PDA

View Full Version : Cardinal Fitness

musclegoddess65
05-03-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm gonna post this here and if a Mod feels it would be in a better spot feel free to move it....

do any of you or have any of you worked out at Cardinal Fitness? If so what are your thoughts opinions?

I realize it is not a hard core gym... hell I don't have one of those now but you make do with what you have in your area...

Here is the situation...M-F I live and work in Elmhurst IL... I work out at Xsport and the Courts - again not hard core but they have what I need to get the job done...

Starting this week... I will be helping out my mom at her job... I need the extra money... so it means 7 days a week for me... BUT that does NOT mean I slack with workouts on the weekends... I have 7 wks (photo shoots) and 17 wks (BBing competition) to prepare for

So I will stay the weekends at my brothers in Wheatfield IN and I will be working the part time gig in Merriville Indiana (laQuinta Inns)...

I need a gym that opens by at least 7am (earlier is prefered) I need a good hour to lift, cardio if need be can be done after work or outside.

That has shower facilities.

That has free weights area and cardio equipment.

Doesn't roll up the carpet at 5pm.

and most importantly does not have some stupid long term contract of a year... this whole thing will only be from now till when I move in late Sept to Florida - so I don't want a gym that makes me pay for a long term year long contract - and obviously the cheaper the better, I already pay for 2 gym memberships as it is...

so mom mentions there is a Cardinal Fitness Center near and they SEEM to have what I need but.... just wondering has anyone worked out there?

bigdaddyd
05-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Hey...guess who?

I actually go to Cardinal. Like you said, it is not the greatest, most hardcore gym. But, it has everything I need and everything you need.

It will get you to where you need to be and most of them open at 5am. Shoot me an email if you have other questions too.

GirlyMuscle
05-03-2009, 01:22 PM
I belonged to a Cardinal Fitness for the two years I lived in Indianapolis. It was $20 a month. Small place but I liked it. It served my needs well. Not hardcore but ya know, I can work out anywhere.

And by not hardcore I mean the equipment was clean and in good repair. The gym was clean, people normal (not many bbers) but very nice.

musclegoddess65
05-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Thanks guys.. I already look like the female freak of the gym in the two places I do go so I am not to worried about the no female BBer's in there... I just put in earbuds, crank some tunes on iPod, and ignore the others...

I will check it out and most likely sign up when I go there Friday.. I think they open at 7am on weekends so that will work... I prefer 24/7 but...

GirlyMuscle
05-03-2009, 02:02 PM
24/7? There's always Planet Fitness. LMAO!!!!!!

lilarnold
05-04-2009, 07:51 PM
CARDINAL IS ONE OF MY 4 GYM MEMBERSHIPS.

the one i go to is a franchise and the owners are very bb friendly.......i have been to about 5 and ours is the only one with DB's up to 130....all the others were up to 100.

they have barbells and db's/.......what else do you need?...LOL

crashcrew56
05-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Important question, Cubs or Sox?

And onto the gym question Cardinal isn't bad and not expensive, it's actually better than some of the big chain gyms/"fitness clubs". I would definetly go for it if I was in you situation.

BLUEBARON75
05-11-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm gonna post this here and if a Mod feels it would be in a better spot feel free to move it....

do any of you or have any of you worked out at Cardinal Fitness? If so what are your thoughts opinions?

I realize it is not a hard core gym... hell I don't have one of those now but you make do with what you have in your area...

Here is the situation...M-F I live and work in Elmhurst IL... I work out at Xsport and the Courts - again not hard core but they have what I need to get the job done...

Starting this week... I will be helping out my mom at her job... I need the extra money... so it means 7 days a week for me... BUT that does NOT mean I slack with workouts on the weekends... I have 7 wks (photo shoots) and 17 wks (BBing competition) to prepare for

So I will stay the weekends at my brothers in Wheatfield IN and I will be working the part time gig in Merriville Indiana (laQuinta Inns)...

I need a gym that opens by at least 7am (earlier is prefered) I need a good hour to lift, cardio if need be can be done after work or outside.

That has shower facilities.

That has free weights area and cardio equipment.

Doesn't roll up the carpet at 5pm.

and most importantly does not have some stupid long term contract of a year... this whole thing will only be from now till when I move in late Sept to Florida - so I don't want a gym that makes me pay for a long term year long contract - and obviously the cheaper the better, I already pay for 2 gym memberships as it is...

so mom mentions there is a Cardinal Fitness Center near and they SEEM to have what I need but.... just wondering has anyone worked out there?

perhaps there may a golds gym near by?

GENESIS
05-11-2009, 05:14 PM
SOXXX WOOO WOO!!

but ya i used to work out at a cardinal and its ok.... went to lifetime and i havent looked back since. 24-7-365 love