PDA

View Full Version : keto diet training

raging pitbull
05-06-2009, 12:24 AM
what kind of weight training should be done while in ketosis? (ex. hit, , giant set training,) how many sets reps per exercise?

Dan
05-06-2009, 12:38 AM
Hit

Koubs
05-06-2009, 12:47 AM
You'd want to stay away from real high volume stuff... Palumbo himself recommends a lower overall volume, lifting in the 4-8 rep range... After a proper warm-up, these are some good guidelines for total number of sets per bodypart:

Back: 8-10 sets
Chest: 6-8 sets
Quads: 5-8 sets
Hamstrings: 3-5 sets
Shoulders: 4-6 sets
Bi's: 3-6 sets
Tri's: 3-6 sets

AVBG
05-06-2009, 02:56 AM
Higher intensity/lower volume. Koubs is spot on.

meatheadio
05-06-2009, 04:37 AM
I agree, but would go even lower on the volume.
Except for maybe the first few weeks of the diet due to the increased fat, you will not be able to build muscle.
Theres not point bashing the shit out of something you dont have the means to build back up again.
Id recommend 5-6 sets for major body parts (quads,hams,back,chest) and 3-4 for minor body parts (delts, bi's,tri's,calves).
It can be hard to adjust to doing this little volume but once you get over the mental hurdle it works great.
I used to be a volume guy but have lowered my volume (and increased intensity) over the years.
For example-A typical back workout would be 16-20 sets.
Today I did back and biceps in 5 sets.

stas86
05-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Heavy basic compound movements, 4 exercise per body part , 3 sets 6-8 reps is what works best for me.

vboissiere
05-14-2009, 05:47 AM
DC training works well on a Keto diet

MiniHercules
06-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Do you recomend the keto D for beginers ? Im looking to add strength and size But i am new to the whole working out thing ?

AFTazz06
06-15-2009, 11:44 PM
Do you recomend the keto D for beginers ? Im looking to add strength and size But i am new to the whole working out thing ?

It might be best for you to just eat alot of food and put on size first. UNLESS you have excess fat on you right now. If not, go with the Off season diet.

the mighty stu
06-16-2009, 09:03 PM
I don't usually do keto-dieting, but more of a carb cycling approach. What I did during my recent contest prep, was to have two 'low' carb days each week. As the show got closer, they became 'keto' days. On these days I did no weight work, only some abs, and Interval work. I think this approach allowed me to keep a good amount of carbs on my other days, and preserve a lot of LBM while getting cut at the same time.

Just my two cents :)

S

MashkaNY
06-21-2009, 02:22 PM
llol i dont know but no matter what i do, half hr and im DONE, its like a time bomb. the other day i pushed myself , duno why, for extra half hr, so ended up training for 1 hr or so... so then i was sleeping from 7pm sat till 10 am monday loll and i would've slept more, but had things to do lol

but yeah, no kidding, half hr, and you can bearly move, its crazy