PDA

View Full Version : velocity diet

tribal
05-06-2009, 01:38 AM
im not tryin this, but im curious to see if anyone has? http://ifitandhealthy.com/velocity-diet-explained/ sorry bout the link, not much info given

fits
05-06-2009, 05:36 AM
Iwas goign to try this, purley because I like a challange and I think it would be! You can defiantely loose allot of weight fast which in some cases can be a good thing.

They recon you wont loose much muscle, but from the before and after photos I saw were not that impressive. And if you dont use ££££££ worth of Biotest products then they say it wont be effective. Would like to try this for a short while to see If u could do it.

I don't need to loose muscle though, I have fcuk all to start with :-)

fitmomma3
05-06-2009, 07:09 AM
Although I'm sure you lose a lot quickly the entire program with all the products is very expensive and it's essentially a liquid diet with one solid meal per week. There is a set training and cardio protocol to go along with it as I would assume your energy levels would not be normal without solid food. And it is only recommended to be done for four weeks max.
The full info on diet/supplements/training/cardio here: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_program/sports_body_training_diet_velocity/the_indisputable_secret_to_body_transformation

Frosty
05-06-2009, 08:12 PM
I don't agree with the entire plan as laid out at T-Nation. Suffice it to say it works...very well...and it's hard....VERY hard.

tribal
05-07-2009, 01:21 AM
I don't agree with the entire plan as laid out at T-Nation. Suffice it to say it works...very well...and it's hard....VERY hard.
did you try it or know someone who tried it?

Frosty
05-07-2009, 01:27 AM
I've used it myself and also seen others use it with success.

tribal
05-07-2009, 02:03 AM
I've used it myself and also seen others use it with success.
nice new avatar (homo...............jk)..what do recommend that its best used for? im going to guess that your not only going to recommend it for obese couch potatos, since you yourself has used it, an you are far from sedentary/obese

Frosty
05-07-2009, 02:08 AM
It's good for extreme fat loss in the shortest period possible. I don't know of anything that works faster.

However you can get the same results with a bit more time with a keto diet like Dave's. And in fact, it may be arguable better results because the concern with the V-Diet is the possibility of catastrophic failure and bad rebound. Slower and steady is better in my opinion because of this. The people that make transformations generally are the people that have a moderate diet and stick to it for a long time, not people that tried extreme methods.

fits
05-07-2009, 05:14 AM
What do you use now days Frosty? daves? or your own 'tweaked' version of Daves?

Frosty
05-07-2009, 12:44 PM
I couldn't honestly say it's straight Dave's diet...it's tweaked slightly with the fish oil, but otherwise pretty damn close. I just believe in higher doses of fish oil and less omega-6 fats than is in Dave's diet.

Gothic Muscle
05-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Hey Frosty,do you know what your o6:o3 ratio is, I'm trying to get mine down to a 1:1 or 2:1 o6:o3!

Frosty
05-07-2009, 02:16 PM
I try to keep mine around 1:1 or even more omega-3s when it comes to cutting. It varies depending on the fish oil being used, the dose, and the foods I eat.

Karuk
07-22-2009, 02:57 PM
I'm considering running the Velocity diet for 4-6 weeks. I have been running dave's diet and not much is happening. My main issue has to do with cardio. I do not have 2 hours a day 7 days a week or more to do cardio. I have 3 kids (1 in just amont old) and a wonderful girl at home. My family needs me at home during the evening. I wake at 3:30am to train or do cardio. I go home and have to get the kids situated before leaving for work. I get home at 6pm and take over running the show so my girl can relax. I am so tired by 9pm I have to go to bed.

I'm planning on going to the Olympia again this year. I have used that weekend as the end date for my dieting program. I usualy have 12-15 weeks but with the new baby I have more like 9 weeks. I want to drop 25-30 lbs.

Any thoughts.