in the week someone had been out in Tubbs and someone else had been out in a traditional hardwood framed pair of snowshoes. The traditional shoes left a really cool pattern in the snow, but the Tubbs are so light and easy to move around in.

No, you are a GOOD influence! Without your journaling, I might never have tried snowshoeing and found that I liked it! I've decided I'll wait till the end of the month. If my spending has not been out of control, I will buy myself a little present. Otherwise...my birthday will see a snowshoe request. :)

hey girl...so glad u are over here. i was wondering if you joined. ive been out of the loop with ya...i didnt know u were doing figure soon. how exciting. nice lil change for ya! ill be checking in on you.

Yes. Tri-Fit is expensive what with airfare, hotel, rental car, etc. I'm only going to be able to do one show with them and one show a year just didn't sit well. Check away, by all means! I'll probably have questions since the final stages of Figure prep are vastly different from the diet-down that I do normally due to water cutting. My weight's already lower than my Vegas weigh-in and we're 7 weeks out.

Hey there.
I'm going to follow your journal, hope you don't mind.

Not at all! :D

Kelly Baker
02-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Saturday
Spinning

I got to sub for Brady Howard today and if his class doesn't cuss me tomorrow, I didn't do my job.

5 minute warm-up followed by the HIIT Hill Climb Program.

3 minutes of jumps every 15 seconds going 3 up 3 down on pedal strokes, moved right into a seated climb adding on every 40 seconds 3 times, from seated climb to switchbacks for 2 minutes, finished seated climb by hitting a max seated climb for 1 minute, rolled into a pyramid of pick-ups increasing time up to a minute, brought the class up "on the run" for 1 minute then made them pyramid back down starting at 1 minute in length with the final pick-up at 10 seconds in length, transitioned from this into standing climb adding resistance every 40 seconds 4 times the 5 was the maximum standing climb for 1 minute. Gave them a minute of rest, then repeated the process.

Think I might do some abs and butt for kicks tomorrow. I'm feeling frisky!

robert da strongman
02-14-2009, 08:09 PM
sick and perverse Kelly!

musclegoddess65
02-14-2009, 08:35 PM
damn and you did this to a class of non regulars??? OOHHH are they gonna hate you!

Kelly Baker
02-14-2009, 08:39 PM
sick and perverse Kelly!

i know....*evil laugh*

damn and you did this to a class of non regulars??? OOHHH are they gonna hate you!

Funny thing is, the sickos claimed they liked it. Bet they don't like it tomorrow or Monday... Brady beats them up pretty badly though. I've taken his class before and the man is no joke!

Kelly Baker
02-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Sunday
Butt and abs

So I said I was feeling "frisky" last night and I needed to give myself an outlet. In my latest Oxygen mag (it was a gift subscription, thank you) there's a butt workout...an innocent, you-can-do-this-at-home, butt workout. It is not lost on Robert Kennedy what the economic situation is, so they've taken to putting at least one at home workout in their issues for folks to do if they've had to drop their gym membership God forbid.

Rear leg lift 3 x 15 each leg
Kneeling kickback 3 x 15 each leg
Hip raise, coming up onto toes 3 x 20 followed by 6 half-rep pulses after each 20
Lying leg raise (face down) 3 x 25 each leg
Lunge 3 x 15 each leg

Now...when you do this damn workout the way it's supposed to be done, slow, controlled, squeezing the glute, really working the mind-muscle connection, you will find that half an hour later or so, your ass is on FIRE. I expect to be a smidge uncomfortable in a day or so, but considering that I store fat in ye olde booty and that ye olde booty will be up on stage in 6 weeks being scrutinized by judges, I figure this workout can't hurt me any. Or maybe it can...

Abs
Side plank with hip lift 3 x 15
V-up 3 x 10
double crunch with med ball (10 lbs) 3 x 15 (ooog)
Opposite foot, opposite hand touch 3 x 15

Got a phone call from Brady today. He needs me to sub for him again this coming Saturday. Bwaa haa haa haa!!!

Curt James
02-15-2009, 04:30 PM
In my latest Oxygen mag (it was a gift subscription, thank you) there's a butt workout...an innocent, you-can-do-this-at-home, butt workout. It is not lost on Robert Kennedy what the economic situation is, so they've taken to putting at least one at home workout in their issues for folks to do if they've had to drop their gym membership God forbid.

I subscribe.

Why not? Minus the facial hair and my chromed out dome I'm built more like Michelle Obama than Arnold Schwarzenegger, so why not have a realistic role model for my "physique goals"?

Uh, forget I said any of that. :o

I also subscribe to Kennedy's MMI and you're right. He has offered to buy back your issues and pay the postage IF you've lost your job.

you will find that half an hour later or so, your ass is on FIRE.

haHA :) There's an "out of context" quote to delight and amuse.

Have a great Sunday.

Kelly Baker
02-15-2009, 04:47 PM
I subscribe.

Why not? Minus the facial hair and my chromed out dome I'm built more like Michelle Obama than Arnold Schwarzenegger, so why not have a realistic role model for my "physique goals"?

Uh, forget I said any of that. :o

I also subscribe to Kennedy's MMI and you're right. He has offered to buy back your issues and pay the postage IF you've lost your job.

haHA :) There's an "out of context" quote to delight and amuse.

Have a great Sunday.

Hey Curt! :) He's offered the buy back on Oxygen too. Honest to God, they do put some damn good training routines in there though. There's an ab workout that I swore I was going to puke on several issues back. Still one of my faves. Take whatever you want out of context. If it gets a laugh, it's all good! :D

robert da strongman
02-15-2009, 05:49 PM
when i eat jalapenos my ass is on fire.

good stuff!

Kelly Baker
02-16-2009, 09:07 AM
when i eat jalapenos my ass is on fire.

good stuff!

Oh my....LOL

Monday

Shoulders, grip, active rest legs, cardio

Shrugs 55lb DB’s 3 x 12
10 lb plate toss from hand to hand to work pinch grip 3 x 30
Squat BW exploding up onto toes 3 x 15
Military press 30 lb DB’s 3 x 10
Hang from fingers 3 x 15 sec
Deep squat (butt to calves) 3 x 15
Incline lateral raise 8 lb DB 3 x 10
Face pulls 80lbs 1 x 12, 90 lbs 1 x 12, 100 lbs 1 x 12 (obviously, I will have to start at 100 next time)
Iron Cross (kicking opposite leg to opposite hand while popping up on toe of other foot) 3 x 15
He-Man Holds 45 lb plates on 45 lb bars 3 x 20 seconds
Front raises 25 lb plate 3 x 10
Pile squat w/ floor touch 3 x 15
30 minutes elliptical sprint drill 15 mins pedaling backward, 15 mins forward sprinting 15 seconds at the top of each minute
5 sets of stairs focusing on quick feet (42 steps in the flight)

Valkyrie
02-16-2009, 09:47 AM
No, you are a GOOD influence! Without your journaling, I might never have tried snowshoeing and found that I liked it! I've decided I'll wait till the end of the month. If my spending has not been out of control, I will buy myself a little present. Otherwise...my birthday will see a snowshoe request. :)

Good plan, snowshoes should be going on sale if they are not already at REI and EMS.

Training is looking good. Looks like you are liking the kettlebells. Gypsy is looking to go up in weight with hers. She's looking great. Normally winters are tough for her and she ends up needing to lean-out in the spring. Not this year! She's held her lean physique through the winter nicely.

Kelly Baker
02-16-2009, 11:38 AM
Good plan, snowshoes should be going on sale if they are not already at REI and EMS.

Training is looking good. Looks like you are liking the kettlebells. Gypsy is looking to go up in weight with hers. She's looking great. Normally winters are tough for her and she ends up needing to lean-out in the spring. Not this year! She's held her lean physique through the winter nicely.

Only the high end snowshoes left at REI and EMS now. I'll ask for them for my birthday and it will give me something to look forward to!

Congrats to Gypsy on maintaining her lean phsyique this winter! I need to get some kettlebell "siblings" for mine. It's sitting with my Med ball, adjustible DB's, stability ball, Perfect Push-up, resistance band, and jump rope. :)

robert da strongman
02-16-2009, 12:12 PM
nice training!!

**blondie**
02-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Hey Hey Hey !
Hope that the week has started out well for ya!
Looks like you've been hitting the workouts hard,,,, great job!

musclegoddess65
02-16-2009, 01:11 PM
damn kelly... I get tired just READING your training....

Kelly Baker
02-16-2009, 02:32 PM
nice training!!

Thank you sir!

Hey Hey Hey !
Hope that the week has started out well for ya!
Looks like you've been hitting the workouts hard,,,, great job!

Thanks! I've got plenty of work that needs to be done, so hitting it hard is the only way to go!

damn kelly... I get tired just READING your training....

LOL! And I'm doing that to myself, no trainer at all...sick right?

musclegoddess65
02-16-2009, 02:45 PM
yea! it is pretty damn sick girl... I use to laugh when I worked with my trainer on the East coast... he kicked my ass, like close to puking somedays, going down the steps on my ass on leg day, kinda training...

I'd look at him and say, AND I PAY YOU FOR THIS TREATMENT! He gave me his good looking evil smile and said why yes, yes you do!

but doing it to yourself! much sicker!

Kelly Baker
02-17-2009, 09:25 AM
yea! it is pretty damn sick girl... I use to laugh when I worked with my trainer on the East coast... he kicked my ass, like close to puking somedays, going down the steps on my ass on leg day, kinda training...

I'd look at him and say, AND I PAY YOU FOR THIS TREATMENT! He gave me his good looking evil smile and said why yes, yes you do!

but doing it to yourself! much sicker!

I call it "summoning my internal personal trainer". "She" is the biggest bitch ever. LOL

Kelly Baker
02-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Tuesday
Legs, Cardio

Single leg extension 15 lbs slow with hold 3 x 15
Single leg hamstring curl 30 lbs 3 x 15
Lunge into bench step-up BW 3 x 15
SLDL 15 lb DB’s 3 x 15
Single leg press 45 lbs 3 x 15
Single leg calf raise with 20 lb DB 3 x 15
30 minute elliptical drill using cross ramps 10-15 and 20 resistance level 5

TRAQ 3D tonight!

Gaoshang Xiongshou
02-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Tuesday
Legs, Cardio

Single leg extension 15 lbs slow with hold 3 x 15
Single leg hamstring curl 30 lbs 3 x 15
Lunge into bench step-up BW 3 x 15
SLDL 15 lb DB’s 3 x 15
Single leg press 45 lbs 3 x 15
Single leg calf raise with 20 lb DB 3 x 15
30 minute elliptical drill using cross ramps 10-15 and 20 resistance level 5

TRAQ 3D tonight!

Excellent suffering! :D

robert da strongman
02-17-2009, 11:17 AM
^^wat he said

Kelly Baker
02-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Excellent suffering! :D

^^wat he said

Thanks you guys! You know what's funny? I was reading through my diverse stack o' fitness mags last night and it occurred to me exactly how much I LOVE doing this. What prompted all this thinking was a co-worker asked me this question. "You don't drink, you don't smoke, how do we get you to relax?" The answer that I gave without any thought at all was "put me in the weightroom". I'm in the wrong line of work, I tell you!

robert da strongman
02-17-2009, 11:59 AM
i call it anger management

there is so much stress relieved when i lift

musclegoddess65
02-17-2009, 02:33 PM
Stress relief and relaxation!

good work Kelly!

Kelly Baker
02-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Wednesday
Back, Active Rest legs, Abs, Spinning

Lat pull downs 35.5 lbs focusing on slow controlled, high reps, looking for fatigue 3 x 30
Closed leg, BW squats 3 x 15
Standing good mornings 45 lbs 3 x 12
Bent over row, overhand grip 55 lbs 3 x 12
Pile squat BW 3 x 15
Flutter and scissor kicks 20 ea 3x
Lying upper body front raise 3 x 15
Double crunch 3 x 15
Plank pose, arms fully extended 3 x 1 minute each

Spinning

Gave the class their usual 5 minute warm-up then whipped them through 2 sets of this; 5 minutes seated intervals, seated climb into switchbacks and back to seated climb, jumps for 3 minutes, standing climb into standing intervals for 5 minutes, 1 minute rest, repeat. Brady’s class gets to suffer my abuse again on Saturday so I need to come up with something to do to them.

I am starting to wish I'd kept my damn trap (or fingers as it were) shut yesterday and not asked a question on another thread. Not only has the result been to make me feel like even more of a freak, I'm starting to realize just how big an anomaly I might actually be. Maybe I should just drop it...

Valkyrie
02-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Single leg work...I bow to you! That is brutal stuff!
Great Wednesday work. I did times planks last night. Oh...I'm feeling it today!

Valkyrie
02-18-2009, 10:51 AM
I am starting to wish I'd kept my damn trap (or fingers as it were) shut yesterday and not asked a question on another thread. Not only has the result been to make me feel like even more of a freak, I'm starting to realize just how big an anomaly I might actually be. Maybe I should just drop it...
No no! Keep talking...umm...typing! I'm a freak too! I need someone else to be posting radical freaky training and diet stuff! :D

Kelly Baker
02-18-2009, 10:59 AM
No no! Keep talking...umm...typing! I'm a freak too! I need someone else to be posting radical freaky training and diet stuff! :D

Thanks. Here's what I did that I'm now cursing. I posted a question in Dave's thread thinking he might have a way I could fine-tune my diet considering I'm doing Figure in 6 weeks. I've been very discouraged by what has come back, not from Dave, but from someone else who either did not read all of what I wrote, or simply does not realize that whey protein is dairy based. I'll be the first to admit that I have a train-load of issues and that what I have to deal with will not be easy for someone to try to help me with. I have offered an "out" which is simply that if it's a "You need to eat chicken for breakfast" situation, just tell me that. I've stated that I can't supplement with protein powders as they've all made me ill. So far, I don't seem to be getting anywhere other than making myself depressed...

Fitswim by Celeste
02-18-2009, 11:44 AM
I call it "summoning my internal personal trainer". "She" is the biggest bitch ever. LOL

ha! nice i think i need to try that! :D

afternoon my cleveland friend!

Kelly Baker
02-18-2009, 12:00 PM
ha! nice i think i need to try that! :D

afternoon my cleveland friend!

Hey Girl! It's almost scary how good I've gotten at the "internal personal trainer" thing. It keeps me pushing through when I might otherwise back down.

robert da strongman
02-18-2009, 12:06 PM
dont sweat the retards.

good training!

musclegoddess65
02-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Kel... you know unless they get out there and really read what you deal with regarding celiac issues, they have not clue...

Its like a PT that wants to cookie cut a training program for everyone - no one knows what to do with the one or two exceptions.

You are an exception, and a GREAT exception at that... keep posting, you never know Kelly who might happen upon this journal, thinking they are completely alone and don't know where to turn...

Hang in there girl... {{{{{ hugs }}}}}

Kelly Baker
02-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Kel... you know unless they get out there and really read what you deal with regarding celiac issues, they have not clue...

Its like a PT that wants to cookie cut a training program for everyone - no one knows what to do with the one or two exceptions.

You are an exception, and a GREAT exception at that... keep posting, you never know Kelly who might happen upon this journal, thinking they are completely alone and don't know where to turn...

Hang in there girl... {{{{{ hugs }}}}}

Thank you so much for this! Really! It's so frustrating to have all my issues stacked on top of one another, and sometimes I forget that I'm so used to functioning like this that I throw others for a loop. :o

Valkyrie
02-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Thanks. Here's what I did that I'm now cursing. I posted a question in Dave's thread thinking he might have a way I could fine-tune my diet considering I'm doing Figure in 6 weeks. I've been very discouraged by what has come back, not from Dave, but from someone else who either did not read all of what I wrote, or simply does not realize that whey protein is dairy based. I'll be the first to admit that I have a train-load of issues and that what I have to deal with will not be easy for someone to try to help me with. I have offered an "out" which is simply that if it's a "You need to eat chicken for breakfast" situation, just tell me that. I've stated that I can't supplement with protein powders as they've all made me ill. So far, I don't seem to be getting anywhere other than making myself depressed...
(((Hugs)))

I keep trying to 'fine tune' my diet, so I get leaner and 'outfox' the fibro and Hashimoto's. It's tough going, there are so many variables I have to keep in mind. I've thought of seeking out professional help a couple times. But I'm worried that someone else won't really pay close attention to the details like I have to so that I can remain symptom free.

So I keep on...keeping on, by my own counsel and hope for the best with my health.

You and I do pretty darn well for what we face on a day-to-day basis. Others would crumble.

Gerb
02-18-2009, 11:17 PM
I have some catching up to do I see.

Kelly Baker
02-19-2009, 09:33 AM
(((Hugs)))

I keep trying to 'fine tune' my diet, so I get leaner and 'outfox' the fibro and Hashimoto's. It's tough going, there are so many variables I have to keep in mind. I've thought of seeking out professional help a couple times. But I'm worried that someone else won't really pay close attention to the details like I have to so that I can remain symptom free.

So I keep on...keeping on, by my own counsel and hope for the best with my health.

You and I do pretty darn well for what we face on a day-to-day basis. Others would crumble.

Thank you for this. I fear, almost to the point of paralysis, returning to my former symptom-ridden existence. I've gotten my life returned to me by Igor and his staff and I don't want it comprimised. I talked to my training partner who is nearly as big a wreck as I am (only a few more items can she tolerate, the main ones are the same) and we're working through what "we" will have to do.

You are right that others would crumble with what you and I face. I really am SO grateful for the support you and everyone else have given. I feel very, very lucky to know you.

I have some catching up to do I see.

Hi stranger! Did you read Monday? I trained grip! Lots of it!

Kelly Baker
02-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Tuesday PM
TRAQ 3D
Warmed up on lunges, cutting, getbacks, and laterals
Ran ‘my’ program, designed after Tri-Fitness. Opens with jump drill, jump drill with laterals, shuttle with shuttle grab sim, lunges in all directions, squats, cutting, laterals, mini-t, and trap attack
Ran cool down program that was similar to what I’d done above

Wednesday PM
Trained “R”
Upper body circuit
5 minute cardio warm-up
Flat bench DB press 30 lbs 3 x 10
Flat bench flye 20 lb DB’s 3 x 10
Military press 25 lb DB’s 3 x 10
Around the Worlds 5 lb plates 3 x 10
Single arm DB row 35 lbs 3 x 10
Bent over row, underhand grip 36 lb body bar
Hammer curls 20 lb DB’s
Skull crushers 35 lb DB’s
10 minute cardio cooldown
“R” is very, very motivated as his wife rapidly approaches her due date. We expect she may go into labor a bit early as she is already experiencing contractions and is HUGE! “R” wants to double up training so that he can get his head around things quicker, but has said he’s glad he has a workout partner to be accountable. If he continues as he has been, he will not have to fear being the “fat Dad that can’t do anything with their son”.

Thursday
Chest, Active rest legs, Cardio
Incline bench 30 lb DB’s 3 x 10
Side lunge 3 x 15
Incline flye 15 lb DB’s 3 x 12
Cable glute kickback 20 lbs 3 x 10
DB pull-over 40 lbs 3 x 12
Adductor on cable station 10 lbs 3 x 15
Benched 45 lb bar 50 non-stop reps because I hadn’t done it in a while…oooch
Ran 27.5 minutes at 5.5 mph, realized what time it was and that I needed to cool down a little before hitting the showers and walked the remaining 2.5 minutes. My legs are SCREAMING. Good. Hope they look better soon.

robert da strongman
02-19-2009, 12:22 PM
great training!

musclegoddess65
02-19-2009, 01:24 PM
nice training Kelly!! didn't know R was gonna be a daddy... he is gonna need the energy exercise will give him....

Gerb
02-19-2009, 11:40 PM
Hi stranger! Did you read Monday? I trained grip! Lots of it!

Awesome. He-Man holds I hope?

Kelly Baker
02-20-2009, 09:58 AM
great training!

Thanks!

nice training Kelly!! didn't know R was gonna be a daddy... he is gonna need the energy exercise will give him....

Yes, his first at age 42. He is not fat to begin with, but should certainly be doing some work. What I find frightening is how much strength he actually doesn't have. I can outlift him on a few key things.

Awesome. He-Man holds I hope?

You know I did! I LOVE doing He-Man holds, because I always try to beat my last time.

Friday
Bi’s/Tri’s, Cardio

Cable preacher curl 50 lbs 3 x 10
Tricep kickback 20 lb DB 3 x 10
Wide grip bicep curl 35 lb bar 3 x 10
Tricep press down 50 lbs 3 x 10
Cable bicep curl 20 lbs 3 x 10
Tricep extension, reverse grip 20 lbs 3 x 10
Double cable curl 20 lbs 3 x 10
Close grip bench press 60 lbs 3 x 10
Incline walk on treadmill 3.2 mph increasing incline every 2 minutes up to level 10

TRAQ 3D tonight

I am hurting and very, very tired. So many people have been sick at work, that I’m now concerned I might get it. Figured I’d take it a bit easier today and try to get as much rest as possible this weekend even though I have to teach tomorrow.

Fitswim by Celeste
02-20-2009, 10:05 AM
oh no! don't be getting that sick stuff! get some rest chickie so we can get together on tuesday.

Kelly Baker
02-20-2009, 10:09 AM
oh no! don't be getting that sick stuff! get some rest chickie so we can get together on tuesday.

I don't think I'm getting sick, (yet) though with so many people sick at work it's possible. I think I just need to rest. My quads seized after running yesterday and they feel not awesome right now.

BEAST MODE
02-20-2009, 10:19 AM
OK Kel-bel, now that I've found your thread here, I'm going to stop posting in the MD one. As soon as we get Adina over here, I'm done w/ that site.

robert da strongman
02-20-2009, 11:36 AM
vitamin C

good training!!

BEAST MODE
02-20-2009, 12:31 PM
vitamin C

good training!!

YES YES YES!!! I've gone through like 2 bags of those Halls vitamin c drops this week, plus I got the Zicam w/ vitamin c.

Kelly Baker
02-20-2009, 01:04 PM
vitamin C

good training!!

YES YES YES!!! I've gone through like 2 bags of those Halls vitamin c drops this week, plus I got the Zicam w/ vitamin c.

I am NOT sick! lol Seriously, I hurt because of what and how I've been training this week. I do need to sleep for sure and am looking forward to doing "whatever" on Sunday.

musclegoddess65
02-20-2009, 05:53 PM
ah yes whatever Sundays!!! but gotta add the vitamin C can be a good preventative TO getting sick....

Kelly Baker
02-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Saturday
Trained "R" the soon to be Daddy

Leg press 135 3 x 15
DB deadlifts 20 lb DB's 3 x 15
Squat using stability ball 3 x 15
Calf raises 20 lb DB's 3 x 15
Lunges 3 x 15
Seated ham curl 40 lbs 3 x 15
15 mins of cardio here

Now...why so light you may ask? Here's what I turned around and did to Brady's spin class that I was subbing for.

5 minute warm-up. 5 minutes speed intervals, transition to seated climb adding resistance 3x over 40 seconds each, 3 sets of switch backs for 3 minutes, 2 more seated adds to max out, 3 minutes jumps 3 pedal strokes up 3 pedal strokes down every 15 seconds for 3 minutes, transition right to standing climb adding resistance 3 x over 40 seconds each, 5 minutes of standing climbing speed intervals, 1 minute rest, repeat.

Do you know the class actually really, really liked this? Either they're more sick than I think they are or the endorphin rush had them.

BEAST MODE
02-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Damn Kel-bel, that is some sick spinning. How was your weekend?

Kelly Baker
02-23-2009, 10:34 AM
Damn Kel-bel, that is some sick spinning. How was your weekend?

Hi Rich! Weekend was good, but having issues trying to keep my head above water at work. What else is new?

Monday
Shoulders, Active rest legs (butt), Grip, Cardio

Lying hip raise 3 x 20 with 6 pulses at the end of each 20
Rear extension lying face down 3 x 25 each leg
Upright row into overhead press 35 lbs 3 x 12 each
Grip pinch plate toss 10 lb plate 3 x 40
Rear extension with glute squeeze standing 3 x 15
Barbell front raise 35 lb bar 3 x 10
Finger hangs from squat rack 3 x 25 seconds
Rear delt flye 10 lb DB’s (because who the hell knows where the 12’s and 15’s went!) 3 x 12
Grip squeeze work using plate clamp 3 x 15
Lunges 3 x 15
Cable face pulls 100 lbs 3 x 12
He-Man holds 45 lb plate on each bar 3 x 15 seconds. Grip was FRIED today, but I think I got some quality work in
30 minute elliptical drill varying incline from 10-15-17-20 resistance level 5.

TRAQ 3D tonight!

BEAST MODE
02-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Good work Kelly! Don't you hate it when dumbbells are missing? That pisses me off.

Kelly Baker
02-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Good work Kelly! Don't you hate it when dumbbells are missing? That pisses me off.

Thanks! The thing is a lot of stuff has been going missing from that facility recently and I'm talking DB's larger than 12 and 15 lbs. How the hell those are getting taken out, I don't know. I might just switch gyms in the AM.

BEAST MODE
02-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks! The thing is a lot of stuff has been going missing from that facility recently and I'm talking DB's larger than 12 and 15 lbs. How the hell those are getting taken out, I don't know. I might just switch gyms in the AM.

Hmmm...strange. I'd be trying to sneak 100's out the door!

robert da strongman
02-23-2009, 05:42 PM
Hi Rich! Weekend was good, but having issues trying to keep my head above water at work. What else is new?

Monday
Shoulders, Active rest legs (butt), Grip, Cardio

Lying hip raise 3 x 20 with 6 pulses at the end of each 20
Rear extension lying face down 3 x 25 each leg
Upright row into overhead press 35 lbs 3 x 12 each
Grip pinch plate toss 10 lb plate 3 x 40
Rear extension with glute squeeze standing 3 x 15
Barbell front raise 35 lb bar 3 x 10
Finger hangs from squat rack 3 x 25 seconds
Rear delt flye 10 lb DB’s (because who the hell knows where the 12’s and 15’s went!) 3 x 12
Grip squeeze work using plate clamp 3 x 15
Lunges 3 x 15
Cable face pulls 100 lbs 3 x 12
He-Man holds 45 lb plate on each bar 3 x 15 seconds. Grip was FRIED today, but I think I got some quality work in
30 minute elliptical drill varying incline from 10-15-17-20 resistance level 5.

TRAQ 3D tonight!

nice training:D

Kelly Baker
02-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Monday PM
TRAQ 3D

Apparently, I am a toy to be played with. I show up at TRAQ and see two people I’ve never seen before, which always turns into a “test run” of sorts. I warmed up on the 5 minute Athlete warm-up (butt kicks and the like) ran the Endurance #1 squats, jumps, get backs, lunge in all directions, cutting, laterals, and ran a cool down that was similar to the Endurance #1 just shorter. Apparently because I wasn’t sweating profusely, or positively gasping for air, it was considered unusual. When asked about it, I just said “my training is pretty intense, so you’re not going to get a lot out of me”. Well…that earned me a go on the TRAQ 300 which is 300 reps total, timed, and the goal is to finish it as quickly as possible. I haven’t done it since last May, after a warm-up, with fresh legs, and certainly not after being walloped for 30 minutes already. My time in May was 17:09, my time last night was 14:41. Pretty freaking cool.

Tuesday
Legs

Squat exploding up onto toes 65 lbs 3 x 15
Manual DB ham curl 20 lb DB 3 x 15
Ab and Adductors on cable 10 lbs 3 x 15 each
Glute kickback 10 lbs 3 x 15
Hamstring cable kickback 30 lbs 3 x 15
Single leg hack squats 45 lbs 3 x 10
Step calf-raise drill 15 steps adding one raise each step
5 sets of running the stairs 42 steps in the flight

Valkyrie
02-24-2009, 09:48 AM
Quite the awesome time improvement! :D

BEAST MODE
02-24-2009, 10:37 AM
Good training Kelly-bean, and way to go on the time improvement!

robert da strongman
02-24-2009, 11:54 AM
awesome on the time!

Kelly Baker
02-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Quite the awesome time improvement! :D

Good training Kelly-bean, and way to go on the time improvement!

awesome on the time!

Thanks everyone! That time difference absolutely made my night. To do it tired, and destroy my previous time just tells me that my training is...er...on TRAQ as it were! :D

Gaoshang Xiongshou
02-24-2009, 02:18 PM
I have come to learn the appreciation for shaving even a second off of your time from listening to my younger brother talk about track and other runners, and they just run on level ground with no obstacles (except hurdles at times). So for you to bring it down by damn near three minutes on ANYTHING is truly awesome!!

musclegoddess65
02-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Damn Kelly.... that's a lotta minutes off your time girl!!!

Kelly Baker
02-25-2009, 09:41 AM
I have come to learn the appreciation for shaving even a second off of your time from listening to my younger brother talk about track and other runners, and they just run on level ground with no obstacles (except hurdles at times). So for you to bring it down by damn near three minutes on ANYTHING is truly awesome!!

Damn Kelly.... that's a lotta minutes off your time girl!!!

Thanks you two! It is a lot of minutes off my time, but the killer for me is that I did it this time tired and not on fresh legs. I could probably do it even faster if I worked the 300 first!

Wednesday
Back, abs, spinning

Manual pull-up BW (108 lbs) 3 x 4
Seated cable row 62.5 lbs 3 x 10
Lat pull station hitting minor muscles 25 lbs 3 x 12
Cable row station hitting minor muscles 12.5 lbs 3 x 12
Side plank raising and lowering hip 3 x 15
V-up 3 x 10
Double crunch legs at 90 degrees 3 x 15
Alternating leg raise 3 x 15

Spinning focused on speed today both seated and climbing. 45 minutes.

Unfortunately I get to drive to Columbus by myself. Blegh. The girl that was going to go with me got scheduled to work so now it's me by myself for a few really boring hours. Could be worse though, because I'm STILL GOING!

BEAST MODE
02-25-2009, 09:44 AM
Good workout Kelly! Sorry you have to drive there alone. I was going to make the 7 hour trip by myself, but decided against it.

Kelly Baker
02-25-2009, 02:47 PM
I have just extracted myself from a half-inch thick stack of medical information on one claim. Now on the the legal mail. *gag, choke, gasp*

Sorry...needed to gripe!

robert da strongman
02-25-2009, 03:46 PM
good training!!

haha gripe away!!
damn send some work to me..i am bored

musclegoddess65
02-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Rich drive to IL your more than welcome to ride along with me... I am going Saturday, staying Sat night coming back Sunday...

Kelly I'm going to try my best to be there at 9 I'll text ya....

BEAST MODE
02-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Rich drive to IL your more than welcome to ride along with me... I am going Saturday, staying Sat night coming back Sunday...

I'm actually on the IL side of the river in O'Fallon. It's still 7 hours from here. I actually decided not to go because I won't be done dieting by then. Next year I will go though. Come hell or high water, I will be there in 2010. Thanks for the offer though!

Kelly Baker
02-26-2009, 10:48 AM

Awesome! I'm looking forward to meeting you!

Kelly Baker
02-26-2009, 10:48 AM
Thursday
Chest, Active Rest legs, Cardio

Spider-man push-ups 3 x 12
Deep squats BW 3 x 15
Sissy squat BW 3 x 15
Plyometric incline push-up 3 x 10
Wide-stance pile squat BW 3 x 15
DB pull-overs 40 lb DB 3 x 10
Lying hip lifts w/glute squeeze 3 x 15
Decline push-up 3 x 10
Flutter and scissor kicks, leg muscles flexed HARD 3 x 20 each
30 minute HIIT elliptical drill making use of cross-ramp levels 10-15-20-and 17, resistance set at 5

I’ll be training legs with my training partner tonight, so I didn’t want to fry them too much this morning. This is where my fat storage is, and will be the biggest battle coming into condition for Natural Ohio.

BEAST MODE
02-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Good workout Kelly-bean! Don't you just love sissy squats? I almost did them this week to finish off the legs, but I could barely stand at the end of the workout, so I decided not to.

Kelly Baker
02-26-2009, 10:58 AM
Good workout Kelly-bean! Don't you just love sissy squats? I almost did them this week to finish off the legs, but I could barely stand at the end of the workout, so I decided not to.

Thanks! Sissy squats burn! lol

BEAST MODE
02-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Yes they do! A few weeks ago I supersetted them w/ stiff leg deads and I could barely balance myself to do the deads.

Kelly Baker
02-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Yes they do! A few weeks ago I supersetted them w/ stiff leg deads and I could barely balance myself to do the deads.

I will have to try that!

BEAST MODE
02-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Be careful when you do! I was pretty wobbly!

robert da strongman
02-26-2009, 12:50 PM
nice work!

enjoy the leg training!!

BEAST MODE
02-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Kel-bel, what are you doing? Sleeping? I am bored! You know how I get when I'm reading regs.....

Miss Muscle
02-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Kelly!!!!!!!!!!

Hi :)

I'm finally here!! I can not wait to see you In April! How is everything going? Training looks good!!!

Kelly Baker
02-27-2009, 11:56 AM
nice work!

enjoy the leg training!!

Thank you!

Kel-bel, what are you doing? Sleeping? I am bored! You know how I get when I'm reading regs.....

Sleeping?!?! If you don't have enough to do I will GLADLY volunteer some shit! I have a deposition on March 11, and mediation on the 17th along with my usual hearing prep, mail, and my seminar. LOL

Kelly!!!!!!!!!!

Hi :)

I'm finally here!! I can not wait to see you In April! How is everything going? Training looks good!!!

Hey Girl!!! Glad to see you! I can't wait to finally meet you in April! Things are going well and I should be able to hit my goal of reaching my best condition yet. You going to the Arnold?

Kelly Baker
02-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Thursday PM
Legs

Sumo squats on bench with 20 lb DB dropping low and coming up onto toes at top of the lift 3 x 20
Single leg deadlifts 15 lb DB’s 3 x 10 right into split squat 3 x 10 (this’ll make you shake, guarantee it)
Wide stance pile squat with 15 lb DB going as low as possible then coming up onto toes at the top of the lift 3 x 15
Jump squats with weight (5 lb DB’s) 3 x 20 (cussing involved here)
Glute cable kickback 10 lbs 3 x 15
Adductor 10 lbs 3 x 15
Rear lunge with rear extension and ankle weights 3 x 15

The idea with the first four items in this workout was to shock my system since its some different stuff than I’ve been using. I get to do it 2-3 times a week until show time. Kim, my training partner is also a PT and very pleased with the progress my legs have made since November. I’ve been at them daily since they are where I store fat and give me the biggest battle. She feels confident that in 5 weeks things are going to be looking the best they have yet for me. Best of all Kim, who has the same conditions I do, is being sponsored for this show and the October show by ImmunoHealth, the facility that turned our lives around. She is going to be all over their marketing information for athletes because of the very dramatic transformation she’s made. I am so, so, so pleased for her, as it’s a wonderful reward for all her hard work. Actually, my face still hurts from smiling when she told me about it. She’s been doing this a long time, first as a power lifter for years, and she’s been competing with the Tri-Fitness for years. She will do anything to help anyone, and I’m glad she can finally say she’s a sponsored athlete!

Friday
Bi’s/Tri’s, Legs, Cardio

So my ass shows signs of going to be on fire from last night. Since I’m supposed to do those drills 2-3 times a week…you KNOW I did it again this morning. I predict a painful weekend…

Manual chin up 3 x 5
Manual dip 3 x 12
Sumo squat 20 lb DB 3 x 20
Grip change bicep drill 35 lb barbell;
1. Natural grip 10
2. 4 inches beyond shoulders 10
3. 2 inches beyond shoulders 8
4. Shoulder width 6
5. Narrow grip 6

You do these with only enough time to change your grip. It sucks at the end, but I think ultimately worth it.

Single leg deads into split squat 10 each 15 lb DB’s
Double skull crusher 3 x 12
Wide stance pile squat into calf raise 15 lb DB 3 x 15
Weighted jump squat 3 x 20 5 lb plates (cursing VERY fluently at this point)
Tricep cable extension, reverse grip 20 lbs 3 x 10

And as if that weren’t enough fun and games…
20 minute HIIT treadmill drill (alternating sprints and hill climbs)
10 minutes forward incline walking 3.5 mph raising incline every 2 minutes
10 minutes backward incline walking at 1.8 mph (because I’m not that coordinated)

I am now at work, sitting in my cube, thinking that life is great until I stand up to walk. Then…my ass, my hips, and all the little small connecting goodies thereabout try to kill me all at once. I am deliriously happy…

Training “R” tomorrow!

robert da strongman
02-27-2009, 12:10 PM
wow what a load of work!!

BEAST MODE
02-27-2009, 12:13 PM

x2...that is a shit ton of work Kel-bel! You are an animal! My legs are still kind of sore from Monday!

And about your work you'd like to send me. I would be glad to help, but I'm sure you want to keep your job.

Kelly Baker
02-27-2009, 12:18 PM

I don't f*** around in the gym... :)

x2...that is a shit ton of work Kel-bel! You are an animal! My legs are still kind of sore from Monday!

And about your work you'd like to send me. I would be glad to help, but I'm sure you want to keep your job.

Oh I hurt, and I will hurt even more in a day or so and I don't care.

I will keep my job, because I have more to do than I have hours in a day... I will enjoy seeing this particular worm squirm during his deposition though.

Miss Muscle
02-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Hey Girl!!! Glad to see you! I can't wait to finally meet you in April! Things are going well and I should be able to hit my goal of reaching my best condition yet. You going to the Arnold?

Thats Awesome!! I am so happy for you! :)

and YES I'll be there Saturday and Sunday!

Sistersteel
02-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Hey Kelly! Thought I would drop by and show some support! I will be dropping by often to check out your progress :)

Kelly Baker
02-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Thats Awesome!! I am so happy for you! :)

and YES I'll be there Saturday and Sunday!

Great! I'm there on Saturday, but will have Figure posing practice to contend with at some point. lol Kim and I are working with another Tri-Fit girl who competes in Figure, so she's teaching us. :p

Hey Kelly! Thought I would drop by and show some support! I will be dropping by often to check out your progress :)

Hi! Thanks for stopping in! Normally, I'm a Tri-Fitness competitor but I'm trying Figure out for the first time here in April. Lots to learn!

musclegoddess65
02-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Kelly I get tired just reading the stuff you do!

You are going to do great in figure lady, just great!!!

BEAST MODE
03-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Kel Kel, you disappeared over the weekend! Everything OK?

**blondie**
03-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Hey Sweetie! How have you been?

Kelly Baker
03-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Kelly I get tired just reading the stuff you do!

You are going to do great in figure lady, just great!!!

Thanks! I sooo hope I do well! I'm going to meet my goal of my best condition yet, it's just a question of how good it's going to be....

Kel Kel, you disappeared over the weekend! Everything OK?

I needed a computer-free weekend. Last week at work was a nightmare, and this week is shaping up no better. Oh...and I got to visit my In-Laws which SOMEONE refused to tell me until we were about to go over there due to my immediate disintigration into surly bitch whenever I have to deal with them. He is in trouble.... :mad:

Hey Sweetie! How have you been?

Hey girl! Doing well, just getting caught up now!

Kelly Baker
03-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Saturday
Trained “R”

Incline press 30 lb DB’s 3 x 10
Incline Flye 15 lb DB’s 3 x 12
Upright row 20 lb DB’s 3 x 10
Lateral raises 12 lb DB’s 3 x 10
Shrugs 50 lb DB’s (guess who forgot straps again) 3 x 10
DB pull overs 40 lbs 3 x 10
Single arm DB rows 40 lbs 3 x 10
Concentration curl 20 lbs 3 x 8
Tricep pull downs 70 lbs 3 x 6
15 minutes reverse elliptical sprint drill

Monday
Shoulders, Legs, Cardio
Arnold Press 20 lb DB’s 3 x 10
8-8-8’s w/ 8 lb DB’s 3 sets
Cable face pulls 100 lbs 3 x 10
Around the world’s 5 lb plates 3 x 10
Sumo squat pushing up onto toes at top of lift 20 lb DB 3 x 20
Single leg deadlift into split squat 12 lb DB’s (who knows where the other 15 lb DB went) 3 x 10 each
Wide leg pile squat with calf raise 15 lb DB 3 x 15
Weighted jump squat 5 lb plates 3 x 20
20 minutes 30 second sprint drill on elliptical at resistance level 5
7 sets of stairs (42 steps in the flight)

Ok, so I'm going to hit my goal of best condition yet for a show which means that I'll soon be able to purchase my "reward". A pound of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee. Very good, and VERY expensive!

BEAST MODE
03-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Great workouts Kelly! You're tearin it up! Sorry to hear about your not so fun weekend w/ the in-laws. I'm glad I don't have those to deal w/. And hopefully your week will turn around. Are you going to have nice weather up there this week?

Kelly Baker
03-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Great workouts Kelly! You're tearin it up! Sorry to hear about your not so fun weekend w/ the in-laws. I'm glad I don't have those to deal w/. And hopefully your week will turn around. Are you going to have nice weather up there this week?

Thanks Rich! I HAVE TO tear it up. I will not let my genetics wreck this for me, not this time! My In-Laws suck. They are the most ignorant, annoying people ever. The only reason Jason turned out any good is because he was by himself so much. Weather is sucking right now at 13 degrees, but we are supposed to warm up by the end of the week so it appears to be another good weekend for the Arnold this year.

BEAST MODE
03-02-2009, 12:43 PM
13 degrees...ouch! I think it was like 25 this morning and I was freezing!

musclegoddess65
03-02-2009, 07:12 PM
well I guess he had his reasons for not forewarning you :)

training looks GREAT!!! how is your co-worker doing?

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-03-2009, 11:10 AM
I just thought I would stop by and mention that I did those Barbell Lunges that I told you about a while ago this past Friday at the gym. Of course, people looked at me strangely, and one of the trainers there applauded me even :)

BEAST MODE
03-03-2009, 11:14 AM
What are these barbell lunges GX? I'm always looking for new ways to blast my legs.

Kelly Baker
03-03-2009, 12:48 PM
well I guess he had his reasons for not forewarning you :)

training looks GREAT!!! how is your co-worker doing?

Yes...he knows how much I HATE his parents and that I'm a surly, evil, bitch whenever I have to deal with them. I behave myself at their house, but I do take it out on everyone around me when I'm not.

"R" is doing well. I still find it disturbing how weak he actually is, but he is certainly improving. I gave him his training split in supersets yesterday with the weights he's been using indicated. He wants to get brave about making sure he gets there without me around as well.

I just thought I would stop by and mention that I did those Barbell Lunges that I told you about a while ago this past Friday at the gym. Of course, people looked at me strangely, and one of the trainers there applauded me even :)

Those would obliterate my knees. I still haven't given that a shot because I have a nasty feeling that surgery would follow.

What are these barbell lunges GX? I'm always looking for new ways to blast my legs.

Sumo squats on two weight benches getting your @$$ as low as it'll go. Super set that with single legged deads into split squat. Your legs'll shake for sure!

Kelly Baker
03-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Tuesday
Legs

Front squat 55 lbs 3 x 15
Split squat 20 lb DB’s 3 x 15
Bridge 3 x 15
Jump squat (weighted 5 lb plates) 3 x 15
Deadlift 55 lbs 3 x 15
Stability ball ham curl 3 x 15
Glute kickback with JumpStretch band 3 x 15
Box jumps 3 x 15

TRAQ 3D tonight! No cardio this morning due to how long it takes to run this workout. It’s ALWAYS longer than I think!

right so...work sucks. I am busier than I have time for and I'm going to pull my hair out, kill someone, or both. This isn't going to taper in the least until the end of April and I have a seminar that I'm putting together that'll be in June. Due to this horrific mess, I will NOT be playing in the orchestra next year and right now I don't care. I need time to detox and the huge time commitment orchestra represents won't be doing me any favors.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-03-2009, 12:56 PM

Ancient Chinese secret :D

I will show you in Florida!

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Those would obliterate my knees. I still haven't given that a shot because I have a nasty feeling that surgery would follow.

That is no fun :(

BEAST MODE
03-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Those squats sound painful Kel-bel!

Good leg work today. Don't let the stress get to you. Focus on your competition. Work pays the bills. That's the only thing I think of work right now. Hope my bosses don't find out!

BEAST MODE
03-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Ancient Chinese secret :D

I will show you in Florida!

Haha, sounds good. We'll need to do this before we start drinking to avoid injury.

robert da strongman
03-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Tuesday
Legs

Front squat 55 lbs 3 x 15
Split squat 20 lb DB’s 3 x 15
Bridge 3 x 15
Jump squat (weighted 5 lb plates) 3 x 15
Deadlift 55 lbs 3 x 15
Stability ball ham curl 3 x 15
Glute kickback with JumpStretch band 3 x 15
Box jumps 3 x 15

TRAQ 3D tonight! No cardio this morning due to how long it takes to run this workout. It’s ALWAYS longer than I think!

right so...work sucks. I am busier than I have time for and I'm going to pull my hair out, kill someone, or both. This isn't going to taper in the least until the end of April and I have a seminar that I'm putting together that'll be in June. Due to this horrific mess, I will NOT be playing in the orchestra next year and right now I don't care. I need time to detox and the huge time commitment orchestra represents won't be doing me any favors.

nice training!
breathe deep and relax....then drink a fifth of vodka...haha

BEAST MODE
03-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Bobert, we want her to live bro! Think of how little Kel Kel is. A fifth would destroy her.

You'll be ok Kelly. Just breathe deep like the big man said. Go to your happy place.

Kelly Baker
03-03-2009, 03:46 PM
That is no fun :(

No. I've a pre-existing knee injury from 16 years ago that I've got to watch VERY closely.

Those squats sound painful Kel-bel!

Good leg work today. Don't let the stress get to you. Focus on your competition. Work pays the bills. That's the only thing I think of work right now. Hope my bosses don't find out!

The stress is killing me. The work-load is getting heavier and heavier, and there's no relief in sight for any of us. That's the worst part. This is going to go on and get worse prior to the competition and finally taper off a little bit at the end of April.

robert da strongman
03-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Bobert, we want her to live bro! Think of how little Kel Kel is. A fifth would destroy her.

You'll be ok Kelly. Just breathe deep like the big man said. Go to your happy place.

true..send me the fifth. i will drink it and come in to your office like the raging hulk. :p

Kelly Baker
03-03-2009, 03:51 PM
true..send me the fifth. i will drink it and come in to your office like the raging hulk. :p

You can have it since I can't drink anyway. Alcoholic tendencies and all...

My happy place currently involves telling anyone who is within ear-shot exactly what I think. Good thing my social filter is still working....

robert da strongman
03-03-2009, 03:54 PM

My happy place currently involves telling anyone who is within ear-shot exactly what I think. Good thing my social filter is still working....

my filter isnt...i feel evil.
someone give me a freaking candy bar....the lack of carbs sucks

BEAST MODE
03-03-2009, 03:56 PM

We don't have anything really heavy in here for you to lift. Maybe the printer/fax. It's pretty large and awkward. That would be funny. I am picturing it.

RX is my happy place.

Kelly Baker
03-03-2009, 03:59 PM
my filter isnt...i feel evil.
someone give me a freaking candy bar....the lack of carbs sucks

No shit...if I could have one. I've nearly passed out 3 times the last 3 times I've stood up from the shift in my blood pressure.

We don't have anything really heavy in here for you to lift. Maybe the printer/fax. It's pretty large and awkward. That would be funny. I am picturing it.

RX is my happy place.

I feel like I could pick up and throw just about anything at the moment.

Even RX and MD are irritating me right now and we KNOW that isn't normal.

BEAST MODE
03-03-2009, 04:02 PM
No that is not normal at all. I sowwy Kel kel.

robert da strongman
03-03-2009, 04:05 PM
yeah relax.

take a break....

hide in the toilet...

jedi master says "you need a vacation"

waves hand....

"florida in april"

BEAST MODE
03-03-2009, 04:10 PM
Yes! Florida in April!

Hiding in the toilet is a great strategy to escape the evils of work for a while. I may use it this afternoon.

Kelly Baker
03-03-2009, 04:15 PM
yeah relax.

take a break....

hide in the toilet...

jedi master says "you need a vacation"

waves hand....

"florida in april"

Does the jedi master have a winning lottery ticket that will make that possible? :D

Yes! Florida in April!

Hiding in the toilet is a great strategy to escape the evils of work for a while. I may use it this afternoon.

I need to try that. Right now I feel like I'm being strangled by all that needs to be done. I'm horribly exhausted at the end of the week and the last few Fridays, haven't felt well at all. I should schedule a vacation day, but I have so much to do I don't know if it'll hurt or help...

BEAST MODE
03-03-2009, 04:23 PM
You gotta give yourself a break Kel. Listen to your body.

robert da strongman
03-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Does the jedi master have a winning lottery ticket that will make that possible? :D

I need to try that. Right now I feel like I'm being strangled by all that needs to be done. I'm horribly exhausted at the end of the week and the last few Fridays, haven't felt well at all. I should schedule a vacation day, but I have so much to do I don't know if it'll hurt or help...

pack a bag and just go somewhere.
work is not worth the stress. take a long weekend...

Kelly Baker
03-03-2009, 04:27 PM
You gotta give yourself a break Kel. Listen to your body.

That's the funniest part. My training and my body are responding GREAT, my mind is shot...:eek:

BEAST MODE
03-03-2009, 04:30 PM
pack a bag and just go somewhere.
work is not worth the stress. take a long weekend...

What Rob said.

That's the funniest part. My training and my body are responding GREAT, my mind is shot...:eek:

Same thing applies bud. Give it a break. If you've got vacation days, take one. That's why they're there.

robert da strongman
03-03-2009, 04:34 PM

then that is the stress of work....get away....

and i dont know your situation but it is really dirt cheap to get to florida.

but just take a nice drive out of town. go to a state park, stay at one of the inns they have. indiana has a ton.

BEAST MODE
03-03-2009, 04:35 PM
then that is the stress of work....get away....

and i dont know your situation but it is really dirt cheap to get to florida.

but just take a nice drive out of town. go to a state park, stay at one of the inns they have. indiana has a ton.

This is true.

You need a release Kelly.

robert da strongman
03-03-2009, 04:39 PM
This is true.

You need a release Kelly.

there is one north of fort wayne and auburn...great place. tobaggon slide in the winter.

Kelly Baker
03-03-2009, 04:50 PM
All right, all right...I get only 16 vacation days to play with. Right now 4 are scheduled. I'm trying to hold open time for Vegas, the second Natural Ohio Show in October, and Tampa. Since the situation we have going on here at work comes to a head in April, I'm not able to come to Florida to watch the show due to the volume we'll be dealing with. I will think about scheduling a vaca day on Friday because you guys are brow-beating me! LOL I do go to the Arnold this weekend at least.

robert da strongman
03-03-2009, 04:53 PM
All right, all right...I get only 16 vacation days to play with. Right now 4 are scheduled. I'm trying to hold open time for Vegas, the second Natural Ohio Show in October, and Tampa. Since the situation we have going on here at work comes to a head in April, I'm not able to come to Florida to watch the show due to the volume we'll be dealing with. I will think about scheduling a vaca day on Friday because you guys are brow-beating me! LOL I do go to the Arnold this weekend at least.

good...take a long weekend and enjoy the arnold

when is tampa? i will have to come out for that.

Kelly Baker
03-03-2009, 04:57 PM
good...take a long weekend and enjoy the arnold

when is tampa? i will have to come out for that.

Tampa is always around Veteran's Day. If last year is any indication, it will be November 6-8th this year. It'd be great to have you there if you could make it! Even though right now it looks like I won't be able to afford to go to Vegas, I'm still training for it just in case. I'd have to be in savings too much to go and my car isn't getting any younger or getting any less milage on it. Plus, we have ice-damming damage to the house that needs to be addressed.

BEAST MODE
03-03-2009, 05:00 PM
When are you heading to Columbus Kelly?

robert da strongman
03-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Tampa is always around Veteran's Day. If last year is any indication, it will be November 6-8th this year. It'd be great to have you there if you could make it! Even though right now it looks like I won't be able to afford to go to Vegas, I'm still training for it just in case. I'd have to be in savings too much to go and my car isn't getting any younger or getting any less milage on it. Plus, we have ice-damming damage to the house that needs to be addressed.

can do that in november!!

yeah funny how life can get in the way

Kelly Baker
03-03-2009, 05:05 PM
When are you heading to Columbus Kelly?

Saturday AM...EARLY! I intend to get there prior to doors opening at 9 to get a good parking spot and get a jump on picking up the stuff I need to get at the Expo before it gets packed out. Plus, I'm meeting my training partner there and another girl from Tri-Fit. We are going to have "posing practice" at some point, because Char has won several NPC Figure events and will teach Kim and I what to. That'll take some time out of the day and means I need to bring a suit and my heels.

can do that in november!!

yeah funny how life can get in the way

Kinda sucks. There are so many days where I think how easy it was to just rent!

Off to training at TRAQ guys! Thanks for talking me off the ledge! :)

BEAST MODE
03-03-2009, 05:12 PM
You are welcome Kel! Hope TRAQ goes well!

Miss Muscle
03-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Saturday AM...EARLY! I intend to get there prior to doors opening at 9 to get a good parking spot and get a jump on picking up the stuff I need to get at the Expo before it gets packed out. Plus, I'm meeting my training partner there and another girl from Tri-Fit. We are going to have "posing practice" at some point, because Char has won several NPC Figure events and will teach Kim and I what to. That'll take some time out of the day and means I need to bring a suit and my heels.

I want to meet up with you!!! I will be there early too!!!!

Gerb
03-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Hi Kelly, just stopping by to see what has been going on. Training looks great.

musclegoddess65
03-03-2009, 06:39 PM
I have a feeling as stressed as you are... you freaking killed it at TRAQ..

looking forward to meeting up with ya at some point this weekend!

Kelly Baker
03-04-2009, 12:39 PM
You are welcome Kel! Hope TRAQ goes well!

It did, thanks! Vacation day is scheduled, by the way.

I want to meet up with you!!! I will be there early too!!!!

I'll PM you my cell number. Looks like I'm going to have a LOT of people to try to catch up with! lol

Hi Kelly, just stopping by to see what has been going on. Training looks great.

Thanks Steve!

I have a feeling as stressed as you are... you freaking killed it at TRAQ..

looking forward to meeting up with ya at some point this weekend!

They tweaked my program a bit at TRAQ, in a good way. One of the drills (Mini-T) was glitchy so they took it out.

Looking forward to meeting up with you too! I'm betting I'm down there all day on Saturday now. :) Lots of folks to try to catch up with, but I definitly want to meet you all!

Kelly Baker
03-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Tuesday PM
TRAQ 3D
Did Bootcamp warm-up number 4 consisting of push-ups, squats, lunges, laterals, get backs, and jump drills
My program was tweaked slightly, taking out Mini-T drills and adding the use of a Core-ball during lunge and squat drills. This program starts with two jump drills followed by laterals mimicking the shuttle run, complete with touch down at each end. Program progresses to get back and reaction drills for foot speed, lunging and squatting with Core-ball for some extra ab work, and finishes with foot speed drills. The TRAQ staff is going to be modifying my program in this final prep phase as the diet starts to affect me more, and has “threatened” to come see the show on the 4th. lol

Wednesday
Legs, Spinning, abs and back

Sumo squat with calf raise 20 lb DB 3 x 20
Single leg deadlift into split squat 12 lb DB’s 3 x 10 each
Wide legged pile squat 15 lb DB 3 x 15
Weighted Jump squats with 5 lb plates 3 x 20

Spin class climbing focus
Gave them a 5 minute warm-up followed by two sets of this drill. Seated climb into switchbacks, ending with a max seated climb, 5 minutes of speed intervals, and standing climb into max standing climb. This took 45 minutes total.

Abs
Oblique v-up 3 x 15
Prone “lat pull” 3 x 15
Double crunch 3 x 15
Contra-lateral work 3 x 15

BEAST MODE
03-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Good training Kel-bel! When is your vacation day?

Kelly Baker
03-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Good training Kel-bel! When is your vacation day?

Friday like I promised it would be. Told my boss, Mike (who is a really kick-ass guy) that I was exhausted and starting to not feel so hot (true, cuz I need more sleep) and he was cool with it. Good thing too since I'll be up early on Saturday to make the Arnold by 9! :D

BEAST MODE
03-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Glad you took the day off bud. You deserve it!

Kelly Baker
03-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Thursday
Chest, Back, Legs, Cardio

Flat bench 75 lbs 3 x 10
Cable row 50 lbs 3 x 12
Closed leg squat BW 3 x 15
“minors” for back at low cable row station 12.5 lbs 3 x12
Quick knee raise with jumpstretch flex bands 3 x 15 each leg
Double cable lat pull 60 lbs on each side 3 x 10
Glute kick back 10 lbs 3 x 15
Ab and adductors at cable station 10 lbs 3 x 15
Pec deck flye 30 lbs holding 5 second count each rep 2 x 10
30 minute elliptical drill making use of varying crossramps 10-15-17-and 20 with resistance level 5

TRAQ 3D tonight

Weighed in at 107.4 lbs this morning which is the lowest weight I’ve hit since my initial weight-loss 11 years ago. Obviously, my body composition this time around is vastly different. I am starting to feel the diet effects of fatigue and I am having to fight harder on my weights in the weight room. I expect in the coming weeks I will have to drop the weights down a tad, but I intend to wait as long as possible.

BEAST MODE
03-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Good work Kel! And way to go on the weight loss! You are trudgin right along!

Kelly Baker
03-05-2009, 10:35 AM
Good work Kel! And way to go on the weight loss! You are trudgin right along!

Yep. Started at 114 and now down to 107 with about 4 weeks to go. Seems odd to be down so much lower than my Tri-Fit weigh ins....

BEAST MODE
03-05-2009, 10:37 AM
You are going to post pics from your show right?

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Thursday

Flat bench 75 lbs 3 x 10
Cable row 50 lbs 3 x 12
30 minute elliptical drill making use of varying crossramps 10-15-17-and 20 with resistance level 5

TRAQ 3D tonight

Weighed in at 107.4 lbs this morning which is the lowest weight I’ve hit since my initial weight-loss 11 years ago. Obviously, my body composition this time around is vastly different. I am starting to feel the diet effects of fatigue and I am having to fight harder on my weights in the weight room. I expect in the coming weeks I will have to drop the weights down a tad, but I intend to wait as long as possible.

If it happens, it happens. But you are still pushing through, so that it what counts!

Kelly Baker
03-05-2009, 10:38 AM
You are going to post pics from your show right?

Well...any that we take back-stage, yes. They will actually be available on MD since they are one of the mags covering the contest.

BEAST MODE
03-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Oh cool! Can't wait to see them!

musclegoddess65
03-05-2009, 08:39 PM
if at all possible I am going to try and make it to Kelly's show so if I do there will be pics from her on stage posted!! if she is ok with that of course....

BEAST MODE
03-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Kel Kel I have a funny dog story for you. My parents' neighbors are building another level on top of their pole barn and they've built stairs on the outside to get up there so they can work. The other neighbors have a golden and it's got a little black and white mixed breed friend that it runs around w/. So my mom came home from work today and told me to look at the neighbors' roof. Those 2 dogs had climbed the staircase and were walking around on the roof of the house while the guy was up there working. It is absolutely hilarious! They must think they're billy goats.

Kelly Baker
03-06-2009, 05:55 PM
if at all possible I am going to try and make it to Kelly's show so if I do there will be pics from her on stage posted!! if she is ok with that of course....

Sure, why not? If I'm busting my ass this hard, might as well! :D

Kel Kel I have a funny dog story for you. My parents' neighbors are building another level on top of their pole barn and they've built stairs on the outside to get up there so they can work. The other neighbors have a golden and it's got a little black and white mixed breed friend that it runs around w/. So my mom came home from work today and told me to look at the neighbors' roof. Those 2 dogs had climbed the staircase and were walking around on the roof of the house while the guy was up there working. It is absolutely hilarious! They must think they're billy goats.

That is too funny! Someone should've taken picutures! LOL My friend's Siberian Husky did that. She jumped from the deck to the roof of the garage and couldn't figure out how to come down. She was happy as a clam when someone had to climb up on a ladder to get her.

Kelly Baker
03-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Friday
Bi's/Tri's, Legs, Cardio

I was at Urban Active today since I took a vacation day from work. Their cable plates are heavier than the Y.

Cable curl 15 lbs 3 x 6
Tricep Dips (manual at BW) 3 x 12
Hammer curl 20 lbs 3 x 8
Tricep pull down, reverse grip (cable station) 10 lbs 3 x 6
Single leg deadlift into split squat 12.5 lb DB's 3 x 10 each
Concentration curl 20 lb DB 3 x 8
Skull crusher 35 lb DB 3 x 10
Pile squat with calf raise 15 lb DB 3 x 15
Close grip preacher curl 30 lb bar 3 x 8
Skull crusher 30 lb bar 3 x 10
Weighted jump squats 5 lb plates 3 x 20 (these suck)

30 minutes walking on the treadmill punching up the incline every 2 minutes watching the end of Mission Impossible 2. I love the Cardio Cinema!

All right! I am off to get my food prepped and packed for Columbus!

BEAST MODE
03-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Good dog story Kel-bel! They are too funny! I love the cardio cinema too! But when a-holes come in there and have a conversation over the movie, I want to stab them. There's another room for that purpose, but apparently they are too stupid to realize that.

musclegoddess65
03-06-2009, 09:55 PM
mmmm cardio cinema??? what is that??? a movie theatre in your gym??? do tell....

yeah!!! Kelly took a day off!!!!

IRONURSE
03-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Thursday

Flat bench 75 lbs 3 x 10
Cable row 50 lbs 3 x 12

TRAQ 3D tonight

Awesome! You're doing great! :)
By the way, how long did this workout take you?

BEAST MODE
03-07-2009, 08:10 AM
mmmm cardio cinema??? what is that??? a movie theatre in your gym??? do tell....

Yes! A movie theatre w/ lots of cardio equipment in it. You just go in there and knock out cardio to whatever movie is playing that day. Unfortunately, there are dipshits who think it's a place to carry on a conversation over the movie. These are most likely the same people who do this in a regular movie theatre that you want to turn around and stab in the face. BUT...it's pretty sweet when they're not in there! :D

musclegoddess65
03-07-2009, 09:28 PM
now that sounds like a great way to get thru some cardio... when I first went from 215 down.... I would rent a movie but I was only allowed to watch it when I was on my treadmill...

musclegoddess65
03-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Kelly is gonna kick ass on stage... my gosh she is a little powerhouse...

got to meet her today at the expo, what a sweet lady!!! and when you see how tiny she is and read all she does on a training day... good lord!

BEAST MODE
03-07-2009, 09:33 PM
I want to meet Kel Kel! She is so fun on here!

Kelly Baker
03-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Good dog story Kel-bel! They are too funny! I love the cardio cinema too! But when a-holes come in there and have a conversation over the movie, I want to stab them. There's another room for that purpose, but apparently they are too stupid to realize that.

People are really good about shutting up in the Cardio Cinema at Urban. Probably because there's plenty of equipment all over the gym so they can converse anywhere.

You would LOVE the cardio cinema. Fitworks and Urban both have one and it's the best way to knock out straight cardio. They had World Trade Center on yesterday. That was rough to watch.

Awesome! You're doing great! :)
By the way, how long did this workout take you?

Thank you! I'm 3 weeks from show time and trying to be competition ready at the 2 week mark. Double cardio starts today and I HATE that! Typically my workouts take about 90 minutes to 2 hours. I train before work, so at 5:30 I'm in the gym and heading back to the locker room by about 7:15 or so to get showered and such.

Kelly is gonna kick ass on stage... my gosh she is a little powerhouse...

got to meet her today at the expo, what a sweet lady!!! and when you see how tiny she is and read all she does on a training day... good lord!

Kim thank you so much! You are such a sweetheart and just a beautiful person! Guys, Kim is going to ROCK in September.

I want to meet Kel Kel! She is so fun on here!

I'm not too much fun in person depending on the minute though. The diet is making me REAL irritable. Saturday I was happy all day because I was surrounded by people just like me. Sunday...Grrr.

Kelly Baker
03-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Saturday
Kettlebell training 15 lb kettlebell

Swings 3 x 10
Clean and press 3 x 10
Squat and kick 3 x 10
Deadlifts 3 x 10
Heel touch 3 x 10
Seated shouler press 3 x 10
V-up 3 x 10
Skull crusher 3 x 10

Sunday
Legs, Cardio

Sumo squats with calf raise 20 lb DB 3 x 20
Single leg deadlifts and split squats 15 lb DB’s 3 x 10 each
Weighted jump squats 5 lb DB’s 3 x 20
Glute kickback at cable station 5 lbs 3 x 15 (cable plates at Urban are heavier than the Y. Probably because they are new)
Abduction 5 lbs 3 x 15
45 minutes on elliptical 15 sprinting backward, 15 sprinting forward, 15 at a steady pace. All sprints were 15 seconds long.

Monday
Shoulders, Legs, Cardio

2-a-day sessions on cardio now until the competition. Yahoo.

Plate raises 25 lb plate 3 x 10
Mountain climbers with jump stretch bands at full extension 3 x 30
Lateral raises 12 lb DB’s 3 x 8
Knee raises with Jump stretch bands at full extension 3 x 15
Upright row into overhead press 35 lb bar 3 x 12 each
Pull-throughs using Jump stretch bands 3 x 15
Face-pulls 100 lbs 3 x 10
Adductors 10 lbs 3 x 15
Rear delt flye 15 lb DB’s 3 x 8
Cable ham kickback 30 lbs 3 x 15
30 minute elliptical drill utilizing crossramps 10-15-17-20 and resistance level 5
5 sets of stair sprints (42 step flight)

I’ll be heading to Urban Active tonight for cardio session 2. I’d like to do my HIIT work in the morning and my steady paced work at night.

It was so good to meet the folks that I met at the Arnold. It’s nice to finally have seen people face-to-face and I enjoyed meeting you all!

BEAST MODE
03-09-2009, 11:43 AM
How was working out in Columbus Kel Kel? Crowded?

Kelly Baker
03-09-2009, 11:50 AM
How was working out in Columbus Kel Kel? Crowded?

I don't know, because I didn't work out there. :) I only day tripped in and trained kettlebell before I left Saturday AM. (at 4 AM actually) I'm seriously considering staying down there next year. Sunday's workout was at Urban Active in Westlake.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-09-2009, 11:54 AM
I don't know, because I didn't work out there. :) I only day tripped in and trained kettlebell before I left Saturday AM. (at 4 AM actually) I'm seriously considering staying down there next year. Sunday's workout was at Urban Active in Westlake.

Yes you should :)

BEAST MODE
03-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Oh I see. Well aren't you just dedicated? I don't think I could work out up there during that weekend. It'd just be too damn busy and crowded. I'm definitely going next year. No excuses. I will be there. Even if I have to make the 7 hour trip alone, I will be there.

Kelly Baker
03-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Yes you should :)

Are you going to be there next year? You'd better be!

Oh I see. Well aren't you just dedicated? I don't think I could work out up there during that weekend. It'd just be too damn busy and crowded. I'm definitely going next year. No excuses. I will be there. Even if I have to make the 7 hour trip alone, I will be there.

Dedicated, driven, sick...3 weeks out. It all blends together... :)

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Are you going to be there next year? You'd better be!

I will be there :D

BEAST MODE
03-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Well you're doing what you have to do, so that's good! Wish I could make it to your comp bud! I'd love to be there cheering for you!

Kelly Baker
03-09-2009, 12:13 PM
I will be there :D

March 5-7 2010. I'll be looking for you! :D

Well you're doing what you have to do, so that's good! Wish I could make it to your comp bud! I'd love to be there cheering for you!

Yeah...kinda crazy how that is. I just look forward to competing so much since I like to push myself and see where I can go. So many changes have occurred for me already, that I just want to see what I can do! It'd be cool if you could be there, but we'll hang at the Arnold next year! :D

BEAST MODE
03-09-2009, 12:16 PM
March 5-7 2010. I'll be looking for you! :D

Yeah...kinda crazy how that is. I just look forward to competing so much since I like to push myself and see where I can go. So many changes have occurred for me already, that I just want to see what I can do! It'd be cool if you could be there, but we'll hang at the Arnold next year! :D

Yeah, I was thinking about it, and if I'm where I want to be by then, I may try to make it. Just depends how the diet goes. It's April 4th right?

Kelly Baker
03-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Yeah, I was thinking about it, and if I'm where I want to be by then, I may try to make it. Just depends how the diet goes. It's April 4th right?

Yep! April 4th. If you can't spend the money, no sweat as the pics'll be posted for all to see. I'll be more nervous with people I know out there anyway. Er...the Mayor of Cleveland trains at one of my gyms and has told me he might come to the show as has the TRAQ staff. :eek: I'm used to walking onstage where no-one knows me, so this'll be a little more nerve-wracking.

robert da strongman
03-09-2009, 12:21 PM
howdy...

BEAST MODE
03-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Yep! April 4th. If you can't spend the money, no sweat as the pics'll be posted for all to see. I'll be more nervous with people I know out there anyway. Er...the Mayor of Cleveland trains at one of my gyms and has told me he might come to the show as has the TRAQ staff. :eek: I'm used to walking onstage where no-one knows me, so this'll be a little more nerve-wracking.

The money wouldn't be an issue. It's the damn diet. My last bit of fat is being extremely stubborn right now. Doesn't look like it'll be off by your comp. But if it somehow disappears by then, I'll try to make it. Kim's coming, isn't she?

Kelly Baker
03-09-2009, 12:30 PM
howdy...

How's my favorite strongman? :)

The money wouldn't be an issue. It's the damn diet. My last bit of fat is being extremely stubborn right now. Doesn't look like it'll be off by your comp. But if it somehow disappears by then, I'll try to make it. Kim's coming, isn't she?

Kim said she's going to try to come, yes. I wish I had a guestroom so that people could just stay at my place, but we don't. We moved into our house from a 1 bedroom apartment and since the hubby and I like EXPENSIVE modern furniture, the house is a little bare.

BEAST MODE
03-09-2009, 12:33 PM
How's my favorite strongman? :)

Kim said she's going to try to come, yes. I wish I had a guestroom so that people could just stay at my place, but we don't. We moved into our house from a 1 bedroom apartment and since the hubby and I like EXPENSIVE modern furniture, the house is a little bare.

What about Sitka's room? Haha...

I reckon there are hotels close by, right?

Kelly Baker
03-09-2009, 12:38 PM
What about Sitka's room? Haha...

I reckon there are hotels close by, right?

Sitka's room is also the "dumping ground" for random stuff. LOL Plenty of hotels nearby, yes.

BEAST MODE
03-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Oh I bet he really appreciates that Kelly! Poor little gecko has a junk room!

Kelly Baker
03-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Oh I bet he really appreciates that Kelly! Poor little gecko has a junk room!

He thinks it's all "his". If it's in that room it's "his"! Lunchtime!!! :D

Fit_5"3
03-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Hey Kelly. Thanks for stopping in my journal!

Best of luck with your first figure comp! Don't you just love the diet?

I've always been curious about WTF. Never been to an event.

I'll be following along! Best of luck!

robert da strongman
03-09-2009, 01:15 PM
strongman doing good
pumped after watching Derek destroy that dumbbell

Valkyrie
03-09-2009, 01:34 PM
You're so good. You trained...and I took a break. *Blushes*

Kelly Baker
03-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Hey Kelly. Thanks for stopping in my journal!

Best of luck with your first figure comp! Don't you just love the diet?

I've always been curious about WTF. Never been to an event.

I'll be following along! Best of luck!

Hi! Thanks for stopping in! This'll be interesteting to do Figure and at a local show. Usually, I'm not where anyone who knows me can see me when walking around half-naked on stage. We diet down for WTF as well, just don't dehydrate like you do for Figure because you'll die on the obstacle course if you do. WTF is a great time, so if you're interested try it out sometime! Quite honestly due to some auto-immune problems my regular diet is very like a contest diet so I don't fluctuate too much. I just drop my carbs down even lower.

strongman doing good
pumped after watching Derek destroy that dumbbell

That was crazy. Made me want to go train again though!

You're so good. You trained...and I took a break. *Blushes*

You needed that break. You've had a lot going on, and your immune system tries to "get" you on occasion, so you did what was smart. I saw those 90 lb single arm DB rows! :eek:

musclegoddess65
03-09-2009, 07:45 PM
I am definitely going to try and be there... in fact Kelly can you PM me details on the show, etc...

Kelly Baker
03-10-2009, 10:14 AM
I am definitely going to try and be there... in fact Kelly can you PM me details on the show, etc...

Sure thing! I'll pop onto Dave's site and pull up Todd's email so I can get you all the goodies. I love that picture! Thanks for posting that!

Kelly Baker
03-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Monday PM
35 minutes steady pace on the elliptical crossramp 10 resistance level 5. The Mummy III is an AWFUL movie by the way. lol

Tuesday
Legs, Cardio
Single leg deadlift into split squat 3 x 10 each
Weighted jump squats 5 lb plates 3 x 20
Glute kickback at cable station 10 lbs 3 x 15
Abductors 10 lbs 3 x 15

I’m doing this workout like I said 2-3 times a week until the show to rip up (hopefully) the remaining trouble spots. You would think I’d be getting used to this, but I’m STILL sore each time.

40 minutes walking on the treadmill at 3.2 mph punching up the incline every 2 minutes and bringing it back down the last 15.

TRAQ 3D tonight

BEAST MODE
03-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Good work Kel! You didn't like the Dragon Emperor movie? Have you seen the whole thing or did you just catch 35 minutes of it? I thought it was OK.

Kelly Baker
03-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Good work Kel! You didn't like the Dragon Emperor movie? Have you seen the whole thing or did you just catch 35 minutes of it? I thought it was OK.

Thanks! I saw the end of the movie and didn't really like it. Just seemed like they were trying way too hard to extend the mummy franchise. Too bad too.

BEAST MODE
03-10-2009, 11:10 AM
I can't let the ending take away from the rest of the movie. It was pretty decent. Except for the fact we skipped ahead like 20 years and we're still in 1940.

robert da strongman
03-10-2009, 12:55 PM
sweet training!

IRONURSE
03-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Just stopping in to see what's up. Looks like you are training like a champ! It was good that you took a day of r&r.
What web site will your contest pics be on?

Kelly Baker
03-10-2009, 02:20 PM
I can't let the ending take away from the rest of the movie. It was pretty decent. Except for the fact we skipped ahead like 20 years and we're still in 1940.

Ok, I'll give it another shot then. The ending was just rather disappointing and unfortunately good-ole logic was intruding too much for me to enjoy it.

sweet training!

Thanks!

Just stopping in to see what's up. Looks like you are training like a champ! It was good that you took a day of r&r.
What web site will your contest pics be on?

Thank you! I train hard all the time. It's as if it doesn't occur to me that I don't have to do that. My pics will be up on Muscular Development as they are one of the magazines covering the contest. I'll post some pics here too from what I take on my own.

BEAST MODE
03-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Woah! Kel-bel...the new avi.....ummmmmmmmmmm.....WOW!!!

Valkyrie
03-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Looking good! You put up the avi from your last comp! I bet you have changed a bit since!

Kelly Baker
03-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Woah! Kel-bel...the new avi.....ummmmmmmmmmm.....WOW!!!

I clean up well when someone else does my hair and make-up. LOL This pic is from the Tri-Fitness World Challenge Grace and Physique round in July of 2008. Two weeks later, I found out I had a LOT of auto-immune problems. I hope to be replacing that pic shortly...

Looking good! You put up the avi from your last comp! I bet you have changed a bit since!

Yes indeed! That photo is two weeks prior to diagnosis when my diet was still toxic. It's a little strange to look at it now and know that.

BEAST MODE
03-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Well you look amazing in it Kelly! Looking forward to seeing pics from your next comp!

I have bad news...I will not be able to make it for the comp in April. I really really want to but I won't be able to. Sorry bud!

Kelly Baker
03-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Well you look amazing in it Kelly! Looking forward to seeing pics from your next comp!

I have bad news...I will not be able to make it for the comp in April. I really really want to but I won't be able to. Sorry bud!

Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing the pics too. It's the only way I'm actually able to tell how much progress I have or have not made.

Aww darn, but I'll be super nervous with the people who WILL be there as it is! LOL We'll meet up sometime in person though, count on it!

It's that time again.....TRAQ time!!!! :)

BEAST MODE
03-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Yes we will get together some time. Maybe I'll change my mind and do a show in the fall or something, then maybe you could come to STL for that.

Have fun at TRAQ!

Kelly Baker
03-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Tuesday PM
TRAQ 3D

Athlete warm up with no jumps…took about 10 minutes, focusing on foot work, get backs, laterals, and multi-direction reaction drills. Followed this with TRAQ Endurance #3 with upper resistance bands. Started with 50 squats and moved on into mini-t, get backs, multi-direction reaction drills, 50 jumps (there was swearing involved), more laterals, cutting, and foot speed drills. 3 minute Brick Breaker game cool down. I guess Alyson felt bad about that 50 jumps with the bands thing. LOL

Wednesday
Back, legs, abs, spinning

Assisted pull-ups using Jump Stretch band 3 x 10
DB squats w/ 15 lb DB’s 3 x 15
Single arm DB rows 40 lbs 3 x 10
Manual hamstring curl using lat pull station to anchor feet 3 x 10
Oblique plank “rolls” 3 x 15
Kick-out cruches 3 x 15
Heel touches 3 x 15

So what do you do when you have to teach spinning and can’t have a proper leg workout? You figure out how to do it on the bike. 5 minute warm-up, seated climb adding resistance every 40 seconds 3x, 3 sets of switch back, return to seated climb and maximum seated climb for 1 minute, follow this by “taking the bob out” (standing on pedals, hover about an inch above the saddle and push exclusively with your legs rather than using body-weight) 30 seconds transitioning to standing low climb (ducking as if you’re riding under tree branches to pull with your hamstrings) 30 seconds 5 sets of each, standing climb adding resistance every 40 seconds 4 x, standing climb adding maximum resistance 1 minute. Rest 75 seconds and repeat. The class actually really enjoyed this. They love a good challenge, which makes them a lot of fun to teach.

More cardio tonight at Urban Active, hope the movie is good!

BEAST MODE
03-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Good work Kel-bel! Maybe they'll show the first part of Dragon Emperor for you.

robert da strongman
03-11-2009, 12:25 PM
good lord thats insane training!!

nice stuff torture master Kelly!

Kelly Baker
03-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Good work Kel-bel! Maybe they'll show the first part of Dragon Emperor for you.

It'll be a LONG time before they show that again. I've been a member there since July and haven't seen a repeat movie yet. Fitworks on the other hand...

Thanks! I expect a lot of leg fatigue when I do my incline walking later. Unfortunately, I have to do that two days in a row because of my deposition being moved to tomorrow.

robert da strongman
03-11-2009, 03:13 PM
enjoy the walking..hehe

i have to do more cardio tomorrow.

Valkyrie
03-11-2009, 04:40 PM

Torture Master! That is a perfect name for Kelly! :D

Kelly Baker
03-12-2009, 10:08 AM
You guys are funny. Mostly, I just torture myself!

Wednesday PM
40 minutes of incline walking on treadmill, increasing climb every 2 minutes

Thrusday
Legs, Chest, Cardio

Sumo Squat with calf raise 25 lb Plate 3 x 20
Single leg deadlift into split squat 15 lb DB’s 3 x 10 each
Wide legged pile squat with calf raise 15 lb DB 3 x 15
Weighted jump squat 5 lb plates (I am considering bumping this up to 10 lbs) 3 x 20
Glute cable kickback 10 lbs 3 x 15
Abductors 10 lbs 3 x 15

Flat bench press 75 lbs 3 x 10
Flat bench flye 20 lbs 3 x 10
Incline Press 30 lb DB’s 3 x 10
PecDeck flye with 5 second hold 15 lbs 3 x 10

30 minutes elliptical sprint drill 15 minutes pedaling in reverse, 15 minutes pedaling forward sprinting 15 seconds each minute

Since I have an appointment tonight, I will incline walk on the treadmill here at work 45 minutes in a few hours.

robert da strongman
03-12-2009, 11:56 AM
great training!!

haha...mistress kelly!!! the dungeon mistress....lord help me...haha

**blondie**
03-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Good workout girl!!!!!

BEAST MODE
03-12-2009, 07:29 PM
You have a treadmill at work? Maybe I need to talk to my boss about getting one in our office...

Gerb
03-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Single leg dead lift into a split squat sounds very painful .... and I am also having a bit of trouble understanding what the heck that is... but whatever it is, nice job!

musclegoddess65
03-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Nice training Kelly!!!

Kelly Baker
03-13-2009, 11:05 AM
great training!!

haha...mistress kelly!!! the dungeon mistress....lord help me...haha

Thanks! Dungeon mistress...good God! lol

Good workout girl!!!!!

Thank you!

You have a treadmill at work? Maybe I need to talk to my boss about getting one in our office...

I have an entire fitness center in my office. I created it! We had a one time grant back in 2007 that I used to order all the equipment and machines.

Single leg dead lift into a split squat sounds very painful .... and I am also having a bit of trouble understanding what the heck that is... but whatever it is, nice job!

It's actually 10 single legged deadlifts followed immediately by 10 split squats. You park your foot on something and don't move it till you're done, so your legs shake something awful.

Nice training Kelly!!!

Thanks!

Kelly Baker
03-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Friday
Bi’s/Tri’s, Legs, Cardio

Cable preacher curl 50 lbs 3 x 10
Tricep pull downs 60 lbs 3 x 10
Deep squats BW only 3 x 15
Hammer curl 20 lb DB’s 3 x 8
Skull crusher 50 lbs 3 x 10
Calf raises 40 lbs 3 x 15
Cable curls 20 lbs each hand 3 x 10
Tricep pull downs reverse grip 20 lbs 3 x 10
SLDL’s 40 lbs 3 x 15
Concentration curl 20 lb DB 3 x 8
Close-grip bench press 55 lbs 3 x 10
Glute kickback with squeeze 3 x 15

35 minutes steady paced elliptical work

TRAQ 3D tonight!

I have SUCH a headache already at work. My depostion lasted 2 hours yesterday and we are moving forward with court mediation next Tuesday. I have 3 major time consuming projects to do and unfortuanately...I just want to take a nap!

Valkyrie
03-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Great work today. Healing thoughts going out for you on that headache!

Woohoo! TRAQ tonight! :D

robert da strongman
03-13-2009, 03:49 PM
good training...
nap time sounds good

BEAST MODE
03-13-2009, 07:13 PM
Great training Kel-bel! Hope your headache went away. Have a relaxing weekend.

musclegoddess65
03-13-2009, 08:18 PM
I can't even imagine how utterly boring a WC depo must be...hope that headache went away....

I agree with all.. nap would be good

Kelly Baker
03-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Great work today. Healing thoughts going out for you on that headache!

Woohoo! TRAQ tonight! :D

good training...
nap time sounds good

Great training Kel-bel! Hope your headache went away. Have a relaxing weekend.

I can't even imagine how utterly boring a WC depo must be...hope that headache went away....

I agree with all.. nap would be good

Thanks everyone! Actually the depo was interesting given that I had to stomp down the urge to launch myself across the table and kill the claimant at least a dozen times. The mediation is tomorrow so I'll be in Akron for that.

Kelly Baker
03-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Monday
Shoulders, Legs, Cardio

Arnold press 20 lb DB’s 3 x 10
Sumo squat with calf raise 25 lbs 3 x 20
Wide pile squat with calf raise 15 lbs 3 x 15
8-8-8’s 8 lb DB’s 3 sets
Weighted jump squats 10 lb plates 3 x 20
Cable glute extension 10 lbs 3 x 15
Shrugs 65lb DB’s 3 x 10
Abductors 10 lbs 3 x 15

30 minute elliptical drill resistance level 5 crossramps 10-15-17-20
10 sets of running the stairs (42 step flight)

Cardio took 40-45 minutes

Will be doing session number 2 on cardio tonight at Urban Active

BEAST MODE
03-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Good stuff Kel! 3 weeks!

fitcorps
03-16-2009, 11:14 AM
Kelly, great thread here!

robert da strongman
03-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Monday
Shoulders, Legs, Cardio

Arnold press 20 lb DB’s 3 x 10
Sumo squat with calf raise 25 lbs 3 x 20
Wide pile squat with calf raise 15 lbs 3 x 15
8-8-8’s 8 lb DB’s 3 sets
Weighted jump squats 10 lb plates 3 x 20
Cable glute extension 10 lbs 3 x 15
Shrugs 65lb DB’s 3 x 10
Abductors 10 lbs 3 x 15

30 minute elliptical drill resistance level 5 crossramps 10-15-17-20
10 sets of running the stairs (42 step flight)

Cardio took 40-45 minutes

Will be doing session number 2 on cardio tonight at Urban Active

nice work!!

Kelly Baker
03-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Good stuff Kel! 3 weeks!

2.5, I NEVER count the final week before the show as prep time. If it isn't there before then, that last week isn't going to do it!

Kelly, great thread here!

Thanks! Got to try to keep up with a few people so it's cut and paste.

nice work!!

Thank you sir!

musclegoddess65
03-16-2009, 09:50 PM
gotta love those that work the system...

HOpe you were able to take out some anger at Urban Active...

Kelly Baker
03-17-2009, 03:12 PM
I parked myself on the treadmill for 40 minutes of incline walking, then went to a funeral last night. My friend's 94 year old grandfather.

Tuesday
Legs, Cardio

Ok, due to Orchestra stuff later this week, I did the same workout as yesterday just altered the weights some.

Sumo squat with calf raise 20 lbs 3 x 20
Single legged deadlift into split squat 15 lb DB's 3 x 10 each
Pile squat 15 lb DB 3 x 15
Weighted jump squat 5 lb DB's 3 x 20
Glute kick-back 5 lbs 3 x 15
Abductors 5 lbs 3 x 15

15 minute stepmill drill high knees, rear extension, side-step and front step
15 minute stepmill drill 5 mins skipping every other step, 5 minutes drill same as above, 5 minutes skipping every other step
10 minutes walking on the treadmill 3.2 mph

TRAQ 3D tonight!

So...some fun at my expense.

I'm driving to Akron for the Mediation (which didn't wind up going forward) and of course eating in the car. It was time for chicken, so chicken was going in! I decided that I should open my water bottle so I could get started on my 2 gallons a day. Now. I overfilled the bottle, so when I went to drink from it I spilled water on my car seats. This wouldn't be so bad except that my car seats are leather so that water rolled you can guess where. There is nothing so awesome as walking into a courthouse with wet pants and underwear (wearing black thank GOD so no one could tell) and have to sit for proceedings feeling like you need to be changed!

BEAST MODE
03-17-2009, 03:19 PM
LMAO! Kel-bel you are a goose! I would be miserable in wet undies.

robert da strongman
03-17-2009, 03:29 PM
I parked myself on the treadmill for 40 minutes of incline walking, then went to a funeral last night. My friend's 94 year old grandfather.

Tuesday
Legs, Cardio

Ok, due to Orchestra stuff later this week, I did the same workout as yesterday just altered the weights some.

Sumo squat with calf raise 20 lbs 3 x 20
Single legged deadlift into split squat 15 lb DB's 3 x 10 each
Pile squat 15 lb DB 3 x 15
Weighted jump squat 5 lb DB's 3 x 20
Glute kick-back 5 lbs 3 x 15
Abductors 5 lbs 3 x 15

15 minute stepmill drill high knees, rear extension, side-step and front step
15 minute stepmill drill 5 mins skipping every other step, 5 minutes drill same as above, 5 minutes skipping every other step
10 minutes walking on the treadmill 3.2 mph

TRAQ 3D tonight!

So...some fun at my expense.

I'm driving to Akron for the Mediation (which didn't wind up going forward) and of course eating in the car. It was time for chicken, so chicken was going in! I decided that I should open my water bottle so I could get started on my 2 gallons a day. Now. I overfilled the bottle, so when I went to drink from it I spilled water on my car seats. This wouldn't be so bad except that my car seats are leather so that water rolled you can guess where. There is nothing so awesome as walking into a courthouse with wet pants and underwear (wearing black thank GOD so no one could tell) and have to sit for proceedings feeling like you need to be changed!

good training...haha wet pants suck! haha

Kelly Baker
03-17-2009, 03:30 PM
LMAO! Kel-bel you are a goose! I would be miserable in wet undies.

I was miserable! LOL I got to experience the horrible feeling of water being wicked up through my suit pants to my unmentionables! Talk about a lip-curling experience. Funny as hell though! :D

BEAST MODE
03-17-2009, 03:33 PM
I was miserable! LOL I got to experience the horrible feeling of water being wicked up through my suit pants to my unmentionables! Talk about a lip-curling experience. Funny as hell though! :D

Well it is good that you had on dark pants so people didn't laugh at your pee pants.

robert da strongman
03-17-2009, 04:02 PM
haha lip-curling

good thing it was water and not something sticky

BEAST MODE
03-17-2009, 04:08 PM
Yeah...can you imagine soda or juice or something? Talk about uncomfortable...

robert da strongman
03-17-2009, 04:09 PM
getting stuck to the seat...and bees?!

BEAST MODE
03-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Oh gosh...bees! Not in the crotchal region. Painful.

robert da strongman
03-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Oh gosh...bees! Not in the crotchal region. Painful.

my ex got stung in the ass once...very funny. damn bee flew up her skirt:D

Kelly Baker
03-17-2009, 04:16 PM
Hot coffee, especially if it went down the way this did and hit the seat first not me. You'll get that nice moment of realization and then....oh yeah baby!

robert da strongman
03-17-2009, 04:17 PM
ouch!!
makes my boys cringe...

Kelly Baker
03-17-2009, 04:19 PM
ouch!!
makes my boys cringe...

That should make everyone's bits cringe! At least yours are upwardly mobile!

BEAST MODE
03-17-2009, 04:21 PM

Only to a certain extent!

Kelly Baker
03-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Only to a certain extent!

More than mine! lol All right...off to TRAQ 3D!!

BEAST MODE
03-17-2009, 04:25 PM
Kill it tonight Kelly-bean!

robert da strongman
03-17-2009, 04:55 PM

but the coffee would hit them first:eek: