PDA

View Full Version : Bob Knight calls Gatorade 'performance-enhancing drug'

225orDie
02-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Bob Knight calls Gatorade 'performance-enhancing drug'

On Wednesday, Knight gave his opinion (go figure) on ESPN Radio regarding Alex Rodriguez's recent public admission that he used steroids from 2001-03.

"There are a couple of things that I've always thought about performance-enhancing drugs. You know, Gatorade is a performance-enhancing drug. Anything with electrolytes is performance-enhancing. Who decides what you can use and what you can't, and on what basis is it decided? That's always amazed me. Why can you use this and you can't use that? Every time I turn on television there's an energy drink being advertised. Why isn't that performance-enhancing?"

Finally someone agrees with me!!!

Triple-H_2005
02-13-2009, 09:46 PM
I like it.

Hardly Krishna
02-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Caffeine is a performance enhancing drug yo!

Aren't electrolytes just essential salts?

225orDie
02-13-2009, 10:00 PM
The point could be argued that anything is performance enhancing. I think it is rediculouse that the biggest Anti-steroid advocate in baseball, Curt Shilling, had a damn cortisone shot to help him win a game in the World Series. Guys get the flu, aww here you go, let me run this bag of saline in you so you can play. That to me is also performance enhancing. I am just tired of the whole steroid issue being so bad in the public's view, because that is what the government says. Yet people die everyday of "FDA" approved drugs. It is all a god damn joke.

MikeS
02-13-2009, 10:04 PM
He has a point really. Society deems what is morally acceptable and what isnt.

wnybodybuildingfan
02-13-2009, 10:06 PM
He has a point really. Society deems what is morally acceptable and what isnt.

As well as the media!!!

JYD
02-13-2009, 10:20 PM
The point could be argued that anything is performance enhancing. I think it is rediculouse that the biggest Anti-steroid advocate in baseball, Curt Shilling, had a damn cortisone shot to help him win a game in the World Series. Guys get the flu, aww here you go, let me run this bag of saline in you so you can play. That to me is also performance enhancing. I am just tired of the whole steroid issue being so bad in the public's view, because that is what the government says. Yet people die everyday of "FDA" approved drugs. It is all a god damn joke.
Curt Shilling is an idiot!

IF I TOOK ROIDS I'D BE MR OLYMPIA
02-13-2009, 11:21 PM
gatorade is legal.. steroids are not.. EPIC FAIL ON HIS PART

Taylor Normandeau
02-13-2009, 11:23 PM

I think that was part of his point....

225orDie
02-13-2009, 11:26 PM

Yeah, I think you missed the point.

thechampofchamp
02-13-2009, 11:29 PM
I agree Gatorade's side affects are just as large as any steroid. Does anybody know a Gatorade cycle I can use? My progress seems to be slowing and I've heard that Lemon lime shit does nothing, but create mass and mosters.

Canuck_Muscle
02-14-2009, 12:10 AM
He does make a great point. It is frustrating that we have these barriers put up in sports and to be the best athletes have to do things illegally or they simply cannot be competitive as they could.

hulkish808
02-14-2009, 12:30 AM
Anyone remember watching the Super Bowl and they talked briefly about Hines Ward getting his blood drawn, the docs did something (forgot what it was), and injected him with it so he could heal faster from his injury? I thought things like that are illegal in sports? That sounds worse than popping a few pills, or even downing a Gatorade if you ask me.

47ronin
02-14-2009, 04:18 AM
Rick Collins made a good point in one of his articles; If steroids are so dangerous why can doctors prescribe them to healthy women who are transgender and use them for cosmetic purposes but they can't be prescribed to a healthy male for fitness purposes? I--[////]-----

Sandpig
02-14-2009, 08:36 AM
Rick Collins made a good point in one of his articles; If steroids are so dangerous why can doctors prescribe them to healthy women who are transgender and use them for cosmetic purposes but they can't be prescribed to a healthy male for fitness purposes? I--[////]-----

God I hate that situation, we have to prove that we need it, they just need to plunk down the cash for the op.:mad:

Also, not just performance enhancing drugs, but what about new equipment that comes out? The swim suits, the cycling helmets, etc.

joshbarnett
02-14-2009, 10:14 AM
hulkish808- its called blood doping!!! im not even gona get started anymore on our laws in the country. i started a few threads about it on md and professionalmuscle and i dont even wana talk about it anymore. our laws are ridiculous!!

vegasbbr
02-14-2009, 10:23 PM

Exactly!

antonbrn
02-14-2009, 11:27 PM
Bobby always speaks his mind. However, I think he brings up a good point about who decides these things?????

Bob Knight calls Gatorade 'performance-enhancing drug'

On Wednesday, Knight gave his opinion (go figure) on ESPN Radio regarding Alex Rodriguez's recent public admission that he used steroids from 2001-03.

"There are a couple of things that I've always thought about performance-enhancing drugs. You know, Gatorade is a performance-enhancing drug. Anything with electrolytes is performance-enhancing. Who decides what you can use and what you can't, and on what basis is it decided? That's always amazed me. Why can you use this and you can't use that? Every time I turn on television there's an energy drink being advertised. Why isn't that performance-enhancing?"

Finally someone agrees with me!!!

SoxFan11
02-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Curt Shilling is an idiot!

You'll get no argument about that from a fairly large percentage of Red Sox Nation on that one, including me.

Aero
02-15-2009, 05:24 PM
right on!
hell ..even bananas are performance enhancing..just ask the a tennis player or basketball player that gets a cramp in the 5th set at the US Open or the 2nd period of the final four championships!

MichaelWayne
02-15-2009, 05:27 PM

The point. Did you see it? Just flew right past you!

Bobby is bringing up a good point, too bad everything he says gets taken with a grain of salt because he is the 'crazy coach'.

Yolo
02-15-2009, 05:34 PM
The point. Did you see it? Just flew right past you!

Bobby is bringing up a good point, too bad everything he says gets taken with a grain of salt because he is the 'crazy coach'.

The fact of the matter is that there are allowed substances and substances that are not allowed. Arguing that this or that are both performance enhancers is, I believe, missing the point.

As long as you are bound by certain regulations you will suffer the consequences of breaking them.

As a sidenote, if gatorade is equally perfomance-enhancing as steroids I say screw test let's all get getorade IVs and we'll surely end up a ripped 270 lbs:rolleyes:

Cyanide
02-15-2009, 05:34 PM

that was his point! Who decides which performance enhancers are illegal? Why dont the same people who made anavar illegal make caffeine illegal? They are all performance enhancers. Caffeine can be just as dangerous to the human body as anavar. Steroids (or drugs classified as steroids) are illegal becuase a human being or group of human beings decided to make them illegal. God didnt make them illegal. I think you must think steroids are bad becuase a group of uninformed lawmakers made a decision for us all.

Strikerrjones
02-15-2009, 06:34 PM
The people that make things illegal are elected officials that see a trend and latch onto it for all they're worth. Some asshole politician heard from his grandma that steroids turn people into raging maniacs with tiny genitals and he decided to run with it to make a name for himself. Very few of them really give a shit about what's right and what's wrong; they just want to get their names in the history books and tell people what to do because they can.