PDA

View Full Version : diet prep question?

TheJackHammer
05-01-2009, 10:55 AM
i have been dieting for alittle over 4 weeks and i have lost 25lb in that time. but i have levelled off the last week. i havent seen any improvements and my weight is the same. i have been eating 300gr of protein and 200gr of carbs and 30gr of fat a day. also i have been doing 2 hours a day of cardio, morning/night. sometimes slow cardio other times intervals to help with my heart rate. what else can i do? also my show isnt till august but i wanted to be in shape for summer so i started early.

becks
05-01-2009, 11:26 AM
i have been dieting for alittle over 4 weeks and i have lost 25lb in that time. but i have levelled off the last week. i havent seen any improvements and my weight is the same. i have been eating 300gr of protein and 200gr of carbs and 30gr of fat a day. also i have been doing 2 hours a day of cardio, morning/night. sometimes slow cardio other times intervals to help with my heart rate. what else can i do? also my show isnt till august but i wanted to be in shape for summer so i started early.

Post up pics or have your body fat % done so that we can properly address your question. Without knowing your lbm or at least any idea from pics it's impossible to address your macros.

I will say for now that the initial weight loss is always drastic and you will level out, causing you to lose at a more gradual rate.

buffarkie
05-01-2009, 01:43 PM
if your contest isnt till august why are you already doing 2 hours of cardio?

Ken "Skip" Hill
05-02-2009, 04:45 AM
If you have lost 25 pounds in 4 weeks my best advice is slow the fuck down. You have no business losing that much and your body not letting you lose any more is a blessing. I would be interested in seeing your pics, too.

Skip

TheJackHammer
05-02-2009, 11:27 AM
well alot of the weight loss was from water cause i just got off taking prohormones, and i didnt feel well at that weight. i was going to do a bbing show in august but now i dont want to do a bbing show, i want to do a fame show for muscle model. i just want to be athletic/healthy again and i want to be inshape for summer. i dont mind loosing alittle muscle but not too much. i use to weight in at 243lbs and now im down to around 218-220lbs.

also my bf% is around 12-13% now and i want to get down to about 7-8%

becks
05-02-2009, 12:19 PM
well alot of the weight loss was from water cause i just got off taking prohormones, and i didnt feel well at that weight. i was going to do a bbing show in august but now i dont want to do a bbing show, i want to do a fame show for muscle model. i just want to be athletic/healthy again and i want to be inshape for summer. i dont mind loosing alittle muscle but not too much. i use to weight in at 243lbs and now im down to around 218-220lbs.

also my bf% is around 12-13% now and i want to get down to about 7-8%

I think you really need to put some thought into what you want to do and then properly commit to the road you need to take in order to be your best.

Do you want to compete in bodybuilding, model or just get in shape for the summer?

If you choose to compete within the FAME organization I would like you to know that to be competitive you will need to conditioned and 7-8% bodyfat will not cut it. Needless to say you need not be as dry as you would be as a competitive bodybuilder but the road to be competitive in the model category is not an easy one.

Here is what they are looking for in regards to conditioning in the model category.

http://wbffshows.com/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/nggshow.php?pid=650&width=200&height=293&mode=

Post up pics and let the members give you honest advice of where you would best fit, bodybuilding or modelling? Too many people choose the model approach with the thought of an easier diet and less commitment, I am here to tell you they do not succeed!

TheJackHammer
05-02-2009, 12:27 PM
i agree 100% i would like to look like that but just alittle bigger, but for summer i want to be around 7-8% just as my normal everyday condition. that way it wont be as hard to get down to contest bf% levels. i have chosen the muscle model cause i wasnt happy being as big as i was and i want to stay more athletic year round. ill post some pics when i take them this wednesday.

Ken "Skip" Hill
05-03-2009, 09:26 PM
And make no mistake, if you have a face, the model way is the best way to go to make money with this sport. If you are good looking and can have a physique like the guy above, you can make some dough with sponsorships and endorsements and modeling, etc..

Skip