PDA

View Full Version : Torn Achilles or muscle

2manytoyz
04-30-2009, 08:21 AM
I have either a partial torn achilles or muscle which I find out tomorrow. Is there any supplements or anything I can take to help or speed up the healing progess. I do take a bunch of supplements and I am a natural. Any help would be great

Tatyana
04-30-2009, 08:35 AM
Some swear by Cissus quadrilangaris.

What will help you heal the fastest, especially with an achilles is to keep active, so out on your crutches (NO WEIGHT ON THE DAMAGED FOOT) and keep the blood flowing as the achilles is not that vascular.

2manytoyz
04-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks Tatyana, I just googled it and found a ton of info it. I can't believe I had never heard of it. It seems to have some good reviews so it can't hurt trying it

BigJD69
04-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Hopefully for your sake it's a muscle tear and not the achillies!!!

The Thinker
04-30-2009, 09:42 PM
I have either a partial torn achilles or muscle which I find out tomorrow. Is there any supplements or anything I can take to help or speed up the healing progess. I do take a bunch of supplements and I am a natural. Any help would be great

I tore my achilles a few years ago and unfortunately time is the only thing that will heal it. Don't get too anxious or you will snap it and then you are down for a year (minimum). Work around it and you can still make progress on other body parts.

Bryan Hildebrand
04-30-2009, 11:21 PM
train the opposite calf as normal.

trap
07-14-2009, 05:33 PM
I tore my achilles half year ago and rehab goes like it should now i just ride my bike,walk a lot but First what U should do when it will be a time for walking is to get good insole for your shoes!
that will take away presure from achilles,knees,back....it's all start with feet.
i have FORMTHOTICS and they are awesome.

the best to eat are chicken legs but with fingers and all the rest,just don't eat nails and bouns ;) they have"glue"and thats do the work.

i hope it will help U,take care and don't give up!....and why this letters are so big now like on wtf :)