PDA

View Full Version : Somebody tell me a Palumbo diet on a tight budget please?

The Wolf
05-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Bussiness has gone pretty bad this month and we are starting to tread real carefully, so it means cutbacks. So I just ran out of protein isolate and I thought I can wait until the end of the month to get it as my family is more important. Chicken is pretty cheap where I am, so are peanuts.
Can anybody recomend a decent plan that can help me get through this month, we all go through tough times now and again.
Cheers.

Crazy Dave
05-17-2009, 05:10 PM
I actually think the whey protein cost less per serving compared to the meat and chicken.

Go to nutrabio.com, their whey isolate is top notch and can be purchased in bulk for even cheaper. If you have to, buy the whey concentrate in bulk from nutrabio. It has more carbs, but not by much.

Costco or Sams is another option. Buy in bulk !!

The Wolf
05-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Thanks bro but now Im living in Turkey and your $25 protein that costs at least $120 hear, chicken is cheap but even tinned tuna is expensive.
Steroids and stuff are dirt cheap but supplements aint and customs will confiscate protein powders so Im stuck on that one:(

The Big Sexy
05-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Are you looking for more protein ideas? Fats? What about eggs? Turkey (haha - no pun intended)???

As for fats - I'm not entirely versed on the Palumbo diet - perhaps Dave might be able to shed some light on this question - you might want to ask this question in the Q/A thread in the celebrity section - To Dave that is... he IS the expert/guru on this :)

Crazy Dave
05-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Thanks bro but now Im living in Turkey and your $25 protein that costs at least $120 hear, chicken is cheap but even tinned tuna is expensive.
Steroids and stuff are dirt cheap but supplements aint and customs will confiscate protein powders so Im stuck on that one:(

Man, you should have said you are living in Turkey.

I would not have even responded cause I don't know shit about what things cost in Turkey. lol:wavey:

G-Roy
05-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Buy in bulk, it will be expensive at the moment but pay off. I got 7 pound sof fround beef for $13 at wegmans. Get a bunch of eggs, and chicken. A big bottle of olive oil and a big container of nuts. Buy whatever greens are on sale. All the whey protein is cheap and good quality. I spend about $70 a week on food minus whey.

HeavyDutyGuy
06-09-2009, 06:43 PM
TRY THIS meal 1 - same as usual egg meal. Meal 2 liquid egg whites. Meal 3 chicken or tuna, nuts. Meal 4- same as 2. Meal 5 Beef or chicken, green salad. Meal 6 same as 2.

Shadow
06-09-2009, 07:30 PM
The only shakes are pre and post workout. I'm thinking you can replace the preworkout one with egg whites and a tablespoon of mac nut oil (or olive oil if you can't afford that), or hell, even whole eggs. Post-workout just slam back some egg whites, wait a while, and eat your post-workout meal.

brolic1
06-12-2009, 04:47 AM
I know most bbers stay away from tofu and how some brands have been shown to have estrogens when taking by small boys but in a real pinch the pros might out weigh the cons. http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/legumes-and-legume-products/4393/2 Not sure how available it is in Turkey, really cheap and everywhere where i live.

Behemoth
06-18-2009, 10:28 AM
Try www.trueprotein.com, they have deals on whey, look for "recession whey" on the site. I beloieve they ship to Turkey. At least take a look; if shipping isn't too crazy it may be worthwhile.