PDA

View Full Version : Natural vs. Chem. Enhance....can a natural hang??

A-Maxx
05-03-2009, 10:38 PM
I always wondered...

for example

if a natural bodybuilder is 165lbs contest shape, with 5% bodyfat, properly carbed up and all

and a chemical enhance bodybuilder also competes at 165lbs contest with 5% bodyfat, properly carbed up and all

...would there be a major difference in the 2 physiques?

I am askin this becuz I have been natural for almost all my life but 4 years back..I took some anadrol pills for a few weeks..but decided to stop completely..after that..ive been training drug-free like a mad man

I really want to compete...but cuz my 3 week anadrol mishap, doesnt seem I have a shot at any natural leagues since its usually 5+ years clean to compete :(

the closest thing is NPC up here in new england...and I was wondering if I came in drug-free and sliced to the best I can..can I hang with a chemical enhance person that is in my same weight class???...and no, I am never resorting back to chemicals enhancements, it's just not me.

thanks

TheSpirit
05-04-2009, 01:11 AM
I always wondered...

for example

if a natural bodybuilder is 165lbs contest shape, with 5% bodyfat, properly carbed up and all

and a chemical enhance bodybuilder also competes at 165lbs contest with 5% bodyfat, properly carbed up and all

I am askin this becuz I have been natural for almost all my life but 4 years back..I took some anadrol pills for a few weeks..but decided to stop completely..after that..ive been training drug-free like a mad man

I really want to compete...but cuz my 3 week anadrol mishap, doesnt seem I have a shot at any natural leagues since its usually 5+ years clean to compete :(

the closest thing is NPC up here in new england...and I was wondering if I came in drug-free and sliced to the best I can..can I hang with a chemical enhance person that is in my same weight class???...and no, I am never resorting back to chemicals enhancements, it's just not me.

thanks
yes, if you have better structure and conditioning.

BrandonBass
05-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Contrary to what you may read on this forum and other forums like it; drugs are not as important as you may think! The answer to your question is YES. I personally have beaten a ton of drugged up fools onstage because genetics/structure/conditioning play a much more important role than drugs alone....

Take Jeff Rodriguez for example. He is natural. I don't think there are a lot of chemically enhanced amatuer guys in his weight class that could hang with him.

A-Maxx
05-05-2009, 12:32 AM
wow...thanks guys...I just really wanted to feel assured..

people are always tellin me...if you are natural..why are you gonna feed yourself to a pack of wolves in NPC...that statement discouraged me...then when I sat down and thought...if im in the same class with equal weight and possible awesome conditioning...it wouldnt matter if the guy next to me is on juice ;)

I do have an awesome structure...many many guys at the gym are surprised when I tell them im natural. Some NPC guys up here say I have the build of a young stan mcquay and recommend I should go on the sauce..but I refuse. I'm too gifted with my physique and I feel I can do without drugs

The Big Sexy
05-05-2009, 12:42 AM
Yes - Definitely. Might not be doing too well in the Super-Heavies... LOL - but at 165, sure.

SoxFan11
05-05-2009, 01:31 AM
I definitely think that a natural can hang with enhanced guys, but with some caveats. If we're talking about local and smaller regional shows, then I think that a natural can be very competitive, regardless of class. Once you get into larger regionals and/or national level competitions I don't believe that a natural larger than a middleweight could stand with the enhanced guys.

A-Maxx
05-05-2009, 01:41 AM
I definitely think that a natural can hang with enhanced guys, but with some caveats. If we're talking about local and smaller regional shows, then I think that a natural can be very competitive, regardless of class. Once you get into larger regionals and/or national level competitions I don't believe that a natural larger than a middleweight could stand with the enhanced guys.

that's what I kinda thought..thanks

MRT
05-05-2009, 03:13 AM
at the lower weights definetly

AVBG
05-05-2009, 03:37 PM
The shorter naturals can hang moreso than the tall.

Reloaded
05-05-2009, 07:15 PM
The thing is, you guys are forgetting about receptors . The muscle on the enhanced competitor would look more round, and thicker, simply because of the andro pump. Guys who are "on" should know what i mean, you know that pump you get when the shit kicks in? The immense glyco load as well..

joelster
05-05-2009, 07:28 PM
I always wondered...

for example

thanks

Go ahead and compete in a natural show. You have zero gained muscle from the anadrol you took. You will pass a polygraph for a local show, because even if you fail they will still say you passed. Local shows very rarely turn down entrants. They want as many people competing as they can get, usually.

fitmomma3
05-05-2009, 07:39 PM
npc in our area (New England) offers natural shows and I believe it's only natural for a shorter period of time a year or two... I know Ron Haris competed in one as he has been off gear a few years you could contact him and find out or email our chairman at npcnewengland.com. I know there's one in CT in Nov. Also I'll have to upload pics later but last year at the Maggie Fit the winner in the middleweights was a natural competitor (he competes at many fully tested shows locally) and he beat out even more mature competitors his conditioning was SICK I'll have to put up pics later or maybe tommorow. I do think anything over middlewight it would be really tough for a natty to hang.

AVBG
05-05-2009, 07:56 PM
The thing is, you guys are forgetting about receptors . The muscle on the enhanced competitor would look more round, and thicker, simply because of the andro pump. Guys who are "on" should know what i mean, you know that pump you get when the shit kicks in? The immense glyco load as well..

I don't really agree, I don't think the andro pump on the guys who "are on" (who are around the 165 mark) is really as pronounced on the taller bodybuilders who are on. The lighter weights at the nationals and usa's have had some IFBB pro qualified competitors come through the ranks who have claimed natural status.

fitmomma3
05-05-2009, 08:11 PM
OK guy in the middle in the black trunks won the class I believe his number says 150 but the pics arn't great. LIke I said he's known to be natural but I don't know how old he is or how long he's been training both very important factors... his conditioning is what stood out. This was the middlweight class at the Maggie Fit in RI last year it's going on this Sat if you wanna check it out.

AVBG
05-05-2009, 08:33 PM
The guy on his right with the shaved head, he's got a monsterous back. Tough class props on the win.

A-Maxx
05-05-2009, 09:15 PM
thanks fitmomma3

I did notice the NPC had some natural shows...I'll definitely look into those

SoxFan11
05-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Totally off-topic but we need to do another MA/New England thread like Ron started over on MD.

A-Maxx
05-06-2009, 01:19 AM
Totally off-topic but we need to do another MA/New England thread like Ron started over on MD.

I wonder how many NE people are up in RXM???

eattrainsleep
05-10-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm doing the NPC Arizona Open July 18th and I'm natural... I'll let you know how it goes. I'll be about 160-165 when I hit the stage. I know I won't be the biggest but I'm hoping to come in lean as hell to make up for it. The reason I'm not doing a natural show is because this show just happens to be really convenient for me so I said Fuck it

dropshot001
05-11-2009, 01:01 PM
with good conditioning i'd say that he could. height will play a factor in it as well

J. Daniels
05-13-2009, 03:06 PM
I hate to be negative but there is no way a natural can get the same conditioning as someone who is using. You may be the same height and weight but the hardness and fullness will be completely differant.

That being said, you never know what kind of shape the others will be in. Just come in perfect and maybe they'll be off.

Compete to be the best YOU can be. Not for a 2 dollar trophy.

TheSpirit
05-14-2009, 02:58 PM
I hate to be negative but there is no way a natural can get the same conditioning as someone who is using. You may be the same height and weight but the hardness and fullness will be completely differant.

That being said, you never know what kind of shape the others will be in. Just come in perfect and maybe they'll be off.

Compete to be the best YOU can be. Not for a 2 dollar trophy.
Ben Goin- WNBF

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r99/peregrino9/0430090217_0001jpeg.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r99/peregrino9/0427091838jpeg.jpg

I think you are wrong about conditioning, I will have to search for the other pics of him showing fullness and post later.

joedemarco
05-15-2009, 09:33 AM
I wonder how many NE people are up in RXM???

North of Boston here!

In regards to the topic of this thread, I'm life time natural and never have trouble hanging in NPC competitions.

lilfella
06-07-2009, 02:39 PM
If you have better parents. AKA genetics