PDA

View Full Version : Gymrat post re-feed

gymrat9929
05-18-2009, 10:52 AM
I did a re-feed / mock carb load yesterday with 700 grams of high glycemic carbs over the course of 12 hrs. I seemed to fill up nicely and get much drier. I like the way things are progressing. I will not refeed again until the thursday before Mayhem. This gives me 12 more days of hard dieting and cardio to pull of the last bit of fat.

davidyes
05-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Lookin' good, gymrat. Sick quad separation.

gymrat9929
05-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Thanks bro.

this is the first week my quads actually looked like they are suppossed to.

Frosty
05-18-2009, 12:43 PM
When loading I like to use things that will bloat my gut the least. Easy to digest, little fiber....because the more stuff you got in your gut the less ab definition you'll have. It's hard for abs to come out well when your gut is full!

gymrat9929
05-18-2009, 12:46 PM
When loading I like to use things that will bloat my gut the least. Easy to digest, little fiber....because the more stuff you got in your gut the less ab definition you'll have. It's hard for abs to come out well when your gut is full!

Do you think my gut looks full?

I ate white rice, flavored rice cakes and cinamon toast crunch cereal for my carb sources.

Do you recomend something else?

Frosty
05-18-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm not experienced enough to make recommendations that I can say will work for you. But just something to keep in mind. That's one reason the Skiploading is cool because you get time between your load and when you peak, so you have time to shit out all the food :D

One thing that works for me would be to load and then go back to low carb, moving to more protein shakes, no veggies or fiber....waist is a lot smaller that way and my abs look way better and have more definition. I can do a load and not bloat up from water, but when my waist is bigger from food I definitely notice abs do not look nearly as good as when my digestive system has hardly anything in it. Plus with this I get a much better illusion of size since my waist is smaller by inches.

gymrat9929
05-18-2009, 01:18 PM
I'm not experienced enough to make recommendations that I can say will work for you. But just something to keep in mind. That's one reason the Skiploading is cool because you get time between your load and when you peak, so you have time to shit out all the food :D

One thing that works for me would be to load and then go back to low carb, moving to more protein shakes, no veggies or fiber....waist is a lot smaller that way and my abs look way better and have more definition. I can do a load and not bloat up from water, but when my waist is bigger from food I definitely notice abs do not look nearly as good as when my digestive system has hardly anything in it. Plus with this I get a much better illusion of size since my waist is smaller by inches.

smart. so you start loading like ... what ... 3 or 4 days out?

Frosty
05-18-2009, 01:32 PM
smart. so you start loading like ... what ... 3 or 4 days out?

That totally depends on how long it takes you to peak after you're done loading. Meaning when you look your best. If it's 2 days for one guy or 4 days for another...it's just how your body reacts. It's not a scientific equation and just requires experimenting and refining like with Skiploading. Say you load hard, then 3 days after your load you've lost the water and look dry and full, then that's how you should time it for a show. Either way it gives you time to shit out all the food you ate for the load letting you come in with a smaller waist and better ab definition. In my opinion if you load right before the show, you're either not going to fill up well or if you fill up well your gut will be bigger.

Lenny
05-18-2009, 03:23 PM
This is the best you have looked BigJ, the best, now ride this it out and now you know how to fill those cuts up! Honestly, look sharp in those shots! I guess that body needed some low fat carbs in there!

gymrat9929
05-18-2009, 03:55 PM
That totally depends on how long it takes you to peak after you're done loading. Meaning when you look your best. If it's 2 days for one guy or 4 days for another...it's just how your body reacts. It's not a scientific equation and just requires experimenting and refining like with Skiploading. Say you load hard, then 3 days after your load you've lost the water and look dry and full, then that's how you should time it for a show. Either way it gives you time to shit out all the food you ate for the load letting you come in with a smaller waist and better ab definition. In my opinion if you load right before the show, you're either not going to fill up well or if you fill up well your gut will be bigger.

I'll access how I look tomorrow and that will tell me if I need to start earlier. Thanks for the input i really apprecaite all the advice.

This is the best you have looked BigJ, the best, now ride this it out and now you know how to fill those cuts up! Honestly, look sharp in those shots! I guess that body needed some low fat carbs in there!

That means a lot brotha. I'm hoping that with better control of my water and the help of a diuretic I will achieve that "thin skinned" look I had last year with an added 22 lbs of muscle. I weighed 222 in these pictures, down 1lbs from yesterday morning ... after the refeed.

BigJD69
05-18-2009, 04:00 PM
I dont think that you have to worry about your gut descending. You look Real good for 12 days out. I used to use EX-Lax about 3-4 days out but I always had issues with my stomach. You should be fine!

flexingtonsteele
05-18-2009, 08:44 PM
bro u look so much better than u did last year! whatever ur doing is working, keep up the good work!

gymrat9929
05-18-2009, 10:17 PM
bro u look so much better than u did last year! whatever ur doing is working, keep up the good work!

Dude that means so much! All anybody wants to do is improve from year to year and comments like that really make me feel like all the time and work has been worth it.

Keep Grinding!