PDA

View Full Version : hardcore

robert da strongman
05-04-2009, 02:51 PM
anyone read this?

http://www.rxmuscle.com/articles/romanos-rage/258-asylum-gym-hardcore-compact.html

i think i need to head to Houston

crashcrew56
05-04-2009, 09:02 PM
that looks like a sweet place, sounds just like the gym I train at, except mine doesn't have the spray paint on the walls

robert da strongman
05-04-2009, 09:03 PM
that looks like a sweet place, sounds just like the gym I train at, except mine doesn't have the spray paint on the walls

lances gym in chicago pretty damn hardcore

crashcrew56
05-04-2009, 09:16 PM
I lift at Jakked Hardcore in Montgomery, it's so harcore it even in the name. Seriously though it's a great gym, the owners are awesome, and I actually just found out the PL team just took 1st at the UPA nationals

robert da strongman
05-04-2009, 09:18 PM
I lift at Jakked Hardcore in Montgomery, it's so harcore it even in the name. Seriously though it's a great gym, the owners are awesome, and I actually just found out the PL team just took 1st at the UPA nationals

well you have a good place to train!

musclegoddess65
05-04-2009, 09:19 PM
mmm I am thinking Jakked isn't all that far from me... I've gotta check it out!

musclegoddess65
05-04-2009, 09:20 PM
lances gym in chicago pretty damn hardcore

have to check out this one too.

crashcrew56
05-04-2009, 09:20 PM
I definetly suggest training there if it's close by, they have great rates and no contracts

robert da strongman
05-04-2009, 09:21 PM
I definetly suggest it training there if it's close by, the have great rates and no contracts

only if i move back...but then i would train at quads in cal city

orlando barbell is closer.

crashcrew56
05-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Robert have you ever trained at Frantz's gym?

robert da strongman
05-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Robert have you ever trained at Frantz's gym?

that was too far north for me.

musclegoddess65
05-05-2009, 08:12 AM
I definetly suggest training there if it's close by, they have great rates and no contracts

hey thanks for PMing me the link... its a bit of a hike from Elmhurst so not a daily thing but for a $6 day fee, ya I can find a day off to head out that way!

My new found friend at the gym (he is in his 60's I think) use to be a power lifter back in his day and mentioned this same gym to me about a week or so ago...he used to train there...

musclegoddess65
05-05-2009, 08:13 AM
might have to check out this Orlando barbell when I am there in June....

BrotherIron
05-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Best gym in the South East bar none is Coffee's Gym. Has everything for the PL, Oly Lifter, and Strongman.

Not to mention ya got Gold Medalist Olympic Weight lifters who come in from time to time, some great PL there on a daily basis like Curtis Leslie, and quite a few Strongmen as well.

Next time anyone is down near GA check John out. You won't be dissapointed.

crashcrew56
05-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Hopefully I'll see you there musclegoddess, I'm usually there on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturday. That's when we do our PL workouts, don't worry though we have our own part of the gym

robert da strongman
05-05-2009, 11:32 AM
what part of georgia?

musclegoddess65
05-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Hopefully I'll see you there musclegoddess, I'm usually there on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturday. That's when we do our PL workouts, don't worry though we have our own part of the gym

not sure how I'd know its you... I doubt you'd be in your flight gear!! Me..I'm easy to spot...

crashcrew56
05-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Well, I'm one of the younger guys that works out there, I have short brown hair but that doesn't help, I guess you could look at my pictures and see what I look like

heavies
05-05-2009, 08:19 PM
what part of georgia?

I'd like to know this as well........ I live downtown, but fixing to move out to Douglas Co. looking for a dungeon to train in........

Ryan Bracewell
05-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Here is some of the lifting that goes on in the Asylum. Most of the videos are of myself, Travis Ortmayer, or Andy Vincent(newest ASC hw pro).

Andy and I - squats and rack pulls
YouTube - SS Bar Box Squats and Rack Pull

My 800 DL
YouTube - Deadlift 800 lbs for 1 rep

Ortmayer practicing for the 2009 Arnold
YouTube - Travis Ortmayer -Circus Dumbell Training 200 lbs

YouTube - Travis Ortmayer & Ryan Bracewell Tire Deadlift workout

Travis and I - Squats and 2009 Europa DL Medley
YouTube - Travis Ortmayer and Ryan Bracewell lower body 4-5-09

robert da strongman
05-05-2009, 08:37 PM
damn...MORE!!!

Ryan Bracewell
05-05-2009, 08:40 PM
The arnold dumbbell is travis's youtube account, or is wife's actually so you will see several of him on that account.

all the rest are on my account. I probably like like 80 videos uploaded, and over half are in the gym.

musclegoddess65
05-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Dayum!!!!

robert da strongman
you go by your name there? i will have to add it when i get home.
thanks for posting that stuff.

robert da strongman
Dayum!!!!

you saw them at the europa...

musclegoddess65
05-05-2009, 08:43 PM
The arnold dumbbell is travis's youtube account, or is wife's actually so you will see several of him on that account.

all the rest are on my account. I probably like like 80 videos uploaded, and over half are in the gym.

gotta go find ya on youtube now... :D

musclegoddess65
05-05-2009, 08:44 PM

I KNOW!!! might have to stop in Georgia on my way to Florida.... :cool:

Ryan Bracewell
05-05-2009, 08:47 PM
my account on youtube is Nonevo, but you can find it by searching my name. I am pretty good about putting the lifters name in the tag lines.

musclegoddess65
05-05-2009, 08:47 PM

still impressive... even more so live but what y'all do is amazing... now I just wanna see some women at the competitions....

I gotta say though you teach good form Rob... first thing I notice when I watch others lift, specially heavy like that

BrotherIron
05-06-2009, 11:19 AM
what part of georgia?

He's off Lower Roswell Rd. The gym's up I-75N off exit 263. It's in Marietta peeps.

robert da strongman
05-06-2009, 11:21 AM
thanks Brother...

road trip....

musclegoddess65
05-06-2009, 11:33 AM
thanks Brother...

road trip....

wait till after Sept and I'll drive!!

BrotherIron
05-06-2009, 11:39 AM
thanks Brother...

road trip....

I would suggest doing it after June since the gym will be empty b/c everyone will be at Nats.

robert da strongman
05-06-2009, 11:42 AM
oh yeah it will be after that

robert da strongman
05-06-2009, 11:43 AM
wait till after Sept and I'll drive!!

gotcha!

musclegoddess65
05-06-2009, 12:04 PM
gotcha!

rock on!

or, well, lift on :)

I mean I assume they let girls in there :D

BrotherIron
05-06-2009, 12:40 PM
rock on!

or, well, lift on :)

I mean I assume they let girls in there :D

Actually it's a private gym believe it or not considering he just reopened this one for his athletes but yeah women lift in there.

I'm assuming you know little to nothing about John Coffee with that last statement.

Sistersteel
05-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Actually it's a private gym believe it or not considering he just reopened this one for his athletes but yeah women lift in there.

I'm assuming you know little to nothing about John Coffee with that last statement.

What BrotherIron is trying to say is that John Coffee actually PREFERS to have female lifters. He loves having the girls around.

He actually cares very little for the guys on the team regardless of their potential.

SS

musclegoddess65
05-06-2009, 03:37 PM

not a thing... so I just need to bat my eyes and talk sweet right :p

musclegoddess65
05-06-2009, 03:38 PM
What BrotherIron is trying to say is that John Coffee actually PREFERS to have female lifters. He loves having the girls around.

He actually cares very little for the guys on the team regardless of their potential.

SS

well I don't lift the poundages you do SS but... maybe someday :D

Sistersteel
05-06-2009, 06:15 PM
well I don't lift the poundages you do SS but... maybe someday :D

All you need to do is show enthusiasm for the sport. When he gets you under the bar he will know if there is potential.

BrotherIron
05-06-2009, 07:43 PM
not a thing... so I just need to bat my eyes and talk sweet right :p

He absolutely LOVES the women lifters like SS said. Sweet talk him and he'll show you TONS of attention.

He just doesn't give a sh^t for his male lifters no matter how good they are. Hell, one of our male lifters is going to the next Olympics. It's a done deal but John could care less. John's letting him leave and go train with the Bulgarian's Olympic Weightlifting Coach.

SUMO
05-06-2009, 07:51 PM
He absolutely LOVES the women lifters like SS said. Sweet talk him and he'll show you TONS of attention.

He just doesn't give a sh^t for his male lifters no matter how good they are. Hell, one of our male lifters is going to the next Olympics. It's a done deal but John could care less. John's letting him leave and go train with the Bulgarian's Olympic Weightlifting Coach.
Sounds like Siouxcountry if he owned a gym (for those of you that don't get that, you really should visit the Pit every now and then :D)

robert da strongman
05-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Sounds like Siouxcountry if he owned a gym (for those of you that don't get that, you really should visit the Pit every now and then :D)

haha..ass
gotta say not many men can take the abuse. i would rather see more strongwomen and oly lifters.

musclegoddess65
05-06-2009, 09:47 PM
All you need to do is show enthusiasm for the sport. When he gets you under the bar he will know if there is potential.

i find the sport extremely interesting and like a sponge love sucking up knowledge about various ways to train and take myself to new levels... had I stayed on the east coast I would probably be more into power lifting than BBing... my trainer at the time, who I adored, was very into the sport, kept trying to get me to join his power lifting team....

Sistersteel
05-07-2009, 12:28 AM
i find the sport extremely interesting and like a sponge love sucking up knowledge about various ways to train and take myself to new levels... had I stayed on the east coast I would probably be more into power lifting than BBing... my trainer at the time, who I adored, was very into the sport, kept trying to get me to join his power lifting team....

Some coaches/trainers make great mentors. I know John has had a very big influence in my life and I love him dearly. I am very grateful that he has taken me under his wing and made a great lifter out of me.

If you are ever on the East coast, drop a girl a line and we can hit the joint together for a day. It'll be a great experience, I promise you.

SS

musclegoddess65
05-07-2009, 08:10 AM
Some coaches/trainers make great mentors. I know John has had a very big influence in my life and I love him dearly. I am very grateful that he has taken me under his wing and made a great lifter out of me.

If you are ever on the East coast, drop a girl a line and we can hit the joint together for a day. It'll be a great experience, I promise you.

SS

so i take it your in Georgia area then SS? I'm thinking once I move to Florida in Sept.... mmm Georgia ain't that far away!!!! :beerbang:

Sistersteel
05-07-2009, 10:53 AM
so i take it your in Georgia area then SS? I'm thinking once I move to Florida in Sept.... mmm Georgia ain't that far away!!!! :beerbang:
A-town baby!