PDA

View Full Version : Im doing an armwrsetling tournement but Im on the Palumbo diet, I need tips guys.

The Wolf
05-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Ok Ive been invited on short notice to this tournement as Im quite good at this however Im on the palumbo diet, I dont feel weak. But when I have a cheat meal I feel even stronger. What do you guys suggest, carbing up the day before and again on the day. Ive even started taking some dbol as that gets to my system quickly Ive even been told that Ephedrine will also give be a boost half an hr before the match.

Any tips and pointers would great, I know this is a strong man thread but I see it as somewhat related.
Thanks in advance:)

SUMO
05-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Starting the day before the meet, eat anything and everything. If you haven't been taking ephedrine on a consistent basis, don't start just before the contest. Shaky hands wouldn't be something you want on the table.
Break open an ammonia cap as you're walking to the table instead.

billy mimnaugh
05-06-2009, 05:11 PM
I dont like ephedrine.I use ritalin before I lift in a meet.

The Wolf
05-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Ive used ephendrine before without any problems and cant get ammonia caps where I am. Will taking dbol for 4 days help as well do you think?
Thanks

SUMO
05-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Ive used ephendrine before without any problems and cant get ammonia caps where I am. Will taking dbol for 4 days help as well do you think?
Thanks
I can only help with drugs like coke, vic and weed. Sorry.

Ironguru
05-06-2009, 06:56 PM
This may not be what you were asking about but I thought it could help:

Arm Wrestling Training With Vince Gironda

I would like to get into arm wrestling (Petaluma style). Are there any exercises I could do to prepare for this? I am 5'5", 145 lbs. My right arm measured relaxed is as follows: 7" wrist, 12" forearm, 12" biceps. One of the instructors where I train is Tommy Kono. He tells me there is little I can do, except to keep wrist wrestling as much as possible. He said its all bicep and deltoid power. I thought it was all forearm and wrist. What is your opinion?

I noticed that most of the winners are masons, carpenters, truck drivers, machine operators, etc., so should I do high sets and reps or something like three sets of three reps with heavy weights?

What about tearing newspapers, squeezing rubber balls, hand grips, pinch grip plates, etc.?

I am starting to get a sore elbow from arm wrestling. How can I get rid of this pain? I have seen a nutritionist and she gave me a bottle of Sonne's No.2 Calphonite liquid which contains (each tablespoon) Calcium - 160 mgs. Phosphorus - 124 mgs. Manganese Gluconate - 100 mgs. Magnesium Gluconate - 35 mg.

It seems to help a little, but not much. I talked to Mitsuo Kawashima, owner of MITS' Health Studio. He told me to military press with palms facing me (like at the end of a two-arm barbell curl). MITS and Jack Dillinger were the best of friends long ago. He told me some of the "old timers" would press, even bench press like this. This is supposed to strengthen the area around the elbow and triceps.

So, there you have it. I consulted the best weightlifting instructor in Hawaii, the best bodybuilding it or in Hawaii, and a very rimed nutritionist in Hawaii. Since you are the best there is in California, please give me your thoughts. If it is all right with you, I will discuss your advice with the people that I have talked to.

Thank you for your time and trouble.

P.S. Are there any places in California where people arm wrestle on a regular basis? I hope to be in California soon, maybe in October.

Take 200 mg. Manganese every three hours for three days (72 hours). You have Tendonitis (Tennis Elbow) and need Sound Wave treatments.

In order to strengthen the muscles needed to perform this feat you must rig up a pulley to pull the same pull as you use when wrist wrestling. I would advise you to practice the first part of the movement (fast explosive). This is where the contest is won. You must get the jump on your adversary. Stronger men can lose if they are not aware of this trick.

Your nutritionist is good! She knows that tendon problems are lack of, or not enough, minerals, particularly manganese.

Strength is built with low reps!

Wrist wrestling involves pectoral, biceps and front deltoid power.

If you want to be a great wrist wrestler, don't waste your time on tearing newspapers, squeezing rubber balls, hand grips or pinch grip plates.

(Musclemag Vol 2 issue 1)

If you're just preparing for this tournament and nothing else, I would say be a little loose with the diet. Why don't you ask Dave on his Q&A thread what he thinks about this?

BigJD69
05-06-2009, 07:18 PM
My buddy is a National and World Arm Wrestler. He likes to take NO-Xplode before he pulls. Hopefully this will help.

The Wolf
05-07-2009, 03:25 AM
Thanks alot guys, you have given me some very good ideas:).

BK
05-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Eat, eat, eat. Keto diet and strength athletics do not mix.

The Wolf
05-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Well the funny thing is, my all time max bench at the moment is 170kg and its still 170kg one month into the keto diet. However I would like to carb up before for endurance, Im just thinking when would be the best time?

BK
05-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Well the funny thing is, my all time max bench at the moment is 170kg and its still 170kg one month into the keto diet. However I would like to carb up before for endurance, Im just thinking when would be the best time?
The general rule is to start carb loading a couple days out from a meet to increase your glycogen levels. Usually about 4 grams per pound of bodyweight per day would do.

4evermuscle
05-07-2009, 09:37 PM

This is correct

robert da strongman
05-07-2009, 09:44 PM

works if you drop weight and learn how to carb load.
did it...it isnt easy
load wrong and you are fucked.

but if you dont need to make weight then eat!!

Frosty
05-07-2009, 10:36 PM

When you say "diet" I assume you mean reduced calories. It's not low carbs that cause strength loss, but low calories. For a non-carb type metabolism, a low carb diet with enough calories is great for strength. Hell Ryan Kennely set his record while on low carb. Hugo Girard, a top strongman, is doing quite well eating low carb. It's calories that count...high low carb calories support strength gain. Low calories of anything will reduce it.

The Wolf
05-08-2009, 02:39 AM
When you say "diet" I assume you mean reduced calories. It's not low carbs that cause strength loss, but low calories. For a non-carb type metabolism, a low carb diet with enough calories is great for strength. Hell Ryan Kennely set his record while on low carb. Hugo Girard, a top strongman, is doing quite well eating low carb. It's calories that count...high low carb calories support strength gain. Low calories of anything will reduce it.

Thats so true Frosty.

BK
05-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Two examples out of hundreds of strength athletes, an I hardly think that Ryan Kennelly can go from 310lbs to 340ish on a low carb plan. It ain't gonna happen. The majority of all strength athletes are eating alot of carbs and are very strong as a result of it.

BK
05-08-2009, 09:01 AM
works if you drop weight and learn how to carb load.
did it...it isnt easy
load wrong and you are fucked.

but if you dont need to make weight then eat!!
Why take that chance then? Glycogen is the main energy source of the human body.