PDA

View Full Version : Crossovers

MsGuns
05-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Bikini & Figure....

Do you think they should be allowed at the local level if they cant do it at the national level?

~gymdiva~
05-05-2009, 02:10 PM
nope!

stephaniewicked
05-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Doesn't make sense to me since they are supposed to be two completely different looks... I can see how it benefits the promoters ($$$), but still doesn't make sense otherwise.

ironwarrior22
05-05-2009, 03:50 PM
I think it's fine. Especially if they don't know which one to do it will prolly help there decision. I think the main focus should be in setting the proper judging criteria, which should make it impossible to win multiple divisions at the same show.

MsGuns
05-05-2009, 05:21 PM
I think it's fine. Especially if they don't know which one to do it will prolly help there decision. I think the main focus should be in setting the proper judging criteria, which should make it impossible to win multiple divisions at the same show.

They can do a different show.

sassy69
05-05-2009, 05:28 PM
No. It completely negates the whole purpose of creating different & distinct categories. Even if it promotes more $ for the promoters in the form of entry fees, it is very short-sighted in terms of promoting a clear path "up" in terms of physique advancement.

MsGuns
05-05-2009, 05:40 PM
No. It completely negates the whole purpose of creating different & distinct categories. Even if it promotes more $ for the promoters in the form of entry fees, it is very short-sighted in terms of promoting a clear path "up" in terms of physique advancement.

Awarding the same person as the WINNER for both divisions is very confusin.

SadFatty
05-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Definately not!

partsRheavy
05-05-2009, 10:23 PM
No.

No crossovers between Figure and BB either.

I think the amount of training and type of diet for each are intended to be different.

I think that crossovers between Juniors and Open or Masters and Open are OK, as long as they're within the same category bikini/figure/fitness/BB.

GirlyMuscle
05-05-2009, 10:24 PM
No crossovers period.

KBigz81
05-05-2009, 11:23 PM
no crossovers between any division. I know someone who just got screwed over by a girl who won overall in figure and bodybuilding. But that same girl who won was being sponsored by a company that was sponsoring the show. Politics!

jjorr
05-06-2009, 12:39 AM
No crossovers period.

Totally agree......it drags out the shows too much!

~gymdiva~
05-06-2009, 12:42 AM
I don't mind a figure and fitness crossover, especially at the local level b/c they're trying to get feedback on which they should do...but yeah, crossovers b/w bikini and anything or bb and figure should go bye-bye...

4evermuscle
05-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Crossovers are a terrible idea for every division, at every level.

JVALDEZ
05-06-2009, 12:53 AM
No,no,no,no.........figure is figure and bikini is bikini!

Allifit
05-06-2009, 07:51 AM
I don't mind a figure and fitness crossover, especially at the local level b/c they're trying to get feedback on which they should do...but yeah, crossovers b/w bikini and anything or bb and figure should go bye-bye...

agreed.

Kitty Kat
05-07-2009, 06:54 PM
deft not...

RDFinders
05-07-2009, 08:00 PM
INBF allows crossovers. figure girls usually don't do well b/c the bikini division wants a different look and vice versa. i think the problem comes when it is clearly stated that there are two different looks and one physique types wins both divisions.

carrie ann simmons
05-08-2009, 12:46 AM
Nope.

AllieCos
05-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Nope

Fitswim by Celeste
05-08-2009, 09:15 AM
no, never.

roeperson
05-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Maybe we should not have cross overs at the Local level but the problem lies when the figure/bikini girl who wins looks amazing and the rest of the competition is sub par.I guess the judges are going to pick the girl that looks good to win both divisions if everyone else looks subpar. The judges can only judge whats on stage.
At the local level I have seen plenty of figure competitors that look much better(Ripped and conditioned) then the bodybuilders again you can only judge what shows up.

MsGuns
05-09-2009, 05:33 PM
http://www.npcnewsonline.com/new/2009BOGMeeting.html

December 1, 2008
TO : District Chairpersons
SUBJECT : 2009 RULE CHANGES AND BIKINI DIVISION GUIDELINES
At our November 20, 2008 meeting in Atlanta, Georgia the following rules/changes were mandated:

A new division – NPC Bikini – was implemented. (See attached guidelines and rules)
New Rules for National Contests:
An athlete may qualify in any division – bodybuilding, fitness, figure and in 2009 bikini however when they enter a national contest they must select one division as a competitor. IF they qualify in more than one division they must select only one division – no crossovers
For all other contests, crossovers are permitted at the discretion of the promoter with the District Chairpersons approval.
If a competitor qualifies as a Masters competition, they are limited to compete in the masters divisions only.

Beginning in 2008, eligibility is reduced to one year for National contests with the exception of the Nationals and USA Championships that have two (2) years of eligibility.
Eligibility for athletes that qualified in 2007 will be grandfathered under the previous eligibility.

The overall second place in women’s bodybuilding at the USA Championships will receive her pro card – the same as the men at this contest.
Fitness is reduced to two (2) rounds. Each round is scored at 50% of the final score
Two piece suit. And,
routine round

Figure is reduced to one (1) round

Two piece suit

The NPC registration fee for 2009 is $85.00

sassy69
05-09-2009, 06:10 PM
For a promoter, cross-overs means multiple entry fees per person. From a financial standpoint it'd be stupid not to allow it. For the purpose of qualifying for a Pro card, it isn't right. But from the standpoint of trying to clearly define wtf eeach of these categories is, so those within them can seek to perfect their physiques within those definitions, its just going to perpetuate the squishiness in the current definitions and judging criteria.

GeminiJedi
05-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Maybe we should not have cross overs at the Local level but the problem lies when the figure/bikini girl who wins looks amazing and the rest of the competition is sub par.I guess the judges are going to pick the girl that looks good to win both divisions if everyone else looks subpar. The judges can only judge whats on stage.
At the local level I have seen plenty of figure competitors that look much better(Ripped and conditioned) then the bodybuilders again you can only judge what shows up.

Agreed. I know one lady that won both fitness and figure a few years ago, and she EASILY could have taken bodybuilding as well had she entered. It's difficult at the local level because there are some ladies that bring it and some ladies with physiques that are sub par. Here, many of the figure ladies are in much better condition than the bodybuilders, with an occasional exception, of course.

x2! There was a distinct separation made by one judge here between a "Figure or BB PHYSIQUE" and a "bikini BODY." Some of the bikini girls have amazing bodies, for sure, but they're not building a physique of any fashion, like figure or bodybuilding does. There should be a progression of building, from bikini, to figure, to bodybuilding, and cross-overs at the same show detract from that progression.

HeavyDutyGuy
05-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Why have a seperate bikini division, and then have crossovers from bikini to figure or vice versa? Makes no sense.