PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful evening

esplendido
05-12-2009, 12:42 AM
I'm sitting out on the deck, smoking a great cigar from Nicaragua, listening to the sounds of the night by the glow of my laptop.

Can it get any better than that!?

I'm fit. I'm healthy. I have a lovely wife. My German Shepherd, Jep, sits beside me, watching the bunnies mate in the ajoining yard. I'm loving this moment.

You have to live in moments like these because you know that something will eventually steal that feeling away. But for now......ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Sistersteel
05-12-2009, 01:20 AM
Gather Ye RoseBuds As Ye May!

Carpe Diem.

SS

Curt James
05-12-2009, 01:53 AM
I'm sitting out on the deck, smoking a great cigar from Nicaragua, listening to the sounds of the night by the glow of my laptop.

I'm fit. I'm healthy. I have a lovely wife. My German Shepherd, Jep, sits beside me, watching the bunnies mate in the ajoining yard. I'm loving this moment.

You have to live in moments like these because you know that something will eventually steal that feeling away. But for now......ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

:beerbang:

FLEXR6
05-12-2009, 02:18 AM

I can top that Esplendido;

My day started with a 6am outdoor cardio session @ 30 degree farenheit
Then scrubbing the remnants of the tan off from my last show on 03 May.
Then eating kangaroo steak, kangaroo meatballs and asparagus all day.
Training back and using about 75% of the poundage I am used to.
Drinking black coffee and dandelion tea.

Hopefully it all pays off this Sunday when I do my 4th show in six weeks!!

BigJD69
05-12-2009, 11:06 AM
I was on my deck for a little while last night listening to my IPOD Shuffle.

GirlyMuscle
05-12-2009, 11:35 AM
I get this feeling every time the sun shines and I drop the top on my convetible. Nothing beats cruising the countryside with some good tunes, wind in my hair, sun on my face.....

antonbrn
05-12-2009, 06:16 PM
In the mornings, I go in the backyard and put out some bread for the birds and pecans for the squirrels. Then I go inside and watch them all come out and eat their breakfast. It's like free entertainment for me.

MichaelWayne
05-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Took the dog for a walk at around 8 this morning. Brisk, yet the sun was out. Saying hello to all the elderly people who know my dog and I by name, while the nights dew is glistening off each blade of grass.

Everyday that starts like this usually ends great.

gman
05-12-2009, 07:30 PM
This thread inspired me to walk to the Y this morning, and I got hit by a car(seriously!)

She was backing out of her driveway and hit me as I was walking by. For some reason I was looking to the opposite side and didn't see her coming. All of a sudden, I was wondering why the sky was moving to my side...lol

I feel very blessed that I was not hurt. I have a small road rash on my arm, and nothing else.

Other than that it was a beautiful walk. Mid 50's, low humidity and just very nice.

GirlyMuscle
05-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Wow...glad you're ok G!

Tonight I sat on a lawnchair with my bottle of water, my little dog at my feet and watched a bunch of 4-6 yr olds play t-ball. The sun was setting and the air just starting to get nippy. It was a beautiful evening.

Little things. Taking time to enjoy them. Experiencing life. Ahhhh...

Rocco1943
05-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Well, my plans for Saturday evening. Have a really nice cheat meal, spend some time walking on the beach and a little trip in the water probably and then enjoy one of Clearwater, FL's perfect sunsets. OOOH yeah!!!!

The Big Sexy
05-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Great evening out here too (San Diego) - sunny, clouds out over the Ocean (which is about 2 miles from me), about 65 degrees out and slight breeze...

It's days like this, after living here for 4 and a half years, I still feel like I'm on vacation.

GirlyMuscle
05-12-2009, 09:56 PM
I've heard that about San Diego. Is the cost of living high?

The Big Sexy
05-12-2009, 09:58 PM
I've heard that about San Diego. Is the cost of living high?

My 2br/2ba is 1560/month ... great deal as it's 2mi from the beach, 1/4 mile from the freeway, about 1000ft from the gym I work at... Grocery store, target, laundromat all right up the street.

It can get pricey... but it can also get cheaper than what I'm paying... just about 2 miles into Claremont you can find 2br/2ba for around 1200/mo, some at 1000...

It's pricer than a lot of cities - but not compared to Chicago (where I moved from) - and definitely cheaper than LA or San Fran.

The Thinker
05-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Ah, San Diego is one of my favorite places. I was asked to transfer there a few years ago and I figured I would have went from a 3000+ sq ft custom house on a acre to a 1500 sq ft home on a postage stamp in North SD County. That was just too much downsizing for us. I would love to live there.

Tonight is perfect in Phoenix. Sitting out by the pool at dusk without a care in the world.

HeavyDutyGuy
05-13-2009, 12:33 AM
Mission bay in San Diego is one of the most gorgeous bays I've ever seen. Blue skies, even bluer water, just awesome!

GirlyMuscle
05-13-2009, 09:18 AM
Don't think I can afford to live there but I definitely want to visit! Maybe when I come back from Australia I'll pop down there before flying home to PA.

Bryan Hildebrand
05-15-2009, 10:04 PM
femalemy day:

52*F. 6:15am, walked with the dogs (4yo male english chocolate lab, 8mo female english chocolate lab, 5yo blue tick coon hound) for 20 mins around my property.
54*F, 7:00am, son off to school
59*F, 8:30am, daughter off to school
62*F 9:00am, coffee at s-bucks on the patio
1000am first client training session
1130 pick up daughter from school
68*F, 1145 lunch with daughter at local diner on the porch. 10 eggs, 6oz ham, OJ.
nanny picks up daughter after lunch
1:00pm 2nd client training session
72*F, 2:30pm coffee on the front porch of the gym
3:00pm: training me; once a month arms only/cardio.
4:45pm: 3rd client training session
73*F, 6:00pm. walk across the street from gym. clients restaurant: 16oz filet mignon, 8oz spanish rice, 3 cups spinach/EVO/balsamic salad. 1800 Silver Tequila Quad Maggie, 2 limes, ice.
69*F, 8:00pm. 22oz yellow fin tuna with the wife, Patron/lime maggie, grilled asparagus with the wife, on the deck watching the sun set. my sugarmama is the best.

Curt James
05-15-2009, 11:21 PM
This thread inspired me to walk to the Y this morning, and I got hit by a car(seriously!)

She was backing out of her driveway and hit me as I was walking by. For some reason I was looking to the opposite side and didn't see her coming. All of a sudden, I was wondering why the sky was moving to my side...lol

I feel very blessed that I was not hurt. I have a small road rash on my arm, and nothing else.

Other than that it was a beautiful walk. Mid 50's, low humidity and just very nice.

Jesus!

g, you ever see any Hill Street Blues back in the day?

T2QApwtE8zQ

:beerbang:

gman
05-16-2009, 08:49 AM
Damn Attila, you ate 2 lbs+ of meat in a 2 hour period. Bottomless pit!

j/k, looked like a great day in Buffalo!

Hey, Curt, I loved that show. I wish I could find the reruns!

serratus
05-25-2009, 07:42 PM
I live 5 minutes from 2 beaches, yet have not taken the time to be down there early mornings or at the end of a day for an "esplendido moment" ... got to do something about that!!
See, I just joined here this morning and I'm already learning something from the board!

esplendido
05-25-2009, 08:05 PM
I live 5 minutes from 2 beaches, yet have not taken the time to be down there early mornings or at the end of a day for an "esplendido moment" ... got to do something about that!!
See, I just joined here this morning and I'm already learning something from the board!
"esplendido moment"....I like that...:)

Welcome aboard, serratus! Please fasten your seatbelt and keep your hands and elbows in the car.....you're about to go for a ride...:D

Mouse
05-25-2009, 08:52 PM

I'm actually doing the same thing right now; minus the cigar; add a 2002 David Duband Nuits St. Georges Burgundy. The weather is absolutely gorgeous. Got a little buggy but that was quickly fixed with a few sprays of Off.

Yep. Life is good sometimes. :)

Luv2Hurt
07-21-2009, 10:44 PM
See thats what I like about the more mature crowd. An appreciation for life and being able to see how good we sometimes have it. Man i know this sounds very cliché but it is so true. "If you have your health, you have everything"

There were a couple times I was scared about medical test outcomes and while waiting would think "just let me be OK everything will work out if I just can live a healthy life" It's true you really can do anything you want if you are healthy and try.

I have had tuff times in life from loosing my Dad when I was six to my divorce 10 years ago and lots of stuff in between, but there have been great times too and as i reflect i see the person it has made me...Im finally starting to like that guy.

" I can't remember all the times I tried to tell myself to hold on to these moments as they pass"

Counting Crows

gman
07-22-2009, 06:58 AM
Health is the key. My dad passed away at 44 with heart problems, and he always told me to take better care of myself than he did.

BTW, the beautiful evenings just keep coming here in Virginia Beach. I keep wondering when the summer is going to get here. We keep having spring temps. It's been low 80's a lot here this summer, very few 90 degree days.

AnglicanBeachParty
07-22-2009, 08:54 AM
" I can't remember all the times I tried to tell myself to hold on to these moments as they pass"

Counting Crows

Great quote!!