PDA

View Full Version : Can't get my damn chicken to taste good!

the_gift
05-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Ok I'm posting in this section because most of you have lived through eating tons of chicken breast, and made it taste good i'm sure..

So here is what im doing.. defrosting the chicken, then drizzling olive oil on it, putting some dijon mustard in the middle.. crackling some salt and pepper on top.. then i grill it.. and put some buffalo sauce on it.. and i'm still getting a really bad taste in the middle.. all the chicken im making is giving me this bad after taste..

is it because im defrosting it..?? theres just a weird taste coming from the middle.

BEAST MODE
05-20-2009, 01:29 PM
IMO it tastes like shit because it's chicken! I still haven't found a way to make it good. Looking forward to seeing what others have done.

r_wichman
05-20-2009, 01:30 PM
LOL! Stop putting all that shit on your chicken... Cook it plain

SUMO
05-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Eat red meat.

BEAST MODE
05-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Eat red meat.

:beerbang: That's what I decided to do!

buster12
05-20-2009, 01:31 PM
^fuck yes! Nice and juicy steak!

the_gift
05-20-2009, 01:35 PM
I knew I would be getting quick replies fast!! awesome.

Ok, Well the olive oil and mustard is just something I picked from Evan C's video (off season cooking one).. the buffalo sauce I just added because the other was unbearable..

cooltech25
05-20-2009, 01:37 PM
I use lea&perrins worcestershire sauce yummy

TheForce
05-20-2009, 01:42 PM
I know how some of you feel about chicken...

Ive been eating my chicken with brown rice along with cream of mushroom soup (1/2 cup) as a sauce for it. Its kinda bland so I toss in a half teaspoon of salt....

Makes it more worthwhile to eat it

MRT
05-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Try plucking the chicken before you cook it

Crazy Dave
05-20-2009, 01:45 PM
My new chicken recipe is off the chain! Juicy and Tasty!!

Scroll down to post #5

click here Chicken Preparation for Dave's Diet ? - RX Muscle Forums

J. Daniels
05-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Sounds like your not cooking it long enough. Might just need more time on the grill. It should be good with the mixture you're using.

Under cooked chicken will taste like shit no matter how you season it.

BILLY GUNS
05-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Try Choking your chicken:wanker:

crashcrew56
05-20-2009, 02:02 PM
You should go to the store and buy a bunch of marinades and different chicken rubs, and see what you like, and don't be afraid to add extra seasoning to the marinades and rubs

Formula94
05-20-2009, 02:10 PM
I agree, sounds like he's not cooking it long enough. I will grill mine at around 400* for 20 or so minutes...depending on the thickness.

SUMO
05-20-2009, 02:10 PM
You should go to the store and buy a bunch of marinades and different chicken rubs, and see what you like, and don't be afraid to add extra seasoning to the marinades and rubs
I actually eat chicken a couple times a day now and that's what my wife did. Also, invest in some mesquite wood chips. I like those.

Voland
05-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Chicken tastes fine. I prefer turkey but i eat both everyday. Just grill them with some herbs and thats all.

Bigluva
05-20-2009, 02:16 PM
I put lots of macadamia nut oil on mine right b4 eating and some mustard.

Dade
05-20-2009, 02:17 PM
If you're not dieting try barbeque sauce. I never get tired of it.

Dan Rek
05-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Eat red meat.

Fuckin A Right, Top cut Baby!!!

Three things I do
1: After cooking the chicken (grilled or baked with no bread crumbs or extra crap), put some buffalo sauce all over the whole thing, it's like buffalo wings minus the breading and/or frying. (if your in off season, try and find some kind of low cal, low carb, etc. blu cheese or ranch)

2: Get sugar free bbq sauce and just dip it in that after grilling it, or grill it in it

3: Grill it and dip in "Healthy" salad dressing

RpF
05-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Do it in the oven man, grilling dries the shit out of it!

Get a pan and some foil-enough to fold over on both sides.

squeeze some lemon juice in the pan on the foil, spread it around.

Cut the fillet through the middle so it opens up like a heartshape then spread on your dijon mustard, some salt 'n' pepper and maybe curry powder if you like

In the oven at top temp for bout 25mins to 35, check if cooked. bon appetite
The lemon adds an extra flavour to the chicken which compliments the mustard and other spices, and also replaces olive oil--Olive oil goes into the pan as olive oil and comes out a different molecule. Dijon Mustard also tastes better oven roasted whereas not so good when charred.

MichaelWayne
05-20-2009, 03:10 PM
I'm all for cooking the chicken plain or with BBQ. Mustard AFTER its cooked, but never before.
Also go for more then just salt and pepper, try a Hickory or Mesquite seasoning, that will really bring out the taste if you put it on the chicken then cook it.

Also grilling seems to be the perfect choice for bird IMO.

layton34
05-20-2009, 03:27 PM
somebody mentioned lea and perrins... let the chicken marinate over nite in that shit and then grill it. ahhh sooo good!!!! could be the brand of chicken ur using.. i found the store bought chicken sucks and went to a meat market and it tastes sooo much better!!!!!!!!!!!

the_gift
05-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Fuckin A Right, Top cut Baby!!!

Three things I do
1: After cooking the chicken (grilled or baked with no bread crumbs or extra crap), put some buffalo sauce all over the whole thing, it's like buffalo wings minus the breading and/or frying. (if your in off season, try and find some kind of low cal, low carb, etc. blu cheese or ranch)

2: Get sugar free bbq sauce and just dip it in that after grilling it, or grill it in it

3: Grill it and dip in "Healthy" salad dressing

thanks man.. number 1 and 2 worked great.. i'm going to give number 3 a try.. whats some good healthy salad dressing (LOW CAL/CARB)??

Jodie
05-21-2009, 12:04 AM
thanks man.. number 1 and 2 worked great.. i'm going to give number 3 a try.. whats some good healthy salad dressing (LOW CAL/CARB)??
Get the packages of Good Seasons...buy the one that comes with the little mixing bottle, it will have two packets of dressing in the box. Mix according to the packet. I use Olive Oil and Red Wine Vinegar. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51tymWCMx6L._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-4,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

Jodie
05-21-2009, 12:10 AM
My chicken I grill on the pit with Steak Seasoning. Being in SE Texas...my favorite is TexJoy Steak Seasoning. http://www.texjoy.com/
I pretty much use that on everything...steak, chicken, fish, turkey, green beans, salad, homemade french fries when I get them.....
My favorite BBQ Sauce.... Sweet Baby Ray's. Its the bomb. http://www.sweetbabyrays.com/

needtogetaas
05-22-2009, 11:35 AM
Ok I'm posting in this section because most of you have lived through eating tons of chicken breast, and made it taste good i'm sure..

So here is what im doing.. defrosting the chicken, then drizzling olive oil on it, putting some dijon mustard in the middle.. crackling some salt and pepper on top.. then i grill it.. and put some buffalo sauce on it.. and i'm still getting a really bad taste in the middle.. all the chicken im making is giving me this bad after taste..

is it because im defrosting it..?? theres just a weird taste coming from the middle.
Use chicken tenders.