PDA

View Full Version : Golfers

esplendido
05-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Who are the golfers in the Masters Forum? I'm a 13 handicap and try to play a minimum of once a week. (I live on a golf course.....it helps). Perhaps we can put together an Rx golf tourney....like in Vegas. Can you see it now? Muscleheads in Izod shirts and plaid shorts, dwarfing the clubs and cart? The regulars would flee in mortal terror...:D

The Thinker
05-19-2009, 11:20 PM
I've golfed with my daughter since she was little. I've fallen off the wagon the last few years but she played on the Jr High team. That game drives me nuts.

I'll bring my clubs to the Olympia but will probably embarrass myself!!!! LOL

esplendido
05-19-2009, 11:30 PM
It's not about score (lie), it's about the comraderie.

Ninja Loco
05-20-2009, 12:47 AM
Right here. Custom made to fit clubs with rifle shafts, 4-SW. Big Bertha copy driver with 8 degree loft, Tri Metal fairway woods.

Havent played in 5 years.

esplendido
05-20-2009, 01:04 AM
Right here. Custom made to fit clubs with rifle shafts, 4-SW. Big Bertha copy driver with 8 degree loft, Tri Metal fairway woods.

Havent played in 5 years.

Damn, 8 degree loft? The ball must come off the head like a ballistic missle and fly about 30' off the ground the entire drive!

I have Ping G2's with a 10 degree driver. I need a 9 degree.....

Ninja Loco
05-20-2009, 01:33 AM
Damn, 8 degree loft? The ball must come off the head like a ballistic missle and fly about 30' off the ground the entire drive!

I have Ping G2's with a 10 degree driver. I need a 9 degree.....
It does. Built for the high winds of Texas and my height, which is 5'7. The shaft is about 5 inches shorter than a regular driver.

esplendido
05-20-2009, 01:38 AM
It does. Built for the high winds of Texas and my height, which is 5'7. The shaft is about 5 inches shorter than a regular driver.

I have a couple of buds I play golf with in Austin. Are you near there?

Ninja Loco
05-20-2009, 01:50 AM
Dallas

gman
05-20-2009, 09:33 AM
It's too hard for me. I got addicted for about 4-5 years while my son was playing in middle and high school, joined a golf club, played a lot, took lessons, and still sucked just as bad 5 years later. I have no coordination, heck I can't even hit a softball, as big and strong as I am, I am lucky if I hit a line drive over the shortstop's head.

My clubs sit in my garage now, and I play in charity events once or twice a year.

The Big Sexy
05-20-2009, 10:06 AM
I'd love it - I'll definitely be at the Olympia, but I will probably be at some booth - so, it would have to be one of the non-weekend days or what not... maybe a Sunday (if at the O)

Big ER
05-20-2009, 10:57 AM

What's with all the technicalities? SHOW OFF LMAO

Ninja Loco
05-20-2009, 11:43 AM
What's with all the technicalities? SHOW OFF LMAO
Havent you ever heard that if you spend enough money you CAN buy a better game?:o

gman
05-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Havent you ever heard that if you spend enough money you CAN buy a better game?:o

Didn't work for yours truly.

I truly am a non athlete. I am fortunate to even be able to stick the TRT needle in without messing up! lol

esplendido
05-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Didn't work for yours truly.

I truly am a non athlete. I am fortunate to even be able to stick the TRT needle in without messing up! lol

You're a numbers guy, Mike. Spacial consepts don't suit you. Golf is a game played in 3D requiring an understanding of force, geometry (space), and finesse. The majority of people are linear thinkers, which is why the majority of golfers are duffers. It's still fun, regardless. :)

gman
05-20-2009, 01:09 PM
I am not really a numbers guy, I went into accounting because my dad told me I couldn't get a job as a history or English major! lol

One good thing about golf, it teaches you very quickly about all the laws of physics you never learned!

Big ER
05-20-2009, 01:34 PM
If there is anyone that does not or can't have the greatest fun on the links, then that doofus can't have a good time anywhere!

Even Charles Barkley has fun! LMAO

gman
05-20-2009, 01:51 PM
I have fun now when I go, but I was not always that way. You could count on a club toss once a round.

The Thinker
05-20-2009, 04:51 PM
If there is anyone that does not or can't have the greatest fun on the links, then that doofus can't have a good time anywhere!

Even Charles Barkley has fun! LMAO

Barkley cares that he sucks as he is competitive as the next guy. He is just too stubborn to quit.

Viper
05-20-2009, 05:08 PM
I suck at golf, but it's still fun.

Manavs
05-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Perhaps we can put together an Rx golf tourney....like in Vegas.

Im all up for that!

Mikey
http://www.atomic-golf.com/atomicgolfmanavian.jpg/atomicgolfmanavian-full.jpg