PDA

View Full Version : Calorie Needs - Fat Loss has Slowed?

euclid
05-06-2009, 12:48 PM
This could be a long post, so I apologize in advance for my wordiness.

Since April 1 I've been on a very strict diet with my main goal being to cut down to about 12% body, from what I estimate was about 25-27% bodyfat.

I've read a ton of information, asked a ton of questions and from there made my diet and stuck to it through today. However, I have not seen the scale move down in 2 weeks and my bodyfat caliper has been stuck at right around 18-18.5% for the past two weeks as well. I am taking measurements at my stomach, above my pelvic bone.

I'm consuming 2500 calories a day, 45% lean protein (mostly fish and chicken, eggs, ON whey powder), 35% carbs (brown rice, green vegetables) and 20% fats from olive oil, almonds, peanut butter (nat.) and almond butter.

I feel like I am losing fat and my size 34 pants actually fit me now, but am not seeing significant changes in the mirror and am wondering if I need to further reduce my calories to maybe 2000 day?

I do heavy, compound lifting at least 3 days a week with a goal of trying to preserve as much of my strength as is possible. (bench, squats, deads, overhead press, dips, power cleans), and am now doing cardio 6 days/week (as of last week). LISS on a recumbent bike for 45 minutes after lifting and HIIT for 20 minutes (with 5 min warmup/cool down) on non-lifting days. One day off.

Here's a comparison shot: (note: in no way do I expect my bf% estimates listed above to be correct, they are just progress tools)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/euclid/sidebyside.jpg

Am I jumping the gun at trying to change my diet at this point? Any suggestions/proposed changes to my plan? I would love to try Dave's diet, but I don't think I could sustain it because of my travel/appointments with clients and so on.

KyMuscle
05-06-2009, 01:42 PM
You absolutely should try Dave's diet. It's awesome. It works very well.

Don't use travel/appointments as an excuse. It's very simple to make this diet fit your life. For example, I had my eggs this morning. I also prepared two protein shakes and my chicken/cashew meal. Put 'em in a cooler and I'm good to go -- my 2nd 3rd and 4th meals are with me all day long.

euclid
05-06-2009, 01:59 PM
You absolutely should try Dave's diet. It's awesome. It works very well.

Don't use travel/appointments as an excuse. It's very simple to make this diet fit your life. For example, I had my eggs this morning. I also prepared two protein shakes and my chicken/cashew meal. Put 'em in a cooler and I'm good to go -- my 2nd 3rd and 4th meals are with me all day long.

Trust me, if I could find a way to make the diet work I would, but flying, living out of hotels and things like that prevent me from carrying food with me. I really can't go out to lunch and dinner with customers and effectively manage the meals the way they should be.

Frosty
05-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Trust me, if I could find a way to make the diet work I would, but flying, living out of hotels and things like that prevent me from carrying food with me. I really can't go out to lunch and dinner with customers and effectively manage the meals the way they should be.

You can go to McDonalds and get just chicken breasts.

ironwarrior22
05-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Try keto. If their is a will their is a way. Any restaurant will give you just a steak or just a chicken breast or just eggs and nuts can be bought nearly anywhere. I've done tons of diets on strict schedules and keto is by far the easiest. just my 2 cents

euclid
05-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Well, I can't argue with your guys' responses. Looks like I've got some research to do.