PDA

View Full Version : Which training protocol is best

buckimscl
05-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Is it HIT? How's about Doggcrapp?? Or is it GVT or P/RR/S?? Of just plain old volume based training. Calling all muscleheads male and female to weigh in on which training style is best. What we are looking for is:

*Style

*Why and not just, " HIT Rocks" type of responses.

*What type of training you are currently using and your goals.

Please no cutting and pasting either. We are looking for your opinions and your input. I don't need another cut and paste article ad nauseum from Dante, Mentzer, Broser, Poliquin or any other guru's. I am looking for YOUR opinions! Thanks in advance for your contribution.

buckimscl
05-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Personally I have always like a volume approach. I started training back in the 80's and then quit for years and started again about 5 years ago. I remember the 2-2.5 hour training sessions that were freaking brutal. The mindset was every other day for muscle groups. I have tried HIT but never been a fan. I don't believe that one sort of training will work for everyone. Mentzer was too dogmatic in his beliefs with Arthur Jones training methods. There are those body types who will respond to any sort of training but just like there are Endo, Ecto, and Mesomorphs there is no one cookie cutter type of training for all. I haven't really tried DC to any great degree with the fascial stretching thing. GVT I have dabbled in but I always go back to my old style. I'm not sure if it is because of the era I grew up in and the style of training I cut my teeth on. But to follow my own rules:

Volume based training

It is the method I am most comfortable with and I have seen real results with.

Spring 2010 nattie show. 44 years old and hopefully about 5-6% bf when I hit the stage!

Mr X
05-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Is it HIT? How's about Doggcrapp?? Or is it GVT or P/RR/S?? Of just plain old volume based training. Calling all muscleheads male and female to weigh in on which training style is best. What we are looking for is:

*Style

Please no cutting and pasting either. We are looking for your opinions and your input. I don't need another cut and paste article ad nauseum from Dante, Mentzer, Broser, Poliquin or any other guru's. I am looking for YOUR opinions! Thanks in advance for your contribution.

what the fuck is this WE business?

buckimscl
05-12-2009, 10:45 AM
The other people here.

BigJD69
05-12-2009, 11:13 AM
HIT for me.

Yolo
05-12-2009, 11:15 AM
I voted DC simply because it is the system that makes the most sense to me but I'm pretty sure anything based on progression will yield results

Diabetic Muscle
05-12-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm a fan of volume training. I pretty much followed this until a couple of weeks back. It gave me a good muscle base. I am currently using P/RR/S just in the second week of it so undecided as of yet. I like the reasoning behind P/RR/S.
Goals are to compete next year not sure what show yet.

ironwarrior22
05-12-2009, 01:06 PM
I have recently been getting into DC and have had very good results. I also like the setup, it makes sense to put a large emphasis on getting extremely strong. I also like the overall aspects of P/RR/S in that variation and working all aspects of muscle hypertrophy will in tern create the biggest muscles. I am planning on incorporating a mixed program using DC for a couple months straight, probably until stagnation occurs and then doing a couple weeks of phase 2 and 3 of P/RR/S.

THUNDERGOD
05-12-2009, 06:15 PM
I took a break from DC for about 4 months and went with more volume....needless to say, that was a big mistake!! There are different forms of HIT training out there, but DC is what I choose.

tonyaskew
05-13-2009, 09:42 AM
Personally I think it is laughable everytime a new training protocol emerges.
Someone new has come up with the latest and greatest scheme to get big. Then as usual most come and go.

Some people acheive a decent amount of success, and others do not.

IMO nothing can replace good, solid, hardcore, balls to the wall training. Regardless of what protocol you use, if your work ethic is off, you will be too.

That said, of the programs listed I like PRRS the most. It is a very adaptable program and basically fits any lifting style.

bigtimektz
05-13-2009, 09:52 AM

*Style

Style-DC Training

Why- DC focuses on progression. Less time in the gym+more recovery=results. The DC protocol just makes the most sense to me in terms of gaining muscle while becoming increasingly stronger.

I have currently been training DC for 6 months and have continually progressed the entire time in both strength and muscle gains. Results speak for the program IMO.

G-Roy
05-13-2009, 10:25 AM
*Style: P/RR/S

*Why: Requires constant adaptation and adresses three different lifting techniques, rather than one. Also focuses on limiting training to a few intense sets and excercises rather than straight volume.

*What type of training you are currently using and your goals: Modified RR/P/RR/S which better suites my style. May add in some FS-7 to spice it up.

Frosty
05-13-2009, 12:35 PM
The best system is one that uses many systems!!

HeavyDutyGuy
05-14-2009, 06:23 PM
The question should be best for who? One guy might like DC training, while I prefer more of a HIT approach. Why ? Mostly fiber type. I'm very white fiber- strong, but fatigue faster. Hence heavier weights for less reps while going to at least failure. The other guy might need the extra reps that DC has you do.

thepump
05-14-2009, 06:26 PM
I prefer the HIT. The only time I venture into high volume sets/reps is when I need a change and need to give my ligaments and joints a rest. But as every bodybuilder knows, you have to find what works for you. This recipe for mass works for me.

The Big Sexy
05-14-2009, 06:30 PM
Personally I think it is laughable everytime a new training protocol emerges.
Someone new has come up with the latest and greatest scheme to get big. Then as usual most come and go.

Some people acheive a decent amount of success, and others do not.

IMO nothing can replace good, solid, hardcore, balls to the wall training. Regardless of what protocol you use, if your work ethic is off, you will be too.

That said, of the programs listed I like PRRS the most. It is a very adaptable program and basically fits any lifting style.

Best post here...

Doggcrapp
05-15-2009, 12:09 PM
I voted DC simply because it is the system that makes the most sense to me but I'm pretty sure anything based on progression will yield results

couldnt agree more....the best training protocol is whatever you truly believe in and love doing that is progressive.

Pick your poison.

Yolo
05-15-2009, 03:01 PM
couldnt agree more....the best training protocol is whatever you truly believe in and love doing that is progressive.

Pick your poison.

And there you have it, ladies and gents, from the man himself:bowdown:

SouthernLord
05-19-2009, 08:34 PM
I like to mix it up as well. I've had my best results with three day a week full body type splits. 5x5, DC, Upper/Lower splits. I'm not a big fan of high volume training or body part splits, but they have their place.