PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Mr O

Hammerfit
09-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Good interview with Branch. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/olympia-weekend-2012-branch-warren-interview.html?CJAID=10409943&CJPID=5546881

He looks to be maybe in his best condition. Dennis and Phil look like monsters in some recent pics. Kai, who know what he will show up with. If he brings his A game this is going to get interesting.

My picks

Phil
Branch
Kai
Dennis
Packman
Evan

Mac
09-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Phil
Kai
Branch
Pak
Dennis
Evan

Baldiewonkanobi
09-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Phil
Kai
Dennis
Shawn
Branch
Bill W.
Evan
Dexter
Packman
Toney

There you go....top 10.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
09-28-2012, 07:31 PM
BTW how can anyone not have Willmore in top 6. He just signed with Ultimate Nutrition....No 1. Sponsor of this show.

This is $odybuildin$, not Bingo at the church.

Baldie

Mac
09-28-2012, 09:20 PM
I don't even know who Bill Willmore is! Where have I been.

Roden in 4th? Not this year. He hasn't paid his dues.

Hammerfit
09-29-2012, 09:01 AM
looks really close between Kai and Phil Still think Phil looks best from back

Mac
09-29-2012, 10:38 AM
I don't even know who Bill Willmore is! Where have I been.

Roden in 4th? Not this year. He hasn't paid his dues.

Roden does look good! HE may indeed come in the top 5

Phil does NOT look like he did last year, especially in the legs.

Mac
09-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Phil for the win. Even if he was not the reigning Mr. O, he still wins it here over Kai.

Baldiewonkanobi
09-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Hide, Willmore, Freeman, Pak, Branch, all came in down a bit from their best. Going into tonight will be Kai, Phil, Dennis, Dex, Shawn, Evan, Branch in that order. Then it will be anybodys guess on tonights placings. I have the other 4 top 10 a tie.

Flop of the show....Branch.

Baldie

Hammerfit
09-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Hide, Willmore, Freeman, Pak, Branch, all came in down a bit from their best. Going into tonight will be Kai, Phil, Dennis, Dex, Shawn, Evan, Branch in that order. Then it will be anybodys guess on tonights placings. I have the other 4 top 10 a tie.

Flop of the show....Branch.

Baldie

Interestingly he was the one running his mouth at the interviews.....goes to show talking does nothing....just bring it! Dont get me wrong....hugh Warren fan but I didnt like how he called out Dennis, not called for.

Mac
09-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Interestingly he was the one running his mouth at the interviews.....goes to show talking does nothing....just bring it! Dont get me wrong....hugh Warren fan but I didnt like how he called out Dennis, not called for.

What did he call Wolf out on? I read some of his banter, but nothing about Wolf.

Much prefer Dennis' physique over Branch. Any day!

koruverde
09-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Branch may be huge but he ain't pretty. Should be whole package which Phil def has as well as Packman and Centopini.

HeavyDutyGuy
09-29-2012, 04:50 PM
The top 2 are very close. Heath and Kai- toss up going into tonight- Heath started strong, then Kai improved every round it seemed. Dexter looked terrific- only guy I've seen whose upper waist is narrower than his lower. Wolf looked amazing 1 week out- last night - flat. Still top 6 though. Branch looked the same as at the Arnold, but his pec was a bit of a mess and that right quad is not improving! Shawn should 4 th, WOLF 5th, Branch should be like 7th or 8th. They will probably give it to Phil, though Kai is winning on most poses. Damn grapefruits!

Hammerfit
09-30-2012, 09:25 AM
What did he call Wolf out on? I read some of his banter, but nothing about Wolf.

Much prefer Dennis' physique over Branch. Any day!

was in the pre show interview on BB.com

Hammerfit
09-30-2012, 09:31 AM

It was close but the Phil brought it with a smaller waist

Mac
09-30-2012, 09:52 AM

I saw it this morning. He was just stirring up the drama.

Baldiewonkanobi
09-30-2012, 11:22 AM
I watched on BB.com with the sound off and one eye on Homeland. I came away with the conclusion that our sport is screaming for an Ambassador like Arnold. Someone who can garner multi media attention. TV, movies, and radio. Must have that Super Hero appearance and be well spoken.

5'6", 240 pound men who waddle like a duck off season and have the speaking voice and cognition of a Mike Tyson will not draw in additional fans. We stay locked into a small community of those who do admire these dedicated athletes. Shit, I admire them. Our suppliment industry, web sites and print media sponsors are fed for the most part not by true Bodybuilders but 14 year old boys who want to add muscle for wrestling, football, etc.

Not much has changed since I did my first set of curls in 1952 followed by a Hoffmans protein shake.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
09-30-2012, 11:27 AM
It was close but the Phil brought it with a smaller waist

Plus canon ball delts seen from front, side and back. Also rhomboids looking like subdermal 2x4s. Both were missing on Kai.

Baldie

Mac
09-30-2012, 11:40 AM
Kai does not fit the Mr. O mold with his strange persona.

Phil deserved the win.

Flex Lewis was also outstanding.

Mr.Dedication
09-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Kai is getting better and better every year! Phil knew he could lose very easily if he didn't bring his 100%.

AND OMFG WHY HAS RX CHANGED SO MUCH!!! HOLY MOTHER OF ADVERTISMENT!!!

freebirdmac
09-30-2012, 08:11 PM
I watched on BB.com with the sound off and one eye on Homeland. I came away with the conclusion that our sport is screaming for an Ambassador like Arnold. Someone who can garner multi media attention. TV, movies, and radio. Must have that Super Hero appearance and be well spoken.

5'6", 240 pound men who waddle like a duck off season and have the speaking voice and cognition of a Mike Tyson will not draw in additional fans. We stay locked into a small community of those who do admire these dedicated athletes. Shit, I admire them. Our suppliment industry, web sites and print media sponsors are fed for the most part not by true Bodybuilders but 14 year old boys who want to add muscle for wrestling, football, etc.

Not much has changed since I did my first set of curls in 1952 followed by a Hoffmans protein shake.

Baldie

Lol!

Kai is getting better and better every year! Phil knew he could lose very easily if he didn't bring his 100%.

AND OMFG WHY HAS RX CHANGED SO MUCH!!! HOLY MOTHER OF ADVERTISMENT!!!

Amen!

Curt James
09-30-2012, 10:03 PM

Baldie

Did the same thing in 1972. lol

Hoffman's Hi-Proteen! Lumpy clumpy vanilla, gotta love it.

hifrommike65
10-01-2012, 06:07 AM
Oh, you guys are so 20th century! :)

Baldiewonkanobi
10-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Did the same thing in 1972. lol

Hoffman's Hi-Proteen! Lumpy clumpy vanilla, gotta love it.

Curt if you were as skinny as me you added a cup of nasty yogurt, a banana and a scoop of ice cream. Blenderize with half-n-half cream. Then this chased down a handfull each of brewers yeast and decicated liver tablets.

FART CITY

Baldie

Mac
10-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Oh gees. I forget all about the brewers yeast. Nasty stuff I consumed in the old days. But this wasn't back in the 19th century like Baldie.

Hammerfit
10-02-2012, 08:54 AM
I was doing ice cream, whole milk and whole eggs! If I tried that now I would be 300lbs!