PDA

View Full Version : Fat Loss Observations & A Question

euclid
04-30-2009, 08:23 AM
I've searched a bit, but can't find an explanation of what I am experiencing; changes in the way the fat on my stomach feels as I lose it. I have run across people who have noticed the same thing, though. I've lost 15 pounds since late March 08 and I'm determined to lose what I believe is abother 15-20 lbs of fat to get me down to around a 10-12% bf. This might sound crazy, but when I first started, (and after looking at pictures), I feel like my fat looked better, it was a solid mass. Now, as my stomach fat is reducing, I feel like I look worse - i.e. ripples on my skin when the light hits it right. I am also noticing that the fat feels different, I can feel loose nodules of fat and am just wondering if anyone can explain this?

Also, the past two weeks my weight has stayed the same; 205.5 lbs. However, using calipers I estimate by body fat has dropped 1-1.5%, and I don't see how that is possible. I lift as heavy as I can on this deficit (all compound movements such as deads/bench/squat/powerclean/rows/press) but I know I can't build muscle while in a caloric deficit. I currently take in about 2400-2700 cals a day and estimate my bf to be right around 18-19%. Is it time for an adjustment? As far as my diet goes, it is pretty clean and simple: oats, brown rice, lean protein sources, green veggies, skim milk, whey, cottage cheese.

Thanks for any help.

GirlyMuscle
04-30-2009, 09:07 AM
Totally normal. As you lose fat it gets squishier. Keep going!

Frosty
04-30-2009, 10:48 AM
I know I can't build muscle while in a caloric deficit.

Given the right conditions, this is VERY possible. I have a friend that is gaining quite a bit of muscle while losing fat on the Palumbo Diet.

The fat cells are losing density because they're "emptying" their fat and shrinking.