PDA

View Full Version : What can i eat?

azakel
05-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Hi, I'm 22 6'0 and weight 205lbs my goal is to drop 20 to 30lbs I'm starting on Dave Palumbo's Diet, i got the whey protein and i understand the Diet but i got some doubts about it like for example what exactly can i eat?

See the problem is i don't like eggs, i really can't stand one of them every morning let alone 6 :eek:

Currently I'm eating beans at morning, grilled chicken, steak, tuna, or grilled fish for lunch and dinner with some broccoli, and i'm trying to mix some spices on them but breakfast is my major problem.

About excercising well i don't really hit the gym but i play basketball 2 days a week for a little over an hour, a friend refered me to this site and i'm really liking it but i wanted so help with the menu.

Thanks for your help :beerbang:

azakel
05-14-2009, 11:14 PM
and what to drink too, cause im limiting myself to water and just water but i wanted to know if there's something else, thx!

maximusmac
05-15-2009, 01:26 AM
I do a Shake first thing I make the night before so it is ready Personal I can't eat whole food for at least 30 in or I get sick so I do the shake thing but first whole meal is

6 whole omega-3 eggs white or Chicken Breast cubed

Crystal lite and dave say diet soda ( i would watch that a lot of sodium) but it is nice to get that soda taste. also do not forget your cheat meal. once a week same time and day is best something to look forward to

The Thinker
05-15-2009, 01:38 AM
I'm not trying to be harsh but you need to change your mindset. The concept of "liking" something needs to be forgotten for all meals except your free meal. Food is just fuel in the tank and should be treated as a means to an ends. If you want the results bad enough you will choke down just about anything. When I was struggling with this concept my mentor used to tell me that if I was in prison I would eat what ever they put in front of me if I was hungry enough. My suggestion is that you follow Dave's diet to the letter.

Good luck.

"Rodz"
05-15-2009, 04:37 AM
Massive makes a good point, the tougher the journey, the sweeter the reward, but Dave has said the order of the meals isnt crucial, so start with a shake, but remember eggs are the perfect food, so if you can, try eating them later in the day. And I dont mean any offence by this, but 2 hours of half ass cardio a week wont get you to your goals quickly

mopain4u
05-20-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm not trying to be harsh but you need to change your mindset. The concept of "liking" something needs to be forgotten for all meals except your free meal. Food is just fuel in the tank and should be treated as a means to an ends. If you want the results bad enough you will choke down just about anything. When I was struggling with this concept my mentor used to tell me that if I was in prison I would eat what ever they put in front of me if I was hungry enough. My suggestion is that you follow Dave's diet to the letter.

Good luck.

X 2 ^

i'm not a professional but here's my 2c's any way

i'm not familiar with the diet plan you are following. i follow my own diet plan that i've put together from advice from others and trial and error. one of the best things you can eat for breakfast regardless of what kind of diet you are on is a bowl of plain oatmeal with either some peanut butter or some of your favorite protein powder mixed in. i can't stand eating oatmeal but when you mix in the peanut butter or the powder it makes it taste much better. oh and don't worry about the fat in the peanut butter. it's good fat that your body will burn off through out the day fairly easily. the whole grain carbs from the oatmeal are good for you too, and as long as you eat them first thing in the morning they wont affect your weightloss at all.

this is a very popular breakfast for guys trying to cut up. it's also great for lean bulking too ( as long as you add in a few other things ).

sketchy88
08-06-2009, 10:21 AM
you need to forget the concept of taste. also your gunna need to train alot harder, the higher the intensity the better the results.

Sledge
08-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Hi, I'm 22 6'0 and weight 205lbs my goal is to drop 20 to 30lbs I'm starting on Dave Palumbo's Diet, i got the whey protein and i understand the Diet but i got some doubts about it like for example what exactly can i eat?

See the problem is i don't like eggs, i really can't stand one of them every morning let alone 6 :eek:

Currently I'm eating beans at morning, grilled chicken, steak, tuna, or grilled fish for lunch and dinner with some broccoli, and i'm trying to mix some spices on them but breakfast is my major problem.

About excercising well i don't really hit the gym but i play basketball 2 days a week for a little over an hour, a friend refered me to this site and i'm really liking it but i wanted so help with the menu.

Thanks for your help :beerbang:

You've decided on a keto type diet so I won't advise on diet for your goals. I'm sure you will get great results this way.

I disagree with the forget about liking thing. Unless your dieting for a comp in 10 weeks you should not need to eat food you don't like. That's just a recipe for failure.

If you don't like eggs, easy, don't eat them. Have a WPI shake with some mac nut oil. Or 200g steak and some asparigus. or a 200g chicken breast with some green beans.
Cutting is hard enough mentally and physically and surrounded by well meaning people who will try and sabotage you. Without making it even harder by making you eat stuff you don't like.

Personally I'm a fan of a post workout Steak instead of a shake :)

As for exercise, if general fitness and loosing a bit of fat is your main goal. Id recommend a mix. Your playing basketball 2 days a week and that's great. I'd add in another couple of days of interval training switching from high to low intensity. If you can motivate yourself to get into a gym and include some resistance training as well in the future you'll be well on your way to a fitter healthier life.