PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Preparation for Dave's Diet ?

Crazy Dave
05-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Dave says to weigh chicken after it is cooked.

Anyone have a good recipe for chicken breast that will taste good and last in the fridge for 2-3 days cooked that will work for Dave's diet ?

Or how much raw chicken breast will = 7 oz cooked chicken breast ?

needtogetaas
05-17-2009, 07:47 PM
take chicken breast. Cover with olive oil,rosemary,basil,sea salt,pepper,minced fresh roasted garlic(you can buy this already done if lazy),and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Let sit in fridge over night. Place it all in a deep oven dish and back on 350 till an internal temp of 365. let the chicken cool down and then chop it up into 1 inch cubes.

You can do like 7-10lb of this at a time its real easy. Then you can use the chicken cubes on anything from salad to in a sandwich. I mean you can never have enough pre made chicken chunks man. You can do all kinds of shit with it.

Crazy Dave
05-17-2009, 07:59 PM
take chicken breast. Cover with olive oil,rosemary,basil,sea salt,pepper,minced fresh roasted garlic(you can buy this already done if lazy),and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Let sit in fridge over night. Place it all in a deep oven dish and back on 350 till an internal temp of 365. let the chicken cool down and then chop it up into 1 inch cubes.

You can do like 7-10lb of this at a time its real easy. Then you can use the chicken cubes on anything from salad to in a sandwich. I mean you can never have enough pre made chicken chunks man. You can do all kinds of shit with it.

That sounds like something I would enjoy.

I have everything but the garlic and lemon juice. I'll pick some up on the next trip to the store. I'll let you know how I like it, thanks.

needtogetaas
05-18-2009, 05:41 PM
That sounds like something I would enjoy.

I have everything but the garlic and lemon juice. I'll pick some up on the next trip to the store. I'll let you know how I like it, thanks.
Anytime man.

Crazy Dave
05-20-2009, 01:02 PM

OK,

I took your recipe and kicked it up a few notches.

I will call it " Tex Mex Chicken for Dave's keto diet"

Mix all ingredients in a medium size bowl:

1/2 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
1 large head roasted garlic minced
1 tablespoon Cumin
1 tablespoon dry Cilantro
2 teaspoons Kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 packets splenda

Next:

Put 3-4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast in a 1 gallon zip bag. Dump all the marinade over the chicken. Seal up the bag and marinate in the fridge over night.

Next:

Dump the chicken with all the marinade in a deep dish baking pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven till the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165-170 degrees. (about 1 hour)

Let chicken cool on a cutting board for 10 minutes before cutting into cubes.

Makes 5-7 cooked 7 oz portions

bringingthehuge
06-11-2009, 04:22 PM
i usually boil it in soy sauce till the water evaporates and it leaves a nice brown coating, tastes good and stays moist

BigJD69
06-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Gotta try that one also!