PDA

View Full Version : Journey to a new fitter healthier Me :o)

p1nkangel
02-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Well I got the shock of my life today when I rejoined the gym world.
I joined up today and weighed myself on the digital scales and I found that I weighed heavier than i thought.

Now if it was all muscle I would be pleased but unfortunately its not. :o
I thought I was 10st 12lbs (152lbs) but no, I'm 11st 7lbs (161lbs) :eek:

I know what's happened...a serious lack of exercise and eating the wrong foods.

Today at the gym I trained chest and triceps. Just a warm up to get me back into the way of things.

I have eaten slightly more protein today plus smaller meals and my diet will be sorted by the end of this month when I get paid and do the food shopping.

I now have the motivation to train seriously and eat better as I am completely shocked at how much weight I have put on over this past half year.

The first hurdle was joining the gym again and I am pleased that I have achieved this today!

My next hurdle is to work out my training routine and what weight I should be lifting, plus cardio I need to do.

I have just sat through my OH eating a chocolate icecream lolly & I don't even crave for one!

Bring it on!!!

BigJD69
02-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Start by getting your diet in check. Cardio first thing upon waking, train with weights later in the afternoon, after a week or so you will be feeling better about yourself and the weight will come off GOOD LUCK!!!

tammyp
02-13-2009, 02:57 PM
post up your diet and training and maybe we can help you along the way

Elise
02-13-2009, 06:51 PM
U go girl! One step closer to success xo elise

Angela123
02-13-2009, 06:57 PM
glad to see you started a journal. and ur right...the worst part is over. u joined and saw the truth...the number on the scale. yes...you didnt like it...but that will just fuel you to work out better and stay away from the damn food. good luck and keep up with the journal. we will all be here to motivate you to stick with it. if u need any help, you have plenty here who will answer your questions.

p1nkangel
02-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Thank you all for your support! It sure does help motivate me! :D

I will get the cardio in a.m. for sure, then I'll get the weights in after work, early evening. As for my diet I've now resisted chocolate/junk for two days now! And that's with chocolate icecream lollies sitting in the freezer! ;) I'm actually looking forward to food shopping at the end of the month as I know I'll be buying food that will help me with my dieting and fuelling my workouts.

Once I get that underwraps I'll certainly get my diet posted and I would welcome any feedback on it. My diet sucks now as I have to wait until payday to do a shop as I already bought stuff to do me for the month at start of January. With the junk cut out I need to eat more and often, and of the right foods. :)

It really helps having an online journal because not only do I have to answer to myself for slacking, but everyone else can read it and it helps you not to slack. :D

Again many thanks for you support & advice. I can honestly say that it's greatly appreciated and welcomed.

Lavinia

p1nkangel
02-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Ooooh the muscle soreness that I haven't felt in a loooong time feels blooming great in a weird way :D

I can feel muscles that I've forgotten I had LOL

I'm taking a rest today as I have family commitments although I will get some walking in as I have two Staffordshire Bull Terriers who need walked 3-4 times a day! :eek:

I'll be back into the gym tomorrow and hope to train shoulders and biceps.

Lavinia

Gunz
02-14-2009, 09:45 AM
We all understand what you're going through. You can do this. Conquer one day at a time and before you know it....You'll be awesome!

p1nkangel
02-14-2009, 12:41 PM
We all understand what you're going through. You can do this. Conquer one day at a time and before you know it....You'll be awesome!

Thank you :) Its always good to be remembered that someone else has been at the starting stage at one point...I think sometimes its easy to forget that, especially when the motivation starts waivering.

Lavinia

tammyp
02-14-2009, 01:49 PM
its all starts with a single step.....
and btw...you have a really pretty name!

Kelly Baker
02-14-2009, 08:18 PM
The journal will definitely help. You'll be "accountable" to someone and be able to get all the great suggestions from the ladies who are here. Looking forward to seeing how you progress!

musclegoddess65
02-14-2009, 11:25 PM
those first few days are the toughest with getting the cravings out of your system, but you will find each day gets a little easier.

as Tammy said... it all begins with a single step, and you've taken that... keep posting the women here are GREAT!

p1nkangel
02-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks guys!

Well, I didn't make it to the gym yesterday...me bad...however I do have a good excuse.

It was an extremely nice day...and nice days don't come often here so I took my Vespa out for a ride. Did about 70 mile round trip. I got my scooter back in October '08 and I only have about 400 miles on the clock!

I ate well though so that was something, but I am defintely hitting the gym tonight for sure! I'll check back in later with my workout info.

p1nkangel
02-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Well I made it to the gym tonight! Yay! :D

Today I walked my puppies for approx 1 hour...can't really call it cardio though as they stop every 5 seconds for a sniff!!

Did 10 minute warmup on cross trainer

Trained shoulders

Seated Overhead Presses - Warmup 2 sets 12x2.5kg, then 4 sets 12x5kg

Side Lateral Raises - Warmup 2 sets 12x2.5kg, then 4 sets 12x4kg

Barbell Upright Rows - 5 sets 12x10kg

Trained Biceps

Standing Barbell Curls - 4 sets 12x10kg

Single Concentrated Cable Curls - 2 sets 12x4.5kg, 2 sets 8x4.5kg (failure)

Preacher Curl Machine - Warmup 1 set 12x5kg, 2 sets 10x10kg, 1 set 8x10kg (failure), 1 set 12x5kg

Cool Down - 10 minutes on cross trainer.

As you can see I'm unable to lift anything heavier at present, I know that I'm starting completely from the beginning but I feel such a weakling!

I was also thinking about getting a training diary to take with me to the gym so as I can note there and then what I've lifted and refer back over my workouts in the gym in order to push myself further.

Tomorrow I'm training my back...I love working my back :D however its leg day also :( I so detest working legs!!!

Please anyone feel free to comment on what training I'm doing as I will welcome any feedback/help on it.

Lavinia

musclegoddess65
02-16-2009, 07:06 PM
well first I gotta convert to pounds :)

I do suggest taking a notebook with you to the gym, write everything down and make notes where you think on the next workout you think you can go a bit heavier.

Grab a spotter in the gym from time to time to spot you so you CAN go a little heavier when you feel ready.

I'm with you on leg workouts... I'd rather train back and shoulders then legs anyday... but legs are my weak area so it also has to be my focus...

And don't feel like a weakling do what YOU can do but DO push yourself as you get stronger to do more... those last two or so reps of each set should be tough, if not, it is time to up the weight a bit....

p1nkangel
02-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Thankyou musclegoddess65 for the advice. I will get a notebook then and jot everything down.

I train with my OH so I have a spotter on tap so to speak LOL

Ooooh I need to build myself up for legs tonight! I know legs are a big strong muscle group (my mantra LOL) but I get strangely giddy when pushing myself doing squats :confused: and I just need to overcome that. :rolleyes:

Lavinia

Kelly Baker
02-17-2009, 10:58 AM
You can do it! I love to train legs because they are my trouble spot. I've never liked them, and they store fat. Therefore...I kill them in the gym.

p1nkangel
02-17-2009, 06:07 PM
You can do it! I love to train legs because they are my trouble spot. I've never liked them, and they store fat. Therefore...I kill them in the gym.

And I did it Kelly! :D I trained them legs. I probably could have pushed a bit harder but I wanted to find a comfortable weight and then I'll push from there.

So tonight my workout consisted of legs and back.

Warmup on Cross Trainer - 10 mins

Legs

Squats - Barbell - Warmup 2 sets 12repsx10kg, 2 sets 12repsx12.5kg, 2 sets 12x15kg

Seated leg extensions - Machine - Can't remember weight lifted as I increased with each set (this is where a training journal/notebook will come in handy)

Leg Press - Machine - As above

Back

Machine Rows - As above

Lat Pull Downs - Machine - As above

Bent Over Rows - Barbell - Warmup 2sets 12repsx12.5kg, 3 sets 12repsx15kg

Cool Down on Cross Trainer - 10mins

Throughout the day I walked the dogs for over 1hr.

Note to self: Get a notebook/training journal before tomorrows workout session.

Eating

I think I did pretty well on eating today except for bread! So here goes...

2 Turkey rashers
3 Slices wholemeal bread with organic peanut butter
Tuna, cottage cheese & raw vegetables all mixed together
Chicken breast with lettuce and cucumber in a brown bap
Chicken breast with tuna, cottage cheese & raw vegetables all mixed together (I made a huge pot of the stuff)

Its not quite the six meals a day that I'm aiming for but it's more smaller meals and more protein and no junk :D I've still a fair bit to go but I'm trying. :)

Tomorrow I'll hit up chest and triceps which I don't mind training. ;)

Kelly Baker
02-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Way to work it! Keep training hard! I'm picturing you smiling in the gym, just like you are on your avi!

Valkyrie
02-18-2009, 10:56 AM
http://www.irontrybe.com/forum/images/smilies/wavey.gif Looking good in here p1nk. :)

p1nkangel
02-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Thanks Ladies :)

Well as I'm feeling a tad on the low energy side and have a headache (which I know is down to not eating choclate) I'm going to use today as my rest day, then definitely hit up the gym tomorrow. I must say that I was starving last night! I haven't felt that in a long time but I know its because I'm not eating as much junk as I did before.

I've done good with eating today, even resisting dessert when out for lunch at Nandos! Plus we caught a movie (Hotel for Dogs) and I only had a handful of my OHs popcorn! :D

Went for a walk with my dogs just to chill out. Apart from that and a walk around town I've rested today.

Menu Today

Readybrek with semi skimmed milk & a teaspoon of splenda for flavour
2 Turkey rashers
Serving of spiced cashews, macadamia nuts & peanuts
Nandos Chicken (breast) Mediterranian Salad without dressing (lettuce, feta cheese, olives, baby tomatos, peppers)
Handful of popcorn
Tuna, cottage cheese & raw vegetables all mixed together
Chicken breast with a brown roll, lettuce & cucumber

So I'm gona kick back tonight and surf the net and just generally chill.
I will definitely be at the gym tomorrow!

Angela123
02-26-2009, 04:03 AM
what is going on in here? how is it all going? give us a update if u want! need any help?