PDA

View Full Version : Melatonin-Who's taken it and what kind of dreams have you had

Spauldo
02-14-2009, 01:34 AM
Sometimes its hard to get a good nights rest. Anything could cause us to have those nights where we toss and turn. So I tried Melatonin, and let me tell you this. I have had some of the must fucked up, non making sense dreams everytime I took those pills. I am sure some of you have tried this nighttime supplement. So for some good laughs, Lets hear some of the fucked up dreams you had while taking this shit. I'll start first. Here's one that I rememeber having a few weeks back. I was on the beach somewhere on the west coast. It was possibly in the OC like Huntington Beach or in Malibu. All I know is that the beach was filled with people. It was raining like hell but everyone was smiling and having a good time, like there was no rain. I didnt understand why there were hundreds of people on the beach during a storm. They were playing vollyball, bbqing, playing frisbee. When the water would fall down it evaporated into nothing. So nothing was getting wet. Not the people, not the sand, just nothing. I am sitting down on the sand and there is a huge pig that keeps trying to get my attention. It kept snorting and licking my face like a dog would. I was surronded by people sitting in lawnchairs and they were saying. "awww, look he wants you to pet him" But I kept pushing the pig away from me yelling out that the pig was dead and I kept vomiting in my hands over and over again. The pig wouldnt stop trying to lick my face. The pig turns around and starts drinking out of a bowl. I look at the bowl and on the bowl its written. "Bacolyze" When I see whats written I say out loud, what the fuck is this shit, Dave Palumbo wouldnt make that. Then the pig turns its head around real fast, looks at me right in the eyes and disappears in thin air. I look all around me to see what is going on cause I was in shock. When I look forward again theres a little kid standing there with there hands out. The kid runs up to me and the people in the lawnchairs say. "Arent you going to hug your own daughter?" I was confused, So I hugged the girl and when I looked over her shoulder the ocean had enormous waves, just like it does when a heavy storm hits and then I noticed the pacific ocean was pitch black. I woke up and was like WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT. Now tell me that isnt a fucked up dream!!! Now if your looking for crazy dreams like your on LSD. Take a couple pills of Melatonin. They carry it at any supplement store or local grocery store.

HanSoLo
02-14-2009, 06:11 AM
LOL, I just woke up from a fucked up dream where my wife tells me I was yelling in my sleep!! Melatonin FTW!!
I take it everynight and have the most random dreams, that seem to jump from place to place and make no sense, plus I can always remember them. I also have a lot of nightmares when on it, really vivid nightmares. But I love it, when dieting that extra deep sleep helps a lot

MikeS
02-14-2009, 12:05 PM
I dont think thats the melatonin man!!! I've taken it, 3mg at a time, I sleep well but just dont wake up!!!!! 1.5mg is a bit better as I can wake up from that and still feel rested but dont get no weird dreams. GABA is good also

maxititer
02-14-2009, 12:35 PM
I used melatonin long time ago and I was sleeping well, no dreams, but later I found that my prolactin become high, and becasue there were no any other reasons for prolactin to rise, I blame it on melatonin and did not used it since.

ryjenn
02-14-2009, 12:56 PM
melatonin does not work for more then a week for me...but i have sleeping problems so who knows what really works...
can't really say my dreams have unusual though.

STEELERJ-XL
02-14-2009, 01:19 PM
I take 15 mgs a nite. Its all good baby. Mine has theanine for stress relief.

jaws43
02-14-2009, 01:47 PM
the first time I took melatonin I probably had way too much, my friend told me I needed to take 5 pills or whatever... but I had a dream that my dad had died and it was soo vivid and real that I spent that whole day depressed and bummed out. It was weird because I didn't know how he died and I didn't recall anything about but because of the dream I thought he was dead... I took me a while for it to register that it was really only a dream... I didn't take it again for years...

robert da strongman
02-14-2009, 01:58 PM
mine are vivid and strange....i sleep well though

bigdaddyd
02-14-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm good at 3mg but 5mg and up I have weird dreams. The last one had 5 snakes "swimming" around in my bed. My wife woke me up and I was literally trying to get the freaking things out of the bed. It took close to 15 minutes for me to realize it was a dream man...I think I'll stick with 3mg.

Pearce
02-14-2009, 03:31 PM
EVERYTIME I TAKE MELATONIN, I have insane dreams.. that or ZMA, always insane dreams. Always.

MuscleAddict83
02-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Been taking 10-15mgs a night for going on 7-8 months now, ever since the research showed it to be anabolic. I gotta tell you its great! I've been making better gains ever since I've started taking it and have had no trouble sleeping on nights that I don't.

Mike Marcano
02-14-2009, 08:48 PM
No weird dreams for me....it doesn't put me to sleep but makes me want to stay sleeping and I wake up a little groggy, gotta take it EARLY!

vatel
02-14-2009, 09:28 PM
I take 2.5mg, 3-5 nights a week. I have had some extremely vivid dreams. Sometimes I write them down right when I wake up, so I can give my buddy out in LA some new movie ideas!

Wolfstriked
02-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Sometimes its hard to get a good nights rest. Anything could cause us to have those nights where we toss and turn. So I tried Melatonin, and let me tell you this. I have had some of the must fucked up, non making sense dreams everytime I took those pills. I am sure some of you have tried this nighttime supplement. So for some good laughs, Lets hear some of the fucked up dreams you had while taking this shit. I'll start first. Here's one that I rememeber having a few weeks back. I was on the beach somewhere on the west coast. It was possibly in the OC like Huntington Beach or in Malibu. All I know is that the beach was filled with people. It was raining like hell but everyone was smiling and having a good time, like there was no rain. I didnt understand why there were hundreds of people on the beach during a storm. They were playing vollyball, bbqing, playing frisbee. When the water would fall down it evaporated into nothing. So nothing was getting wet. Not the people, not the sand, just nothing. I am sitting down on the sand and there is a huge pig that keeps trying to get my attention. It kept snorting and licking my face like a dog would. I was surronded by people sitting in lawnchairs and they were saying. "awww, look he wants you to pet him" But I kept pushing the pig away from me yelling out that the pig was dead and I kept vomiting in my hands over and over again. The pig wouldnt stop trying to lick my face. The pig turns around and starts drinking out of a bowl. I look at the bowl and on the bowl its written. "Bacolyze" When I see whats written I say out loud, what the fuck is this shit, Dave Palumbo wouldnt make that. Then the pig turns its head around real fast, looks at me right in the eyes and disappears in thin air. I look all around me to see what is going on cause I was in shock. When I look forward again theres a little kid standing there with there hands out. The kid runs up to me and the people in the lawnchairs say. "Arent you going to hug your own daughter?" I was confused, So I hugged the girl and when I looked over her shoulder the ocean had enormous waves, just like it does when a heavy storm hits and then I noticed the pacific ocean was pitch black. I woke up and was like WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT. Now tell me that isnt a fucked up dream!!! Now if your looking for crazy dreams like your on LSD. Take a couple pills of Melatonin. They carry it at any supplement store or local grocery store.

WTF this post has me rolling and its the second time Ive read it.Rain with no water....pigs licking faces...vomiting into hands...daughter???who knew...BACOLYZe :D

Im outto get me some more melatonin tommorow!!

militantmuscle
02-14-2009, 11:28 PM
I take 3mg of melatonin and I will occasionally add GABA as well. I don't really notice a difference in quality of dreams... I sure do sleep better though, and wake up more energetic.

HARDCOREB
02-16-2009, 04:48 AM
Melatonin is a phenomenal product! I prefer 3mg sublingual and 3mg time released or CMI's BIG about 30-60 min before bedtime.

HARDCOREB
02-16-2009, 05:06 AM
Heres an archived segment on melatonin from and old episode of Superhuman Radio:
http://www.trumix.com/podshows/1874771

mts
02-16-2009, 11:19 AM
It helps me sleep, I can't remember if it gives me any bad dreams, I took stuff (shaman herbs) before that really messes with your dreams. But a little melatonin, phenibut, and theanine is very relaxing.
As maxititer said I think I read somewhere that melatonin increased GH, IGF-1, and prolactin

militantmuscle
02-16-2009, 11:48 AM

OMG that is f****** weird, I hate a dream one time about a boar chasing me on melatonin, I ended up flipping in my sleep and getting my foot impaled on a post on my girlfriends shelf, had to go to ER, there was a flap of skin 1/4 inch thick hanging off my anke it was crazy, had to get 8 stitches. I am seriously not making this up either, I just read your whole post for the first time, that is crazy! Another guy on melatonin had a wild pig dream.

But that was the only time... other than that I was fine, I don't know what could have caused it.

chucksm00th
02-16-2009, 10:00 PM
No weird dreams, you tend to get better sleep while on it, its in Daves Somalyze along with GABA which helps further relax you.

You generally dont need it until your older since your body produces much less as you age, your leves are the highest as a baby and teen, thats why babies and teens sleep so much lol

buckimscl
02-16-2009, 10:22 PM
Took it and didn't really see any benefit.

Womanthrower
02-17-2009, 01:05 AM
I've never really had any weird dreams on melatonin, but it does make me dream more. Even when I wake up during the night, the thought process of the dream will still be going on and when I go back to sleep it'll pick up from there. Very weird.

Razer
02-17-2009, 02:01 AM
Take Melatonin and eat some watermelon, come back and comment. Talk about crazy dreams...

rich_fox117
02-18-2009, 11:08 PM
i may be completely wrong about this but i dont think it changes your dreams at all

i believe the reason why your dreams are so crazy on them is that you sleep much deeper, therefore you see more of your dream, when you dont have a great nights sleep, at least for me, i tend to "not dream" but i know thats impossible

my idea behind this is the heavier it puts you into a state of rest, the better your chances are for seeing your dream that your gonna have regardless

....but then again maybe I'm completely wrong lol

Enmity
02-19-2009, 02:22 AM

dude, you are insane! lol, lace that melatonin with shrooms and i'm sure you could bring that dream into actuality.

sassy69
02-19-2009, 02:26 AM
EVERYTIME I TAKE MELATONIN, I have insane dreams.. that or ZMA, always insane dreams. Always.

Drop the dose.

Even w/ your standard 1 mg tabs I get weird ass dreams for 2 hrs & then stare at the ceiling the rest of the night. 0.5 mg and I sleep like a baby.

Enmity
02-19-2009, 02:58 AM
if you exceed 4g i'm sure you'll experience some pretty interesting dreams. dreaming occurs 4-5x throughout the night but the average person only remembers ones that happened towards the end of the sleep cycle.

so either an increase in melatonin allows you to extract memories from REM sleep or it just causes you to have insane dreams.

GREENMACHINE23
02-20-2009, 10:58 PM
I took it while working third shift. My quality of sleep was improved. Don't remember any dreams though.

SonOfPluto
03-23-2009, 03:34 PM

So, do you have a daughter in real life? The girl could be from a past life, or possibly the soul of a miscarried baby you impregnated several years ago. I think the pig may have been a demonic influence, most certainly it was definitely negative.

Chebster
03-24-2009, 08:28 PM
I take 6mg a night, most nights. Try mixing it with a hemi sync sleeping cd and see what happens. Not completely wierd but the colouring of my dreams seems straight of the Banana Bunch.

MichaelWayne
03-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Just started taking them a couple weeks ago. Vivid, strange and violent. Like F5ing a guy off a three story building because he was a goon for the guy that took over my factory. Oh yeah, I was Willy Wonka. Pretty much the norm.

Mossberg
03-29-2009, 03:10 PM
This thread is funny. I was taking it a few weeks ago. Started on 5mg for a couple of days and then thought I was getting used to it so I went with 10mg. Slept hard, and now that you mention it I did have some vivid dreams. I think I will start taking them again they did work for me. Plus, I have this dream that was so awesome I wrote a story about it after I woke up. I want to have it again to refresh my memory and add to the awesomeness.

SonOfPluto
07-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Lately i've been taking relatively high dosages..around 18mg and have noticed very vivid colors in my dreams, like I was watching old cartoons in high definition, very strange indeed. Now I keep having these dreams involving a bloke I knew from my high school in which he becomes really angry towards me for some reason. I never had issues with this guy in the past nor found him threatening so I'm somewhat bewildred. I'm considering the possibility that he's already passed and that he's getting some sort of perverse enjoyment out of hijacking my dreams...

SoxFan11
07-02-2009, 11:52 PM
18 mg? Sweet jesus, that is insane.

GottaGetLean
07-02-2009, 11:55 PM
3mg is good 4 me:popcorn:

SoxFan11
07-03-2009, 12:08 AM
I normally go with 3mg, but I bought a different brand this time and have had to bump it up to 6mg. My dreams are not too bad and it's not knocking me out cold, so I am assuming the product is of a lesser quality.

The Thinker
07-03-2009, 10:32 AM
I love Melatonin as it puts me to sleep hard. The best part is that I can fall back to sleep easily when I wake up to use the rest room in the middle of the night.

As far as wierd dreams, I do have them but I'm not sure it's the melatonin. I wonder if it is dose dependent. The other night I accidently took double my norm and had crazy dreams.

Rattbones
07-03-2009, 10:49 AM
I sleep during the day so I have got to take it. Get it in ALRI Lean Dreams and another otc sleep aid. Not sure how fucked up my dreams are, but it takes me a long time to wake up, or become fully cognitive

"Rodz"
07-03-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm good with 3mg, when i take 6 i have a hard time waking up.

Foreskin
07-04-2009, 12:23 AM
i regularly use melatonin and like others i find the dreams to be vivid and off the wall, the one i had last night was Bruce Dickenson of Iron Maiden was playing a solo gig here in my town of a whopping 5000 people in our theatre that sits a whopping 300 people, then after personally meeting and greeting everyone at the show he took it out to the street to belt out a few tunes, fucked up eh? and I'm not even a maiden fan

B7emm
07-04-2009, 12:28 AM
i use 1 tablet a day and i don't dream but my wife said i try to feel her up and have sex in my sleep. i thought she was just joking with me but i guess its possible.