PDA

View Full Version : No Test, No Nothing!!!

Dom
05-17-2009, 09:36 AM
Well its now been about 2 days with out any test or at least feels like it !!
I am in the 3 week count down till my last blood work up of a 4 year study of a long acting test. No I dont know what it is but it has not been approved yet. As it turns out I am the last one in the whole US on this and the only one who made it thru the entire study. My point is that the Dr who has been great wants me clear of any test for at last 3 weeks and as many of you no , no test sucks!! I think it sucks more when you have been on it for a while and get shut down , kind like you know what you are missing! I can really feel it dropping, moody, happy, pissy, you name it its me and none of it is happy for long. I am going to see a new Dr , one that like my levels higher. I know it will be fine in three long fucking painful weeks of no test no nothing!!
And yes I will post up my test results as soon as I get them, I am going to ask for my first, middle and last to show how it has changed. I am sure I have forgotten allot of stuff so as every one asks I will re post. For the women please post you thoughts on this, with you and you other ( husband ect )I know its rough on my wife , but she really just doesnt get it.
Rick & wife , Gman Sassy, anyone who has been it this spot .
THANKS!!!!!!
Dom No Nothing No Test!!

Cogrick2
05-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Your post is interesting, but I am confused. Are you at the end or the beginning of this study? And how are you able to change doctors and still participate?

esplendido
05-17-2009, 11:40 AM
My wife understands the up and down desire cycles...even has her own. That being said, we both look forward to the end of our competive bbing in a few years and to the level "playing field" it will afford. I look forward to going to the gym for the shear joy of it up against what has become work and chemistry 500.

Dom
05-17-2009, 11:45 AM
I am at the end, the study was a paid study! So it didnt cost me. Now I am with out any insurance . So I needed to find a Dr who would work with me and not charge a small mint to get my test levels and blood work. I also will not go to some quack. I need blood work and to know what is going on with my body. I do this first to be healthy.

So in short.. I am at the end of a study .
I have 0 insurance.
I need to be on test, my normal levels are 220 to 240 ( SUCK)
Time to start over!:D

Dom
05-17-2009, 11:47 AM
My wife understands the up and down desire cycles...even has her own. That being said, we both look forward to the end of our competive bbing in a few years and to the level "playing field" it will afford. I look forward to going to the gym for the shear joy of it up against what has become work and chemistry 500.

Seem like I am just getting started, I have been on test for so long but never have competed. If I wasnt going to compete I would have just used the gels and been fine, I didnt mind the gels . The shots work so much better and they are better for my family.

ThePoser
05-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Well its now been about 2 days with out any test or at least feels like it !!
I am in the 3 week count down till my last blood work up of a 4 year study of a long acting test. No I dont know what it is but it has not been approved yet. As it turns out I am the last one in the whole US on this and the only one who made it thru the entire study. My point is that the Dr who has been great wants me clear of any test for at last 3 weeks and as many of you no , no test sucks!! I think it sucks more when you have been on it for a while and get shut down , kind like you know what you are missing! I can really feel it dropping, moody, happy, pissy, you name it its me and none of it is happy for long. I am going to see a new Dr , one that like my levels higher. I know it will be fine in three long fucking painful weeks of no test no nothing!!
And yes I will post up my test results as soon as I get them, I am going to ask for my first, middle and last to show how it has changed. I am sure I have forgotten allot of stuff so as every one asks I will re post. For the women please post you thoughts on this, with you and you other ( husband ect )I know its rough on my wife , but she really just doesnt get it.
Rick & wife , Gman Sassy, anyone who has been it this spot .
THANKS!!!!!!
Dom No Nothing No Test!!

Sounds like PMS

Dom
05-17-2009, 11:52 AM
feels like it!

sassy69
05-17-2009, 12:08 PM
No PCT at all? He just wants to take you off & leave you hanging (so to speak)?

Dom
05-17-2009, 12:14 PM
No PCT at all? He just wants to take you off & leave you hanging (so to speak)?

No, The study is just over. My options are to stay with him ( old Dr ) and pay for it . Or find another Dr that I like and pay for it.
So I did find another Dr , yes I am going to pay for it. The difference is the NEW Dr is wanting my test levels around 1000. My old Dr has it around 500.
My old Dr wants me back on gel and I have all women and it always causes some issues when playing with my girls.New Dr is fine with the shots and some other stuff the old one was not.

sassy69
05-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Sounds like PMS

To this point, I like to let guys know that women go thru this 1/month for most of their lives. I think its good to understand that they aren't just crazy bitches, but there's actually a reason behind it and it really sucks because you have no control over it, but its not you being a little bitch.

Something else I've learned is the impact of this on your behavior and your ability to manage it. Just because you have to go thru it doesn't give you license to make everyone else's life miserable while you suffer. Once you know what it "is", then you can usually anticipate it when you do feel it, and put in some sort of behavior mgmt to get thru it.

Ex -- on the first day of "that time of the month", I start to get weird mood swings. Ive always been a bit moody (I'm a classic Cancer), but this is a frustrating one because it makes me go off on anyone at work who asks a stupid question or pushing on something. Then I'd go home & call my mom about how my life was falling apart and I just wanted to stay home & cry like the horrors of the world were on my shoulders. Then she'd say "Is it that time of the month?" I'd get so pissed off cuz it was like she reduced my whole life & all its dramas to a hormonal thing. And then she'd be right. D'oh. So as soon as I felt the mood swing, I'd just work harder to relax, work from home if it made things better and just ride it out.

I employ the same on low-carb days and other competition-stress related days as well. I work too closely w/ people to afford to be bitchy for the next 9 weeks. I'm SOOO much better at dealing w/ things these days. Its a skill that I've been working on for years & still have room for improvement.

But mostly I wanted to highlight this so that guys can relate and if you need to explain it to a female, this is the comparison.

Dom
05-17-2009, 12:21 PM
To this point, I like to let guys know that women go thru this 1/month for most of their lives. I think its good to understand that they aren't just crazy bitches, but there's actually a reason behind it and it really sucks because you have no control over it, but its not you being a little bitch.

Something else I've learned is the impact of this on your behavior and your ability to manage it. Just because you have to go thru it doesn't give you license to make everyone else's life miserable while you suffer. Once you know what it "is", then you can usually anticipate it when you do feel it, and put in some sort of behavior mgmt to get thru it.

Ex -- on the first day of "that time of the month", I start to get weird mood swings. Ive always been a bit moody (I'm a classic Cancer), but this is a frustrating one because it makes me go off on anyone at work who asks a stupid question or pushing on something. Then I'd go home & call my mom about how my life was falling apart and I just wanted to stay home & cry like the horrors of the world were on my shoulders. Then she'd say "Is it that time of the month?" I'd get so pissed off cuz it was like she reduced my whole life & all its dramas to a hormonal thing. And then she'd be right. D'oh. So as soon as I felt the mood swing, I'd just work harder to relax, work from home if it made things better and just ride it out.

I employ the same on low-carb days and other competition-stress related days as well. I work too closely w/ people to afford to be bitchy for the next 9 weeks. I'm SOOO much better at dealing w/ things these days. Its a skill that I've been working on for years & still have room for improvement.

But mostly I wanted to highlight this so that guys can relate and if you need to explain it to a female, this is the comparison.

I have learned this too. I also am a cancer and would like to kill most .It feels crappy and is very hard to explain. This is why I asked for your opinion . My wife is getting to understand it so it makes it a little better but most wont. And you always have the assholes that say it "PMS" , small minded people with nothing better to do. I am looking to learn from this and to share the lessons I have learned about this.
Thanks Sassy for any input!:bowdown:

SpeedoGuido
05-17-2009, 02:47 PM
The difference is the NEW Dr is wanting my test levels around 1000. My old Dr has it around 500.

What are normal levels for the average 50 + male?
On my last blood test I had them check my testosterone levels. That was about 5 months ago. They said the levels were normal, but didn't give me a number... and I didn't know enough to ask for one. I'm guessing there is a wide range of what "normal" could be.

dougie
05-17-2009, 03:32 PM
What are normal levels for the average 50 + male?
On my last blood test I had them check my testosterone levels. That was about 5 months ago. They said the levels were normal, but didn't give me a number... and I didn't know enough to ask for one. I'm guessing there is a wide range of what "normal" could be. Yes there is a very wide range, 250-1100. 250 for someone who is 80 and 1100 for someone who is 18. Mine came in at 365 and the doc said I was within normal range for my age even tho I felt like crap. Wouldn't do anything for me but that's what you get with Kaiser, worst HMO ever, they suck! It's a shame because it forces people to go elsewhere that is not legal.

Dom
05-17-2009, 05:11 PM
The first time I even asked I was told they ( my test levels ) are fine. 200 to 1200 is the range I was 240 at the time. I felt crappy . I went to a Urologist the next day and went on the gel the same day . I felt better in about 1 hour.
Always ask questions, I can have a very good and detailed conversation with any Dr about test, estrogen, and prostrate issues. Cancer is what got me going and it has never stopped. No I didnt have cancer my dad did.I have been in the bodybuilding and nutrition fields all of my life. The more you know the better prepared you will be.

Dom
05-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Did legs with Rodney and went really good, two cardio sessions and 100% on keto today. I feel really good?? Nothing like the last two days. Just gonna go with it.

BigJD69
05-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Was this a FDA Study?

Dom
05-18-2009, 04:06 PM
No, I am really not sure. I do know its now over.

Cogrick2
05-19-2009, 07:52 AM
I subscribed to this thread. I look forward to hearing what you learn. I hope things stay positive!

Dom
05-20-2009, 08:33 AM
Well I am getting closer to my final work up ,Funny I dont feel all that bad. I am still on the Dave diet but going strong. The one thing I can say is that I need to watch my temper .Little things out of thin air set me off. I guess that at least I know its more the lack of test than what if going on? My work outs are going great, mood is good, strength is still good. I have funny dreams about not eating carbs, but other than that all is well...
I will post up any changes as they come! Thanks for all the support so far !!

Dom
05-22-2009, 06:42 PM
Well I am 17 days away and I feel GREAT!!??? I am strong,still leaning out, and over all happy. I dont know why and I am very much looking forward to see what my levels are. I dont remember feeling this good in the past.
We will see!!!

Rocco1943
05-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Dom and I had a good shoulder work out today and mine still feel tired. I can't believe how much better I enjoy really killing the muscles. Now if I have 8-10 reps, I'm not happy unless I can get 12. I guess at 66 I subconsciously feel time is running out.LOL
'

sassy69
05-23-2009, 01:07 AM
Well I am 17 days away and I feel GREAT!!??? I am strong,still leaning out, and over all happy. I dont know why and I am very much looking forward to see what my levels are. I dont remember feeling this good in the past.
We will see!!!

Glad to hear you're doing well! Looking forward to your final counts!

Dom
05-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Well I have 9 more days and I now have to say I feel it. I feel run down and less energy . Joints hurt and sleepy much more often. Still able to train and do cardio so thats good!! 9 more days!!!! Then I go see the new Dr and start over!!
:eek:

sassy69
05-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Well I have 9 more days and I now have to say I feel it. I feel run down and less energy . Joints hurt and sleepy much more often. Still able to train and do cardio so thats good!! 9 more days!!!! Then I go see the new Dr and start over!!
:eek:

Countin' down the minutes I bet! Positive vibes for quick cruise thru this and back to the GOOD STUFF! :beerbang:

Dom
05-29-2009, 06:38 PM
SOON!!! I dont feel bad , I just dont feel normal for me! Kind of like 50%??
I thought I wouldnt miss it. WRONG!!
Thanks!

Dom
06-14-2009, 04:07 PM
We met with my new Dr today. Going for a full blood work up to see what he thinks. My test levels are now at 240 . After being off 5 weeks. Iwill post the blood work when I get it. Now I am just debating on which therapy to use. He has a cream ( not the gel) its 10% and is a better way for me to go. The shots are still on the table but I will look into that option after I have used the new cream. Dr says he can get my levels up higher and more consistent with the cream and it will cost less. Also looking at another therapy but will go into that when I am on it. Any thoughts?

esplendido
06-14-2009, 07:53 PM
We met with my new Dr today. Going for a full blood work up to see what he thinks. My test levels are now at 240 . After being off 5 weeks. Iwill post the blood work when I get it. Now I am just debating on which therapy to use. He has a cream ( not the gel) its 10% and is a better way for me to go. The shots are still on the table but I will look into that option after I have used the new cream. Dr says he can get my levels up higher and more consistent with the cream and it will cost less. Also looking at another therapy but will go into that when I am on it. Any thoughts?

No on the cream, yes on injections. WITH insurance, intramuscular test is cheaper than creams. The test in creams is partially converted to DHT as it passes through the 5-alpha reductase receptors in hair follicles.

Dom
06-14-2009, 09:11 PM
No insurance, I am going to do my blood work first. Then I will make the choice. Funny its not the cost for once. I am just not sure what I want to do.Esplendido I was hoping you would post. I will bring that up with him. I will give it a week then get on something!
THANKS!!!!

Dom
06-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Here is the last test, hope it loads. My test levels after all weeks off 4 totla are only 248. Any thoughts?? I have been told ( YELLED AT ( by most not to do the creams of any kind, so I am not going to do it . I have looked into every thing. I will be doing the shots myself along with some other stuff ( hcg ) My strength is stll very good, weight is still going down . Feel ok most of the time, I will say the major stuff is cant really push to far past stop. When its over its over. Still have to eatch the moody angry stuff other than that I am ok. REALLY want to start back on test this week.
Post away!!!:cool:

sassy69
06-21-2009, 11:50 AM
Dom - I have nothing to add to your test results, but mostly I just wish you speedy 'back on test'. The guys I've known who have dealt w/ low test levels (primarily from screwing up PCT) were just miserable. It such a fundamental part of what & who you are and how you feel. So I look forward to when you're all 'normal' again!

esplendido
06-21-2009, 11:53 AM
The thing that stands out to me, Dom, is your creatinine. It's in the normal range, which for a bodybuilder, is indicative of not pushing as hard as you can. Usually, your creatinine will be a little above high, which indicates muscle damage. Of course, I'm referring to good damage....the kind that training induces and produces maximum growth. Some will argue that it doesn't have to show high for growth, but maximum growth...and the work that produces it does push the creatinine up quite a bit.

As Rodney discovered, you can believe you're training at peak level and find out that you actually have more to give.

Dom
06-21-2009, 01:52 PM
Good call, I find myself pushing extra hard as of late. Not that I didnt before, but now I feel I have a goal in mind so I am working extra hard to reach it. Ego has nothing to do with . I want it in such a manner that it looks very easy, simple almost. Funny how things change. I will get my new blood work some time this week and see what the Dr says. I know in my mind what I am going to do so its just time now.:D

Dom
07-10-2009, 07:10 AM
Going today to meet with the Dr . I will get my blood work and post it. Been pushing harder and more often, need something to give. 4:30 today I will know!!

sassy69
07-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Going today to meet with the Dr . I will get my blood work and post it. Been pushing harder and more often, need something to give. 4:30 today I will know!!

*fingers crossed for ya*

Let us know the outcome!

Dom
07-24-2009, 11:51 AM
Ok here it is
Cholesterol was high 217
hdl normal
ldl 140
Shgb low 15
Estradiol high 61
dhea-s low 229
fsh normal
lh low .6
igf-1 low 134
tsh high 3.0
t-3 very low 260
testosterone low 349
free testosterone low 7.2

OK in thoughts?? he has me on 1 cc weekly, it has been almost 1 week. I feel better and still very strong and dropping weight again.

gman
07-24-2009, 12:07 PM
does he have you an estradiol blocker, yours is really high?

esplendido
07-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Ok here it is
Cholesterol was high 217
hdl normal
ldl 140
Shgb low 15
Estradiol high 61
dhea-s low 229
fsh normal
lh low .6
igf-1 low 134
tsh high 3.0
t-3 very low 260
testosterone low 349
free testosterone low 7.2

OK in thoughts?? he has me on 1 cc weekly, it has been almost 1 week. I feel better and still very strong and dropping weight again.

Typical panel after longterm testosterone use. Your new treatment should level out the highs, although 200mg/wk is about half what you need.

gman
07-24-2009, 12:37 PM
I am sorely tempted to go to 400, Rick. The 200 is doing a lot, can't imagine 400!

Dom
07-24-2009, 01:06 PM
No on the estro blocker, at least not yet. I might up the dose in a little while. I just want to get it back to normal. I have only done 1 shot so far. My next on is monday morning. Still just leaning out and training hard. Made so good improvements so far in my legs , but I need to drop 30lbs still. I might start posting pic shortly to show progress.
Thanks!:cool:

gman
07-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Dom, post them up! I got 40-50 to lose and I posted mine up!