PDA

View Full Version : Penn Call GSP a "roider"

vatel
02-13-2009, 11:35 PM
'Grease-Gate' XXXIII: Penn talks KenFlo tip, calls GSP a roider (http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma_experts/post/-Grease-Gate-XXXIII-Penn-talks-KenFlo-tip-cal?urn=mma,141198)
By Steve Cofield
Some people thrive on conflict and angst. Is has to be why B.J. Penn continues to throw fresh coals into the stove to stoke the "Grease-Gate" fire. Now not only is Georges St. Pierre and his camp being smeared, Penn has turned his attention to Kenny Florian, who just happens to be his next opponent.
Penn, the UFC lightweight champ, doesn't seem too pleased to find out that Florian will train for his lightweight title shot against "The Prodigy" with GSP in Montreal. Penn said on his radio show that Florian is a turncoat (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/2/11/756856/bloody-elbow-exclusive-ken):

"Oh, that's funny, he's going to tristar? He's the who who tipped us off that GSP was going to be greasing," said Penn. "He actually emailed me and tipped me off."

Florian, who is also a member of the MMA media with his spot on ESPN's MMA live show, denied the accusations:

"I don't even know BJ's email. How or why would I send that information?"

Penn's latest video tries to clarify the email statement:

"Kenny if you're going to call me a liar on stuff I'm going to call you out. You're right it was not an email, you texted someone in the camp and told them that GSP is a big roider and big greaser to watch out for him. Kenny, I'm just calling a spade a spade."

Click here to watch (http://www.bjpenn.com/) at BJPenn.com:
Penn says plenty of witnesses saw the alleged text including Penn's boxing coach Jason Parillo. That's pretty serious stuff. Now it's gone from greasing to St. Pierre is the ARod of the UFC. Do you believe Penn or is this just more drama to hype his next fight?

Hittin
02-13-2009, 11:38 PM
'Grease-Gate' XXXIII: Penn talks KenFlo tip, calls GSP a roider (http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma_experts/post/-Grease-Gate-XXXIII-Penn-talks-KenFlo-tip-cal?urn=mma,141198)
By Steve Cofield
file:///C:/Users/Phil/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.jpgSome people thrive on conflict and angst. Is has to be why B.J. Penn continues to throw fresh coals into the stove to stoke the "Grease-Gate" fire. Now not only is Georges St. Pierre and his camp being smeared, Penn has turned his attention to Kenny Florian, who just happens to be his next opponent.
Penn, the UFC lightweight champ, doesn't seem too pleased to find out that Florian will train for his lightweight title shot against "The Prodigy" with GSP in Montreal. Penn said on his radio show that Florian is a turncoat (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/2/11/756856/bloody-elbow-exclusive-ken):
"Oh, that's funny, he's going to tristar? He's the who who tipped us off that GSP was going to be greasing," said Penn. "He actually emailed me and tipped me off."
Florian, who is also a member of the MMA media with his spot on ESPN's MMA live show, denied the accusations:
"I don't even know BJ's email. How or why would I send that information?"
Penn's latest video tries to clarify the email statement:
"Kenny if you're going to call me a liar on stuff I'm going to call you out. You're right it was not an email, you texted someone in the camp and told them that GSP is a big roider and big greaser to watch out for him. Kenny, I'm just calling a spade a spade."
Click here to watch (http://www.bjpenn.com/) at BJPenn.com:
Penn says plenty of witnesses saw the alleged text including Penn's boxing coach Jason Parillo. That's pretty serious stuff. Now it's gone from greasing to St. Pierre is the ARod of the UFC. Do you believe Penn or is this just more drama to hype his next fight?

Penn talks too much...MMA isn't boxing and doesn't need this kind of bullshit petty name calling. Fight and STFU.

Mr X
02-13-2009, 11:43 PM
this kind of hype is great..its what sells tickets.

thechampofchamp
02-13-2009, 11:45 PM
All the respect I had for BJ is gone. He came in unconditioned AGAIN and lost he needs to realize he's not going to win just because he's BJ Penn, stop making exscuses, stop training with yes men, and maybe he might be able to keep his belt.

Hittin
02-13-2009, 11:57 PM
this kind of hype is great..its what sells tickets.

Chuck, Randy, Nog, Mirko, Fedor, GSP, Anderson Silva, all don't talk that kind of shit.

How is it you feel that it is needed to sell tickets?

Mr X
02-14-2009, 12:01 AM
i didnt say it was needed but...

most of the biggest fights in mma history have been grudge matches ..its a fact that the ppv buy rates are much higher when there is a real beef between the fighters..nuff said

hulkish808
02-14-2009, 12:36 AM
GSP did talk shit against, Matt Serra, that's how the whole thing blew up before their rematch.

And yes, it does create higher ratings. Even when Wanderlei fought Rampage, they were talking shit. So don't try to make it seem like BJ's the outcast bro.

hulkish808
02-14-2009, 12:37 AM
BJ's gonna make Florian wish he never crossed him..

Mr X
02-14-2009, 12:41 AM
GSP did talk shit against, Matt Serra, that's how the whole thing blew up before their rematch.

And yes, it does create higher ratings. Even when Wanderlei fought Rampage, they were talking shit. So don't try to make it seem like BJ's the outcast bro.

well said..GSP talked a lot of shit towards Serra. everyones on BJ's case but most fighters talk shit ..including golden boy GSP

MartyMcFly
02-14-2009, 02:03 AM
All the respect I had for BJ is gone. He came in unconditioned AGAIN and lost he needs to realize he's not going to win just because he's BJ Penn, stop making exscuses, stop training with yes men, and maybe he might be able to keep his belt.

exactly my feeling bro...all respect gone.:cool:

Rico MacTaco
02-14-2009, 02:32 AM
Penn is a fucking bum...All the talent and no discipline...

2manytoyz
02-14-2009, 05:31 AM
BJ's gonna make Florian wish he never crossed him..

I hope so because he said the same thing about GSP

.DP
02-14-2009, 05:36 AM
BJ's a fucking clown. It's too bad he quit during the GSP fight...I would have loved to see him tap or get KO'd.

mts
02-14-2009, 09:35 AM
oh BJ's just mad because he's not cheating like everyone else at UFC, I can see why he's mad. GSP is a clown claiming he never cheated before bullshit his gyno and shinny vaseline back proves it

ArcherJames
02-14-2009, 11:47 AM
oh BJ's just mad because he's not cheating like everyone else at UFC, I can see why he's mad. GSP is a clown claiming he never cheated before bullshit his gyno and shinny vaseline back proves it

What we have here is a lot of conjecture and unsubstantiated rumor. Rumor I might say generated by BJ Penn.

hulkish808
02-14-2009, 01:47 PM
well BJ's gonna be in his own weight class this time, so it's to his advantage now.

we just have to wait and see...

LANCE ADAM
02-14-2009, 03:10 PM
BJ was on gas before, remeber his old fights vs pulver, he was lean and veiny... why do u think hes bald as fuck now?

JamesWebb
02-15-2009, 03:20 PM
bj is done. i hope florian murders him and I actually think he will.

hulkish808
02-15-2009, 04:10 PM
BJ was on gas before, remeber his old fights vs pulver, he was lean and veiny... why do u think hes bald as fuck now?

Because he shaves his head, retard...

So does that mean MJ, Tyson, well..majority of NBA players were on the juice, because they're bald? epic fail, no warrant to back yourself up!

We'll see if Florian got better from the Ultimate Fighter show. I doubt he has enough to beat BJ tho.

tommigunzzz
02-17-2009, 08:58 AM
All of BJ's comments seem so scripted. He has talent, but can't talk to save his life.

BigJD69
02-17-2009, 10:31 AM
It's all hype!!!

tommigunzzz
02-17-2009, 11:48 AM
It's all hype!!!

True, but he could at least act like he's not reading from a cue card

Mr. Shoulders
02-17-2009, 12:28 PM
BJ Penn...RIP

Sin Eater
02-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Instead of learning from his losses and improving, BJ Penn whines and makes up excuses for every one of his losses. He has talent, but I don't see him as a warrior.

red barraca
02-23-2009, 09:08 PM
bj is going to get stomped

Viking
02-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Man I hate penn, GSP better retire his ass in the rematch!!!

Johnny Phenomenon
03-01-2009, 01:06 PM
BJ is the new age Tito...all the talent, none of the drive.

Sensei
03-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Penn is a sore loser, I just keep losing respect for the guy

crashcrew56
03-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Penn is only crying because GSP owned his ass, grease or no grease the outcome of that fight wouldn't have changed

testboner
03-12-2009, 09:17 PM
BJ is a terrible loser.
I also believe that Florian very well may be a surprise to BJ and any BJ fans that are left. Definitely hoping to see Florian put all the pieces together. That pretty much will be the end of BJ if it goes down that way.

iusealittle
03-13-2009, 03:14 AM
penn is over but after ken-flo whoops up on him then no one will fear penn...... he is very talented but lacks ANY of the drive to win.

use.