PDA

View Full Version : WE are FIT not Perfect

MotivatedMaya
10-05-2012, 11:07 PM
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us..."

As the super motivating "Olympia" weekend wraps up (Superbowl for Fitness/figure/bodybuilding/bikini in Vegas) a sad yet refreshing reality became so clear to me. WE, Competitors, Athletes, Pro Athletes and some personal trainers that walk the walk...we are not PERFECT nor flawless simply because we seem to have a "perfect body."
Nicole Wilkins said it best regarding her outcome at the "O" show in Vegas, although she was happy to place in the top 2, she was disappointed with herself because she wanted first. However, she also knew what "mistakes" she had made or adjustments she needed to make in order to improve. OMG...did she possibly cheat on her diet 1 day? Did she not push as hard as she could of in a work out without Kim Oddo? The truth is...its all possible. But the internet, the magazines make these fitness figures all seem so imperfect. They give us, me, an image that I almost kill myself to obtain. This image of perfection.

So on Facebook recently, a few IFBB figure Pros admittedly wrote, "I had a sweet tooth today, I gave in, I ate 2 snickers bars, blah blah blah..." I exhaled as I read it because although it did not excuse my weak moments; it made me feel better like I am not the only 1 that falls. Regardless of those that pass judgement upon me, look at me with shock in their eyes and add to my guilt, I AM HUMAN. It was refreshing to see the large number of competitors replied with supportive comments to this competitor to help her get thru this moment of shame and frustration We ALL uplifted her and encouraged her to go enjoy her workout and let it go. I LOVE IT!

So these last 2 weeks have been awesome from a focused stand point. I have been hungry, I have been tired and I have been emotional BUT my EYES have been focused and I didn't destroy myself mentally when I made a mistake and ate some extra PB2!! LOL!! I remain accountable to my trainer by weighing in, measuring my quads and completing my workouts.

My goal is to start my day with an intimate talk with god about my day past & present and the thoughts that run through my head. Then I remind myself that:
Its the endless persistence that separates the day dreamers from the doers.
I AM UNSTOPPABLE, consistently, endlessly persistent, doer of dreams.
I am willing to do whatever it takes to make them happen.
NO matter how long it takes, or how many times I fail, I WILL make my dreams come true.
And Maybe, just maybe 1 day god will bring the right man along to share in this dream with me and NOT hold me back.

Stay FIERCE peeps, because I most certainly will.

AVBG
10-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Killa first post! Welcome

MotivatedMaya
10-05-2012, 11:22 PM
thanks! i appreciate u taking the time to read it...the skys the limit...

AVBG
10-06-2012, 02:05 AM
thanks! i appreciate u taking the time to read it...the skys the limit...

No probs.. I like it when our members are addressing some of the psychological aspects of this crazy pageantry we are involved in.

D-NUTZ
10-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Excellent first post.

Keep doing what you love and everything will be just fine.

Looking forward to this journal.