PDA

View Full Version : Two weeks out-Figure Competition

hienergy1983
05-15-2009, 11:10 AM
I am two weeks out from my first figure competion. I have read, researched, studied, asked around and I have learned a lot from everyone who has been there done that but I find the last couple of weeks in particular to be very confusing because there are so many different opinions on what to do. I have trained and dieted hard but I do not feel ready at all, probably partially because I do not know what to expect. My upper body is very lean and definition is great but I feel very flat as I have been on a very low carb diet (1/2 cup dry oats am is only carb other than green veggies). If I have a refeed day I fill out nicely and I do not think I have actually lost very much muscle because I am just as strong at the gym. My lower body however I am really struggling with. I have noticed pretty dramatic changes the last few weeks but for only being 2 weeks out I do not feel lean enough. I am hoping some of it is water and will come off during peak week. I guess my question is for a figure competitor coming in almost too lean in her upper body and a little flat but still struggling in the ham/glute area how do you suggest I plan my peak week as far as sodium, carbs, water, training, etc?
Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you! http://assets.bodybuilding.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

HeavyDutyGuy
05-18-2009, 12:19 AM
Pics would help people evaluate your current condition. But it sounds like you need more time.

StrongMan.87
05-18-2009, 01:33 AM
one word: pics.

The Big Sexy
05-18-2009, 01:41 AM
Well - A lot of guys do pay coaches for that very reason. Personally, I don't have a problem losing the fat, or cutting down... but coming in full, dry, and not depleted looking - that's where you need some expert advice and monitoring.

hienergy1983
05-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Here are some pictures that were taken two days ago. Any advise or suggestions would be appreciated. Sorry I should've posted these sooner but needed to get to a different computer to change photo size so it would let me post them.
Thanks guys...

tammyp
05-18-2009, 03:18 PM
im an NPC judge, so heres my thoughts. butt and hams need to be tighter, suit bottoms higher. arms closer to body in rear shot.

HeavyDutyGuy
05-19-2009, 02:35 AM
You shoud include shots that include your calves. Hard to comment on the condition of your legs without seeing all of them. You're right, your upper body is ahead of your legs-thighs anyway, in terms of definition. The other thing that hit me is yoour delts totally overpower your upper arms. Might want to hit arms harder, and ease back some on delts for a while. Nice back detail!