PDA

View Full Version : Best Glute Training

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
04-30-2009, 03:02 PM
In everyone's opinion, what exercises (cardio, lifting etc) are the glute exercises that give you the best results?

sassy69
04-30-2009, 03:08 PM
Squats, deads, lunges, rowing, stepmill, steep angle treadmill.

~gymdiva~
04-30-2009, 03:08 PM
here's a great thread on Malika and Rachel's glute workouts...they certainly work judging by their nice bootys! :D

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=2728&highlight=glute

04-30-2009, 03:17 PM
What do you guys think about the bike. I sometimes implement it into my cardio portion. My glutes burn when I kick up the resistance. Other than that the step mill and angled treadmill is what I did for my first show.
Also, what do you guys think about the stair stepper? I love using it, but never feel it in my hams or glutes.

When I walk up the step mill, I kick my legs back and will skip some steps, however, when you just walk, do you squeeze your butt?

Thanks gymdiva for posting that video. I will try to implement that routine in 2-3 x per week.

sassy69
04-30-2009, 03:27 PM
What do you guys think about the bike. I sometimes implement it into my cardio portion. My glutes burn when I kick up the resistance. Other than that the step mill and angled treadmill is what I did for my first show.
Also, what do you guys think about the stair stepper? I love using it, but never feel it in my hams or glutes.

When I walk up the step mill, I kick my legs back and will skip some steps, however, when you just walk, do you squeeze your butt?

Thanks gymdiva for posting that video. I will try to implement that routine in 2-3 x per week.

I've never seen Lance Armstrong w/ flabby buns.....

I think anything you do is what you make of it.. I recently had to explore the rowing machine as a cardio option because I have a broken big toe. Walking cardio is out of the question right now. But after 20 min my butt is burning because its the pivot point for the whole row motion. Stepmill kickbacks work. I also find that 30 min on the stepmill + 30 min on steep angle treadmill makes for some good burning.

The exercise that I always seem to feel a serious butt burn on is a super set of walking lunges (like 50 steps , each side carrying 25 lb plates) + reverse hyper extension, focus on butt burn, BURNS. I really feel that but either by themselves I don't feel as much.

Suzy Brown
04-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Step ups on the box w/ dbs in hand

ATG squats (low weight) or bench squats (I do front raises at the same time, 15lb dbs)

Cable back & side kicks

Twisted lunges

back ext w/ hand weights, twist at the top

04-30-2009, 03:32 PM
I've never seen Lance Armstrong w/ flabby buns.....

I think anything you do is what you make of it.. I recently had to explore the rowing machine as a cardio option because I have a broken big toe. Walking cardio is out of the question right now. But after 20 min my butt is burning because its the pivot point for the whole row motion. Stepmill kickbacks work. I also find that 30 min on the stepmill + 30 min on steep angle treadmill makes for some good burning.

The exercise that I always seem to feel a serious butt burn on is a super set of walking lunges (like 50 steps , each side carrying 25 lb plates) + reverse hyper extension, focus on butt burn, BURNS. I really feel that but either by themselves I don't feel as much.

I did not think about the row machine. Hmmmmmm. Can't hurt to try new things. I will def try your 30 min. step mill 30 min incline treadmill tactic.

My husband makes me do walking lunges with kick backs holding a weighted bar. I am not sure how far we go, but it's all along the outside strip mall so I'm sure it's pretty far.

04-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Step ups on the box w/ dbs in hand

ATG squats (low weight) or bench squats (I do front raises at the same time, 15lb dbs)

Cable back & side kicks

Twisted lunges

back ext w/ hand weights, twist at the top

I recently started the side kicks on the mill. I do those when I step up sideways.

I also got a huge burn after doing sideways hack squats. One legged. OUCH!!!!!

Suzy Brown
04-30-2009, 04:00 PM
I do the side kicks w/ 30lbs on the cable, and then follow it w/ side leg lifts on the ball, add a little crunch at the top. Tom. is my leg day (I do 1 quads & hams, a 2nd glute & ad/ab), I'll post it up.

04-30-2009, 04:10 PM
I do the side kicks w/ 30lbs on the cable, and then follow it w/ side leg lifts on the ball, add a little crunch at the top. Tom. is my leg day (I do 1 quads & hams, a 2nd glute & ad/ab), I'll post it up.

Thanks love to see it

Suzy Brown
05-01-2009, 12:46 PM
I did 3 exercises 3x ea

Super Squat machine (like a hack but not as much angle) 200lbs for 10
step ups on plyo box, 15lb dbs in each hand, 10 per leg
twisted lunges, 15 per leg

next set
cable side kicks, 30lbs, 15 per leg
glute isolator machine, 70lbs 12 per leg
SLDL, 90lbs for 10 (killed me!)

next set
lying ham curl, 45lbs for 8reps
seated ext, 70lbs for 12reps
sled leg press, 200lbs for 8 reps

I was shakey walking home and I can feel my ass-back starting to ache already. mmm:)

MRT
05-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Lunges

Sledge
05-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Well I figure you go see what the experts do.

RX Muscle Forums

Malika and Miss Figure sure do have some amazing glute development.

dvsness
05-01-2009, 01:31 PM
To me cardio is just calorie wasting. I don't rely on it to really enhance any muscle group and I'm not convinced it does to a great degree. I think squats, SLDLs and lunges are great.

05-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Okay, I love the rowing machine for my cardio because It targets the glute area and burns after 2 mins.

tammyp
05-05-2009, 08:43 AM
i taught a boot camp that was a total bun burner. we did....

walking lunges
walking side squats
pop squats
curtsey lunges
round house kicks
ass to ankles
lunges to side front and back
pump lunges
front back kicks

for weight room i like:
calbe pull throughs
sldl
reverse hypers
butt blaster
deeo squats
wide leg press

05-05-2009, 01:31 PM
i taught a boot camp that was a total bun burner. we did....

walking lunges
walking side squats
pop squats
curtsey lunges
round house kicks
ass to ankles
lunges to side front and back
pump lunges
front back kicks

for weight room i like:
calbe pull throughs
sldl
reverse hypers
butt blaster
deeo squats
wide leg press

What are deeo squats?

Blondell
05-05-2009, 01:36 PM
What are deeo squats?
I think she means 'deep'. ;)

05-05-2009, 01:48 PM
I think she means 'deep'. ;)

LOL, see a slip of the keyboard stroke and I'm thinking that there's a new move I haven't heard of.