PDA

View Full Version : Training for a show? HIRE A COACH!

Joe Christiano
05-12-2009, 05:33 AM
I believe when entering a physique competition the use of a coach is crucial.
When I decided to compete this summer after a 7 year lay off I decided I wanted someone to help me with my nutrition/supplementation. I have personally been helping clients for pre contest preparation for almost 12 years. I have competed on my own and not used a coach for years, but when I think back to when I first started in bodybuilding I had one.

As a 17 year old kid my father hired a personal trainer for my brother and I to prepare us for our first competition. He wrote our diets and trained us 1 on 1. That was a tremendously beneficial that I believed help set us ahead of other teens. While many friends and clients told me “Joe your crazy hiring someone” and “you have done all of our plans for years”

I understood their points and have faith in my system of pre contest preparation. I then sought the opinion of a client that knew absolutely nothing about bodybuilding world. My client is an older very successful business man and his words I believe made me make my decision clear. He said “Joe a good lawyer does not represent their self” & “a doctor does not treat themselves as a patient” That day I hired Dave Palumbo as my coach for an NGA Natural show this summer.

As a lifetime drug free bodybuilder I believe in Dave Palumbo’s diet principles and also in the Species Nutrition line of products. I implore other Natural athletes to examine their physique goals and remember a coach is starting to become a necessity to athletes that would like to reach their maximum potential.

Joe Christiano
NGA Natural Northeast Promoter
Competitive Natural Bodybuilder

RDFinders
05-12-2009, 06:53 AM
www.naturalbodybuildingevents.com also has a list of coaches that may be closer to someone's location or specialize in women's prep, vegetarianism, etc. So go and check it out.

Mike Marcano
05-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Smart thread, I am a personal trainer and have written nutrition programs for others but one can not look at themselves objectively. I hired Mr. Fakhri Mubarak and realized I had a bit to learn, big difference in getting cut and getting Contest Shredded! I only regret not having the finances to do a full contest prep and am holding off to do it right in the fall!

Ninja Loco
05-12-2009, 03:16 PM
No offense to anyone, but if you can at all afford it, NOT hiring one is about the "un-smartest" thing you can do. That is putting it very PC. As Maniak put it, you cannot look at yourself objectively, and neither can friends. ESPECIALLY friends. One has to have as close to a judge's eyes as possible.