PDA

View Full Version : Best/current lifts

Gaoshang Xiongshou
02-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Understandably, women do not lift with much ego, if at all, like some men do. The numbers may mean very little to you...

But still... what are you putting up these days? I know some of you are doing more than some of the men at your gym, and getting those looks of envy, disbelief, or disgust shot your way.

esplendido
02-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Gunz will not brag on herself, so I'll post some of her stats. She does not try to do single rep max's, but here is a list of her top repping weights on the exercises listed;

Squat: 225 for 8
Leg Press: 600 for 6
Leg extensions: 220 (full stack on machine) for 10

Bench Press: 155 for 6
DB prone flies: 55's for 8
DB incline flies: 45's for 8

Military press: 155 for 5
Lateral DB flies: 50's for 8
Front DB flies: 45's for 8

DB alt curls: 50's for 6
BB curls: 95 for 10
Push downs: 100 for 6

Shrugs: 225 for 10

musclegoddess65
02-13-2009, 01:19 PM
I don't know GX, I'd assume from time to time, even women can lift with ego...

remind me NEVER to work out next to Gunz though.. damn! I'm almost ashamed to post my numbers after that :)

Squat 175 for 8 (been a long while)
Leg Press 450 5 sets 5 (i think) (Dec 2008 can't seem to hit it at my gym?)

Bench
Avg 100/105, best 125

DB 1 arm Row 55
Low Cable Row 125

Unassisted WG pullups - have to work on hitting these again.

GirlyMuscle
02-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Anyone who's ever trained with me knows my ego goes everywhere with me. LOL

Seriously..

bench 135 for 9 reps
squat 205 for 4 reps
leg press 630 for 8 reps
curl 40s

tammyp
02-13-2009, 02:35 PM
i never really max out on anything. but got 165 for 4 benching a few weeks ago. my husband is a powerlifter, so he has really showed me perfect form to get the max weight.

Tuffgirl410
02-13-2009, 05:50 PM
My best ever has been:
Squat 245 x 3
Leg press 720 x6
Lat pull down 210 x6
Flat bench 155 x 3
DB Curl 50
I must say that my form was less than perfect though lol

robert da strongman
02-13-2009, 05:55 PM
what impresses me about women that train serious...they have no ego about the lifts.

ok except GM

Sledge
Anyone who's ever trained with me knows my ego goes everywhere with me. LOL

Seriously..

You aint kidding about that. The old saying "leave your ego at the door" don't apply. In fact you neet to have double width doors to get it in.:D;):p

robert da strongman
I don't know GX, I'd assume from time to time, even women can lift with ego...

remind me NEVER to work out next to Gunz though.. damn! I'm almost ashamed to post my numbers after that :)

Squat 175 for 8 (been a long while)
Leg Press 450 5 sets 5 (i think) (Dec 2008 can't seem to hit it at my gym?)

Bench
Avg 100/105, best 125

DB 1 arm Row 55
Low Cable Row 125

Unassisted WG pullups - have to work on hitting these again.

and you have a lot more in you!!!

Sledge
02-13-2009, 06:15 PM
what impresses me about women that train serious...they have no ego about the lifts.

Bwahahaha. Wait till you train with GM. She'll be watching what you lift and you'll see the the little calculations going on in her head to see if she can match or beat you. Don't let her near any atlas balls I think she may have a natural tallent there.

AndroGrrL
02-13-2009, 06:16 PM
I used to have an ego...now I don't care how much I lift...upper body is weak...so as far as lower body lifts go...

leg press: 1035 (that's...10 on each side and 3 on top...if I can do math?)...for 15 reps...but they were NOT knees to chest...just 90 degrees and back up...

umm squat: now I don't go higher than 225x11 but at one point got 305x9...so everytime I squat I think of how heavy I used to go...and cry at the weight I use now :(

bench...I rarely flat bench...but when I do...185x7 or 8

I'm more of an incline girl...70lb db's for 9-11...depends on how I'm feeling...

umm yeah...that's about it...

robert da strongman
02-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Bwahahaha. Wait till you train with GM. She'll be watching what you lift and you'll see the the little calculations going on in her head to see if she can match or beat you. Don't let her near any atlas balls I think she may have a natural tallent there.

then it will be fun. wanna see her farmers walk with 320 each hand!

Sledge
02-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Double post don't know how that happened

robert da strongman
02-13-2009, 06:22 PM
My best ever has been:
Squat 245 x 3
Leg press 720 x6
Lat pull down 210 x6
Flat bench 155 x 3
DB Curl 50
I must say that my form was less than perfect though lol

I used to have an ego...now I don't care how much I lift...upper body is weak...so as far as lower body lifts go...

leg press: 1035 (that's...10 on each side and 3 on top...if I can do math?)...for 15 reps...but they were NOT knees to chest...just 90 degrees and back up...

umm squat: now I don't go higher than 225x11 but at one point got 305x9...so everytime I squat I think of how heavy I used to go...and cry at the weight I use now :(

bench...I rarely flat bench...but when I do...185x7 or 8

I'm more of an incline girl...70lb db's for 9-11...depends on how I'm feeling...

umm yeah...that's about it...

and you 2 ladies are invited to the powerlifting forum!
impressive:eek:

Sledge
02-13-2009, 06:24 PM
then it will be fun. wanna see her farmers walk with 320 each hand!

She'll read this and start practicing tomorrow. Just remember she's only 3'4" or some short arsed height close to that. So she only has to move the weight a short distance.;)

robert da strongman
02-13-2009, 06:25 PM
but can she walk with it?

Valkyrie
02-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Let's see...some of my highlights from the past year:
Squats - 195# x 8r
Leg press - 360# x 8r
Calf press - 270# (Seated leg or 45 degree sled) x 12+r
Good mornings - 165# x 8r
Zerchers - 165# x 8r
Rack pulls - 185# x 8r
One arm db rows - 85# x 6r

My bench sucks monkey balls. Pbbbtttt! :p Not even note worthy. What I was really excited about was that I was able to drop the hooks and just use wraps! Biggie for me due to the nerve damage in my hands. Normally my hands are too numb to hang on for 6-8 reps on more than one or two sets.

DarinD
02-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Can't remember all of my wifes lifts but she can squat 245 for 10 and benched 225 for 10 just 2 weeks ago.

~BG~
02-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Great job ladies, lift hard, lift strong !!!!!!

robert da strongman
02-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Let's see...some of my highlights from the past year:
Squats - 195# x 8r
Leg press - 360# x 8r
Calf press - 270# (Seated leg or 45 degree sled) x 12+r
Good mornings - 165# x 8r
Zerchers - 165# x 8r
Rack pulls - 185# x 8r
One arm db rows - 85# x 6r

My bench sucks monkey balls. Pbbbtttt! :p Not even note worthy. What I was really excited about was that I was able to drop the hooks and just use wraps! Biggie for me due to the nerve damage in my hands. Normally my hands are too numb to hang on for 6-8 reps on more than one or two sets.

zerchers rule!!

Valkyrie
02-13-2009, 06:59 PM
zerchers rule!!
Yes they do! I do two styles. Top position (start from the top) and bottom position off the pins. I loooove my zerchers. I would venture to say they are my absolute favorite lift.

I even mastered them off the floor, to my knees and then up, at 105 or so this year for the heckuvit. ;) The top and bottom position are training directly related to my backpacking performance, so I prefer them to starting from the floor. Plus on zerchers I'm not looking so much to increase my lift as to train my hips so I keep my working sets to 135/145 or so.

Tuffgirl410
02-13-2009, 07:04 PM
For someone who has never done zerchers how would you recommend going about it & on what day would you do them on-- would you do them on a day off as an extra weight training day?

robert da strongman
02-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Yes they do! I do two styles. Top position (start from the top) and bottom position off the pins. I loooove my zerchers. I would venture to say they are my absolute favorite lift.

I even mastered them off the floor, to my knees and then up, at 105 or so this year for the heckuvit. ;) The top and bottom position are training directly related to my backpacking performance, so I prefer them to starting from the floor. Plus on zerchers I'm not looking so much to increase my lift as to train my hips so I keep my working sets to 135/145 or so.

i dont know i think you should add weight to them.
my sick variation is seated on a low box with a sandbag from the floor.

robert da strongman
02-13-2009, 07:07 PM
For someone who has never done zerchers how would you recommend going about it & on what day would you do them on-- would you do them on a day off as an extra weight training day?

do them on back day.
get something to cover your forearms and elbows...

Valkyrie
02-13-2009, 07:18 PM
I do them on my squat day. I do my conventional squats first and then I lower the hooks and pins so I can do my zerchers. I do my 'top' position first, meaning I can walk up to the bar and pretty much lift it with a little bit of a tippy-toe lift and step back into my squat.

After I finish with my top position zerchers I set the bar on the pins for the pull up. On the bottom position I reset the bar each time. No touch and go on these or I'm apt to lean forward too much or arch my back. I want to attempt to pull upright from the pins as much as possible. (These take longer to do because I 'stand up' to reset my position for each rep.)

i dont know i think you should add weight to them.
my sick variation is seated on a low box with a sandbag from the floor.
I would like low box sand bag pulls...but I'm not sure my gym has sand bags like we have at the kwoon. :confused:

My plan of action when I get back to training is to rotate my zerchers and box squats. I'm still 'feeling' my way with the box squats and I started doing them away from my home gym. I may inch the weight up on the zerchers once I feel more secure with the box squats.

I also need heavier elbow wraps. I bruise pretty easily from my immune disorder. Every single time I go to 165 or more on the zerchers I look like someone beat the insides of my elbows! :eek: (The bruises do not hurt for those that are curious.)

Valkyrie
02-13-2009, 07:21 PM
do them on back day.
get something to cover your forearms and elbows...
Now see...on back day I do rack pulls! That's why I do my zerchers on my leg/squat day.

Go by what Robert tells you Tuffgirl. And yes, get something cushy for the elbows and forearms!

Something else I thought of: I cannot do leg press work on the day I do my squats and zerchers...well I can, but I never get beyond 270 or so...legs are too fried after all the squats and zerchers! :eek:

robert da strongman
02-13-2009, 07:25 PM
I do them on my squat day. I do my conventional squats first and then I lower the hooks and pins so I can do my zerchers. I do my 'top' position first, meaning I can walk up to the bar and pretty much lift it with a little bit of a tippy-toe lift and step back into my squat.

After I finish with my top position zerchers I set the bar on the pins for the pull up. On the bottom position I reset the bar each time. No touch and go on these or I'm apt to lean forward too much or arch my back. I want to attempt to pull upright from the pins as much as possible. (These take longer to do because I 'stand up' to reset my position for each rep.)

I would like low box sand bag pulls...but I'm not sure my gym has sand bags like we have at the kwoon. :confused:

My plan of action when I get back to training is to rotate my zerchers and box squats. I'm still 'feeling' my way with the box squats and I started doing them away from my home gym. I may inch the weight up on the zerchers once I feel more secure with the box squats.

I also need heavier elbow wraps. I bruise pretty easily from my immune disorder. Every single time I go to 165 or more on the zerchers I look like someone beat the insides of my elbows! :eek: (The bruises do not hurt for those that are curious.)

get a sandbag and bring it to the gym.

i would recommend rehband. they are the blue sleeves you see strongmen wearing. thick but expensive.

musclegoddess65
and you have a lot more in you!!!

Ya well come Sept then I guess I have a training partner...hhhmmm ???

robert da strongman
Ya well come Sept then I guess I have a training partner...hhhmmm ???

ya think?

musclegoddess65
02-13-2009, 07:35 PM
ya think?

I hope so! I know you won't let me slack... :rolleyes:

not that I do, but at 4am, there really isn't anyone in the gym to spot me... so I prefer to err on the side of caution.

Valkyrie
02-13-2009, 07:37 PM
get a sandbag and bring it to the gym.

i would recommend rehband. they are the blue sleeves you see strongmen wearing. thick but expensive.
Hehee...weight vest goes in first! ;) Then the backpack may join me...
Then maybe I'll consider hauling in a sandbag.

You should see the looks I get...I carry my own little bag of goodies in with me to train...and I haven't added the platemates and incremental plates to my goodie bag yet! :eek:

I was planning on a pair of rehbands this year. It's time. I beat the hellz out of my elbows as it is. It is getting to be a nuisance to double wrap 3 out of 4 days in the gym lately.

musclegoddess65
02-13-2009, 07:38 PM
ya think?

and I can learn a whole new way of training... how to lift stones, drag, tire flip, farmers walks.... WOO HOO....

robert da strongman
02-13-2009, 07:42 PM
Hehee...weight vest goes in first! ;) Then the backpack may join me...
Then maybe I'll consider hauling in a sandbag.

You should see the looks I get...I carry my own little bag of goodies in with me to train...and I haven't added the platemates and incremental plates to my goodie bag yet! :eek:

I was planning on a pair of rehbands this year. It's time. I beat the hellz out of my elbows as it is. It is getting to be a nuisance to double wrap 3 out of 4 days in the gym lately.

apt has elbow wraps...they might work.

haha love bringing my grip bag to the gym

robert da strongman
02-13-2009, 07:42 PM
and I can learn a whole new way of training... how to lift stones, drag, tire flip, farmers walks.... WOO HOO....

really??

:eek:

esplendido
02-13-2009, 08:32 PM
I forgot to add that Gunz does standing calf raises with 550 lbs for 12-14 reps. I can only do 8 reps at that weight. Pisses me off! :mad:

Valkyrie
02-14-2009, 12:33 AM
apt has elbow wraps...they might work.

haha love bringing my grip bag to the gym
I have their link to come to think of it. Hehee...I'm getting used to the looks as I start to pull all my goodies out when I need them.

I forgot to add that Gunz does standing calf raises with 550 lbs for 12-14 reps. I can only do 8 reps at that weight. Pisses me off! :mad:
Ohhh...nice! :cool: I would be a bit cranky too.

musclegoddess65
02-14-2009, 09:05 AM
really??

:eek:

I'd hope so... always up for a challenge...

AndroGrrL
02-14-2009, 11:24 AM
and you 2 ladies are invited to the powerlifting forum!
impressive:eek:

lol I'm not strong enough for powerlifting...but I'll check the forum...

ah sadly I do get asked a lot if I'm a powerlifter...I just say "no...I'm just a REALLY chubby bodybuilder"...shit...motivation for cardio... :o

robert da strongman
02-14-2009, 01:12 PM
lol I'm not strong enough for powerlifting...but I'll check the forum...

ah sadly I do get asked a lot if I'm a powerlifter...I just say "no...I'm just a REALLY chubby bodybuilder"...shit...motivation for cardio... :o

i tell them i am a fat ass strongman.

still impressive lifts!

robert da strongman
02-14-2009, 01:13 PM
I'd hope so... always up for a challenge...

ok....we can lift lots of rocks

BadAssBarbie
03-01-2009, 10:49 PM
My best was on a leg day......last exercise, last set....leg press(free wieght, not machine)...1,180 lbs for 12 reps!!!!!!! Now I wish I had gotten a picture of that!!! Bringing a camera to the gym just isn't something I usually do. lol