PDA

View Full Version : Wwe=stale

<~~StrengthByGod~~>
05-19-2009, 10:41 AM
I used to look forward to Monday nights with a passion. I knew I would see my favorite roided up wrestlers dropping each other in powerful moves and forming alliances....soap opera for men:D

The WWE as it stands now is a joke. I just about fell asleep last night.

What did people pay $50 to see at Judgement Day? Randy Orton slap a ref to get disqualified. Wow. Money well spent. Ooooh...the slithery viper, you sly dog you....yawn...

Santina vs Vicky? Unbelievable. An italian man dressed up like a female dragged on for 6 weeks since Mania? Yeah, that's what the fans want...

Why do the same rematches get made time and time again? I mean, its one single day after the last ppv and it's just useless junking of the next ppv already...

How many times must I see...

Orton vs HHH
Cena vs Edge
Cena vs Orton
Batista vs Orton?

Seriously....they need to mix it up a bit. The show is trash.

The quality of wrestling is 150% better on TNA. They take high risk moves and the action rarely slows down.

Perhaps I just think of the past, maybe Stone Cold dropping his boss in a Stunner after getting chewed out for being too wild....

Maybe its DX rolling in on a Tank....

Maybe its when belts used to change hands on a weekly broadcast...

...and I realize that those days are gone forever...

Right now the WWE has two champions that do nothing to earn their titles and always cheat to win...now with Edge, I kinda like that, because every now and then someone will stomp his ass, but Orton and Legacy are not enough to save RAW.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
05-19-2009, 10:48 AM
I need to write for WWE, but according to the education and experience requirements listed, I would never be in the running.

And I think they are missing out on a lot of good people by doing that. The fans know what they want to see. Let the fans have some input (I do not even count Cyber Sunday), and WWE would be a lot more interesting.

<~~StrengthByGod~~>
05-19-2009, 11:21 AM
I need to write for WWE, but according to the education and experience requirements listed, I would never be in the running.

And I think they are missing out on a lot of good people by doing that. The fans know what they want to see. Let the fans have some input (I do not even count Cyber Sunday), and WWE would be a lot more interesting.

I agree. Let the fan's input account and I believe the show would improve.

I mean, the past few years, its just been going downhill....

The spirit squad, Vince challenging and mocking God, the lameass return of a 2 member DX, Santina, its just gone to shit imo...

MichaelWayne
05-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Used to love watching it, but now if its on I'll view maybe a minute or two then move on. Not just the back stories, but everything is lame. Think they got to a point of trying to go as extreme as they could in every area, but now they've written themselves into a corner.

For christ's sake, how many times can you ask that Hardy guy to put his life on the line for Raw or Smackdown?

SUMO
05-19-2009, 12:35 PM

The WWE had both Mick Foley and Paul Heyman under contract at a time when they were doing nothing with them. You want a creative team? That would have been the perfect one.
But alas, both are now gone and they have since hired sitcom writers. Awesome.

<~~StrengthByGod~~>
05-19-2009, 12:40 PM
The WWE had both Mick Foley and Paul Heyman under contract at a time when they were doing nothing with them. You want a creative team? That would have been the perfect one.

Paul Heyman and Eric Bishov were the WWE's diamonds in the rough and they were both tossed aside like yesterday's garbage.

Bishov was the best GM Raw ever had.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
05-19-2009, 03:24 PM

Ah... here is the problem.

~gymdiva~
05-19-2009, 03:29 PM
they've had sitcom/soap opera writers for YEARS...that's nothing too new...the problem is lack of anyone else with any grasp on the business...and agendas...and Vince wanting to take the company in a more "marketable, hollywood" type direction...

memphismuscle
05-20-2009, 10:39 PM
wrestling ain't what it use to be, back during the monday night wars was the best. The beginning of the NWO, the original DX, stone cold, rock, ect. the list goes one. The wars made each company perform better night after night. Now that Vince has a monopoly on it he can do as he pleases........

memphismuscle
05-20-2009, 10:41 PM
also the real hardcore matches i.e. barbed wire, flaming tables, and pretty much every thing ECW was about needs to come back.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
05-20-2009, 10:56 PM
also the real hardcore matches i.e. barbed wire, flaming tables, and pretty much every thing ECW was about needs to come back.

Man, ECW was out of hand for the longest. I saw stuff that I am sure turned me pale white.

juggernaut
05-20-2009, 11:27 PM
hasnt been the same since stone cold, the rock and triple H were battling against Mr. McMahon. BTW-what is this thing McMahon is involved with the Pepsi Center? I saw him on SportsCenter but didnt catch it.

juggernaut
05-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Orton is a puss. Hes nothing when it comes to quality. Hes like that guy the brooklyn brawler. you know his name, but you dont give a shit.

<~~StrengthByGod~~>
05-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Man, ECW was out of hand for the longest. I saw stuff that I am sure turned me pale white.

ECW was extreme way back when...

What will really turn you pale is watching Cactus Jack Japan's underground wrestling. There is barb wire instead of ropes, flames shoot up out of the ring, tacks, blood everywhere...the Japanese are crazy. My friend had vhs of it that were very hard to come by.

juggernaut
05-21-2009, 11:19 AM
I saw that kind of stuff in The Wrestler. It is truly nucking futs.

flipper
05-21-2009, 11:31 AM
The problem happened when they started hiring writers out of hollywood. They don't understand the wrestling business. It can sometimes get cheesy, but thats why we loved it.

juggernaut
05-21-2009, 12:02 PM
that shit was outta control when stone cold and the rock were around...funny but i likened the bashing your boss scenes...especially when McMahon got slammed with a bedpan...LOL classic!!