PDA

View Full Version : A handfull of peanuts and chicken breast vs peanut butter and protein shake

The Wolf
05-19-2009, 06:23 PM
How would these compare? At the moment I havent got any protein powder and I cant be bothered to make peanut butter again so how would a handfull of peanuts and 200gm chicken breast compare to 1tbs peanut butter and protein shake?I know it takes quite alot of peanuts to make Itbs peanut buuter.

newgoal300
05-19-2009, 06:33 PM
always pick real food over processed if you have the opportunity...just my .02

The Wolf
05-19-2009, 06:36 PM
Ok so you prefer the chicken and peanuts, thanks who else?

Frosty
05-19-2009, 08:25 PM
I don't see a real difference. Watch peanuts...calories add up pretty quickly. I'm a firm believer in having anyone weigh out nuts for meals because it's WAY too easy to overeat them and get way too many calories. I think mac nuts are a waaay better choice, though.

THUNDERGOD
05-19-2009, 09:24 PM
When you weigh out nuts, no matter which ones they are, you will be very disappointed in how much you get. I like to mix things up a bit and add either Nat.PB or Mac oil to my shakes and if I am at home for my chicken meal, I will add the mac oil to it instead of having the nuts. But yes, everything gets weighed out in grams except for the oil that is measured with a measuring spoon.

ChunkyThunder
05-20-2009, 01:07 AM
I don't see a real difference. Watch peanuts...calories add up pretty quickly. I'm a firm believer in having anyone weigh out nuts for meals because it's WAY too easy to overeat them and get way too many calories. I think mac nuts are a waaay better choice, though.

yeah but they are REALLY expensive...I take the middle ground and go with almonds

Frosty
05-20-2009, 01:12 AM
I get mac nuts for $8.4 a pound at Trader Joes.

Crazy Dave
05-20-2009, 09:02 AM
I remember you trying to find a replacement for the whey in your other thread, your in Turkey right.

In Dave Palumbo's book Perfect Prison Physique he has a totally different diet then what he puts on the web.

There is mackerel and tuna packets for protein and peanuts for protein and fat in the meal plan.

I say be creative, use what you can get a hold of. As long as your carbs are where they are supposed to be, food choice is secondary.

The Wolf
05-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Thanks guys:)

juggernaut
05-21-2009, 05:43 PM
I got a restaurant near me that makes fried walnut crusted chicken breast dipped in Godiva chocolate sauce. Does this count?

ChunkyThunder
05-23-2009, 12:46 AM
I get mac nuts for $8.4 a pound at Trader Joes.

Wow....the farmer's market by me has them for $13 a pound so I never even thought about buying them

"Rodz"
05-27-2009, 03:43 AM
I got a restaurant near me that makes fried walnut crusted chicken breast dipped in Godiva chocolate sauce. Does this count?

Sweet lord that sounds good, lol

"Rodz"
05-27-2009, 03:45 AM
Wow....the farmer's market by me has them for $13 a pound so I never even thought about buying them

At least u can find them, up here we have "bulk barn" walnuts, cashews, almonds, peanuts are easy, but no mac nuts or oil

Bennny
06-02-2009, 10:07 PM

My ass would be parked there on my cheat day.

brolic1
06-12-2009, 04:49 AM
18-20 a pound in western Canada. Ive been bugging Costco to bring them in. Once in awhile youll find them at walmart for not a bad price