PDA

View Full Version : Breast Implants and posture.

Chani
05-03-2009, 08:13 PM
If you've got a new set….. girlfriend, be proud and lose that shoulder shroud! Women are paying thousands of dollars for their new look, and then over the course of the next few months they develop rounded shoulders and a sunken chest. They don't want to look like they are flaunting their new improvements. Let me tell you, good posture is good posture. It shows confidence, courage and strength. Even if you feel you went too big, walk proud. Rounded shoulders will give you head aches, low back pain and begin the process of muscle imbalance.

Look at yourself in the mirror. Close your eyes and relax, pretend you are just standing in line at the grocery store. Now open your eyes, how is your posture? Are you rounded and dumping in your trunk? Does it look like your new large C's are headed to your belly button? It’s not too late to fix it.

Here's what to do...Stand up with your back against a wall. Your heels should be about 6 inches from the base board. Pull your belly button up and in, or imagine you are zipping on really tight jeans and hold your belly this way. With that position being held, now, take your heels back until they are touching the base board. Open those shoulders as much as possible pressing into the wall. You can even have someone lightly press on your shoulders to help stretch that chest. That should feel good, never so much it hurts. Holding that "feel" of belly zipped up and shoulders open step away from wall. You have found your perfect posture. Do this every morning until it feels natural. You will also need to do some back exercises to tighten up your upper back. Hey, you spent the money to improve your confidence with a new look. Now it’s up to you to do the work to make it look great.

Good Luck! Stay Strong!

Chani

Sistersteel
05-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Chani, that was lovely :) Thank you for posting that girlfriend!

SS

tight booty
05-04-2009, 12:37 AM
Good posture is slimming too. :) No protruding tummy if you stand up straight.

sassy69
05-04-2009, 03:10 AM
Another aspect of nooboobs is trying to sleep w/ them. I'm a stomach sleeper and had a terrible time sleeping on my back for the first 6 months. Even when I'd go in for a massage I'd have to ask for a towel to roll up and put above the girls so I wouldnt' squish them. Same for stomach sleeping. Except that then causes your back to arch too much. Its been a long time since I've had this problem (had them for 9 yrs now) but somethign to think about when you start out.

LOL other considerations now are doing cable rows - the grip has to eithe come above or below the girls. Same thing w/ preacher curls. Above or below and neither is optimal but right in the middle of them isn't an option.

tight booty
05-04-2009, 04:10 AM
Same goes for laying on your stomach at the beach. It's painful. I have to scrunch my clothes and place above my boobs, so that I can lay on my stomach. But otherwise at night, I don't even know they are there.

pillowtalk
05-04-2009, 05:48 AM
I got tired of a large, hard, overpowering rack, especially at my age, and on my small frame...I even felt like they made me look "fat" in baggy t shirts, starts to look ridiculous. Plus I feel they hide front lats...so I had a second boob job (silicone) to go smaller, softer and more natty looking...I like them much more than the baseball looking saline ones I had. JMO (and I can sleep on my stomach again!)

Nikki_MyBodyBeats
05-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Some times when I train chest my rest implant feels like it's being squeezed to death! It's even painful.....any tips for training chest after implants?

Chani
05-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Some times when I train chest my rest implant feels like it's being squeezed to death! It's even painful.....any tips for training chest after implants?

Nikki,

With implants, chest exercises should be done with a light weight and high rep. If you have under the muscle implants and go too heavy in your weights, as you build muscle mass you will create separation of the implants and lose your cleavage (your chest muscle will squeeze the implants outward). We've all seen it, its very common in female body builders.

If its painful, stop the exercise. To be safe, stick with light incline presses. If you have implants, you don't need to worry so much about your chest... work on your shoulders, lats etc, your implants are your chest...

- Chani

stephaniewicked
05-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Another aspect of nooboobs is trying to sleep w/ them. I'm a stomach sleeper and had a terrible time sleeping on my back for the first 6 months. Even when I'd go in for a massage I'd have to ask for a towel to roll up and put above the girls so I wouldnt' squish them. Same for stomach sleeping. Except that then causes your back to arch too much. Its been a long time since I've had this problem (had them for 9 yrs now) but somethign to think about when you start out.

6 months?? :( I had to sleep on my back or with pillows on my sides so I could half roll over on my side for about 6 weeks. Now it's been over 5 months and I have no problems. I had to do the same thing when I had massages too... that was too much pressure to put on them without a little support!

GirlyMuscle
05-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Is it true that once you have implants you can't train the chest heavy anymore?

Chani
05-09-2009, 09:35 PM
GirlyMuscle,

Chest training with under muscle implants is only necessary for general conditioning, not for building chest muscle. Aesthetically, the implants are now the chest. Concentrate on shoulder presses and light incline chest. Heavy traditional chest exercises will cause the implants to "push" out towards the armpits as the muscle strengthens and changes. So to answer your question, yes .. don't train heavy anymore.

- Chani

GeminiJedi
05-13-2009, 12:54 AM
Yea. My trainer and I do mostly incline chest exercises, and only a light burnout set of flat bench at the end. With the implants (and our suits) it's not quite as necessary, though flat bench presses are good to keep the girls (what little us nattys have ;) ) perky.

GirlyMuscle
05-13-2009, 09:17 AM
Guess there will be no implants for me then. Oh well.

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
05-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Is it true that once you have implants you can't train the chest heavy anymore?

My doctor said that you can still train the chest, you just have to do incline presses instead of flat presses.

You can go as heavy as you like at your own discretion. It all depends on if yo care or not wether your boobs separate. I chose to only go as high as 40 pounds 50 max, because I don't want to have a noticeable gap between them from building up the peck muscle too much.

There are women that really don't care if the peck muscle gets built up and they separate. It's a personal choice really.

As far as training chest, I have no problems with push ups, chest presses, flys....etc.....

It's a little awkward at first but you get used to it. I'm 700 ccs and they are almost touching when I stand normal, however, when I press and they separate, they look funny cuz they are so big.

There is a woman bodybuilder that sees my doctor as well, and she has 600ccs. You know she is lifting heavy chest.