PDA

View Full Version : vicodin

tribal
05-11-2009, 05:43 PM
im no where close to being addicted to it, but i take it once or twice a week to relax before bed so i can fall asleep(my ocd kicks in pretty bad right around the time i go to bed..cleaning, making lists, etc.)...for some reason vics dont work to well on me, so to make them as effective as poss ive had to resort to takin 1850mg at once and on an empty stomach (sometimes ground in a powder and dissolved in water)...even takin this dose, ground up, i barely get the relaxing-effect/pain-relief that it offers, and when it does work it only lasts for about 15 mins, which is the exact span of time i try to knock out for the night..MY QUESTION IS THIS>> for some odd reason, only recently, if i didnt fall asleep during the 15 minute relaxing effect, a very strange thing happens(it happens almost exactly when the relaxing effect wares off, like at the 16 min mark)..i start to get an insane amount of energy, and my heart rate starts to speed up?? wtf! this never happended before, why would it all of a sudden start?? needless to say i cant use these fucking things for sleeping anymore!

BigJD69
05-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Sometimes that happens to me, I am pretty sure it's common.

RealLilSwole
05-11-2009, 07:37 PM
I also have trouble sleeping. I got my doctor to write me a script for Ambien. It knocks me OUT though! I am a nurse, have to get up REAL early to get my cardio in. If I have taken an Ambien the night before, I look like I am drunk walking on the treadmill. LOL! I be banging in the wall. LOL

BigJD69
05-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Be careful with Ambiem I just got off of it after many years taking it.

indianamonster1986
05-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Yup same thing. I get energy from them.

musclegoddess65
05-11-2009, 10:05 PM
I was perscribed Ambien for sleep issues.. 5 day stretch of going to bed at 9 or 10 pm being wide awake by 12:30 - after 5 nights of maybe 2 good hrs a night I WAS walking into walls.. hell forgot to send direct deposit info for 1200 employees to the bank, ya it was bad...

I am trying now to learn to do nights without it

Sistersteel
05-11-2009, 11:55 PM
What is the dosage on these vicodin tabs?

One of the components of Vicodin is acetaminophen which can literally cause liver failure. Acetaminophen is what caused the tylenol crisis a few years ago.
Vicodin comes in the following dosages:

500 mg paracetamol and 5 mg hydrocodone
750 mg paracetamol and 7.5 mg hydrocodone
660 mg paracetamol and 10 mg hydrocodone

There is very little opiate and an ungodly amount of paracetamol (also known as acetaminophen) in Vicodin making it a very bad drug to run at such high dosages. So you have been taking 1850mg of acetaminophen with little opiate. How long have you been doing that?

Another thing I would like to ask you is, how come you only take your vicodin once or twice a week to sleep. I am assuming that if your OCD gets bad at night then that would apply to every night. How do you sleep on the nights you are not taking the drug?

We are all here for each other and I am going to be honest with you here. You might not want to hear what I am about to say but it is my duty to give you an unbiased professional opinion. I think you are taking the drug far more frequently than you are willing to admit and let me tell you why. You have to build a tolerance to the drug to run it at the dosage you've mentioned. If you were really taking it once a week, your tolerance to the drug would drop and you would not have had the need to continuously up the dose to get the same effects. In fact your tolerance is so up there, its effects wear off in 15 minutes causing the onset of classical opiate withdrawals. Anxiety and agitation are signs of an opiate withdrawal.

However, you started out your post with "I am no where close to being addicted to it", and that is what we call denial. You are not convinced you have a problem.

You are crushing your pills to break the time release on them so that they kick in all at once to "help you sleep". Crushing pain pills and chewing them are tell tale signs of a habit. People who do not have a drug problem do not crush or chew their pills my friend.

I am sorry. This might not be easy for you accept. The state of denial that you are in along with what I have just said might drive you away. I do not wish to drive you away. I would like to help you recognize the problem and help you through it when you are ready.

Please keep coming back.

SS

BigJD69
05-12-2009, 11:16 AM

One of the components of Vicodin is acetaminophen which can literally cause liver failure. Acetaminophen is what caused the tylenol crisis a few years ago.

There is very little opiate and an ungodly amount of paracetamol (also known as acetaminophen) in Vicodin making it a very bad drug to run at such high dosages. So you have been taking 1850mg of acetaminophen with little opiate. How long have you been doing that?

Another thing I would like to ask you is, how come you only take your vicodin once or twice a week to sleep. I am assuming that if your OCD gets bad at night then that would apply to every night. How do you sleep on the nights you are not taking the drug?

We are all here for each other and I am going to be honest with you here. You might not want to hear what I am about to say but it is my duty to give you an unbiased professional opinion. I think you are taking the drug far more frequently than you are willing to admit and let me tell you why. You have to build a tolerance to the drug to run it at the dosage you've mentioned. If you were really taking it once a week, your tolerance to the drug would drop and you would not have had the need to continuously up the dose to get the same effects. In fact your tolerance is so up there, its effects wear off in 15 minutes causing the onset of classical opiate withdrawals. Anxiety and agitation are signs of an opiate withdrawal.

However, you started out your post with "I am no where close to being addicted to it", and that is what we call denial. You are not convinced you have a problem.

You are crushing your pills to break the time release on them so that they kick in all at once to "help you sleep". Crushing pain pills and chewing them are tell tale signs of a habit. People who do not have a drug problem do not crush or chew their pills my friend.

I am sorry. This might not be easy for you accept. The state of denial that you are in along with what I have just said might drive you away. I do not wish to drive you away. I would like to help you recognize the problem and help you through it when you are ready.

Please keep coming back.

SS
Yeah I agree everyone that I know who crushes the pills has a problem with the drug!

tribal
05-13-2009, 04:55 PM

Please keep coming back.

SS
na i had surgery a few weeks ago and was prescribed them at 500mg (this script i was given 6 weeks ago was the FIRST time i ever used them)...anyway after trying 1 on the first day with no effect...i tried 2 at once the next day, with a slight effect, the next day i used 2 in the morn and 2 at night with a still slight effect (thats 7 total and the script was for 10)...on the last day i had 3 left and took them all at once, with a decent effect...i got the 750's recently which was 2 weeks lata, and since then have been taking 3 1/2 at a time, twice a week, for four weeks, and the first and only time i used the 3 1/2 i actually got the best effect, but to no avail since...i have a bunch left but i see no reason for them since they have been keeping me up...u asked hows my sleep without them, it all depends on what time i got up that day if i get up extremely early i can pretty much go to sleep as long as there is bare minimum caffine use(but the fact that im using clen doesnt help the sleep issue)..maybe becuase i use ghb to sleep once an awhile, that could be why the vics dont effect me??? btw i started crushing them to see if that would help the effect start, but never really did much

indianamonster1986
05-13-2009, 05:25 PM
I opt for norcos when I take them. 325 of Tylenol, and 10mg of hydrocodone.

tribal
05-13-2009, 05:30 PM
i can say one thing is for damn sure, if i am addicted to vics as you guys say, than it is an addicition i am getting nothing from, no "high", no benefits whatsoever, none

BigJD69
05-13-2009, 05:58 PM
i can say one thing is for damn sure, if i am addicted to vics as you guys say, than it is an addicition i am getting nothing from, no "high", no benefits whatsoever, none
I have been off and on painkillers since 1994 so I do understand what they do. That being said I don't have an addictive personality and only take them when needed. Sometimes they make me feel GREAT, sometimes they just help with the pain and sometimes all of the above. What happens to some people that are on them for a while is that just ingesting them, after awhile doesn't do much for them, so they have to crush or snort them.

tribal
05-13-2009, 06:02 PM
lol 6 weeks is awhile? my boy has been hittin em up for a VERY long time and hes flying on 1 750, and hes 6'2", im 5'8" and i get NOTHIN on 3 1/2 wtf?! what a waste!

Sistersteel
05-14-2009, 12:10 AM

Allow me to educate you on getting high buddy....

Drug Addicts do not get high off their drugs when they are in the throws of active addiction. A drug addict will keep using, trying to chase that feeling he gets off his FIRST hit..and guess what buddy...it is NEVER going to feel like that first hit EVER again.

Your friend is "hitting them up and flying"... seems like you are disappointed you are not "flying" too buddy.

You are not taking your drugs AS PRESCRIBED!

You take GHB to sleep "once in a while"!

You crush your pills to break time releases on them!

You don't think you have a problem when you display the classic textbook symptoms of a drug habit!

Denial

Denial

Denial!!!!

You are not ready for NA buddy. Please come back when you are.
Sorry we cannot help you make those vicodins work better for you.

Respect brother,

SS

tribal
05-14-2009, 01:03 AM
Allow me to educate you on getting high buddy....

Drug Addicts do not get high off their drugs when they are in the throws of active addiction. A drug addict will keep using, trying to chase that feeling he gets off his FIRST hit..and guess what buddy...it is NEVER going to feel like that first hit EVER again.

Your friend is "hitting them up and flying"... seems like you are disappointed you are not "flying" too buddy.

You are not taking your drugs AS PRESCRIBED!

You take GHB to sleep "once in a while"!

You crush your pills to break time releases on them!

You don't think you have a problem when you display the classic textbook symptoms of a drug habit!

Denial

Denial

Denial!!!!

You are not ready for NA buddy. Please come back when you are.
Sorry we cannot help you make those vicodins work better for you.

Respect brother,

SS

im actually a little disappointed by the negative vibes thrown my way, but im guessing thats how drug addicts get treated, wether your drug of choice is ghb or test...anywho, i had a really good post but aol signed off so im gona have to do this again off of memory...ok im a vic addict, my prob is not getting a high though, its getting to sleep that i want, and my question AGAIN, is why are they making me energetic? due to this simple fact, that they are keeping me AWAKE the vics are of no use to me...the thing about my buddy is, is that he is getting high, so im disappointed that they have an "affect" on him, and not i, i simply cant even get DROWSY, that was my point NOT that im jealous of his "high"......sigh......ill admit all day long that ive used ghb more then once a week, on OCCASION, but that is in no way consistent, take that for what its worth, but i truly believe that if im able to go from using it 6 straight days to once a week, without any withdrawal symptoms, then i really find it hard to believe im an addict...the 6 straight days was actually an experiment to see what a full weeks worth of sleep was like, but due to the enormous amount of prolactin release, and dopamine suppression, which actually isnt supposed to happen on only once a day use, i had to stop, and the hormone imbalance that it caused, was no where near worth the reward of sleep...you can try and say that my lack of sleep is a withdrawal symptom from an addiction, but sadly ive had the problem with sleeping since i started workin nights ten years ago, before i ever touched one drug, or even tasted one sip of liquor...do you still consider someone a drug addict even though they arent trying to get high, but are trying to relieve obsessive compulsive disorder at night, so they can get more then 2 hours of sleep per day? do you realize that when you take a knockout dose of ghb, there is no high achieved? you take one ounce, and within 15 minutes your out, with no memory of falling asleep, and the next thing you know your wide awake, 6-7 hours later having achieved the deepest/REM sleep ever? do you know how that feels to someone who cant get 6-7 hours of sleep in 3 days combined? darling, im tryin to explain that not all drug use is for the simple minded "high", its to alleviate the dysfunctional genetics i was born with that cause ocd and keep me from sleeping...ill have you know that listening to 45 mins of "sounds of the beach" before bed are more affective then the vics..im not denying my drug addiction, but its not for the high, its to ACHIEVE sleep, and i will have you know that although i may get some insanely restful sleep on the G, even i know that using it more often then once a week can lead down a slippery slope, even tho its been done like ive said before, its not something that is by any means is most wanton

tribal
05-14-2009, 01:21 AM
im not really sure why i wrote all that crap but im curious...are all these addicts the same? a person who uses ambien to sleep everyday for a few years, a guy who drinks himself to sleep on friday nights with the guys, or me who uses ghb on my worst night of the week to get sleep?

Sistersteel
05-14-2009, 02:15 AM
im actually a little disappointed by the negative vibes thrown my way, but im guessing thats how drug addicts get treated, wether your drug of choice is ghb or test...anywho, i had a really good post but aol signed off so im gona have to do this again off of memory...ok im a vic addict, my prob is not getting a high though, its getting to sleep that i want, and my question AGAIN, is why are they making me energetic?We are all addicts here. We've all had our share of verbal abuse when we refused to realize we had a problem. People who showed no mercy were those who loved us the MOST. You are not being judged. Its called tough love. We cannot convince you you have a problem. If we could convince addicts that they were in trouble, then we would not need the steps or the program. You have to take the first step and admit you are powerless. Once you admit to it...that sends denial out the window...then we welcome you and embrace you brother with open arms and an open heart. The program will not work for you if you are not ready for it.

I told you that agitation and increased energy were classical signs of an opiate withdrawal buddy.

due to this simple fact, that they are keeping me AWAKE the vics are of no use to me...the thing about my buddy is, is that he is getting high, so im disappointed that they have an "affect" on him, and not i, i simply cant even get DROWSY, that was my point NOT that im jealous of his "high"......sigh......ill admit all day long that ive used ghb more then once a week, on OCCASION, but that is in no way consistent, take that for what its worth, but i truly believe that if im able to go from using it 6 straight days to once a week, without any withdrawal symptoms,Denial again.
Just because you are not using a drug every waking moment of every day and living under a bridge, does not mean you are not addicted to it. Addiction starts out as an unhealthy behavior.

then i really find it hard to believe im an addict...the 6 straight days was actually an experiment to see what a full weeks worth of sleep was like, but due to the enormous amount of prolactin release, and dopamine suppression, which actually isnt supposed to happen on only once a day use, i had to stop, and the hormone imbalance that it caused, was no where near worth the reward of sleep...you can try and say that my lack of sleep is a withdrawal symptom from an addiction, but sadly ive had the problem with sleeping since i started workin nights ten years ago, before i ever touched one drug, or even tasted one sip of liquor...
There are many other remedies my friend to help with insomnia. Pain killers are not sleeping pills my dear. There isn't a single physician in his right mind who would prescribe pain killers to help someone sleep. So how did you get those pain killers? What did you tell the doctor to get him to prescribe a second refill on those pills buddy?

do you still consider someone a drug addict even though they arent trying to get high, but are trying to relieve obsessive compulsive disorder at night, Self Medicating is what addicts do best. Did you know that most people with ADHD end up self medicating with Cocaine and crank to help them focus? They were not looking to get high either until it came back to bite them in the ass. That is exactly what you are doing.

so they can get more then 2 hours of sleep per day? do you realize that when you take a knockout dose of ghb, there is no high achieved? you take one ounce, and within 15 minutes your out, with no memory of falling asleep, and the next thing you know your wide awake, 6-7 hours later having achieved the deepest/REM sleep ever? Romancing the Drug...another classical behavior of a drug addict. Next.

do you know how that feels to someone who cant get 6-7 hours of sleep in 3 days combined? Let me think about that one...hmmm
I had a heroin habit and almost had my arm amputated. I still cannot sleep to THIS DAY and I have been clean for 5 years.

Typical of addicts to victimize themselves and assume that they have had it worse that anyone else.

darling, im tryin to explain that not all drug use is for the simple minded "high", its to alleviate the dysfunctional genetics i was born with that cause ocd and keep me from sleeping...ill have you know that listening to 45 mins of "sounds of the beach" before bed are more affective then the vics..Then why not buy a CD with sounds of nature and crickets and flush those vicodins down the toilet?

im not denying my drug addiction, but its not for the high, its to ACHIEVE sleep, and i will have you know that although i may get some insanely restful sleep on the G, even i know that using it more often then once a week can lead down a slippery slope, even tho its been done like ive said before, its not something that is by any means is most wanton

You denied you drug addiction in the FIRST sentence of your FIRST post buddy. Nuff SAID.

SS

Sistersteel
05-14-2009, 02:18 AM
im not really sure why i wrote all that crap but im curious...are all these addicts the same? a person who uses ambien to sleep everyday for a few years, a guy who drinks himself to sleep on friday nights with the guys, or me who uses ghb on my worst night of the week to get sleep?

Again...addiction does not have to be to a substance. Addiction starts out as a behavioral problem.

That is why the program teaches us to CHANGE OUR ATTITUDE FIRST if we are ever to kick our habits.

tribal
05-14-2009, 09:35 AM
i didnt think i was an addict from the very beggining, because since the vics didnt work i just stopped using them...i thought that if i was an addict then i would not have been able to stop? to be completely honest i really thought addicts were people who didnt want to keep using but couldnt stop, so when i on the other hand did not get any further benefit from the vics, i simply stopped using them

Sistersteel
05-14-2009, 11:07 AM
i didnt think i was an addict from the very beggining, because since the vics didnt work i just stopped using them...i thought that if i was an addict then i would not have been able to stop? to be completely honest i really thought addicts were people who didnt want to keep using but couldnt stop, so when i on the other hand did not get any further benefit from the vics, i simply stopped using them

Yes. You stopped using them alright...and switched back to GHB!

Substituting one drug for another...

CLASSIC. :rolleyes:

When you are ready bro, we will be here. Until then, peace out.

SS

tribal
05-14-2009, 09:13 PM
im curious to know how you can tell wether or not your an addict...lets say, as in my previous example: theres an average joe, working 9-5, and every friday goes out with the boys for some brews...now how can you honestly tell wether or not, if he is an alcoholic? im trying to see how bad of an addict i am, i keep askin this question various ways, but instead of getting an answer i get these classy responses...although i use it for sleep and not to chill with the boys, and me and the average joe both use once a week, is he a raging alcoholic? and why is he an alcoholic? is it because he is getting "high"? or is it cause its the same day every week? if he didnt need the alcohol, but chooses to drink socialy, as stress relief with his friends, hes an alcoholic? i have plenty of friends and family like this, and based on the above example 95% of the people i know are raging alcoholics! if you choose to alter your mind, but are able to get off without ever wanting it again, your an addict still, just due to the simple fact that you have altered your mind? i dont think because someone likes to drink a few beers and get a buzz on friday nights with his boys is an alcoholic? its hard for me to fathom that anyone on earth that touches a mind/body altering substance instantly becomes an addict...so in entirety what your telling me is that if i stopped using the ghb once a week to get sleep, and instead get a script for ambien, to use everday to sleep im no longer an addict? im confused...but im %100 positive that classless responses abound are headed my way, again, without any answers.......again

Sistersteel
05-14-2009, 11:01 PM
im curious to know how you can tell wether or not your an addict...lets say, as in my previous example: theres an average joe, working 9-5, and every friday goes out with the boys for some brews...now how can you honestly tell wether or not, if he is an alcoholic? im trying to see how bad of an addict i am, i keep askin this question various ways, but instead of getting an answer i get these classy responses...although i use it for sleep and not to chill with the boys, and me and the average joe both use once a week, is he a raging alcoholic? and why is he an alcoholic? is it because he is getting "high"? or is it cause its the same day every week? if he didnt need the alcohol, but chooses to drink socialy, as stress relief with his friends, hes an alcoholic? i have plenty of friends and family like this, and based on the above example 95% of the people i know are raging alcoholics! if you choose to alter your mind, but are able to get off without ever wanting it again, your an addict still, just due to the simple fact that you have altered your mind? i dont think because someone likes to drink a few beers and get a buzz on friday nights with his boys is an alcoholic? its hard for me to fathom that anyone on earth that touches a mind/body altering substance instantly becomes an addict...so in entirety what your telling me is that if i stopped using the ghb once a week to get sleep, and instead get a script for ambien, to use everday to sleep im no longer an addict? im confused...but im %100 positive that classless responses abound are headed my way, again, without any answers.......again

Generally you can tell if you are addicted to a substance if you are unable to lead a nomal life without it, or a substitute for it. You have no idea how easy it is for a person with OCD, such as yourself, to develop a drug habit. Again, it is your BEHAVIOR that is indicative of a drug problem. I've already listed the signs in a previous post and I am not going to entertain you by posting them again. I've answered you a hundred times already but it seems you have selective reading.

As for my responses, I think they are very classy actually, and quite enlightening to someone in your situation who is actually receptive to what I have to say.

You think you could settle for ambien over GHB? I'd like to see that buddy. Ambien would not work for you because they is no fun in crushing it and popping ten at a time. Plus you would miss out on those 6-7 hours of that "ultimate REM" experience you described. Can't give THAT up!

This is an NA forum. We help people clean their shit up in here. These are life or death matters to certain people. No one wants to entertain this back and forth with you that serves no purpose other than to feed your own selfish need to prove a moot point. If you have a medical concern, find yourself a doctor, preferably one you do not have to lie to to get a script.

The only post I want to see from you after this one should be along the lines of:

"Yes, I think you might be right, I may have a problem that I am just having trouble admitting to. Could you please help me do something about it. "

If you come back with another post trying to convince none other than YOURSELF that what you are doing is ok, then I am locking this thread and I do not want to hear from you again until you are ready to get off your high horse and get your shit together.

SS