PDA

View Full Version : off season diets. list them!

kcm3000
05-04-2009, 09:20 PM
just finished a show. was wondering what you guys do to gain the most lean mass while keeping BF% as low as possible.

is it possible to gain weight on the Keto diet??? if so what should the ratios be.

my off season diet worked okay but i want better. it consisted of lean meats, dairy, fruits and veggies, didnt gain any bf, lost bf very slow and gained lean weight. the breakdown was 50g protein, 40g carbs, 20g fat each meal...eat when hungry. i ate about 7x a day

mangoat
05-05-2009, 12:06 AM
What difference in results do you expect to achieve with this diet over the last one. If your off season diet works, you gaining well and staying lean, don't screw with it.

vboissiere
05-05-2009, 03:55 AM
Hells yes it's possible to gain weight on a keto diet. less stress on the body as well.

Bob Smith Jr.
05-05-2009, 08:22 AM
well if u diet on keto, for the offseason, add 25-50g carbs (for men) 15-30 (For women) per meal, and then just go from there. I did dave's offseason for 2 months of my offseason last year. I noticed I stayed a lot leaner than i usually do, just from eating less starchy carbs probably, and gained quite a bit of muscle too. Offseason really differs from person to person though, even more so than contest diets. Some people don't even have a set offseason diet, they just eat when they're hungry or whatever.

kcm3000
05-06-2009, 09:01 AM
well if u diet on keto, for the offseason, add 25-50g carbs (for men) 15-30 (For women) per meal, and then just go from there. I did dave's offseason for 2 months of my offseason last year. I noticed I stayed a lot leaner than i usually do, just from eating less starchy carbs probably, and gained quite a bit of muscle too. Offseason really differs from person to person though, even more so than contest diets. Some people don't even have a set offseason diet, they just eat when they're hungry or whatever.

yeah i eat when i get hungry, but would your body stay in ketosis with 30-50g carbs per meal? i dont think so, but i guess that would be a good off season diet adding in a little extra carbs for the calories, like fruits and veggies for carbs.

any suggestions on supps. im takin glutamine, bcaas, LBAs, multi v, whey, kre alkaline...

any1 else have anything that they like?

GirlyMuscle
05-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Try Dave's. You won't be in ketosis. You'll have enough carbs to build on but not so much that you gain a lot of fat. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Lee Penman
05-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Since I no longer compete I don't have an 'off season' / pre-contest diet. I guess my eating habits would be considered strange, but they usually result in me staying lean all year and gaining about 4- 5lbs of extra muscle in the last year whilst maintaining the same BF level.

GottaGetLean
06-15-2009, 06:47 PM
offseason diet when coming off diets such as the keto diet or "the palumbo diet" you could take in about .6 x lbm for carbs and keep the fat the same if not a little bit higher like .6 x lbm for fats and 1.5 x lbm for protein.. just carbs should only be taken in Meal 1 and pwo and pwo2.. usually works for me

bringingthehuge
06-16-2009, 12:33 PM
Try Dave's. You won't be in ketosis. You'll have enough carbs to build on but not so much that you gain a lot of fat. Sounds like a win-win to me.
I used Dave's off season diet last year with good results, its in the begining of his thread if you want to try it

raging pitbull
07-10-2009, 03:29 PM
eat every 2.5-3hrs protein, carbs, and fat. 6-12 meals a day depending how long im awake. im making great gains.

q80flex
08-15-2009, 05:50 AM
where can find offseason diet for dave

Shulk
08-16-2009, 01:09 PM
MEALS

Meal #1
2 whole eggs, 4 egg whites, 5 oz. lean beef 3/4 cup oatmeal before cooking

Meal #2
(Shake Option): 3 Scoops UMP 16 oz. water (or less water as a pudding) with 4 tbsp heavy cream

Meal #3
10 oz. chicken (before cooking) 6 oz. red potato, 6 oz sweet potato or 1 cup cooked rice, 2 cups vegetables or salad w/ 2 TBS. Low Cal Dressing

Meal #4
(Shake Option): 3 Scoops UMP 16 oz. water (or less water as a pudding) with 4 tbsp heavy cream

Meal #5
10 oz. sirloin steak or other meat6 oz. potato, 2 cups vegetables or large salad

Meal #6

Supplements:
1 super pak with breakfast
4 Ultra 40's each meal
4 Mass Aminos each meal
2 scoops NO-Xplode Pre workout

Cheat meal 1x per week
1000-1200 calories
low protein, low fat
example large bowl of pasta, low fat cheese pizza, etc.

Shulk
08-16-2009, 01:10 PM
I weigh about 180-181lbs and this diet works very well to keep me lean in the offseason. I use beverly international supplements.

DAVIDHARDY
08-17-2009, 08:28 AM
just finished a show. was wondering what you guys do to gain the most lean mass while keeping BF% as low as possible.

is it possible to gain weight on the Keto diet??? if so what should the ratios be.

my off season diet worked okay but i want better. it consisted of lean meats, dairy, fruits and veggies, didnt gain any bf, lost bf very slow and gained lean weight. the breakdown was 50g protein, 40g carbs, 20g fat each meal...eat when hungry. i ate about 7x a day

Absolutly, I have a friend that is an NGA pro and also a powerlifter. He wanted to maximize muscle gains this off season while still staying under a certian weight for powerlifting meets. He used the CKD and went from 163lbs with 4.5% bf to 180 with right at 8% in 3 months and he said that he is stronger now than ever, so strength isn't an issue. He swares by it and I'm thinking about giving it a shot my next offseason as well. I hope this helps in some way. Good luck bro.